The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

View Poll Results: Which pairing do you prefer?
Elektra and Matt 46 67.65%
Karen and Matt 22 32.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #51
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Elektra/Matt or Karen/Matt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
Matt and Karen. Matt and Elektra is an ultimately self-destructive relationship. She's the woman for Daredevil to be with, but he would ultimately lose his Matt Murdock half and the moral center with it (he would abandon his father's wishes entirely about him being a lawyer rather than a fighter).
This. Also why I prefer Claire/Matt.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:30 PM   #52
Faith_Cassidy
Side-Kick

Remember midway through the season when Elektra told Matt she regretted trying to change him. She'd come to realize that the light he has inside him is a *good* thing. To present-day Elektra, this was even an admirable trait, so much so that she wanted to try to be "good" herself. Now of course there would always be that constant struggle for her between "good" and "bad" which in turn which cause more clashing between her and Matt. But ultimately and ironically, she is the one person in his life who accepts both sides of him.

I like Matt/Claire and if I had to choose between them and Matt/Karen, I'd definitely choose the former. But to me, Matt and Elektra are just on another level. The others can't compete.

Faith_Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #53
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

She may have realized that it's not a good idea to change Matt, but that doesn't mean she's capable of changing her personality and not trying to change him. Ultimately, her personality has a certain selfish nihilism that I don't think she'd ever get past, even if Matt brings out the best in her.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:32 AM   #54
Faith_Cassidy
Side-Kick

Oh, I don't think she'd actually need to change her personality. It's that struggle with her identity that partly makes her and her relationship with Matt so interesting to watch for me. I was merely pointing out that she is the one person whom Matt could be himself with. Sure, he struggled with balancing Daredevil and his professional obligations. (To be expected, given the circumstances.) But Matt Murdock, the man, and what he believes in was still alive and well with Elektra. He was open and vulnerable with her in a way that he couldn't or didn't want to be with anyone else. And I think that's because he fell in love with her before there was a Daredevil persona. Yes, the darkness always existed but so has the intimacy and vulnerability. The fact that he couldn't give her up on her is essentially a testament to their relationship, to who he is, and how he knows there is more to Elektra beyond her "destructive" personality.

Last edited by Faith_Cassidy; 08-05-2016 at 05:07 AM.
Faith_Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:20 PM   #55
MadderMaximus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Matt and Karen. Matt and Elektra is an ultimately self-destructive relationship. She's the woman for Daredevil to be with, but he would ultimately lose his Matt Murdock half and the moral center with it (he would abandon his father's wishes entirely about him being a lawyer rather than a fighter).
Yes. Plus Elektra just isn't that interesting to me anyway. I thought he clicked far better with Karen overall.

MadderMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #56
Haggard01
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesth100 View Post
I don't care one way or the other. But ever notice people seem to prefer it when two heroes or a hero and a villain date(as long as their interesting) rather than when a hero and an ordinary person date?
You have Clark and Lois over in DC.

For Marvel you have Peter and Mary Jane

Haggard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:28 AM   #57
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggard01 View Post
You have Clark and Lois over in DC.

For Marvel you have Peter and Mary Jane
Well to be fair we also have Batman and Catwoman. The MCU film also has Star Lord/ Gamora which certainly plays along that trope (in the beginning at least).

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:12 PM   #58
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

I can't really decide. The problem is that Elektra/Matt is really bad for Matt. . . while Karen/Matt is really bad for *Karen*. Neither of them are really healthy relationships.

Now, Claire/Matt, that *could* work, since Claire is willing to call Matt on his BS. Of course, part of what would make it workable, also leads to Claire walking away because she doesn't want to deal with the drama. . .

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:09 PM   #59
Iron Fist
Side-Kick

What about Elektra and Karen, eh?

Quote:
Pretty much this.

Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:58 AM   #60
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

What about no?

Anyway, definitely Matt & Elektra, they click far better & Elektra isn't nearly as foolish as Karen has thus far proven to be. She's his equal.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:29 AM   #61
Warhorse
Side-Kick

Neither. I'm a Matt/Claire fan all the way.

I think they should cross movies with the TV and have Elektra with Loki. They seem like a good match.

Don't know about Karen though.

Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote