The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 03:53 PM   #76
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone
 
BestGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Westeros
Posts: 11,001
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

I'm rather surprised Rick bought the Hilltoppers' story so readily. Given how crafty Jesus is, it should've occurred to him that the "you people need to kill the Saviors now because they're all a bunch of psychos" story might be a ruse. Obviously it isn't but I can't blame Morgan for being concerned about mass murdering a group of strangers.

__________________
The poster formerly known as RachelDawes

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #77
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

With two episodes left this season I haven’t seen much development with Morgan. I feel the writers have wasted his character after his bottle episode “Here’s Not Here”. Most of his moments in 6b so far revolved around him building a cell for the ASZ. And due to the recent death of Denise we’ll never know if she told Morgan or not about that Wolf saving her life and being somewhat reformed. I was never satisfied with how they wrapped up that subplot. There weren’t any consequences or repercussions from that incident. Except Carol feeling guilty for killing the Wolf, who she later realize ended up helping Denise.

And it’s been a while since we’ve seen some aikido/bo staff action as well. Also in the 6b banner poster there’s an image of Morgan on horseback. It might come into play in the last two episodes of the season. Could he be searching for Carol?

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:47 PM   #78
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Sneak Peek: Episode 616: The Walking Dead: Last Day on Earth

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:04 PM   #79
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

When Morgan came clean to Rick about the Wolf he spared. He somehow knew the Wolf died protecting Denise from some of the walkers invading the ASZ. Since the writers didn't tell or show us how Morgan knew that bit of information we have to assume Denise told him about that moment off camera and during the 2 month time jump. Why did they make us wait 6 episodes later to reveal that Morgan knew the Wolf had a change of heart? It was very anti-climactic the way they resolved that subplot and the lack of repercussions from it.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:41 PM   #80
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

I figured the writers were setting up Morgan to break his anti-killing code. I felt he broke it easily and didn’t hesitate to save Carol. It’s disappointing b/c it’s makes it seem like the only way to survive that world is to kill. I was hoping Morgan would maintain his ideology about “all life is precious”. And proving to us viewers and the characters that you can survive threats without having to kill anyone or all the time. To continue to go in that direction it comes off one sided.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:33 AM   #81
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

First season 7 photo of Morgan.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
There’s a lot of speculation over who died at the hands of Negan (and Lucille) in The Walking Dead’s season finale, but there is one person we do know is alive: Morgan! And we’ve got your first season 7 look at Lennie James’ character right here.

It appears Morgan is back with his trusty pole, but where is he? We last saw Morgan accepting help from two armored soldiers, but where did they take him? Those soldiers sure did look a lot like ones from the Kingdom, a community straight from the comic books run by colorful character known as King Ezekiel. If that is where Morgan is, it could play into what exec producer Greg Nicotero told us to expect in season 7.

“The exciting thing about season 7 is we’re really opening it up,” says Nicotero. “We started in season 6 by getting a sense that the world was a much larger place. We were laying the seeds for the fact that there is a very big world out there. So, in season 7, we really get a chance to explore those worlds in much greater detail.”

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:42 AM   #82
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

The Walking Dead: Morgan was originally supposed to appear at Terminus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
Morgan was there at the very beginning of The Walking Dead. But the character then disappeared for awhile after the pilot episode, showing up for one episode in season 3 before making a few random appearances throughout season 5 and then joining the show full-time for the first time for season 6.

But according to a commentary track on the new The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season Blu-ray + Digital HD set (out Aug. 23), Lennie James’ character almost joined the show on a permanent basis earlier, and at a critical moment.

On a commentary for the “Here’s Not Here” episode, showrunner Scott M. Gimple reveals that there was a plan for Morgan to show up in dramatic fashion in the Terminus train car for the last shot of the season 4 finale. Allow Gimple to explain: “At the end of 416, Rick would say, ‘They’re screwing with the wrong people,’” explains Gimple, “and a gentleman would come out of the shadows of the train car and he would say, ‘Yeah, they are.’ And that would be Lennie, as Morgan. And it looked like it almost could have happened.”

“We almost made it happen,” James agrees on the commentary.

