The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

View Poll Results: Which new character was the best?
Punisher 56 78.87%
Elektra 15 21.13%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2016, 05:00 PM   #26
SoNicRaDiATioN
Banned User

Default Re: Punisher or Elektra? Who do you like more?

Bernthal was instantly iconic.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:42 PM   #27
halo10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
I liked Punisher better... but Elektra deserves her own series, too.
i think her series would be easier and more appealing because they can easily blend and involve the more intriguing characters becuase of the Hand.

Ninjas, various skilled assassins (swordsmen, archers, flying guillotine-men, sumos,etc, ....as well as sorceresses, witchcraft, zombies, night-creatures, etc. Anything that canrelate to the Dark powers - whether mystical world or martial world.

halo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:58 PM   #28
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

The downside to an Elektra show is that she has less of a niche distinction. The Punisher is a radically different character from Daredevil in tone, iconography, plots, enemies, enough so that a show would not look at all like "Daredevil Season 3.5". Elektra, by contrast, is awfully tied into mythos elements that were specifically introduced by Daredevil, that are major parts of his character buildup. An Elektra show would run a serious risk of ending up being "Daredevil, only partial rather than whole".

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:38 AM   #29
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
The downside to an Elektra show is that she has less of a niche distinction. The Punisher is a radically different character from Daredevil in tone, iconography, plots, enemies, enough so that a show would not look at all like "Daredevil Season 3.5". Elektra, by contrast, is awfully tied into mythos elements that were specifically introduced by Daredevil, that are major parts of his character buildup. An Elektra show would run a serious risk of ending up being "Daredevil, only partial rather than whole".
There are multiple ways you could take the show. It wouldn't necessarily have to involve The Hand/Chaste. It could be a political thriller of sorts and set around the world/in Washington. It'd be difficult to try and put together something but I think it's totally possible to do and do well. As for The Punisher show, it could easily be rather dull if it's not handled properly too. He's a very hard character to relate with at times since all he does is kill mob bosses and criminals. Nothing really there for someone to relate with.... And that's why his movies have failed in the past.

pixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #30
Mai
Side-Kick

Definitely Punisher. Really loved his character.

Mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:08 PM   #31
Ioini
League of Assassin Member

Punisher for sure. Jon Bernthal played Frank really well, can't wait for the Punisher TV series!

Ioini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:29 AM   #32
Guard82
Side-Kick

I can't decide between them because both of them brought something special to the season. Jon Bernthal was fantastic as the Punisher, bringing just the right combination of menace and pathos to the role. We saw how dangerous and brutal Frank Castle can be, but we also saw how emotional and sympathetic he can be. His tragic backstory worked well, and his ideological clash with Daredevil was handled perfectly.

Elektra was both elegant and brutal, and she also displayed an enjoyably wicked sense of humor. Elodie Yung seemed to have so much fun playing the part. Elektra's role tied in nicely with both Matt's past and Stick's crusade. Both the Punisher and Elektra were effective antagonists who also sometimes acted as Daredevil's allies. They both presented an extreme moral ambiguity which served as a good challenge for Matt in maintaining his ideals and his moral beliefs.

Guard82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:23 PM   #33
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

does anyone know when punisher's show comes out?

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:37 AM   #34
PeterBenParker
Wallopin' Websnappers!

Can't wait for The Punisher.

You're more "angry back alley" than "friendly neighborhood".
Long live the Raimi trilogy, Webb duology and The Spectacular Spider-Man!
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #35
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Great Punisher character moments and fights. From the first confrontation to the rooftop conversation with DD in chains, to the next fight with the Irish Mob boss, to the trial, the confrontation with Kingpin, getting trapped in the prison with the inmates (insane! I noticed the skull blood spatter), and... well, I'm not done with season 2 yet..

This version of Elektra makes me like the character more than the comics version, which I've never found that compelling (I've mostly missed out on the original Miller era, so it's a little above my head, despite having read a handful of back issues). The writing for this Elektra has a more complex arc than the 2003 version.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:23 AM   #36
Warhorse
Side-Kick

The Punisher, without question.

I actually despised Elektra, because when she shows up, it really took me out of the show, and Matt now getting sexually tangled up with not one, or two but three women is making him look like a dog. I just honestly didn't care much for Matt this season, but loved him in the first.

And the Punisher's backstory actually made me like Karen, when last season, I could care less if she lived or died.

But with Elektra, what makes her standout against say, someone like Natasha, who already has that femme fatal raised since a child for a war to kill or be killed?

Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:10 PM   #37
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Mainly that Natasha isn't a veritable toxic influence on someone else's life. That was the main thing with Elektra: she liked Matt, and Matt liked her, and this was *really bad for Matt*, because she brings out the worst in him.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote