The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

View Poll Results: Which new character was the best?
Punisher 56 78.87%
Elektra 15 21.13%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2016, 02:04 PM   #1
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Default Punisher or Elektra? Who do you like more?

Which of the new main characters did you like more?

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:09 PM   #2
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Punisher or Elektra? Who do you like more?

Punisher is a showstopper. He could already have his own series.

Elektra needs some work, but I feel like she could eventually get the same treatment. There are some great Elektra solo comic runs. Here's hoping.

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:03 PM   #3
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Man they were both great so hard to choose. Punisher has the edge with me cuz he's my favorite marvel character and he stole the show in this one.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:48 AM   #4
NewYorkSpider
Norm!

Punisher.

I think Elektra needs some work. Some of her backstory stuff with Stick was pretty cool to see.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:08 AM   #5
Pokkle
Side-Kick

Punisher, he was the best thing of this season.

Pokkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #6
pixen
Side-Kick

Elektra.

pixen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:09 PM   #7
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

This is an odd question. I think Elektra was written to be unlikeable, and she did come across as a *****, particularly at the beginning. Punisher was very charismatic and I agree he could easily carry his own show. He was often far more compelling than DD himself, and certainly more than Elektra.

Elektra did have the dark, mysterious allure though, and a certain sexiness, but she was definitely not really likeable as a person.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:47 PM   #8
BlackFox
Covert Operator

Punisher hands down but I still liked Elektra, its just her story wasnt nearly as strong as Castle's but the character herself was interesting and worked well with DD. Certainly hope she returns which I'm sure she will.

BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #9
Typhoon22
The Golden God

Bruh forget Elektra I'd take Punisher even over Daredevil. And I like Daredevil a lot.
Right now he is my fav, by far, TV comic book character. Like forget about ALL the other Marvel shows out there...WE NEED A PUNISHER SOLO SERIES NOW ! Like right now !

I don't care about JJ, Luke Cage or even Iron Fist. I NEED PUNISHER first and foremost. Hopefully one of these days I wake up and one of the headlines reads ''Marvel announces solo Punisher TV show''.

Typhoon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #10
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

I was surprised to see so many people hating on Elektra but she's never been a favorite of mine in the comics so I don't have any real opinion as to how accurate the show was to the source material. I thought she functioned well within the story and the actress gave a really good performacne.
That being said, the Punisher is the best thing to come out of Marvel's TV division and that's high praise. So he wins this one easy.

Flint Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:28 PM   #11
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Well Elektra became a bit more likeable as the series went on and you got to know her, but she still seemed like a *****. I think Punisher killed because he felt he must, and he was on a quest. Elektra killed because she enjoyed it.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:10 PM   #12
ChristoftheRed

I thought they nailed Elektra. Beautiful, exotic, bat**** crazy! Punisher was excellent too, I really loved this season.

ChristoftheRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:37 PM   #13
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Hmm... This is almost a loaded question in some ways.

For myself, in terms of overall execution of the character both for the show itself and as an adaptation I will have to give the edge to Frank/Punisher. We got into his inner life which added meat onto the bones of my own personal conception of the character. They fleshed him out well and he seemed both like a real person and a larger than life comic book character. I totally agree that Berthal's Frank deserves a show of his own.

Elektra, for myself, well... I have never really been a fan of the comic book character. She always seemed very much a cipher to me, even in the original Miller stuff, and then post her resurrection perhaps even more so. So I had no high hopes for the character on the show really. I hoped she would be a good femme fatale, ruthless and with some charm. And... She was. Now I agree, as a person if she were real, a little of her as presented on the show would go a long way. I too can often chafe at certain characters that simply... Aren't nice. I get wanting to "like" a character that you as a viewer will be spending hours watching. But the vibe of DD as a show, well... I think it fits. Stick is not nice or really likable either. Hell, sweet Foggy got on my nerves sometimes, but in trying to make a show that feels "real" that all works for me. Elektra for sure is pill, and she has probably been off her rocker for a LONG time as intimated by the show. But, again, that all worked for me and didn't grate.