“Because it looked like a show that Lennie was on was ending,” continues Gimple. “The time was right. But Lennie had a commitment to another show, which allowed us to do something super cool, which allowed Morgan to go on a journey after this episode in season 5 to see how he catches up to Rick and the group.”
Interesting, but I was still surprised and ecstatic when Morgan showed up during the after credits scene of "No Sanctuary". So it still worked out in the end, imo.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #83
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

The Walking Dead: Lennie James says he's 'stopped speaking to people' to protect secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
Everyone wants to know who died at the hands of Negan in The Walking Dead season finale, which means the cast of the zombie drama is getting inundated with questions from fans.

Andrew Lincoln told us stories of getting grilled at customs with queries about the victim, while Melissa McBride mentioned her mom wondering if she had been the one to die even though she wasn’t even in that scene.

Now you can add Lennie James to that list of cast members folks have been trying to trick into spilling the proverbial beans. “Everybody tries to get clever about it,” says James, who plays Morgan. “So everybody tries to kind of catch you out. Everybody asks who you’re filming with this particular day, or ‘Who did you see today?’ Or ‘Who did you have dinner with today?’ Or ‘Please send such and such my love’ — all trying to figure out what your reaction is going to be. And these are members of the public, these are friends of mine, these are members of my family all trying to ask the question that may well kind of catch you out.”

James’ solution to make sure he doesn’t accidentally reveal anything? “I’ve kind of done two things,” he says. “One, I’ve stopped speaking to people. And two, you have to get very single-minded about protecting this particular story line and trying your best to stay true to it everywhere. People will just whisper something in your ear when you’re at the store or when you’re at the supermarket thinking that you’ll turn around and divulge some piece of information, but so far I think I’m doing okay.”

James says he has also been on the receiving end of awkward congratulations for not being the first Alexandrian to die at the hands of Negan. “It’s weird because there have been a few people who have said, ‘Well at least you’re not dead, so we know that for sure.’ And I go, ‘Well you kind of know that for sure because I’m not one of the people knelt down in front of Negan.’ I mean, that would have to be a really big bat for him to swing it from where he is and for it to hit me where I am. So yeah, it’s no great revelation. I at least make it past that particular situation.”

In fact, Morgan’s next situation will bring him to the Kingdom, where he will meet the eccentric King Ezekiel. Let’s hope he’s good around tigers.
Can't blame him. It's a shame he and McBride get bombarded with questions about a scene they hadn't any involvement in. Instead of questions about what's next for both of their characters in Season 7? It wouldn't surprise me if the media and fans asked actors/actresses of characters, who were killed off on the show long ago, e.g. Emily Kinney, Michael Rooker, Chad Coleman, IronE Singleton, etc. about if they knew who the Lucille victim was. Smh.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:23 AM   #84
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

The Walking Dead showrunner on what's in store for Carol and Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
Someone’s dead. But that someone is not Carol or Morgan… yet. Not only are the former polar opposites still alive, but they have some spiffy new digs as well, as the duo will be entering a brand new community known as the Kingdom in season 7. We spoke to Walking Dead showrunner Scott M. Gimple to get the scoop on what’s in store for Carol and Morgan and their wacky new host, King Ezekiel.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You and I have already talked a lot about the big cliffhanger, but let’s discuss Morgan and Carol and where they left off. She doesn’t want to keep killing people yet then Morgan kills someone to save her in the finale. What I found interesting is not only did Morgan shoot that savior once, he unloaded his whole gun. He shot him six times.
SCOTT M. GIMPLE:
He wanted to save her life and he wasn’t taking any chances. That character, Roman, was raising his gun. So Morgan was like, “This is it. There’s no way to stop him.” The big thing with that as far as Carol’s side of it was that it wasn’t only that she didn’t want to kill, but she really wanted to get away from people and people that she’s close to, which is something we saw all the way back in episode 502.

That really is a driving motivation with her. And yet, in that moment — though she didn’t really think of it this way — she did need someone. But she’s in a tricky place. She doesn’t want community and she doesn’t want people close to her. She wants to be on her own and she certainly has the skills at this point to do so, but how do you achieve that when there’s people around who care about you?

What about the Morgan half of that equation?
That’s a little more binary in that you absolutely hit that. I mean he has been struggling with adopting a philosophy that saved him in so many ways, and yet that philosophy isn’t workable in the world that he inhabits. Obviously, in that moment, it wasn’t. Towards the midseason, we saw how much Morgan was struggling with it and how he wanted to walk that path, but he knew that it was challenged and it was possibly unworkable.

And then, yes, in that moment, are you going to kill someone and save your friend’s life in some ways that you feel responsible that they’re out there in the first place, or do you let them die? Because somebody’s going to die in that moment. He made a choice, but that will only further that conflict if it doesn’t end his association with that philosophy altogether.

