The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 05-12-2016, 05:09 PM   #76
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Daredevil, Civil War, and the Sokovia Accords

Registration goes beyond military deployment Pokkle.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:09 PM   #77
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkle View Post
Yeah, but shield is using his enhanced people like the Avengers on foreign soil to do military/spy/investigation,etc

The Defenders won't go on foreign soil, and aren't an military organization.

And the police, the prosecutor were already trying to arrest vigilantes like The Punisher in DD s2 because it is illegal.

But need to wait till the Spider-man to see how he is treated.
United States signed into accords.

- CM Punk
Old 05-12-2016, 05:30 PM   #78
KBX
Side-Kick

If the Netflix shows are truly part of the MCU, than we have a possible story line for the Defenders. Or need some mention of being registered by the police.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:06 AM   #79
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

It would be a collosal waste not to.

#DesignedByTonyStark
ernesth100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:45 AM   #80
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

See, after seeing the movie the thrust of the Accords seemed far more international and about the Avengers team in particular and far less about controlling super heroes inside the borders of the U.S.A., even if Washington and New York were mentioned. See, I feel the Accord's stuff felt frankly thin and in the end unnecessary in the film. The divide over what Cap's actions are Re: Bucky felt to me a more solid reason for the strife, in terms of execution in the movie.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/TBC New Episode: A Short Tribute To Superherohype's Own Vartha, In The News and Defenders Spoiler Review.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:12 AM   #81
Pokkle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
United States signed into accords.
Yeah but I mean being a vigilante (enhanced or not) like Daredevil or The Punisher, in the US, was already illegal, and the prosecutor wanted to arrest them.

It look like, the priority of Accords is to make a lot of rules and supervision to the deployement of enhanced individuals accros the world, in foreign soil, etc

I suppose each country would want to know and find the civilians enhanced people, in their country, like the ATCU was already doing before the accords.
But in my opinion, I don't think it's the priority and I don't think that they are concerned by the accords.

I think that if a US enhanced individual commit crime in the US, the US will deal with him.

If a Sokovian enhanced commit crime in the US, the Accords will come into play.

Last edited by Pokkle; 05-13-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Pokkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:59 AM   #82
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

To me, Daredevil is too small potatoes right now to even be noticed by the likes of General Ross or Everitt. They're pretty focused on the big picture - international incidents and the like. It would take something huge to happen with DD & co. to get the reach of the Sokovia Accords to start affecting them. The Defenders may give us that huge happening, but until then, Daredevil doesn't cause enough collateral damage to be a real problem on his own.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:49 AM   #83
Pokkle
Side-Kick

Also people probably don't know that Daredevil is enhanced.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #84
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Or, as has been said many a time, the Accords have *nothing* to do with being superpowered; they have to do with being international vigilantes. Nothing about them is relevant to, say, Jessica Jones, who never has crossed an international border in her life, and doesn't engage in anything relevant to international affairs anyway.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:44 AM   #85
Pokkle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Or, as has been said many a time, the Accords have *nothing* to do with being superpowered; they have to do with being international vigilantes. Nothing about them is relevant to, say, Jessica Jones, who never has crossed an international border in her life, and doesn't engage in anything relevant to international affairs anyway.
I agree it's about international incident.
But being enhanced is also relevant.

It's written on the front page in the movie:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

"framework for the registration and deployment of enhanced individuals"

Old 05-13-2016, 12:07 PM   #86
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkle View Post
Yeah but I mean being a vigilante (enhanced or not) like Daredevil or The Punisher, in the US, was already illegal, and the prosecutor wanted to arrest them.

It look like, the priority of Accords is to make a lot of rules and supervision to the deployement of enhanced individuals accros the world, in foreign soil, etc

I suppose each country would want to know and find the civilians enhanced people, in their country, like the ATCU was already doing before the accords.
But in my opinion, I don't think it's the priority and I don't think that they are concerned by the accords.

I think that if a US enhanced individual commit crime in the US, the US will deal with him.

If a Sokovian enhanced commit crime in the US, the Accords will come into play.
That's the priority, but priorities also changed. After one is taken care of they move to the next one. Daredevil and his ilk can't avoid this forever.

- CM Punk
Old 05-14-2016, 05:56 PM   #87
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

I don't get why people are so against the ideas of the Accords expanding to effect heroes other than the Avengers?

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 05-15-2016, 01:30 AM   #88
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesth100 View Post
I don't get why people are so against the ideas of the Accords expanding to effect heroes other than the Avengers?
ernesth100 from one perspective I guess it's the separation. While the shows do sometimes reference the movies, the movies NEVER reference the shows or what's going on there. Which makes sense to a degree.

But it would be difficult to have the films overlap with say the adult TVMA Netflix shows.

I think fans sort of feel that and want to maintain that separation there. That's just my working theory though.

- CM Punk
Old 05-15-2016, 08:54 AM   #89
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Quote:
ernesth100 from one perspective I guess it's the separation. While the shows do sometimes reference the movies, the movies NEVER reference the shows or what's going on there. Which makes sense to a degree.

But it would be difficult to have the films overlap with say the adult TVMA Netflix shows.

I think fans sort of feel that and want to maintain that separation there. That's just my working theory though.
Eh, that does make sense. It's just kinda weird is all. At first they were complaining about that speration. Now it kinda feels like some sort of denial that any sort of tie in could happen.

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 05-15-2016, 06:23 PM   #90
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

That aside, considering the Accords have far reaching effects, those effects should reach Marvel Netflix.

- CM Punk
Old 05-15-2016, 11:05 PM   #91
Stark Bauer
Wants 2b cast as Darkhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
To me, Daredevil is too small potatoes right now to even be noticed by the likes of General Ross or Everitt. They're pretty focused on the big picture - international incidents and the like. It would take something huge to happen with DD & co. to get the reach of the Sokovia Accords to start affecting them. The Defenders may give us that huge happening, but until then, Daredevil doesn't cause enough collateral damage to be a real problem on his own.

He may be small potatoes to them but we already know that Stark has his eye on at least Daredevil if not all of the Defenders and hopefully recruits them for a quick cameo in IW

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” - MLK
Stark Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:22 AM   #92
gildedmuse
Snark Is A Superpower

Quote:
Eh, that does make sense. It's just kinda weird is all. At first they were complaining about that speration. Now it kinda feels like some sort of denial that any sort of tie in could happen.
But also, I'd rather see the showmakers given the freedom to do what they want with their characters. If the movie division demanded that Jessica Jones deal with the Accords in her show it would have taken away from that show's thematic story-line which is, to me, what makes JJ the best piece in the MCU. Now there are some events - like the destruction of SHIELD - that can't be ignored, but in cases like the Accords I think a lot of people recognize that it could work either way. So the decision of how or if to use it should rest with the showrunners. If they think there is a good story there than excellent. If not, well what is forcing it on them going to do?

gildedmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:53 PM   #93
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dont get why...I think it'd be fun to see Daredevil, JJ, Luke Cage or Punisher even in just a cameo or passing reference considering they have their abilities and they do what they do as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Bauer View Post
He may be small potatoes to them but we already know that Stark has his eye on at least Daredevil if not all of the Defenders and hopefully recruits them for a quick cameo in IW
Yea as a comic book nerd I'd like to think SpiderMan wasnt the only street level hero Stark was keeping tabs on.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:25 AM   #94
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
For me I like the idea that the Netflix series are a look inside the dark alley's of the MCU and I want them to stand on their own without leaning on the movie side of things too much. So far they're doing a great job with that. Now I would love to see some crossovers but a big sticking point for me is that it has to makes sense and work with the story. Marvel has done an amazing job of knowing when to add more and when to hold off, it's one of the things that makes this cinematic universe works.

Also a pet peeve of mine is when people assume too much of something. The devil's in the details and the Accords, as they have been presented in both Civil War and AoS, does not indicate that they apply to the netflix heroes. I've already explain why I think that in previous posts so I won't get into it. So now if the Accords suddenly apply to them with no additional reasoning given, it would feel out of place for me and hurt the story. As long as it makes sense and right now it wouldn't.

Now I certainly would not mind NYC deciding to ramp up their own laws concerning enhanced individuals in the same spirit as the Accords. In fact it might be interesting if the police created and "Enhanced Crime Division" to deal with individuals deemed too powerful for the average police. That would be a nice running thread throughout the netflix series.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #95
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
For me I like the idea that the Netflix series are a look inside the dark alley's of the MCU and I want them to stand on their own without leaning on the movie side of things too much. So far they're doing a great job with that. Now I would love to see some crossovers but a big sticking point for me is that it has to makes sense and work with the story. Marvel has done an amazing job of knowing when to add more and when to hold off, it's one of the things that makes this cinematic universe works.

Also a pet peeve of mine is when people assume too much of something. The devil's in the details and the Accords, as they have been presented in both Civil War and AoS, does not indicate that they apply to the netflix heroes. I've already explain why I think that in previous posts so I won't get into it. So now if the Accords suddenly apply to them with no additional reasoning given, it would feel out of place for me and hurt the story. As long as it makes sense and right now it wouldn't.

Now I certainly would not mind NYC deciding to ramp up their own laws concerning enhanced individuals in the same spirit as the Accords. In fact it might be interesting if the police created and "Enhanced Crime Division" to deal with individuals deemed too powerful for the average police. That would be a nice running thread throughout the netflix series.
But what was going on with Wilson Fisk and the mob groups in Daredevil was a result of The Avengers. As a result of the destruction from the Battle of New York, they were able to come in and buy up a lot of real estate and construction companies to enact their plan.

Someone in Jessica Jones tried to kill her because she was blamed for the superheroes causing destruction in Avengers.

- CM Punk
Old 05-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #96
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
But what was going on with Wilson Fisk and the mob groups in Daredevil was a result of The Avengers. As a result of the destruction from the Battle of New York, they were able to come in and buy up a lot of real estate and construction companies to enact their plan.

Someone in Jessica Jones tried to kill her because she was blamed for the superheroes causing destruction in Avengers.
Good point, that is true...Its something that the MCU really cant ignore imo either.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:48 PM   #97
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by righthooksrus86 View Post
Good point, that is true...Its something that the MCU really cant ignore imo either.
I'm not really sure what your points are? I'm not saying that there is zero connections between the films and netflix. I'm saying the Accords hasn't been defined in a way that logically effects the Netflix directly. Daredevil is still a vigilante wanted by the cops, Jessica is still a private eye who bends or breaks the law, Luke is still a fugitive in hiding.

Corruption taking advantage of disaster isn't anything new, the accords, as outlined, does nothing about that. Fear/hatred of super humans out of control has been a part of the MCU since Iron Man 2. And those sentiments should get ramped up because of the events in Civil Wars. Not saying that civil war should have no effect on them. Just that the Accords shouldn't effect them because each one still falls under current US laws.

So if more people hate them, if law enforcement start cracking down harder then that makes sense. By the Accords, as they are written, don't.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:38 AM   #98
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Accords are a framework for registration for all enhanced individuals. Said so plainly on Agents of SHIELD. Even if people are unaware of his powers, he's a vigilante superhero who is operated unchecked in a major city. He's publicly known by the press.

- CM Punk
Old 05-28-2016, 09:03 AM   #99
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

His actions are already illegal in New York City. I don't know what the Accords add to that since we agree people are unaware that he's an enhanced individual.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:09 PM   #100
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Even if he's not publicly known as enhanced, he still falls under the framework of the Accords, as would other non-powered heroes if they want to operate.

- CM Punk