The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 02-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle / The Punisher!

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #2
BatsDC
Side-Kicker

Default Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle / The Punisher!

Quote:
Jon Bernthal (“Wolf of Wall Street,” “The Walking Dead, ” “Fury”) joins the upcoming season of “Marvel’s Daredevil,” streaming only on Netflix in 2016!

Bernthal will portray The Punisher, one of Marvel’s most popular characters. He is a vigilante who aims to clean up New York City’s Hell’s Kitchen by any means necessary, no matter how lethal the results.

“Jon Bernthal brings an unmatched intensity to every role he takes on, with a potent blend of power, motivation and vulnerability that will connect with audiences,” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “Castle’s appearance will bring dramatic changes to the world of Matt Murdock and nothing will be the same.”

Bernthal will also appear in the upcoming action thriller “The Accountant.”

“Marvel's Daredevil” is Executive Produced by Doug Petrie (“American Horror Story,” “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”), Marco Ramirez (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “DaVinci’s Demons”) and Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods," "Lost"), along with Marvel TV's Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones.”)

"Marvel's Daredevil" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios. Season one of “Marvel’s Daredevil” is now streaming on Netflix.

Blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) fights against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the Super Hero “Daredevil” in modern day Hell's Kitchen, New York City. "Marvel's Daredevil" stars Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson and Rosario Dawson.
Source

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #3
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Default Re: Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle / The Punisher!

Awesome new pics, really can't wait for this version of The Punisher, I know I keep saying it but Bernthal is such good casting!

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:21 PM   #4
TX85
Banned User

Default Re: Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle / The Punisher! - Part 1

Fantastic new pics!

TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:37 AM   #5
Visualiza
Jimmy Scrambles

Regarding the recent news, I was under the impression that a Punisher series was already confirmed, but apparently that isn't the case.

Visualiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:40 AM   #6
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
Regarding the recent news, I was under the impression that a Punisher series was already confirmed, but apparently that isn't the case.
Not at all. Nothing was ever confirmed. Just some websites running stories that weren't true and fans running with it like it was 100% confirmed. I'm happy to hear that it's not happening right now as I don't want the second season of DD to be one long backdoor pilot for a Punisher series.

pixen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #7
Visualiza
Jimmy Scrambles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixen View Post
Not at all. Nothing was ever confirmed. Just some websites running stories that weren't true and fans running with it like it was 100% confirmed. I'm happy to hear that it's not happening right now as I don't want the second season of DD to be one long backdoor pilot for a Punisher series.
Yeah, I see that now, and I'm usually better about differentiating between the rumor mill and official news, but this one got away from me. Better to wait and see, anyway; the jury's still out on whether or not Bernthal delivers the goods. I like what I've seen thus far, though.

Visualiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:53 PM   #8
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
Yeah, I see that now, and I'm usually better about differentiating between the rumor mill and official news, but this one got away from me. Better to wait and see, anyway; the jury's still out on whether or not Bernthal delivers the goods. I like what I've seen thus far, though.
I understand why it happened. Come Thursday, I might be doing the same for Elektra...

Old 02-25-2016, 10:47 AM   #9
MurkeNyou
Side-Kick

I am officially worried that they are Punisher 1989-ing us with Frank Castle in this show. I don't think Frank will get an actual costume, and they are just gonna have the Shane-guy run around in civvys. Marvel is again apparently showing misplaced fear in adopting the source material.

MurkeNyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:50 AM   #10
Pokkle
Side-Kick

There's clearly white on his shirt here:

Pokkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:51 AM   #11
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkeNyou View Post
I am officially worried that they are Punisher 1989-ing us with Frank Castle in this show. I don't think Frank will get an actual costume, and they are just gonna have the Shane-guy run around in civvys. Marvel is again apparently showing misplaced fear in adopting the source material.
The only thing missing is the skull. Will it come by the end of the season? Maybe. At least you have an actor who not only loves and understands the character, they actually bring that character to life in the show. Patience is a good quality to have.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:53 AM   #12
LGU
Newbie First Class

You can pretty clearly see the skull underneath the sniper rifle in trailer two IMHO.

Combine that with the top bit in the promo image above... he's definitely getting the skull, along with the Ennis/Dillon-style leather jacket look, during the series.

Cheers.

LGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:07 AM   #13
MurkeNyou
Side-Kick

Guys, it's light reflecting on the plain black shirt, you can see pics of him in the same scene in other shots, no skull. I really hope I am wrong, but I wasn't about other Marvel tv adoptions screwing up the characters looks. Hell, we didn't even see Matt actually wearing a real costume till the last quarter of the final episode of the first season.