Morgan was never certain, and now his going through the world without killing anyone, is that just wishful thinking at this point? That’s a big part of his story this season. I will say obviously we’re not going to be seeing him wringing his hands and bemoaning this the whole time. In fact, what we saw, it’s more that he will see that he has no choice but to move away from the philosophy, but it’s not going to be easy for him.

Let’s talk about where they’re going to be since they’re visiting the Kingdom and this is a huge location from the comic. What is this community all about?
I’ll say that the Kingdom is a place that works and it’s a place that has a very different vibe because it works. They’ve figured out how to feed themselves. They’ve figured out how to have a place that in many ways celebrates life. They get to be alive. They want to live. It isn’t merely about survival.

There is a community there and the man in charge is somebody who embraces in some ways some of the more nonsensical parts of life. You know, he walks around with a classical royal air and yet there’s something very affirming about that. It’s theater. He’s a bigger than life character and they’re living in a way that is very affirmative of life and it’s very different from any of the communities that we’ve seen before.

What about his tiger, Shiva? When you knew you wanted to bring Ezekiel in, you knew you had to bring the tiger in. Take me through the discussions you guys had in terms of how the hell you were going to do this.
There were people that were like, “We’re not going to do this. There’s no way we can do this.” You know, we have Greg [Nicotero] and we have a remarkable effects team. I’ll just say, as with everything on the show, it’s something we thought about a long, long time. The show is a very difficult show to make. However much you plan or whatever, the ground sort of crumbles out beneath your feet as you just rush ahead with each and every episode. I’m very lucky that we’d been thinking and planning for a long time. We’re pulling it off just in the nick of time.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:12 PM   #85
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

“I can’t let you die out there.” #TWD returns 10.23.16.


Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:08 PM   #86
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

The Walking Dead: Lennie James previews a 'thorny path' for Morgan and Carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
So, Morgan is back killing people again. At least when it came to that Savior who was about to end Carol in The Walking Dead season finale. And not only did Morgan shoot that Savior, he shot him six times! Is there a significance to that? What will that killing do to Morgan going forward? And what does saving Carol mean for their relationship in season 7? We went to Lennie James for answers.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Let’s talk about Morgan and where things ended up at the end of last season, because we saw Morgan break his code in the finale with killing the Savior there. So what does that mean for him going forward?
LENNIE JAMES:
I think on one level it’s obviously something that’s going to need to be dealt with, because he spent awhile trying to walk a particular path and, as you say, he’s had to go against his code. All that, and in order to try and save somebody else, in order to try and save Carol. So I think it’s a test. I think it’s something that he’s going to have to deal with and it’s something that he’s going to have reconcile himself to.

What I found really interesting about that scene is that Morgan didn’t just shoot him once, but rather six times. He emptied the gun. What was the significance of that? Was that some frustration coming out?
In all honesty, I don’t think that it was that Morgan had any kind of thought like that. The thing about Morgan, and probably the reason why he’s chosen to walk this path, isn’t just simply because of the ethics of the path that Eastman was walking and solely that Morgan saw sense in it. Morgan sees salvation in it. The important thing to remember about Morgan is that it’s not just that he doesn’t want to kill people, it’s that he knows what he’s like when he’s free to kill people. He knows himself. He’s good at it and he’s pathological at it, and it’s not a road he particularly wants to walk down.

So if he’s killing you, he’s killing you until you’re dead. He’s not trying to make it okay for you to die. He doesn’t want to do it because one bullet or six bullets is ugly. So on one level it makes no difference to him, but on another level, his fear is about flicking the switch and heading back down the road of which he has knowledge of and of which he’s very, very frightened of in himself.

What is Morgan’s relationship with Carol now going forward into season 7?
Well, I think it’s to do with two things really. I mean on one level, I can’t tell you. Then on another level, it’s to do with where they are when we meet them at the beginning of season 7. On one level, they’re alone together. They may well be with another group of people, but they’re the only two people who know each other. Although it being Carol and Morgan, it’s always going to be a tricky and thorny path, but they’re going to get to know each other a little better. Whether that means they become the best of friends or the worst of enemies, we’ll have to wait and see.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:28 PM   #87
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

The Walking Dead: Lennie James previews Morgan at the Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
Morgan on The Walking Dead has gone from a grieving husband to a “clear” obsessed lunatic to a peace-loving, pole-toting pacifist to a… well, we’re not really sure what he is now after pumping six bullets into that Savior in the season 6 finale.

