The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 03-19-2016, 12:22 AM   #51
Matt Mortem
You'll Float Too

Default Re: Daredevil: FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

I get that the Punisher gets whooped up on a lot, but there are times I wish they toned down the bloody bruises on his face.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:23 AM   #52
O'Haire
Awesome

Default Re: Daredevil: FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

Just finished. Haven't been this satisfied by a season of TV in a long time.

O'Haire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:31 AM   #53
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I get that the Punisher gets whooped up on a lot, but there are times I wish they toned down the bloody bruises on his face.
It's kind of refreshing seeing the realistic effects of continual abuse being shown. Too often television shows likes to pretend that humans don't bruise or scar. It is hard to look at tho. No doubt.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 03-19-2016 at 12:43 AM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:19 AM   #54
Chip Chipperson
Bane?

well that was awesome. We better not have seen the last of Frank!!!!!! and MICRO!!!!!

Chip Chipperson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 03:11 AM   #55
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I loved this season. It'll be quite a while before i can rewatch it, but i really enjoyed it. It left plenty of doors open for what can be next. Im ready to see how it all ties into defenders now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
It's kind of refreshing seeing the realistic effects of continual abuse being shown. Too often television shows likes to pretend that humans don't bruise or scar. It is hard to look at tho. No doubt.
I love how his face was constantly battered. I don't think I've read a punisher comic where he isnt bruised or battered.

I definitely feel like a punisher mini series would be great too. Or even a netflix original film. But that would have to come way down the line.

Last edited by Gamma Goliath; 03-19-2016 at 03:16 AM.
Gamma Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:43 AM   #56
yllum
Side-Kick

I personally think that s2 has much more awesome moments as compared to s1.

love that stairsway fight, love that scene where matt visit kingpin in jail, the fight sequences were way more awesome than s1. Love those scene where matt and elektra went around doing detective works. The interaction between frank and fisk is great as well

My fave scene is the one where Matt visited fisk in prison.The acting and the intensity just blown me away.

However the s1 has more fluency, storyline wise. s2 is kinda messy with different story line all running at the same time..maybe its the editing? maybe they try to juggle too much in s2.

Anyone feels the same way

Last edited by yllum; 03-19-2016 at 05:26 AM.
yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:39 AM   #57
FataLethal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
However the s1 has more fluency, storyline wise. s2 is kinda messy with different story line all running at the same time..maybe its the editing? maybe they try to juggle too much in s2.

Anyone feels the same way
I do. To me it really felt two storylines that didn't weave each other.

FataLethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:50 AM   #58
marieylee
Side-Kick

I may need a few days to think it over if I preferred S2 or S1 more.

I love ninjas in general, so loved The Hand storyline. Jon Bernthal surprised the hell out of me, I didn't think he had it in him. He was one of the best things. I did not like Foggy in S1, but really did this season. I also enjoyed Karen's story line a lot more.

The Blacksmith reveal came out of nowhere, it seemed. Then again, I did binge watch it/tired, so I may have missed some stuff, but I didn't really feel there was any build up except one of the soldiers yelling to Castle "been a long time". The way it was hyped (no one knew who he was, invisible, competition for Gao, etc), I expected someone different. Instead it was the Colonel (?).

marieylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:26 AM   #59
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

So, about Karen, apparently she killed her brother in a car crash. But it seems as it doesn't stop there, so perhaps she was either drunk or using drugs while doing it. Seems like they are taking a different approach to her than what we got in the comics, and it will be interesting to find out what happens.
I also thought that now with Foggy knowing about Matt we would not get all those moments from the comics where he keeps dissing Foggy/the law firm to go be DD, of course it still happens but at least Foggy knows why Matt is acting like he does.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:44 AM   #60
the gael
Side-Kick

So, if I have well understood, "Black Sky" are indead, like some people here thought,
people possessed by the Beast
. That's good, even if I'm not a big fan of
Elektra being one of these "Black Skies"
. I liked when the
Hand guy
told Matt that he wasn't
the only demon in the place, a clear reference to the Beast

I like that Matt learned, at last, that the way Stick teached him, to cut every bonds and be alone was a mistake, finally
revealing to Karen that he is Daredevil

On the other hand, I think that Matt did a lethal mistake by
confronting Wilson Fisk in jail
. The way
the Kingpin
looked at his mouth punched by Matt by reflex. Does he now know who is behind the mask ? The fact that he asked his minions to investigate on him is suspicious.

If that's the case, and considering the current state of Nelson and Murdock, I wouldn't be surprised if in the next two seasons
we get an adaptation of the Born again storyline

the gael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:01 AM   #61
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

I'm pissed we won't get Karen's immediate reaction to Matt's reveal. Season 3 will probably be 6+ months continuity wise after that crucial moment.

