The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

Old 03-27-2017, 01:47 PM   #276
Shazam
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Anson Mount is Black Bolt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Black Bolt's costume, if that is indeed what this is, is a bit disappointing but perhaps this isn't his full outfit. Although if I'm being honest, I'm not sure how good a faithful BB costume would look onscreen. Even in the comics (depending on who is drawing him) he can look kinda silly IMO.
WE NEED THIS.....

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:42 PM   #277
terry78
I don't die, fool

Honestly if you can do Deadpool and Spidey's costume, this shouldn't even be an issue. Yes, he wears it constantly, but whatever.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:25 PM   #278
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

I saw earlier on another forum someone saying that Black Lightning took Black Bolt's outfit,

"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:39 PM   #279
psylockolussus
Fierce User

My thoughts exactly.

I don't watch DC shows but at least they embrace the costumes more than these Marvel shows.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:39 PM   #280
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Well they won't want to copy Black Lightning's costume then. No wonder he's getting a generic black suit or just a business suit.

Old 04-30-2017, 02:05 PM   #281
MurkeNyou
Side-Kick

Marvel TV and Marvel NETFLIX producers have long standing, noted issues with dressing their heroes properly. It's a chronic issue. It's like putting restrictor plates on your product. DC does Gorilla Grodd and King Shark near perfect on a TV budget, Marvel cannot pull off Deathlok, costumes in general for that matter. Iron Fist again repeated the problem. They treat costumes as a treat/ fan service, not as a necessity.

Every time I hear a producer refer to costumes as goofy, I want them fired. They talk big about character, but they don't want to portray characters properly. It's like Instead of a 2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, we give you a primer black 1988 Aries K. You get a costume on 1/4 characters. And that is apparently asking too much.

MurkeNyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:07 PM   #282
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Marvel Television is just not great. I just saw gotgvol2 and that was so much fun than all of Netflix's Marvel shows.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:52 AM   #283
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkeNyou View Post
Marvel TV and Marvel NETFLIX producers have long standing, noted issues with dressing their heroes properly. It's a chronic issue. It's like putting restrictor plates on your product. DC does Gorilla Grodd and King Shark near perfect on a TV budget, Marvel cannot pull off Deathlok, costumes in general for that matter. Iron Fist again repeated the problem. They treat costumes as a treat/ fan service, not as a necessity.

Every time I hear a producer refer to costumes as goofy, I want them fired. They talk big about character, but they don't want to portray characters properly. It's like Instead of a 2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, we give you a primer black 1988 Aries K. You get a costume on 1/4 characters. And that is apparently asking too much.
Hard for me to disagree. Costumes are a part of these character iconography. IMHO it makes them more than random vigilantes. It means they have to be symbols. They have to be greater than some wannabes. They are the legends who will protect the streets and they are the ones who will run into danger and put themselves between the weak and innocent.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:17 AM   #284
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
WE NEED THIS.....

that would be so awesome to see in this show.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:42 PM   #285
SwiftFox
Side-Kick

You know what I love about Anson Mount? He is all in on this role. He tweets about it and he's been promoting the Black Bolt comic (issue #1 is out today and its fantastic) over on Twitter. I really think it's great to see an actor that excited about a role they're playing.

SwiftFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #286
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Or he was told by Marvel to promote the comic book.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #287
SwiftFox
Side-Kick

You don't see the other actors doing what he is doing...except for maybe Brie Larson and the AOS cast. Go check out his Twitter. He's all into the role.

SwiftFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:57 AM   #288
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I was talking about him promoting the comic book, not his dedication to the role.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:50 PM   #289
JB-the-Hunter
Booty hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkeNyou View Post

Sometimes it's not about looking goofy. Costumes need a reason to be worn. Most characters in the mcu so far have either a fairly faithful costume with a really good explanation for it or a loose adaptation that's good enough and makes sense. Obviously comic fans would rather have the former, but sometimes costumes in the comics are just there because superheroes are supposed to wear flashy costumes even if the costumes aren't logical. It's hard to come up with a reason why Blackbolt looks the way he traditionally does, so the easy solution is to drop the mask and make the rest of the costume fit the theme of the story.