But while we wonder about Morgan’s emotional journey in season 7, we at least know the first steps in his physical journey, as Morgan and an injured Carol will be making their way to a brand new community called the Kingdom. But what will Morgan make of a place that is run by a wacky dude who refers to himself as a king and has a pet tiger? We spoke to Lennie James to find out.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: When we last saw Morgan, he was asking these two soldiers for some help. We know they bring you and Carol back to the Kingdom. What is Morgan’s reaction to that place going to be?
LENNIE JAMES:
Well, you know one of the things about Morgan that you need to remember about the fella is that he spent a long time out in the world on his own. So when he arrived at Alexandria, it was beyond his wildest beliefs. It was the idea that this place existed, and that something like this place could exist in this world in the way that it was, was beyond his imagination and it grew up a lot of complicated issues within himself. Could he live amongst a group? Could he care about other people in the way that he’s only had to care and take care of himself?

And I think the Kingdom, although it’s very different to Alexandria — very, very different to Alexandria, a lot bigger than Alexandria, it’s possibly the biggest world we will have come across so far — is equally as alien to Morgan as Alexandria was. Not least because it’s led by — for want of a better phrase, although I’m in no way keen to use it — a very kind of theatrical leader. So Morgan coming into this world, he’s a bit Zen about it. I think he’s kind of whatever you need to survive. And these people have quite obviously survived and if the way that they’ve done it is to have a king, then that’s fine by Morgan.

Well, Ezekiel certainly is pretty theatrical, and he’s got a pet tiger so I could see how someone coming in might find this whole setup a little odd.
I think one of the important things about Ezekiel is the reason why he is what he is. And the reason why he is what he is, is because it’s worked and it’s keeping a large group of people alive and everybody has their rules. And one of the things of The Walking Dead is that the leaders of all the different kinds of worlds that we’ve come across are in some way kind of iconic.

You know, when we arrived at Alexandria, Deanna was a congresswoman and she ran Alexandria in the spirit of the shape that she cut in the world — the world of a congresswoman. The world of an activist. And that was what Alexandria was about and it reflected the image of the person who’s the leader. As for Rick’s group, Rick is a symbolic figure of a town sheriff. I mean he even still carries his six-shooter low slung on his side. It’s a very iconic kind of image of a leader. And the same with Negan, and the same, to a certain extent, with Ezekiel. He is running a Kingdom, and as a Kingdom, he is trying as best as he can to personify the image of a king, albeit a king who has a pet tiger.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:07 PM   #88
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Morgan is finally able to put what Eastman taught him to good use by training a young apprentice from the Kingdom the art of Aikido. Except this time he allows the student to choose his own path. It seems that Morgan learned from his mistake after forcing his philosophy on the Wolf last season. Morgan admitting to Ben that he’s struggling with his philosophy b/c he knows it’s flawed was interesting. He still hasn’t found a middle ground. Looks like he won't be returning to the ASZ b/c he seems to have found his purpose at the Kingdom.Honestly he fits right in the Kingdom more than any other community, imo. "The Well" showed some interesting character growth from Morgan, imo.


Last edited by Elevator Man; 10-31-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:46 PM   #89
NotNickFury
Side-Kick
 
NotNickFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SHIELD offsite
Posts: 5,212
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Morgan is finally able to put what Eastman taught him to good use by training a young apprentice from the Kingdom the art of Aikido. Except this time he allows the student to choose his own path. It seems that Morgan learned from his mistake after forcing his philosophy on the Wolf last season. Morgan admitting to Ben that he’s struggling with his philosophy b/c he knows it’s flawed was interesting. He still hasn’t found a middle ground. Looks like he won't be returning to the ASZ b/c he seems to have found his purpose at the Kingdom.Honestly he fits right in the Kingdom more than any other community, imo. "The Well" showed some interesting character growth from Morgan, imo.
Agree with all of that. And it helps that unlike the people of Alexandria, the people of the Kingdom may have the will to fight, but that doesn't necessarily mean that, like Morgan, they want to fight. And like Ezekiel said, their desire to fight is dwarfed by the Saviors' strength.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:08 PM   #90
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 35,516
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Starting to like Morgan again after going off him last season a bit.

