The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 03-18-2016, 04:00 PM   #26
TX85
Banned User

Default Re: Season 2, Episode 2 "Dogs to a Gunfight" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Foggy owning the DA was great and loved that pawn store scene with Punisher

Last edited by TX85; 03-18-2016 at 04:07 PM.
TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #27
TX85
Banned User

Nice fight

TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:12 PM   #28
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

How about how Daredevil boomerangs his billy clubs now? Isn't that awesome?

IMHO this season has had some of the best action and choreography I've seen in a comic book superhero show ever.

This is what I want. I want creativity because these are not normal humans. They should be able to do things normal humans can't, especially Daredevil. His style is more acrobatic and way more interesting this season.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:18 PM   #29
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
Thank God you explained that. I was worried it'd be taken as a jovial comment in passing. Mercifully, someone was astute enough to put the pieces together for everyone left in the dark.

No worries I'm glad I could help

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:03 PM   #30
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
This pawn shop guy said the wroooooong thing
Talk about saying the wrong thing to the wrong guy.

As soon as Frank
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
stepped into that pawn shop I knew that guy was a dead man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkle View Post
The D.A is from Jessica Jones.
Was she a horrible cow in that show as well?

Old 03-18-2016, 06:22 PM   #31
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I forget, what episode of Jessica Jones was DA Reyes in?

EDIT:

OK, she was in AKA Smiles. She was in last episode. Must've been a brief appearance.

- CM Punk
Old 03-18-2016, 08:56 PM   #32
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Should have stopped while he was ahead!

Old 03-18-2016, 08:56 PM   #33
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

In the trailer, I was concerned about Foggy being a wet blanket. I have to say, in context, it's much better. He was relatively supportive last week. This week, he's concerned, but Matt got shot in the head. It's cool to see his senses gone. It's an often repeated trope in the comics and it's handled well here (towards the end when things fade again, it's really tense).

Speaking of context, in the trailer, I suspected the Karen conversation about Daredevil meant she knew Matt's secret. It's clear that's not the case (and her suspicions that he's an alcoholic are heartbreaking). On the one hand, you want him to tell her. On the other, I'm not sure he can. She's gone from supporting Daredevil to suspecting him of inspiring the Punisher. To her, he's not much better. It puts the whole thing on a tenuous position, so I can see him keeping his secret for a little while longer.

The Punisher continues to be very tense. My only concern is whether every episode is going to end the same with Daredevil missing at the hands of the Punisher.

Four Stars.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Last edited by Mike Murdock; 03-18-2016 at 09:53 PM.
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:23 PM   #34
Solaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm watching on my PS4 while in a party chat with a few friends who are also watching and we all laughed at that part. The moment he started talking about underage girls we knew there would be some Punishing.

Solaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:00 AM   #35
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
In episode 1 of this season Foggy said he told her that Matt has a drinking problem.
Yeah, but it seemed to me like she was suspecting something more serious since he's always beaten up and stuff - like alcoholism was just the tip of the iceberg or something.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:24 AM   #36
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Man, just with these two episodes, I'm already feeling that this season's better than the last.

I don't even remember seeing Michelle Hurd as Reyes in Jessica Jones, but she looks great.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:47 AM   #37
Pokkle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Talk about saying the wrong thing to the wrong guy.

As soon as Frank
stepped into that pawn shop I knew that guy was a dead man.

Was she a horrible cow in that show as well?
Last episode,
she wanted to put Jessica in jail and cover up everything with the police but got owned by Jeryn.

Pokkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:43 AM   #38
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Yeah, but it seemed to me like she was suspecting something more serious since he's always beaten up and stuff - like alcoholism was just the tip of the iceberg or something.
Well, alcoholism is a serious thing - particularly in the legal field. If you're so constantly drunk that you're injuring yourself, I'd have concerns. Although it doesn't address how she has no problem with him drinking with them all the time.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:44 AM   #39
Ene
Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

Solid episode. Can't wait for Matt and Frank speaking in the next episode, the conflict of interest is going to be awesome. Also really love that these smaller characters are making cameos on different shows too. It makes it even clearer that it's the same world in every detail.

Ene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:03 AM   #40
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

Punisher: In Episode 1 I saw some Taxi Driver, in episode 2 I saw some Falling Down. Loving Jons performance and I think itll only get stronger as we get to know Frank more.

DD really got his bell rung by Frank. Hes all messed up.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:39 AM   #41
Golgo-13
Bangers & Mash

About to get into Ep 2. I hope Foggy doesn't turn into a whiny ***** ala Felicity on Arrow last season.

Every morning a Lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle, or it will starve to death.

It doesn't matter whether you're a LION or a GAZELLE when the sun comes up, you better be RUNNING!
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:56 PM   #42
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

The Punisher actually seems scarier in this portrayal than in other portrayals by previous actors. There is a real sense of tension. They mentioned Death Wish, and it does feel a bit like that.

