The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #626
Tanin
Vladeck

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

I still say this is the best Alien Invasion of Earth film I've ever seen. I say that as there a some great Humans invading aliens films out there.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #627
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

It's easy to see Zod's "World Engine" plan could've been Brainiac's plan to re-create Earth as a new Krypton (if he was Kryptonian A.I.) since, if rumours are to be believed, the early plan was to use Brainiac and that became Zod as the script developed.

I just wonder if there was going to be just a Superman/Man of Steel sequel next whether Brainiac would've been good to use, since he would be doing something very similar.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #628
Mad Love
The Future of Justice

It doesn't really make sense for Brainiac to create a new Krypton. That's not what he's traditionally about. He wants to archive worlds so he would have no interest creating new ones.

I think it makes more sense in Man of Steel's world for Brainiac to be a sentient program like Jor-El's command key combined with the liquid nano metal.

"I think that [Wonder Woman and Batman] are very Alpha-type." - Gal Gadot
"I think [Wonder Woman] is the True North superhero of this posse." - Patty Jenkins
"Wonder Woman is the Best Fighter in the DC Universe" - Geoff Johns
Old 10-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #629
smallville fan
Hero

In that world, I imagine Brainiac to be like that floating robot/AI-aid Jor-El had (Kelex I believe) except he went bad and then Jor-El had to banish him off Krypton. In the years since, Brainiac evolved into the robot that never dies ala DCAU. Oh and in my mind this version is voiced by Corey Burton who should reprise his role should it ever happen.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #630
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
It doesn't really make sense for Brainiac to create a new Krypton. That's not what he's traditionally about. He wants to archive worlds so he would have no interest creating new ones.

I think it makes more sense in Man of Steel's world for Brainiac to be a sentient program like Jor-El's command key combined with the liquid nano metal.
It wouldn't have been exactly the same if they used Brainiac. But you can see the elements there, that are similar to the Superman animated series version of Brainiac, where he has stored information from Krypton, and possesses it after its destruction (the first ep. of TAS, as well as "Stolen Memories".) Also, as discussed in another thread, the design elements of Brainiac's ship are there in MOS, such as the metallic tentacles in the World Engine.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #631
John-An
Wonder Fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
In that world, I imagine Brainiac to be like that floating robot/AI-aid Jor-El had (Kelex I believe) except he went bad and then Jor-El had to banish him off Krypton. In the years since, Brainiac evolved into the robot that never dies ala DCAU. Oh and in my mind this version is voiced by Corey Burton who should reprise his role should it ever happen.
I want him from Colu..

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer
Old 10-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #632
John-An
Wonder Fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
It wouldn't have been exactly the same if they used Brainiac. But you can see the elements there, that are similar to the Superman animated series version of Brainiac, where he has stored information from Krypton, and possesses it after its destruction (the first ep. of TAS, as well as "Stolen Memories".) Also, as discussed in another thread, the design elements of Brainiac's ship are there in MOS, such as the metallic tentacles in the World Engine.
Maybe those aspects were inspiration from Brainiacs attack on Krypton

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer
Old 10-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #633
MrMaooz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanin View Post
I still say this is the best Alien Invasion of Earth film I've ever seen. I say that as there a some great Humans invading aliens films out there.
Nah, I prefer The Avengers and War of the Worlds over this.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #634
roach
I am the night

I prefer Mos over those.
Both had deus ex endings.....viruses and chitauri connected and powered by a mothership

Old 10-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #635
Mad Love
The Future of Justice

The Avengers is only a fun action movie. It doesn't take itself serious enough to be sci-fi.

"I think that [Wonder Woman and Batman] are very Alpha-type." - Gal Gadot
"I think [Wonder Woman] is the True North superhero of this posse." - Patty Jenkins
"Wonder Woman is the Best Fighter in the DC Universe" - Geoff Johns
Old 10-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #636
ArmsHeldOut
Peaky Blinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I prefer Mos over those.
Both had deus ex endings.....viruses and chitauri connected and powered by a mothership
That was incredibly convenient. It was something akin to a final boss stage in a video game.

"He (Batman) is perhaps the only genuine hero amongst them. The trauma of his parents' death is what motivates him and forces him to go on, but what makes him Batman is a decision. He took a decision to be a good guy, which is a decision in life not too many people make. He is a self-made character. He didn't get superpowers, he's not a cyborg, he made a choice to be what he is."
- Alan Grant
Old 10-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #637
MrMaooz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I prefer Mos over those.
Cool. I still like MOS. I just think War of the Worlds and TA are better Alien Invasion flicks.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #638
CGHulk
Side-Kick

I sick of all the alien invasion films.

Imagine in the future when friendly aliens pass by our planet and they scan our world for information, and they see all these alien invasion films, they probably won't make contact because they'll deduce that we are so afraid of an aliens that we won't even be able see that they come in peace.