__________________
2018 movie ratings out of 10:

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 01:10 PM   #91
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Morgan is the newest playable character in The Walking Dead: No Man's Land! Find out more about the official mobile game of #TWD: http://getnomansland.com/


Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:55 PM   #92
scarlet-witch
Hands off.
 
scarlet-witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sokovia
Posts: 3,883
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Starting to like Morgan again after going off him last season a bit.
Same. I hated what they did with him in S6.

__________________
We're here to fight. If you stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
scarlet-witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:13 PM   #93
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Well Morgan haters wanted Clear Morgan back. Be careful what you wish for. Seeing Morgan relapse into Clear Morgan in “Bury Me Here” was like watching a recovering alcoholic/junkie falling back into his addiction habit. It was heartbreaking to watch, b/c I didn't mind pacifist Morgan. The character deserved peace after all he lost to survive. He both struggled and found peace with Eastman's philosophy. Now he's "clearing" again, which will probably end up getting him killed.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:14 AM   #94
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 765
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Well Morgan haters wanted Clear Morgan back. Be careful what you wish for. Seeing Morgan relapse into Clear Morgan in “Bury Me Here” was like watching a recovering alcoholic/junkie falling back into his addiction habit. It was heartbreaking to watch, b/c I didn't mind pacifist Morgan. The character deserved peace after all he lost to survive. He both struggled and found peace with Eastman's philosophy. Now he's "clearing" again, which will probably end up getting him killed.
He's starting to become one of my favorite characters on the show. That episode was nuts, seeing him lose his mind. I thought he was going to kill himself.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:04 AM   #95
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off
 
Iron_Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Avengers Facility
Posts: 7,240
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Well Morgan haters wanted Clear Morgan back. Be careful what you wish for. Seeing Morgan relapse into Clear Morgan in “Bury Me Here” was like watching a recovering alcoholic/junkie falling back into his addiction habit. It was heartbreaking to watch, b/c I didn't mind pacifist Morgan. The character deserved peace after all he lost to survive. He both struggled and found peace with Eastman's philosophy. Now he's "clearing" again, which will probably end up getting him killed.
I doubt he's going to get killed.

That said, last night was a great episode. Morgan was great.

__________________
AVENGERS: Infinity War
April 27, 2018
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #96
NotNickFury
Side-Kick
 
NotNickFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SHIELD offsite
Posts: 5,212
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
I doubt he's going to get killed.

That said, last night was a great episode. Morgan was great.
On that, surprised there was no thread for yesterday's episode.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #97
OB12
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,551
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Morgan's character got a lot of flack over the last season and half, but last night's episode was all the more satisfying because of it. Loved watching Lennie just own the episode as Morgan struggled to not fall back into his broken state. What a great journey this character has been on.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:53 PM   #98
Sawyer
High King
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 98,192
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Yeah, I feel like this was a rather fruitful episode in a sizable string of meh.

Oh, Eugene will readily go along with Negan's way of the world if it means his survival? I'm shocked.
The Sanctuary is a s***ty place to live and even Dwight is starting to crack? Didn't see that one coming.
Michonne was about to shut down when she thought she lost someone she loved, but Rick gave her an inspiring speech to help turn her around? That's a new one!

But what they did last night with what Carol and Morgan had both been carrying around with them for a better part of the last two seasons? That was well done to me.

__________________
https://twitter.com/HIGHzurrer/statu...05636392116224
Quote:
Eric Heisserer
@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:20 PM   #99
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

The Walking Dead showrunner on the 'tragedy' of Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
SPOILER ALERT: Read only if you have already watched Sunday’s episode of The Walking Dead, “Bury Me Here.”

Sorry, Eastman. All that “every life is precious” mumbo-jumbo you fed Morgan when you had him in your cabin cell? Well, your pupil basically just spent hours sharpening his stick so he could stab it right the face. That’s right: Morgan is back to his killing ways, and not just in an I-have-to-do-it-to-protect-Carol sort of way.

This time, Morgan straight-up murdered duplicitous Kingdom fighter Richard after Richard’s plan to steal a cantaloupe to get himself killed and thereby force Ezekiel into action went awry when the Saviors shot and killed Benjamin instead. Uncovering the ruse, Morgan confronted Richard with his words, and then later with his stick and his hands — choking the life out of his former ally before then using Richard’s words to force the Saviors into a false sense of security so he could then later kill them all “one by one.” (Hey, if you’re going to start killing, may as well not half-ass it!)

