The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 06-14-2018, 07:41 AM   #176
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

Default Re: Official Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II News & Speculation Thread!

Footage Details From the Avengers 4 and Captain Marvel CineEurope Presentations
Quote:
What was in the Avengers 4 footage? Well, nothing really. It was basically Kevin Feige sitting in a chair talking about the movie and apologizing to the exhibitors there for there being so many fewer heroes to sell to their customers. It was a custom made video just for the exhibitors and meant to make them laugh as the Marvel characters make them a lot of money and Feige killed most of them in the last movie. He said the remaining heroes would need to come back together as a team in Avengers Untitled.

Feige, you troll.

EDIT:
Quote:
Nikita Byrkin @mrbyrkin
There was also a small look at the Avengers' suits. Including Hulk's new armor.

Last edited by Abudefduf; 06-14-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Abudefduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:28 AM   #177
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II News & Speculation Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abudefduf View Post
haha not going to give that title up easy is he?

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:46 AM   #178
terry78
I don't die, fool

Red herrings, boy.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #179
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

Hulk's armour? I know he got beat by Thanos but I just hate the idea of Hulk using armour, I know it's been done in the comics but I thought it was stupid then as well.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:52 PM   #180
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirmit View Post
Hulk's armour? I know he got beat by Thanos but I just hate the idea of Hulk using armour, I know it's been done in the comics but I thought it was stupid then as well.
Yeah I prefer him and Banner just build a connection to get that strength. He should only have armor if they are fighting in an open space environment. Hawkeye would need armor or some implant to be out in space. I am guessing Rocket will help make most of the tech.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:21 AM   #181
Thanoss
Side-Kick

so, like 2017 year, can we hope for footage, or some kind of trailer for A4 at ComicCon next month?

Last edited by Thanoss; 06-15-2018 at 02:30 AM.
Thanoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #182
RoastBeast
Barbary Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanoss View Post
so, like 2017 year, can we hope for footage, or some kind of trailer for A4 at ComicCon next month?
I don't know about SDCC... so many shows/studios etc. not going. Is it because of the fuzzy footage that always comes out of it?

Maybe the Seattle con? seems promising...

RoastBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #183
RoastBeast
Barbary Coast

As an aside- I see that Hemsworth has just pulled out of the Seattle con for "scheduling conflicts" and the con said he had to go to "Asgard (set)" ...

For Avengers 4, or is this another project?

RoastBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #184
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastBeast View Post
As an aside- I see that Hemsworth has just pulled out of the Seattle con for "scheduling conflicts" and the con said he had to go to "Asgard (set)" ...

For Avengers 4, or is this another project?
Avengers 4 reshoots are going on this summer.

MasterCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #185
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanoss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastBeast View Post
I don't know about SDCC... so many shows/studios etc. not going. Is it because of the fuzzy footage that always comes out of it?

Maybe the Seattle con? seems promising...
Marvel Studios already said they were skipping this year.

The leaks could be part of it. Marvel is also in a tricky spot they can't promote phase 4 stuff without potentially spoiling A4. They don't want to give out A4 stuff either in July when Captain Marvel would be more of the focus. Not going to SDCC for just CM and limited A4 things.

Marvel has skipped SDCC a few times they don't need to go every year. Event is kind of bloated anyways with how it is run.

GOT going makes sense too since that season is far away and broken up. They can attend other cons.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:00 AM   #186
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Josh Brolin wants to play Thanos in Eternals.

Bad: Thor:TDW
HunBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:22 AM   #187
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
He said that?

Old 06-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #188
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Let him!

Pay him to keep him around. Thanos was built up for years and lived up to it, I hope he isn't killed in two movies.

They need to build Warlock up so they can eventually have some interaction.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:54 AM   #189
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
He said that?
https://screenrant.com/avengers-infi...olin-eternals/

Bad: Thor:TDW
HunBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #190
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Ah, good to know. Thanks for that

Old 06-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #191
MbJ
Side-Kick

Sounds like Captain Marvel will be key.