Last edited by CGHulk; 10-20-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #639
Heat Vision
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
That was incredibly convenient. It was something akin to a final boss stage in a video game.
LOL. That's true.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #640
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

What was y'alls take on the 75th Anniversary toon? I just saw it yesterday (I know I am late to the party) but it was pretty damned sweet to my eyes. I teared up quite a bit. Loved the use of both themes. The number of people checking it out again lets me know that Superman is in the hearts and minds of a lot of people out there.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ To Be Continued A Fanboy Podcast: THE INCREDIBLES 2 Spoiler Review Discussion.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #641
John-An
Wonder Fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanin View Post
me too

-Hans Zimmer
Old 10-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #642
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
The Avengers is only a fun action movie. It doesn't take itself serious enough to be sci-fi.
Um...what? Being serious is by no means a requirement of science fiction.

Back to the Future is science fiction. It's even more comedic than The Avengers, but it's still Sci-fi. It has nothing to do with tone, it has to do with the content.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:
http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 10-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #643
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
What was y'alls take on the 75th Anniversary toon? I just saw it yesterday (I know I am late to the party) but it was pretty damned sweet to my eyes. I teared up quite a bit. Loved the use of both themes. The number of people checking it out again lets me know that Superman is in the hearts and minds of a lot of people out there.
Yeah my eyes definitely glazed over a little too. Great short. Great idea by Synder and Timm.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #644
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Yeah my eyes definitely glazed over a little too. Great short. Great idea by Synder and Timm.
It was great. Very clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post
I sick of all the alien invasion films.

Imagine in the future when friendly aliens pass by our planet and they scan our world for information, and they see all these alien invasion films, they probably won't make contact because they'll deduce that we are so afraid of an aliens that we won't even be able see that they come in peace.
I know! But that's the way movies are...There are evil aliens, robots, technology in general, to create the tension, but makes us afraid of them. Let us welcome the aliens and robots.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #645
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Aliens? Maybe we welcome them. The Robots? Again, let me drop my 2 rules of SCIFI.

RULE #1: Never give the Robots guns. NEVER.

RULE #2: Never give the monkeys guns.

Follow those two rules and your Star Trek: The Next Generation styled utopian future is assured. Don't? Well ask Chuck Heston and Michael Bien how that worked out for them.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ To Be Continued A Fanboy Podcast: THE INCREDIBLES 2 Spoiler Review Discussion.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #646
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Aliens? Maybe we welcome them. The Robots? Again, let me drop my 2 rules of SCIFI.

RULE #1: Never give the Robots guns. NEVER.

RULE #2: Never give the monkeys guns.

Follow those two rules and your Star Trek: The Next Generation styled utopian future is assured. Don't? Well ask Chuck Heston and Michael Bien how that worked out for them.
Haha good points. I'll keep that in mind.

But seriously, I was recently watching a documentary on robotics and their use in such things as surgery and a scientist was saying how she hates movies like "The Terminator" because it always portrays robots as the bad guys.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:22 AM   #647
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Haha good points. I'll keep that in mind.

But seriously, I was recently watching a documentary on robotics and their use in such things as surgery and a scientist was saying how she hates movies like "The Terminator" because it always portrays robots as the bad guys.

Fear of the soulless-ness, for lack of a better term, of technology and it's affect on society is at the heart of all the "robot menace" scifi. It's what makes Brainiac a great villain as well.

In today's world even things that were once considered miraculous and time saving now task us in ways we couldn't imagine. Look at cell phones. Sure, once they were a time saver. You could reach out to anyone anywhere. But that's the double edge of that sword. Anyone, at anytime now expect they should be able to reach you. There is no more "Well I am home now. The work day is over until 9am in the morning." The tech has made it possible, and for some companies, expected that you are on call 24/7. For some, it no longer even feels like we are cogs in a machine. These days many of us just feel like the grease. And some of that is due to the effects of tech on society.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #648
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Fear of the soulless-ness, for lack of a better term, of technology and it's affect on society is at the heart of all the "robot menace" scifi. It's what makes Brainiac a great villain as well.

In today's world even things that were once considered miraculous and time saving now task us in ways we couldn't imagine. Look at cell phones. Sure, once they were a time saver. You could reach out to anyone anywhere. But that's the double edge of that sword. Anyone, at anytime now expect they should be able to reach you. There is no more "Well I am home now. The work day is over until 9am in the morning." The tech has made it possible, and for some companies, expected that you are on call 24/7. For some, it no longer even feels like we are cogs in a machine. These days many of us just feel like the grease. And some of that is due to the effects of tech on society.
Good points. And it's not like we only use technology for peaceful means.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #649
herolee10
No More Miracles

I was actually surprised to see these shots since I could have sworn that like 99% of the shots that we saw of superman fighting Zod mid flight were comprised entirely of CGI figures, plus it with the way it was shot, it's difficult to tell at times when they're using CGI models and when they're using the real actors due to how fast pace the fight was, which I guess was the idea since they want to cover it up.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:36 AM   #650
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Yeah, those "CGI Gumby men" complaints never held much water with me, and seeing those pics Lee, they hold even less.

Closed Thread