We spoke to showrunner Scott M. Gimple — who also wrote this episode — to get his take on Morgan’s big moment, as well as what the aftershocks mean for Carol. (Also make sure to read our episode Q&A with the man who plays Morgan, Lennie James.)

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So, you’re the Morgan guy, and have written all the big Morgan episodes going all the way back to “Clear.” Is it because you wrote “Clear” that you feel like, okay, I should see this guy through? I can’t imagine it’s coincidence that it’s worked out that way.
SCOTT M. GIMPLE:
It’s kind of funny. I mean, I loved writing “Clear,” and I loved the pilot of this show and the start of Morgan’s story. And I guess I do wind up writing the episodes. With Morgan’s return, I had to do a lot of work. I had to schedule basically everything that happened in season 6, I had to figure out before the start of season 5. And that even probably led me toward thinking about the future. I think about all of the characters a great deal, but for whatever reason, I’ve been like a season ahead on Morgan for a while. So it just winds up that I get these stories that are stuck in my head for so long that I just want to do them. It’s been very satisfying.

This episode, in particular, was in the middle of a great deal of chaos. People were telling me that it was not a good idea for me to write an episode near the end of the season, which may or may not have been true. It was a lot of really late nights and stolen hours, but it’s definitely on the spectrum of fan fiction where I’m doing it just to do it because I love doing it.

So what’s the next step for him? We see him taking down a bunch of zombies with anger, not mercy. He says he’s going to kill, we see him sharpening that stick at the very end. Where’s he at now and what does it mean going forward?
I would just take the imagery and what he says. He says he’s going to kill them one by one and we see him sharpening that stick, which is very tragic for that character in a lot of ways. I don’t know if everybody will look at it that way either. Some people might think it’s not a tragedy at all, but for a person who’s found peace through peace, who had that stick that was sharpened and he was walking through the woods with it occasionally killing people and to be freed of that, now to be right back in that position — I think that’s tragedy.

I agree, but it will be interesting to see what other people think because some may say, “Yeah, about damn time! Morgan’s a badass again!”
I mean, they needed him now more than ever, but he’s already paying the cost. It’s already hurting him and I think that’s just so sad for that character. I think Lennie’s performance, at the end of the scene after the Saviors have left and he killed Ezekiel and he just killed Richard, and when he gets Benjamin’s name wrong and he stumbles over Duane — you know, that’s a line that I would certainly worry about. It’s pretty direct, and then when I saw how he played it, I was blown away.

Your opinion: good move or bad move to tell Carol what really happened?
I think that’s on the tragic scale. I don’t think that’s him being sweet or nice, but I think it’s him sort of looking at the world as a dark and brutal place and telling the truth to someone who’s asking for the dark and brutal truth. It feels like there’s almost a little hostility to it, and yet Carol extends something to him that’s kind of what Ezekiel said to her: “You can go, we can all go, or you don’t have to go.” It gives him that place, which is not pretty. He’s still isolating himself, but it’s not him going off in the woods and being completely away forever. I love their relationship and how their lives have turned and I don’t think that’s the end of their relationship, but to see that turn from the very first episode you saw them in the Kingdom in episode 2, it was satisfying to see that. It was satisfying to do that. It was something we got excited about.

And Carol is all-in now, right?
She is, and she has to be. There is no choice for her, and that’s something that Daryl knew — that as soon as he said to her what really happened she would be put into action, and that’s why he didn’t say anything. And I think Morgan said it because he wants her in action because he wants these people gone. He wants these people to pay, and he knows that Carol is not to be trifled with.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:56 PM   #100
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,724
Default Re: "Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

The Walking Dead: 'Fight With Us' Sneak Peek Season Finale
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


Poor Morgan. I hope Ezekiel comes through to him. I'm worried about Morgan's fate and the path he seems to be headed in.

With this episode being the season finale hopefully we get to see Shiva in action b/c we haven't for most of the season. I like to see them take out Gavin's group (particularly the troublemaker who killed Benjamin). Sadly I have a feeling we won't and instead they'll probably just show up at the ASZ ready to join Rick during the climax.

Also it's cool to see Carol back in action. Compared to Morgan atm she seems to have found a middle ground with her PTSD. She also doesn't want to be left alone anymore but wants to protect the Kingdom and her family (Rick and co.) from the Saviors. Normally in these situations she takes matters into her own hands but instead she's following Ezekiel's lead. Which is also interesting b/c normally she'd follow Rick's. She and Morgan looked tight with that body armor. It seems to symbolize that the Kingdom is their new home.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.