The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 05-09-2018, 08:59 PM   #101
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II News & Speculation Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
I can still see them going for reinforcements before linking up on Earth.
Craglin would be the only contact Nebula knows. Stark has never been to space so what reinforcements would he contact? He also has PTSD from space.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:53 PM   #102
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II News & Speculation Thread!

Kraglin could get the old Ravagers (Stallone, etc.)

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:14 AM   #103
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if they made a brief appearance. They did say it wasn't the last time they will be shown.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:30 AM   #104
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Paltrow letting cats out of bags.

https://movieweb.com/avengers-4-spoi...yneth-paltrow/

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #105
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
To respond to legendkillin, this. Kraglin would also know about The Sovereign and could point the in that direction. Tony, even with the PTSD, will buck up and do what he needs to do. Even if Nebula has to kick his ass to do it.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #106
Flash525
The Scarlet Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
You'd think they'd just stop people from discussing ANYTHING at this point.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #107
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash525 View Post
#IblameThanos

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #108
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash525 View Post
They can still misdirect with trailers. I didn't read what she said to avoid potential spoilers. The movie is also a year away so most people won't remember what she said unless they are people like us on forums.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #109
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not a huge reveal. They clearly set it up in Infinity War.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #110
terry78
I don't die, fool

Not really some big shocker.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #111
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

It would be nice to see Agent Coulson on the big screen again in Avengers 4

darthcoolness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:59 PM   #112
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Not a huge reveal. They clearly set it up in Infinity War.
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Not really some big shocker.
For those that didn't follow production, yeah, but for the general audience a time jump that long I think wasn't what's expected.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #113
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

What time jump are you referring to? Paltrow is talking about the decade since the characters made their screen debut since Iron Man in 2008 and how that relationship has developed over time.

- CM Punk
Old 05-10-2018, 11:07 PM   #114
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
What time jump are you referring to? Paltrow is talking about the decade since the characters made their screen debut since Iron Man in 2008 and how that relationship has developed over time.
It's literally in the first paragraph of the article. But more importantly she talks about Tony and her having a kid.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:32 AM   #115
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's literally in the first paragraph of the article. But more importantly she talks about Tony and her having a kid.
Her statement doesn't really prove that, and the rumors are just fake news click bait.

- CM Punk
Old 05-11-2018, 12:52 AM   #116
RoastBeast
Barbary Coast

She totally flat-out said it. It's a spoiler, all right.

RoastBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:40 AM   #117
ThePhilosopher
Newbie First Class

Quote:
That's how I interpreted it also. Furthermore, babies can be born in 9 months, that's not really a confirmation of a big time jump.

ThePhilosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:41 AM   #118
xeno000
IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

I hope that there isn't a time jump between IW and A4. That would totally destroy the urgency of the situation.

It’s something that’s easy to take for granted, growing up in the United States as a white male, that my cinematic heroes look like me...It’s something that over the course of these ten years, having a certain amount of power over what type of movies are made and what type of actors we hire, I want everybody to have that feeling. We don’t take it for granted that people want to see themselves reflected in our heroes and our characters.
xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:58 AM   #119
RoastBeast
Barbary Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I hope that there isn't a time jump between IW and A4. That would totally destroy the urgency of the situation.
There is no urgency. It's over but for the reorganization. Earth would be like London in 1350 after the Black Death swept through. Chaos.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #120
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Just do it like the beginning of the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes where we have a brief montage of the effects of the snap throughout the universe and then we pick up several years later ala Leftovers.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:53 AM   #121
terry78
I don't die, fool

The time skip would be jarring but it'd showcase the sense of destruction it caused.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #122
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I think they would have to thread in the socio-political fallout of the loss of half the people on the planet. Which could range over a wide variety of aspects but I can't see any immediately being viewed as an unalloyed "good" for those remaining. Thanos may not care about the way people live after the snap only that they do, but to those living in the nitty gritty of it those details matter a lot.

I could see the aftermath including some or all of the world becoming much more authoritarian. People would want to feel safe regardless of methods. So yeah, they have to give us how this all played out to show the stakes are not just about bringing the dead back.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #123
RoastBeast
Barbary Coast

The opposite happened after the Great Mortality, people became more libertine and pushed back on tight control. Historical precedent would suggest that instead of looking for safety, people would party like its 1999.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #124
Water Chief
Side-Kick

You know what I want to see if possible?

I want to see Quicksilver back. I personally hated how Whedon handled him and basically made superspeed, one of the coolest powers ever, look boring as hell. The Russo Bros. are far more creative and probably would have Quicksilver looking so insane. They could have him throw superspeed punches, throwing debris super quickly, spinning bruhs around on some spinning top ish. They'd understand how to be more creative with superspeed than lame generic slowmotion shots that aren't satisfying.

Water Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #125
Kev4000
Side-Kick

Please no timejump more then 6 months...