Personally, I'd probably still find a way to make the mask work. Blackbolt looks incomplete without it.

"I knew there was something wrong. It just took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it, but... you survived the destruction because you caused it. Raina wasn't the only one changed in there, and I'm pretty sure the DNA results that I'm running right now will confirm that there's nothing wrong with the data in my head Skye. There's something wrong with you." - Leo Fitz
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:33 AM   #290
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Sometimes it's not about looking goofy. Costumes need a reason to be worn. Most characters in the mcu so far have either a fairly faithful costume with a really good explanation for it or a loose adaptation that's good enough and makes sense. Obviously comic fans would rather have the former, but sometimes costumes in the comics are just there because superheroes are supposed to wear flashy costumes even if the costumes aren't logical. It's hard to come up with a reason why Blackbolt looks the way he traditionally does, so the easy solution is to drop the mask and make the rest of the costume fit the theme of the story.

Personally, I'd probably still find a way to make the mask work. Blackbolt looks incomplete without it.
And especially hard for Scott Buck.

Blackbolt is an Inhuman who lives in Attilian, which is a completely different society to the rest of earth. He doesn't need such a big reason.

And apparently Scott Buck couldn't find ONE single reason why Danny Rand would wear a costume as Iron Fist. That shows he completely lacks any imagination. Buck would probably not even have the Inhumans in any costumes if it were up to him. Medusa would not have long hair, and there would be no oversized dog named Lockjaw.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:23 AM   #291
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
No mask is fine, IMO. But he should have the tuning fork. Some have said it's corny or stupid looking, but in a show with a giant teleporting dog, a woman with living hair, etc. I don't see the issue.

"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #292
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Yeah, ditching the mask is okay, but the tuning fork is a fairly notable part of his image. Make it a crown, like others have suggested, and it fits fine with "otherworldly king" as a concept.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #293
JB-the-Hunter
Booty hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Blackbolt is an Inhuman who lives in Attilian, which is a completely different society to the rest of earth. He doesn't need such a big reason.
That's exactly it. Blackbolt's comic costume looks like what you'd expect an earthly superhero to wear, rather than a king from a secret society on different planet (err... "moon"). It looks like a run of the mill superhero costume. You could recolor it red, white and blue and basically have Captain America's costume.

Don't get me wrong, there are many creative ways to adapt Blackbolt's comic costume and make it fit the theme of the series, but even in the comics it's one of those costumes that's there just because and doesn't really say anything about the theme of the character, his powers or his background.

The costume they've given him is pretty boring, but it does look like somewhat otherworldly, regal garb. There's nothing to say that we won't get some headgear though. We barely know anything about this show.

"I knew there was something wrong. It just took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it, but... you survived the destruction because you caused it. Raina wasn't the only one changed in there, and I'm pretty sure the DNA results that I'm running right now will confirm that there's nothing wrong with the data in my head Skye. There's something wrong with you." - Leo Fitz

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 05-23-2017 at 07:40 PM.
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #294
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

You know, amidst the other fears, I hope they don't go for the lowest common denominator "Black Bolt has sonic powers" thing. That would honestly irk me more than the costume.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #295
HellYeah
Extortionist

I just need the mask. Anson's face is comic book material.

HellYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:29 PM   #296
Stark Bauer
Wants 2b cast as Darkhawk

Anson was one of the few things that were salvagelable. GIve him a mask and proper costume and the show becomes 1000% better

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” - MLK
Stark Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:32 PM   #297
LaughterLives
Banned User

After watching this guy play Black Bolt, I couldn't help but think what a great Batman this guy could make. He certainly has the jaw for it.

LaughterLives is offline   Reply With Quote