In the end though, yeah, I came away with really looking forward to more Frank and could wait a whole other season without her until they decide to bring back Elektra.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ TBC'S THOR: RAGNAROK REVIEW, STRANGER THINGS 2 REVIEW AND DISNEY/FOX RUMORS.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:15 PM   #14
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Both were excellent and easily lived up to the extremely high quality of this show, but Punisher will be what people will remember about Season 2. A tour-de-force.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:36 PM   #15
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

I voted for Elektra. I didn't really like either character, but I liked Elektra's arc more in that it revealed that Matt semi-avenged his father.

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 04-17-2016, 09:51 AM   #16
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Me thinks Frank and Elektra will team up in some shows next season. They both like killing people they feel deserve killing. And with Wilson Fisk in the mix, it's going to be a hell of a ride for Matt Murdock and his friends Foggy and Karen.

Old 04-17-2016, 12:59 PM   #17
uniqueweasel
Don't Drink and Bake

The Punisher.

uniqueweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:03 PM   #18
coluanprime
Side-Kick

They were both good but I'm going to have to go with Elektra since she brought something new to the show. Her dynamic with Matt, Stick, and everyone else was very different whereas Frank felt well-executed but more of a repeat of dark S1 stuff.

Questions about the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Want to settle a debate? Looking for images? Visit the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki! The most accurate and comprehensive Marvel Movie and TV show wiki!
coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:42 AM   #19
Silver Lantern
Side-Kick

Elektra was good but Punisher was much better, tougher, bad ass like he I supposed to be. I would love to see John in a movie of the Punisher or a new Punisher Netflix series, especially with skull vest, microchip, van, etc.

Silver Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:41 PM   #20
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

i wish punisher was played by joey ansah.

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 06-07-2016, 09:22 PM   #21
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

I liked Punisher better... but Elektra deserves her own series, too.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:05 PM   #22
Ioini
League of Assassin Member

My man Frank. Straight up badass. Can't wait to watch his spinoff.

Ioini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #23
MissStreelight
Night bird

I voted Punisher. Honestly I ended up enjoying both characters, they were both interesting and engaging characters. I didn't really like Elektra at first, I thought she was annoying and a bit of a flat character - y'know the sexy femme fatale stereotype, that I find so boring. It got better with the backstory with Stick and when I realized it was just a facade that she put up to protect herself, but I'm still not sure if I LIKE her character. Like Dark Raven mentioned, I think she was written to be kind of unlikable.

Frank Castle, on the other hand, really intrigued me. I think he had more depth of character. He has this unforgiving approach to criminals and morality, this undeniable and brutal cruelty to his methods, but at the same time the show did a good job of humanizing the monster, so to say. His relationship/interaction with Karen and with Matt/Daredevil, how their beliefs coincided in some places and collided in others, was really fascinating to watch.

MissStreelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:22 PM   #24
halo10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Punisher is a showstopper. He could already have his own series.

Elektra needs some work, but I feel like she could eventually get the same treatment. There are some great Elektra solo comic runs. Here's hoping.
Jon Bernthal brought a tone and element that makes you remember the Frank Castle/Punisher character to the set. i didn't get that with √Člodie Yung's Elektra. i just saw it as another actress face trying to take on the Elektra Natchias character.
i was "wow" by Jon Bernthal's Punisher and Vincent D'Onofrio's Wilson Fisk/Kingpin..... but i didn't come close to being like that with Youn's Elektra.

halo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:36 PM   #25
StormC
Custom User Title?

Punisher, and it isn't even close. The rooftop scene is one of the best moments in a television show I've watched in a long time. Elektra is fine, but she doesn't get to do a lot besides be Matt's on-again-off-again ninja girlfriend.

I agree 100% that Jon Bernthal gave a much stronger performance than Elodie Yung as well.

StormC is offline   Reply With Quote