I don't get with Disney owning them, why budgets are this much of an issue. If you can't properly dress your characters, it's time to ask the bankrollers for more money to do it right. Otherwise, you get a Fantastic Four instead of a Deadpool.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:14 AM   #14
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Guys, it's light reflecting on the plain black shirt, you can see pics of him in the same scene in other shots, no skull. I really hope I am wrong, but I wasn't about other Marvel tv adoptions screwing up the characters looks. Hell, we didn't even see Matt actually wearing a real costume till the last quarter of the final episode of the first season.

I don't get with Disney owning them, why budgets are this much of an issue. If you can't properly dress your characters, it's time to ask the bankrollers for more money to do it right. Otherwise, you get a Fantastic Four instead of a Deadpool.
I don't think castle not wearing a skull tshirt is anything to do with budgeting issues. And you are making assumptions that he wont wear a skull at all. 100% he will. There is a giant skull on the dd poster. They are not going to reveal the skull in the trailer just as they didn't show dd's costume because it will spoil the suprise and lose all anticipation.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:16 AM   #15
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
I don't think castle not wearing a skull tshirt is anything to do with budgeting issues. And you are making assumptions that he wont wear a skull at all. 100% he will. There is a giant skull on the dd poster. They are not going to reveal the skull in the trailer just as they didn't show dd's costume because it will spoil the suprise and lose all anticipation.
Just like they don't reveal Elektra's final outfit. It's more rewarding waiting to see it and watch why it happened instead of getting a clear glimpse in a 2 second shot from a trailer.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:50 AM   #16
MurkeNyou
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
We know the Frank Castle is in this. Why wouldn't they promote the show with him as he is popularly known (with a big white deaths head on his chest)? There isn't a surprise here, it just comes off as cheap and lame. I don't believe there is 100% certainty we will see him in his proper costume at this point. Because, why wouldn't they be using it to promote the show? A skull floating in a poster is not the same as a character wearing it like they should. I've lived long enough to see Marvel screw up enough not to have too much faith in them adopting characters properly.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:55 AM   #17
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
We know the Frank Castle is in this. Why wouldn't they promote the show with him as he is popularly known (with a big white deaths head on his chest)? There isn't a surprise here, it just comes off as cheap and lame. I don't believe there is 100% certainty we will see him in his proper costume at this point. Because, why wouldn't they be using it to promote the show? A skull floating in a poster is not the same as a character wearing it like they should. I've lived long enough to see Marvel screw up enough not to have too much faith in them adopting characters properly.
Adapting... But maybe you should wait till the show is out till you start making assumptions. There might be a reason as to why they aren't using the skull shirt for promotional material right now. Just like the first season, when they didn't show Daredevil's red outfit till after the show premiered.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:08 PM   #18
Da-Scribe
Side-Kick

The number of times they've hinted at the skull in the marketing and someone is actually worried it won't appear. Goodness lol.

Haters are going to hate regardless...it's what they do...they are haters....Haters gonna hate. "F" them...you don't need to appease them...let them live their hater lives until they die early of hate related diseases
- RoachCorp mission statement
Da-Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:56 PM   #19
SoNicRaDiATioN
Banned User

Yeah, but consider that trolls apparent lack of IQ. Joke.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:04 PM   #20
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Scribe View Post
The number of times they've hinted at the skull in the marketing and someone is actually worried it won't appear. Goodness lol.
It's a valid concern.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:23 PM   #21
BrollySupersj
just saiyan

If Daredevil can get an outfit that largely resembles the comic, I'm sure they can give Castle a a mere trenchcoat and white skull.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #22
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

And white boots and gloves .

Loving Jon Bernthal's Punisher so far. He freaking nailed it!

- CM Punk
Old 02-25-2016, 04:36 PM   #23
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
And white boots and gloves .

Loving Jon Bernthal's Punisher so far. He freaking nailed it!
Looking forward to your review you said you'd post tonight, I really want to read your thoughts on Frank and his portrayal on the show.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:39 PM   #24
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Bernthal's Punisher is unapologetic, which I really liked. He's more than just a gun-toting vigilante. He's something more...different.

He's not a man anymore either. There are parts of humanity, but they are the remnants of a person who is long gone.

- CM Punk
Old 02-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #25
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless

what comic version would you say he is more like? I imagine he's not at his MAX level of detachment.