The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 03-19-2016, 10:59 AM   #76
ManWithoutFear

Default Re: Daredevil: FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

For me, when Elektra showed up, and when Karen replaced Matt as the person Frank interacts with, the season took a bit of a downturn. Really, the season gave Karen WAY too much to do. It started getting a little ridiculous how often she was involved in the action.

The first 4 episodes were great, and the trial of Frank Castle was tense. Loved the season 2 "hallway scene" in episode 3. The fighting was awesome, as usual, but season 1 did a better job of offering variety. This season say Matt fight members of The Hand several times, also Nobu, and the final fight ended up being Matt vs The Hand + Nobu. Felt like an issue 5 of a Stan Lee comic where he combines villains for one showdown.

Every scene where Matt, Frank, and Kingpin were on the screen was fantastic. I just wish the season wouldn't have felt the need to give Karen so much to do. I would've preferred her finding out Matt's identity quicker, leaving the scene, and setting up for Born Again.

My score, 8/10
First season, 10/10

Also, 10 seconds of the Punisher skull was disappointing...

Last edited by ManWithoutFear; 03-19-2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: One more thing...
ManWithoutFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:29 AM   #77
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Default Re: Daredevil: FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithoutFear View Post
For me, when Elektra showed up, and when Karen replaced Matt as the person Frank interacts with, the season took a bit of a downturn. Really, the season gave Karen WAY too much to do. It started getting a little ridiculous how often she was involved in the action.

The first 4 episodes were great, and the trial of Frank Castle was tense. Loved the season 2 "hallway scene" in episode 3. The fighting was awesome, as usual, but season 1 did a better job of offering variety. This season say Matt fight members of The Hand several times, also Nobu, and the final fight ended up being Matt vs The Hand + Nobu. Felt like an issue 5 of a Stan Lee comic where he combines villains for one showdown.

Every scene where Matt, Frank, and Kingpin were on the screen was fantastic. I just wish the season wouldn't have felt the need to give Karen so much to do. I would've preferred her finding out Matt's identity quicker, leaving the scene, and setting up for Born Again.

My score, 8/10
First season, 10/10

Also, 10 seconds of the Punisher skull was disappointing...
Eh, be careful what you wish for. If Season 3 is all about Bullseye, don't expect Karen to have much more to do aside from lie six feet under.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #78
Mai
Side-Kick

Just finnished the season. It was fantastic. Feeling frustrated with the ending though, I need more!

Mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #79
Orba
Side-Kick

I can't see season 3 being all about Bullseye, if I had to guess at this point I would think that it will focus on the return of the Kingpin after being released from prison, with Bullseye being his main weapon.

Orba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:45 PM   #80
pixen
Side-Kick

I just finished the season. That last episode... I experienced a lot of emotions during that 52 minute runtime.

pixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:52 PM   #81
pixen
Side-Kick

I have to say though. This season was amazing. The first 3-4 episodes were good but it got tiring watching the Punisher just kill. It got interesting when Elektra showed up and Karen started interacting with Frank. We got to see the other side of the two characters duking it out in the first 4 episodes. Daredevil showed his fun side and Frank started to show some humanity and emotion.

As for the last few episodes. it was good. I wish we learned more about the Chaste and who Stick was talking to in the first season. Elektra being the "Black Sky" was interesting. I wish we got just a little more about it but it didn't bother me.

The only thing that bothered me about the whole season was the Blacksmith reveal. It seemed like they couldnt find a way to tie that story up or they cut some story bits that would have helped a little more... but I could have missed something.

Last edited by pixen; 03-19-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:14 PM   #82
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Just finished the season and it was awesome, certainly continued the greatness that these Netflix shows have provided. Loved the in universe tie-in with certain cameos and I love how they keep background characters reappearing (ie Turk).

Matt's progression was great, it was nice to see him accepting the role as the Devil of Hell's Kitchen and great to see more of him doing his thing, also neat addition to the costume!

I really enjoyed Foggy as much as I did in Season 1 and was really surprised by how much I enjoyed Karen's role expand. Considering she had a few jobs in the comics I didn't mind seeing her take on an investigative journalist role. It made sense for the character considering her connection to Ben. It is a shame that Ellison isn't Ben Urich.
On top of those two it was nice to see Claire and Stick back.

The Punisher is probably one of my favourite characters from the comics and I loved seeing his introduction here. It was natural and organic and great to see him evolve over the course of the season. Certainly more three-dimensional than previous portrayals of the characters. I really enjoyed the depth they gave him. One of my favourite scenes included him, very reminiscent of the hallway fight from Season 1.

Elektra was also awesome, much better than I anticipated, great to see her struggle with who she is. The relationship between her and Matt was certainly one of the highlights of this season for me.

Can't wait to see all the characters again. Hopefully next year! And maybe we'll get Foggy popping up on another Netflix show!

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:21 PM   #83
MurkeNyou
Side-Kick

The Blacksmith reveal was so cliche it could've ruined the whole Punisher story. I can't believe you cast Clancy Brown, then throw him C-list stuff. C'mon Marvel Netflix, people were dogging DC for the exact same crap when they cast him on the Flash tv show.

MurkeNyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:09 PM   #84
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

The end of the Punisher storyline was a tad anti-climactic for me. I won't deny it.

But what do we do about Nelson and Murdock now? What's going to happen to Matt and his legal career now that he has no partner?

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 03-19-2016 at 04:29 PM.
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:31 PM   #85
BlueLanternKal
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I really dug Elodie Yung as Elektra though. A lot. All the bad **** happening to Matt seemed worth it. For a sociopath, that's saying something.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #86
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
The end of the Punisher storyline was a tad anti-climactic for me. I won't deny it.