I love super hero reveals and im shipping Katt hard they fit. Hope it works out

Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:26 AM   #62
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zelinsky View Post
I'm pissed we won't get Karen's immediate reaction to Matt's reveal. Season 3 will probably be 6+ months continuity wise after that crucial moment.

I love super hero reveals and im shipping Katt hard they fit. Hope it works out
Couldn't agree more, that scene where they were in the rain was beautiful and I was in tears, when Elektra died I didn't even care, I wish in the end Karen and Matt would've gotten back together.

SuperSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #63
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I honestly do not get the more negative reviews for this season. This has everything S1 did well (minus Ben ), plus additional awesomeness. What's not to love?
amazing season, no doubt, just the ending was a bit of a disappointment.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #64
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
For me, the last 1/4 of the season kind of dropped the ball, especially with Elektra (count me in as NOT a fan of the big reveal with her, nor killing her off already). Not to mention it kind of seems to contradict some stuff that was stated in S1.

It's still good, but not as good as S1 imo.
Agreed, the build up was amazing and exciting but then the ending left me like "oh, so that's it? okay whatever"

Old 03-19-2016, 09:01 AM   #65
E.NormusJohnson
Banned User

Way too many plotlines to tie up in the final episode imo... was really bummed that we didn't get a Bullseye tease at the end... felt like that was a missed opportunity. Overall slightly better than s1 for me because Bernthal/Punisher hit it out of the park.

E.NormusJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:22 AM   #66
BlueLanternKal
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I love this show.

If reviews are saying this season isn't as good then those reviews are wrong.

Everything from the writing to the acting, to the directing, and fight choreography. Greatness.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:38 AM   #67
yllum
Side-Kick

I'm happy to know matt fights better as season progress.

He doesn't get hurt so much like before..not sure if its the suit? or he does really fight better.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:04 AM   #68
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
I'm happy to know matt fights better as season progress.

He doesn't get hurt so much like before..not sure if its the suit? or he does really fight better.
His abilities definitely improved. His hearing in particular is further refined through effort. Getting a better weapon in the finale also helps.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:14 AM   #69
fallingend44
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Yeah I don't consider Elektra "fridged" because she's obviously coming back. I mean, they've already established that people can do that on this show, and that's totally what she's known for in the comics. It's happening.
Yup she is. it was pretty obvious with how season 2 ended.

fallingend44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:19 AM   #70
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Overall, I think this season was better than the first due to Punisher and Elektra, and all the pure-DD scenes we got. S1 probably had the better season finale, though.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #71
the last son
Side-Kick

Season was a let down for sure. Where to begin?

I think Jon was too small build wise for Punisher. Didn't seem as intimidating as I expected and I thought he would've been perfect for the role. Not one scene of him torturing a criminal? Felt they were making him too sympathetic. Maybe it was the haircut, but something was off with this casting. Way too toned down.

The editing. We were hopping back between about 3 or 4 different stories between flash backs and this and that it took you out of it and made me pay less attention.

The lack of a villain was also a problem. When Kingpin shows up if felt like a shot of life into the show.

The Karen, Matt and Foggy relationship triangle. Why even bother with showing Foggy cares about Karen. One minute he's upset and uncomfortable they're dating because they imply he likes her and then the next minute he doesn't care he just sees her as a friend. That crap was all over the place early in the season.

The snipers on the rooftop battle was awfully bad. Why even have the snipers if you're going to have trained professionals miss 100s of shots?

The fight scenes in general were worse and went on too long.

The way that electra and Matt escaped that hotel by faking drunk and having sex was terrible. No organization would just let them walk away.

Kept building up how the hand would turn this city upside down and all that happened was one innocent guy shot and Matt fighting 10 ninjas on the roof watching as him and electra beat up Nobu.

Not bad, but lacked the crisp writing of season 1. Felt lazier. Did like Electra though.

Grade: 7.5/10

The

Old 03-19-2016, 10:32 AM   #72
Eddie
Side-Kick

The Punisher did torture criminals, though. He clearly hung the cartel on meat hooks while they were still alive, and he didn't instantly kill the prison guy so that he could put the hurt on him and get information out of him.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #73
the last son
Side-Kick

we didn't get to see it is what I meant

Old 03-19-2016, 10:39 AM   #74
the last son
Side-Kick

Also, shouldn't Karen have been able to tell Matt was Daredevil?

Old 03-19-2016, 10:45 AM   #75
yllum
Side-Kick

I thought matt was great at taking beating in season 1.

seem like frank has an even higher threshold for pain. He was still damn tough despite having his foot drilled. Stick as well, took tortunes really well too

kinda disappointed that I didn't get to see Frank fight nobu. That would be awesome!

Last edited by yllum; 03-19-2016 at 10:55 AM.