Quote:
Though Jackson suspects he knows how it will all be resolved in the next Avengers sequel: “Who’s really dead, and who’s really in the flaky wind of Marvel dust, I don’t know, but I do know there’s a solution that they didn’t even have to tell me, just because I know who Captain Marvel is and what all that means.”

MbJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:32 PM   #192
CB Fan
The Watcher

I wanted to get a copy of “the avengers infinity war art of the movie” book only to realize it doesn’t come out until November which usually marvels art of books come out around the same time as the movies are release to theaters. Could there be potential spoilers and ideas they’re holding on to?...

Last edited by CB Fan; 06-18-2018 at 02:19 PM.
CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:37 PM   #193
terry78
I don't die, fool

Yeah, Thanos can never be killed off. He's an integral part of the Marvel mythos as much as the heroes are. He tries to become one at some point.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:44 PM   #194
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
After that credit scene there's no way CM wouldn't be hugely important. Really can't wait to see all this paid off. March and April 2019 are already only 9 and 10 months away.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #195
LoganPool
Husband. Father. Servant.

I'm all for Captain Marvel being an integral part of defeating Thanos... but she better not do it single-handedly.

1. Avengers: Infinity War... 9
  2. Antman & The Wasp... 9
  3. A Quiet Place... 8.5
  4. Incredibles 2... 8.25
  5. Black Panther... 8
LoganPool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #196
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
Let him!

Pay him to keep him around. Thanos was built up for years and lived up to it, I hope he isn't killed in two movies.

They need to build Warlock up so they can eventually have some interaction.
I second this. I want to see Thanos as a constant threat to the universe who sometimes the Avengers are forced to team up with in dire circumstances. It would be fun to see Thanos in the MCU begrudgingly fighting alongside the Avengers as well as against.

DalekbusterFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #197
Tekic
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganPool View Post
I'm all for Captain Marvel being an integral part of defeating Thanos... but she better not do it single-handedly.

Agreed. I trust that the Russo Bros. are smart enough not to go that route because they've done a great job at giving most of the characters strong and significant roles in their movies, but a small part of me is worried Avengers 4 will end like Justice League, with Captain Marvel beating down Thanos by herself just like how Superman beat Steppenwolf. I'm probably worrying for nothing, but it's in the back of my mind.

Tekic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:58 AM   #198
Ultron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalekbusterFitz View Post
I second this. I want to see Thanos as a constant threat to the universe who sometimes the Avengers are forced to team up with in dire circumstances. It would be fun to see Thanos in the MCU begrudgingly fighting alongside the Avengers as well as against.
While this idea works in the comics it won't work in the movies. They only get to make so many movies (dozens compared to thousands of comics). Why would they bring back Thanos again after 6, 7, 8 movies? They always bring in a new bad guy to face, not rehash an old one.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun to have new stories and movies with Thanos, but in the grand scheme of things these types of big bads are one (in this case 2 part) and done. Not to mention the GA would be like, they're bringing back the purple guy again? We already saw the Avengers defeat him before.

Ultron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:25 AM   #199
samsnee
Side-Kick

I can see them pulling something similar to what they did with Red Skull for Thanos, assuming he survives A4 and isn’t obviously dead.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #200
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekic View Post
Agreed. I trust that the Russo Bros. are smart enough not to go that route because they've done a great job at giving most of the characters strong and significant roles in their movies, but a small part of me is worried Avengers 4 will end like Justice League, with Captain Marvel beating down Thanos by herself just like how Superman beat Steppenwolf. I'm probably worrying for nothing, but it's in the back of my mind.
That'd be way too "deus ex machina" to realistically happen. I'm sure she'll be hugely important turn the tide in the Avengers favor, but there's no way she's going to come in and just dominate. There'd be no stakes if that happened.