But what do we do about Nelson and Murdock now? What's going to happen to Matt and his legal career now that he has no partner?
Maybe he goes into a mourning period and spends most of his time being Daredevil mourning Elektra till she shows up in The Defenders or S3. Sort of like how he is in the comic Elektra Lives Again.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:48 PM   #87
JC00
Sexy Stoner Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Also this takes the sting off of Bullseye's eventual appearance because either he won't be killing her, or they'll just be killing her AGAIN, which doesn't have nearly the same effect.
Bullseye will kill Karen.

JC00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:53 PM   #88
Nathan

Question about the Hand in the comics. Are they also able to mask their presence, like they were in this show? I thought it was bs how Matt pretty much couldn't sense them, especially in a fight. This is the guy who senses shifts in air density. And he can't sense when someone throws a punch at him.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:04 PM   #89
Kane52630
City Surf User

This season was a

Old 03-19-2016, 05:05 PM   #90
Man in the Suit
Greeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I honestly do not get the more negative reviews for this season. This has everything S1 did well (minus Ben ), plus additional awesomeness. What's not to love?
Yeah, I don't get it. S2 took everything I loved about S1 to the next level. Awesomeness.

Man in the Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:19 PM   #91
BlueLanternKal
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Daredevil made me really hyped for Luke Cage.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:32 PM   #92
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixen View Post
Maybe he goes into a mourning period and spends most of his time being Daredevil mourning Elektra till she shows up in The Defenders or S3. Sort of like how he is in the comic Elektra Lives Again.
But pixen, how's he going to pay his rent for his apartment and his law office? I mean, the dude's got to eat. He gets no money dressing up as Daredevil.

Maybe he becomes a personal trainer and helps Conor McGregor play touch butt in the park. Because he's blind his PT skills come off as sage-like.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 03-19-2016 at 06:27 PM.
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:36 PM   #93
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
But pixen, how's he going to pay his rent for his apartment and his law office? I mean, the dude's got to eat. He gets no money dressing up as Daredevil.

Maybe he becomes a personal trainer and helps Conor McGregor play touch butt in the park. Because his blind his PT skills come off as sage-like.

Well he does have some money from his dad... though no idea how much that would be and it's probably run out by now. He also could just be a lawyer and try and work at another practice... Or maybe the lack of a job will be part of the struggle in season 3.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:50 PM   #94
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Overall excellent season but I didn't think they stuck the landing otherwise it would of been 10/10. Towards the end it got predictable with Punisher, Elektra, and you could say Matt storylines. Wish there was more of a curveball there but it was executed decently. I think they missed an opportunity not having all three in the final battle it could of been amazing.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #95
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixen View Post
I have to say though. This season was amazing. The first 3-4 episodes were good but it got tiring watching the Punisher just kill. It got interesting when Elektra showed up and Karen started interacting with Frank. We got to see the other side of the two characters duking it out in the first 4 episodes. Daredevil showed his fun side and Frank started to show some humanity and emotion.

As for the last few episodes. it was good. I wish we learned more about the Chaste and who Stick was talking to in the first season. Elektra being the "Black Sky" was interesting. I wish we got just a little more about it but it didn't bother me.

The only thing that bothered me about the whole season was the Blacksmith reveal. It seemed like they couldnt find a way to tie that story up or they cut some story bits that would have helped a little more... but I could have missed something.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
We do know that Elektra is going to come back and in the comics she winds up with her soul purified. Odds are that she's going to get a spin-off series like Luke Cage is getting and we'll see the real horror of what a Black Sky is capable of in her own series, particularly when he's the President of the United States.

I mean does anyone really believe that she's going to stay dead? Her resurrection is about as much of a given as the Kree having a backup clone of Ronan the Accuser, Ultron uploaded somewhere on the internet and the Red Skull being frozen in space and ready to crash back to Earth at a moment's notice... assuming that he hasn't already. I mean if Phil Coulson could come back despite being a no-name then these major characters will probably return. The only major death that I'm sure is sticking is Quicksilver and that's only because Fox are also using him.

Last edited by Dasher10; 03-19-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #96
Broseph44
Witness Me

What a ****ing amazing season. Season 1 was amazing and I loved it so much, but this took it up to a new level. The best comic book show IMO right now hands down. And definitely my favorite. Netflix is knocking it out of the park with these. So much building upon characters we already had and the new characters brought in this season were nailed perfectly. Give me a season 3, give me more. Too damn good I tell you.

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #97
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

And did anyone notice that Melvin Potter is wearing the Gladiator armor under his shirt?

Old 03-19-2016, 06:09 PM   #98
Johnny-Oh
"You got heart, kid"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithoutFear View Post
Yeah proactive and useful female characters, there are already too many of those in comic book movies/series...

MCU: 1. CA: TWS 2. The Avengers 3. GOTG 4. Iron Man 5. Civil War
DC: 1. TDK 2. TDKR 3. Wonder Woman 4. Batman Begins
X-Men: 1. X2 2. DOFP 3. Logan 4. First Class 5. Deadpool
Johnny-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:12 PM   #99
Broseph44
Witness Me

Agreed man ^ Yeah the complaining about Karen is pretty dumb.

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:23 PM   #100
Pokkle
Side-Kick

Great season.
The Punisher was perfect, Bernthal was awesome.
The return of Fisk was also awesome, the s3 will be great.

There was great fight like against the Dogs of Hell, Castle in jail,etc
And ninjas.

Karen plot was good too, I like her relationship with Frank.

Pokkle is offline   Reply With Quote