The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 01-17-2017, 03:37 AM   #276
Adder
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who is Miscast in this cinematic universe?

everyone except cavil

Adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:15 PM   #277
Luke234
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCaliboy View Post
I for one, didn't have the same problems you had with him, but I do agree the praise he gets does seem way overblown. I buy him as an older bats and was intrigued at seeing him portrayed differently on screen- so it was a fresh take, but to proclaim him as the greatest Batman of all time- I'm just not there yet. I honestly think time helps to really shape opinions and the more we see of him the better we'll be able to really judge him against the others who have played Bats.

I"m excited to see where Ben goes with the character but I wonder for people who have a problem w/the main characters how that shapes your viewing experience. Lex was my main problem character and he single handedly brought down the entire movie to me. I can't imagine someone feeling the way I felt about him for one of the main 3 (Supes, Bats, WW)- that must suck. Hopefully it's not too distracting for you and u still can enjoy the movies.
Greatest Batman ever or Razzie award? Lol

Luke234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:05 PM   #278
NHawk19
insert witty comment

Lex as a whiny weird 14 year old is way off.
Joker is well i'm not even sure what kind of pimp-esque character he was but that wasn't Joker.

With WB what I can't understand is how their animation department got it so right at times with the whole B:TAS and JL Series, and Batman Beyond but now with the live action universe they stink on ice.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:34 PM   #279
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Amy Adams is the only one I really have an issue with so far. She really, really jars with me every time I see her. I haven't seen enough of Miller's Flash to judge yet. As for Eisenberg, he's playing Alexander Luthor isn't he? So it's hard for me to judge that one.

Milk Tray Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #280
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Where does this idea that Eisenberg is playing Alexander Luthor come from?

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:26 PM   #281
Jekecy
Side-Kick

'Alexander Luthor' has been established as the full name for Lex in previous iterations.

But since there are technically two Lex's as per BvS, they could conceivably retcon in a more traditional Lex if deemed necessary.

Jekecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:28 AM   #282
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Lex Luthor Snr is dead in this world. Lex confirms it when he mentions he's an orphan to the Senator.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #283
NHawk19
insert witty comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Where does this idea that Eisenberg is playing Alexander Luthor come from?
When we're introduced to him, Lex comes out and says his dad is the "Lex" in front of the Corp. They also have his dads room, and yup the mention of being an orphan to the senator.

So yeah technically if they do a "Flashpoint" thing they could bring in a more traditional Lex and make Eisenberg go away.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:22 AM   #284
PeterBenParker
Wallopin' Websnappers!

Supes and Luthor, I'd say -- especially Luthor.

#SpiderManPS4Hype
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:59 AM   #285
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post
Amy Adams is the only one I really have an issue with so far. She really, really jars with me every time I see her. I haven't seen enough of Miller's Flash to judge yet. As for Eisenberg, he's playing Alexander Luthor isn't he? So it's hard for me to judge that one.
Yay finally someone else who is irritated by Amy in these movies.

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson

MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:50 PM   #286
shauner111
Side-Kick

It's not necessarily her fault. It's the direction. Maybe she's just wrong for the role though. Lizzy Caplan would have been perfection as Lois, and it's not too late to get her in on some reboot.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:51 PM   #287
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHawk19 View Post
When we're introduced to him, Lex comes out and says his dad is the "Lex" in front of the Corp. They also have his dads room, and yup the mention of being an orphan to the senator.

So yeah technically if they do a "Flashpoint" thing they could bring in a more traditional Lex and make Eisenberg go away.
Then why bother shaving his head?

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
Old 02-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #288
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

Jessie Eisenberg is the big one. Also, Amy Adams as Lois Lane.

Scarlet Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:25 PM   #289
shauner111
Side-Kick

You're setting yourselves up for disappointment if you're expecting Jesse to be the son of the real Lex. And if he is, you're still setting yourselves up because they're not going to show him in any significant "Lex Luthor" type of role. They won't cast him.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:13 AM   #290
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Most of the actors are salvageable with better material except for Eisenberg. I thought he was the wrong choice from the beginning.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote