The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 03-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #1
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Daredevil: FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

Here we go, folks. No spoiler tags required. Discuss Daredevil's second season here.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:09 AM   #2
Reek
_________

Default Re: Daredevil: FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

just started episode 2... punisher and DD on the rooftop was great...

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:58 AM   #3
Best
Side-Kicker

Default Re: Daredevil: FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

Bernthal is dropping quite a few f bombs. So natural too, I love it.

Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
Darkraid
Side-Kick

Jessica Jones was mentioned.

Darkraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #5
starscream
Side-Kick

Well Kingpin suprised me.

xbl tag: inputdarkmaster

holland here !!!!

starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #6
Iron_Stark
Tony Stark of Winterfell

For anyone that has watched the entire season 2

Does Punisher use the skull suit (I don't know what to call it) for more than one episode or is it just the last 20 minutes like Daredevil's suit in season 1. (Don't have to answer when he gets it)

Old 03-18-2016, 12:51 PM   #7
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
For anyone that has watched the entire season 2

Does Punisher use the skull suit (I don't know what to call it) for more than one episode or is it just the last 20 minutes like Daredevil's suit in season 1. (Don't have to answer when he gets it)
If you really want to know Iron Stark:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It's exactly like the last 20 minutes of season 1 with the Daredevil suit, except even less time with the skull. Oh well. There's always Punisher The TV series

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #8
Iron_Stark
Tony Stark of Winterfell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

It's exactly like the last 20 minutes of season 1 with the Daredevil suit, except even less time with the skull. Oh well. There's always Punisher The TV series

Thanks!

Oh well, I keep hearing from everyone Jon Bernthal is a complete badass though.

My work day needs to end!!! Need to get home to watch this!!

Old 03-18-2016, 01:31 PM   #9
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless

Quote:

I'm just glad they got the character down, I really do hope he gets his own series.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:41 PM   #10
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

How would you guys rate season 2?

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=511069

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #11
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I maintain they should've kept Ben Urich around. That's just my opinion though.

- CM Punk
Old 03-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #12
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I'm on episode 6, and so far this season is firing on all cylinders. Seriously, this is a big step up from Season one.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:58 PM   #13
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I honestly do not get the more negative reviews for this season. This has everything S1 did well (minus Ben ), plus additional awesomeness. What's not to love?

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:08 PM   #14
Best
Side-Kicker

Yeah I'm baffled by the negatives. Some of those are pointing out themselves that it's basically Season 1 and more (or just that) yet are finding more to criticise this time. I mean if it's a "too consistent for its own good" (with the first season) issue then OK, but even then I feel that and beyond are unnecessary nitpicks.

Only points I can agree with atm are the Foggy ones. He's just not... tolerable anymore.

Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:29 PM   #15
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Do we need to spoiler tag in safety regarding season 2 conversations here? Just want to check.

As for critics, maybe they miss having a strong central villain like Wilson Fisk. Also this season, things get a little weirder by introducing The Hand.

- CM Punk
Old 03-18-2016, 06:30 PM   #16
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I honestly do not get the more negative reviews for this season. This has everything S1 did well (minus Ben ), plus additional awesomeness. What's not to love?
I wasn't even much of a fan of season one. Fisk was just a temperamental man child. The pace wasn't that great. And the only interesting character was Matt. But this season we have Castle, Matt, Elektra, the Yakuza. We've got the Castle family story. We've got the Matt Elektra stuff. We've the Matt Karen stuff. And the pace is much better. Seriously how any one could see this obvious improvement as a step down is beyond me.

The only downside to this season is that Foggy is still mollycoddling Matt.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:32 PM   #17
Eddie
Side-Kick

IThe weirdest complaint from one of the reviews was that one that claimed the Punisher felt toned down. What the heck series were they watching, Punisher's Superhero Squad appearance? There was an eye gouging and headshots galore. Warzone went a bit more extreme, yeah, but that ridiculous movie may as well have been a live action Itchy and Scratchy cartoon.

LOVED the MCU connective tissue. There was quite a bit of it if you kept your eyes peeled, and it was mostly nice and subtle. Roxxon is now the big link between film, network, and Netflix content. They've now been a major factor in Iron Man 3, AoS, Agent Carter, and Daredevil. The biker gang was from AoS originally, and I caught another AoS Easter Egg in Ben's office (Cybertek headline). There was a fair bit of other stuff, too.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:34 PM   #18
s_mikheidze
Side-Kick

finished it about an hour ago...Frigging loved it. Great work by the folks at Marvel and Netflix.

Probably going to watch it again starting tomorrow.

s_mikheidze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:34 PM   #19
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

There's nothing toned down about Jon Bernthal.

- CM Punk
Old 03-18-2016, 07:37 PM   #20
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Do we need to spoiler tag in safety regarding season 2 conversations here? Just want to check.
Nope, this is the spoilery free-for-all thread. No tags necessary. Spoil away!

Old 03-18-2016, 07:49 PM   #21
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

My guess is that this season has a bit more weirdness with the villainy compared to the first season which had Fisk as the central villain.

Fisk is here this season but he has more of a background role. The villain is more of an abstract organization rather than a singular big bad like Fisk.

It's mostly Daredevil vs. Punisher in the first four episodes before it shifts to the Hand vs. The Chaste in the back half. And then you still have all the trial of The Punisher and the Blacksmith.

That all doesn't come in until the back half, and there is a bit of a juggling act in the back half. However, reviews were mostly based on the first 7 episodes, mine included.

I think it's just different. Tonally, it's the same but we have Daredevil dealing with different problems.

- CM Punk
Old 03-18-2016, 08:08 PM   #22
Eddie
Side-Kick

This season isn't really about a traditional main villain. The central conflict is Matt's views on killing. It's about his internal conflict. Each of the "villains" explores this. The Punisher has completely given into the killing. He started doing it and now he can't stop. Matt gets low, really low, and he wants to use Punisher's methods "just this once." Frank has to tell him that, like Frank himself, it wouldn't end after one time. Elektra revels in killing. She loves it. She's an extreme viewpoint. Matt can't be her, but he still wants to save her. She's the yin to his yang, but he still wants to redeem her. Nobu is the villain to push him over the edge, the villain he can justify throwing off a building. It ultimately fails to finish Nobu, though, saving Matt from crossing the line even in his darkest moment. Lastly there's Stick, the father figure who tried to make Matt his warrior. He disagrees with Matt's view on killing throughout both seasons. He says Matt needs to become a killer to win the war against the Hand. Ultimately he steps in and finishes off Nobu himself, saving his "son" from breaking his code against killing despite his attempts to mold Matt into his ideal champion.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #23
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I agree. Matt's conflict, and also he's being drawn in multiple different directions. He's having a struggle with being both Matt Murdock and Daredevil and reconciling his double-life.

- CM Punk
Old 03-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #24
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Just finished the last episode. Man this season was even better than season 1.
Just some quick thoughts; I was really surprised to find out that Elektra was the Black Sky, and also considering she was killed, she's most likely not to get killed by Bullseye when he shows up.
They also set up a Born Again storyline very neatly for season 3 or 4 (or even later), depening on how long they wanna keep Fisk in jail.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:38 PM   #25
Eddie
Side-Kick

Yeah, I don't think Bullseye will kill Elektra (even with the obvious setup that she's coming back one way or another). There's been a big death that twists the comic canon in each season (Ben first, Elektra's death being at the hand of Nobu instead of Bullseye this time). I could see Bullseye killing off a different main character, though, keeping that death trend going. Karen and Foggy seem like candidates to get killed off in a future season, and I wouldn't rule out Claire.