Matt doesn't seem to be doing too well against the Punisher though.

This show is much more riveting for me than Jessica Jones.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:50 AM   #43
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
About to get into Ep 2. I hope Foggy doesn't turn into a whiny ***** ala Felicity on Arrow last season.
Foggy's concerns are legitimate which justify his protesting. Some of the Felicity complaining is just to produce artificial drama I feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
The Punisher actually seems scarier in this portrayal than in other portrayals by previous actors. There is a real sense of tension. They mentioned Death Wish, and it does feel a bit like that.
The Punisher in Daredevil genuinely feels like a guy who would terrify the criminal underworld.

I know some people love Thomas Jane's Punisher but I never thought he had the intimidation factor that the Punisher has. Jon Bernthal has the intimidation element down. He seems like someone people would be afraid of if he came for them.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #44
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Foggy's concerns are legitimate which justify his protesting. Some of the Felicity complaining is just to produce artificial drama I feel.

The Punisher in Daredevil genuinely feels like a guy who would terrify the criminal underworld.

I know some people love Thomas Jane's Punisher but I never thought he had the intimidation factor that the Punisher has. Jon Bernthal has the intimidation element down. He seems like someone people would be afraid of if he came for them.
Thomas Jane's Punisher only really seemed to go after the people who killed his family, but the rest of the time he seemed a fairly reasonable person and not super dangerous and unhinged. When he tortured that guy with the ice lolly, that was really tame compared to what Bernthal's Punisher seems he would do. Bernthal also seems like he would've held his own more easily against the Russian that Jane fought.

Bernthal seems like he would just kill anyone who even remotely did anything wrong, which would basically mean everyone. If there were another Punisher out there, Bernthal's Frank Castle would probably kill him too for murdering so many people.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:58 AM   #45
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

Jon Bernthals Punisher is the best one. Ive seen all of em.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:40 AM   #46
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Second episode... Not sure where this is leading to, and I mean ALL of it, but it's the second episode. This is all setting the table I think. I think after JJ, I can't jump the gun on anything when it comes to Marvel Netflix. You just don't ever know exactly what is going to come into play at what time.

They seem to be laying on the themes of what the outcomes of vigilantism are, even when one isn't using lethal force. Glad to also see that threads from last season, character wise, aren't forgotten. I think it's clear what Karen (poor, poor Karen) is referring to when she talks about the Punisher being "anybody" ect.

Also glad there seems to be a slow burn with Karen and Matt in general. Foggy is being used well in his best capacities as either "smarter and more crafty than you imagined" lawyer or loyal to the end friend of Matt's.

You can't tell me that they didn't look at the original TERMINATOR film when crafting their presentation of Frank Castle for this season. He can't be bargained with... He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and he will not stop ever... Until the guilty are dead! So brought home by that pawn shop scene. I mean, no one should feel sympathy for a scumbag like THAT, but... Yeah, there was a part of me that knew once he started talking dirty movies that we would eventually see Frank turn around. All I could think of was... "You almost lived another day pally..." Pitch perfect presentation of the Punisher.

They again seem to not be scrimping on the action in the first two episodes. So far I cannot see a lowering of standards compared to last year that some have talked about in either the drama or action.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ TBC'S THOR: RAGNAROK REVIEW, STRANGER THINGS 2 REVIEW AND DISNEY/FOX RUMORS.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:12 AM   #47
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Pawn shop scene is awesome, I had to rewind it for the sheer satisfaction of Frank turning around to smack the rotten shopkeeper with a bat.

YOUTUBE
Precious Delicious Pineapple Pizza

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:47 PM   #48
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Watched the first 2 episodes this week. Don't know why it has taken me so long to being this season, but loving it so far. I had high expectations for Bernthal as The Punisher, and he exceeding them so far, awesome stuff.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Alien Covenant-7(16)Ghost In The Shell-7(17)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(18)The Dark Tower-4(19)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:11 PM   #49
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Pawn shop scene is awesome, I had to rewind it for the sheer satisfaction of Frank turning around to smack the rotten shopkeeper with a bat.
After we saw the Swatiska on his neck, I had a feeling someone was going to die.

- CM Punk
Old 08-18-2016, 10:30 PM   #50
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Thomas Jane's Punisher only really seemed to go after the people who killed his family, but the rest of the time he seemed a fairly reasonable person and not super dangerous and unhinged. When he tortured that guy with the ice lolly, that was really tame compared to what Bernthal's Punisher seems he would do. Bernthal also seems like he would've held his own more easily against the Russian that Jane fought.

Bernthal seems like he would just kill anyone who even remotely did anything wrong, which would basically mean everyone. If there were another Punisher out there, Bernthal's Frank Castle would probably kill him too for murdering so many people.
I loved Tom Jane's Punisher. But Bernthal's is the real deal, he had such a terrifying presence throughout. For me Bernthal was the best with Jane's coming in a close second.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote