The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 06-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #201
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Default Re: Bits you missed/ can't remember/ couldn't hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
I'm quite sure Tony says "not of use". He is a bit annoyed about Steve here.
No, he says "not a fuse." He's talking about Banner.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #202
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
I think I agree with Lady Marion, whenever I hear it, it sounds like "not of use"

Saw it for the 5th time today (will see it for a 6th time Friday... originally were just planning on Friday, but today after working on unpacking my sister's stuff, my dad randomly decided that he wanted to go see it today...so we did).

There were only about a dozen of us (if that) in the theater so all of the parts I had a hard time hearing before (i.e. what Banner says right after the adoption line, Loki's 'whine' after being ragdolled) were all perfectly clear this time. It was nice.

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #203
BigThor
God of Thunder

What did Banner say after Thor's "adoption" line?

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #204
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
What did Banner say after Thor's "adoption" line?
"I think its all about mechanics. Iridium. What do they need the Iridium for?"

(it was the first bit of it I never caught before, due to the laughing from the adoption line)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 06-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #205
Golgo-13
The Return of the O.G

Banner didn't have on socks during the first Hulk out.

Every morning a Lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle, or it will starve to death.

It doesn't matter whether you're a LION or a GAZELLE when the sun comes up, you better be RUNNING!
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #206
Lady Marion
It's all in the swing

Quote:
Why should he talk about Banner at that point? He's arguing with Steve about style and makes a joke about Steves costume. It's more logical that he means: (Cap you're disturbing, you are) "not of use."

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #207
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Makes sense that he would say "not of use" because Steve can't help them find the tesseract.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #208
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Its "not of use" . 100%. next question.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #209
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Can't believe no one knows English. He called Steve "effuse".

Last edited by scifiwolf; 06-07-2012 at 06:35 PM.
scifiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #210
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

hehe

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #211
Polux
Just some nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Yeah, I think I came up with at least four times that Hawkeye was not looking at what he was shooting at (or, perhaps more accurately, he wasn't looking in the direction that his arrow was currently pointing... when he fires at the engine on the helicarrier, he turns his gaze towards the engine even though his arrow is pointed slightly off to account for the wind). The helicarrier (that I just mentioned), once on the ground (I think) with Widow during the Budapest line, and then at least twice on the roof.
I noted that too and I always felt that that was a way of showing how gifted he is; the way I think it works is that once he spots a moving target from a distance, he doesn't need to look at it anymore, his brain does all the math (which direction it's heading, the speed, wind, etc.) so he shoots at where the target will be , I think this works perfectly, since, the way I see it, if a non-powered human being is gonna be in the Avengers, he shouldn't be just a great archer, but he should be WAY beyond the best one in the world.

Just my two cents.

Polux

Polux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #212
shield31
Side-Kick

I just got back from my 6th viewing. The first 5 times were in the first 2 weeks of release. Now, either I'm going mad, or else the dialogue has changed since I last saw it, there was at least one scene where I noticed it had been changed.
It's the scene with Loki and Thor on the mountain top. Loki turns to Thor and says, "you should be thanking me. With the bifrost destroyed how much dark matter did the all-father..." etc. now I always listen out for this because I've read people say that it's 'dark magic' that Loki mentions. (It's not by the way, it's definately 'matter')
Anyway, so there I am in the cinema all smug because I know the lines coming up, and guess what...? It's been changed from dark matter to dark ENERGY. Is that normal? To edit a film post release? Anybody else notice this?

shield31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #213
Golgo-13
The Return of the O.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Makes sense that he would say "not of use" because Steve can't help them find the tesseract.
Yes, it's "Not of use"

Every morning a Lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle, or it will starve to death.

It doesn't matter whether you're a LION or a GAZELLE when the sun comes up, you better be RUNNING!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #214
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shield31 View Post
I just got back from my 6th viewing. The first 5 times were in the first 2 weeks of release. Now, either I'm going mad, or else the dialogue has changed since I last saw it, there was at least one scene where I noticed it had been changed.
It's the scene with Loki and Thor on the mountain top. Loki turns to Thor and says, "you should be thanking me. With the bifrost destroyed how much dark matter did the all-father..." etc. now I always listen out for this because I've read people say that it's 'dark magic' that Loki mentions. (It's not by the way, it's definately 'matter')
Anyway, so there I am in the cinema all smug because I know the lines coming up, and guess what...? It's been changed from dark matter to dark ENERGY. Is that normal? To edit a film post release? Anybody else notice this?
I had always thought it was dark energy, but I wonder if there might be a difference between the U.S. cut of the film (that had the extra end credit scene) and the European cut, in that regard?

Old 06-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #215
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Seen it 6 times myself (twice opening weekend, once the next weekend, once the weekend after that and then twice this past week) - as far as I can recall, it's always been dark energy. I don't ever recall hearing it as dark matter. (I'm in the US by the way)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 06-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #216
shield31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I had always thought it was dark energy, but I wonder if there might be a difference between the U.S. cut of the film (that had the extra end credit scene) and the European cut, in that regard?
See, that's what I thought. I KNOW it was definately 'matter' when I'd seen it before. So working on the basis that we now had the US version, I forced my poor daughter to sit through all the credits - again. She wasn't best pleased. Lol

A proud member of the 'London Clowns on the Ground'
Old 06-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #217
xeno000
IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Quote:

I thought that Tony said, "Of the people in this room, which one is A - wearing a spangly outfit and B - not a fuse," too. But I thought maybe the fuse reference was about actual fuses, maybe? Because fuses are, you know, spangly?

Might not make much sense, but Tony's dialogue is sprinkled with nonsensical babble.

It’s something that’s easy to take for granted, growing up in the United States as a white male, that my cinematic heroes look like me...It’s something that over the course of these ten years, having a certain amount of power over what type of movies are made and what type of actors we hire, I want everybody to have that feeling. We don’t take it for granted that people want to see themselves reflected in our heroes and our characters.
xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #218
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Did Thor ever throw his hammer at Hulk?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #219
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Did Thor ever throw his hammer at Hulk?
Yes. During their fight on the helicarrier after Thor gives him the uppercut with the hammer and Hulk rips off a piece of the fighter jet wing to throw at Thor. Thor slides to avoid it and as he gets back to his feet he chucks the hammer at Hulk. Hulk tries to catch it, and the hammer pulls his hand down to the ground, resulting in Hulk trying to lift it (and his feet sinking into the floor at the effort)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 06-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #220
Lady Marion
It's all in the swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I thought that Tony said, "Of the people in this room, which one is A - wearing a spangly outfit and B - not a fuse," too. But I thought maybe the fuse reference was about actual fuses, maybe? Because fuses are, you know, spangly?

Might not make much sense, but Tony's dialogue is sprinkled with nonsensical babble.
Lmao.

We will be 100% sure what he says when we get the DVD with the subtitles.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #221
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

In the actual movie, when Stark says "genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist," did he look to the left or to the right when he was saying it?

In the trailers, he looks to the left, as if he's recalling something (in actual fact, probably the script or his improvised line). In real life, if he were making it up on the spot, isn't it more likely he would look to the right or not anywhere at all?

The trailer therefore gives a slightly rehearsed feel now in retrospect.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #222
shield31
Side-Kick

During that same scene, when they're all arguing, what does Cap say to Tony? It's something about not being the guy to make the hail Mary pass, lay on the wire etc.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #223
ZeroDegrees
Newbie First Class

Quote:
During that same scene, when they're all arguing, what does Cap say to Tony? It's something about not being the guy to make the hail Mary pass, lay on the wire etc.
The sacrifice play. I think that's what you mean.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's "not of use." He's good friends with Banner and Stark accepts and even embraces the idea of Hulk. And he was directing insults at Cap, like he was spangly and was useless to the mission (not of use). What the heck does "not a fuse" mean?

ZeroDegrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #224
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

yeah, I saw it again with like, 4 people in the theater. He definitely says "not of use." my bad.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #225
Golgo-13
The Return of the O.G

I just watched CAP:FA and caught the reference between Steve drawing the monkey in Cap, and the monkey reference in Avengers.