The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 06-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #101
Sara Lance
Side-Kick

Default Re: How would you have changed the plot in BvS?

1. Instead of random employee dying it should have been Dick. A boy he regards as his son dying right in front of him would be a much more believable motivation for Bruce's obsession instead of random visions and an elaborate conspiracy he is too dumb to see

2. No Clarke Kent. No b.s glasses making him invisible. Superman has to hide every moment of his life because every person on the planet knows his face. His only anchors to the world are Lois and his mother. He see him being more and more withdrawn from humanity. Isolated

3. We see Superman making mistakes. We see him taking down dictators which causes chaos that kills thousands, we see him put out a fire, we see him destroying priceless holy places by trying to stop conflicts in the Middle East and so on so on. Absolutely normal and often unpredictable consequences of his actions but once that result in both incredibly positive and quite bad things. Superman as a figure that can credibly be interpreted as both good and bad depending on what you pay attention to

4. Wonder Woman staying in the background and observing the heroes. She starts with Superman then goes to Batman and monitors his fights, then we see her looking at at Flash in action, sneaking into the lab with Cyborg and finally we have here talking with Aquaman royalty to royalty and telling him that _insert person_ has said that there is darkness approaching Earth and they need to be ready. This would have worked better for me instead of Flash visions and we would get to see more of the League

5.Lex Luther as a coldblooded, brilliant and authoritative person instead of..whatever we got in BTVS. Played by somebody can inspire respect like say Idris Elba. A Lex Luthor who doesn't care about petty crimes but is only interested in pure knowledge. He is obsessed by it

6. Doomsday being a long term project of the government instead of a spur of the moment thing. Lex accidentally releasing him while trying to steal Krypton technology

7. Doomsday along with the Krypton ships being stored in a far away military base. Something like the SHIELD base that got destroyed by the Tesseract. That's where the battle should be and it should be during the day with a much better designed Doomsday

8. Bruce knowing who Superman is and who he loves because he is the worlds best goddamn detective. Uses a recording of Clarke's mother to lure him into a trap. Defeats him after a minor battle but instead of trying to kill him he locks him in a red sun prison in the batcave. Because Batman doesn't kill unless he has absolutely no other choice and here he does

9. Doomsday gets free. Is in the process of wrecking the military base when Wonder Woman confronts him. Batman also tries to engage him. Bat realizes they need to Superman and has Alfred free him

10. Long, visible and well choreographed fight. No krypton spear just pure exhausting fight that ends with Superman holding Doomsday while Diana stabs him in the brain. Batman stays on the sides,helps civilians and occasionally comes up with strategies because he has no place in this kind of a fight

11. No dead Superman. We all know he is coming back anyway. Instead we get a bonding scene with Superman feeling like he has found someone new to confide in, Batman finally dealing with his anger issues and Wonder Woman seeing hope in these new warriors

12. After credit scene we see Lex with the technology he stole. We see that it's a piece of Brainiac

Sara Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:03 PM   #102
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

^^^ You put a lot of thought into it, and some great ideas. I do think I woulda liked to see more of a Lex like you're talking about, but with a dash of Eisenberg's Lex, not for comedic effect, but I like the concept of a Lex who is a bit scatter brained, all over the place, manic, volatile, unpredictable, it makes for a more frightening villain. I think Daniel Day Lewis coulda pulled it off pretty damn well.

wnjcwjkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:51 PM   #103
Sara Lance
Side-Kick

I can see the charm in a Lex that combines absolute control and strategy in one sphere and a bit of scatter brain and mania over the place. Ice in the board room, fire in the lab

Old 06-16-2016, 01:33 AM   #104
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

I think the unpredictability and volatility would make for a really compelling villain, on the level of Heath Ledger's Joker where you never quite know what he's going to do, so your eyes stay glued to him when he's onscreen. I think that makes for a more intriguing take on the character than just the ruthless, cold, calculating Lex of the comic and series. BvS's Luthor was interesting, but I don't feel Eisenburg was the best possible choice.

If they did go with the cold businessman approach, a perfect template for the character would have been Marlo Stanfield from HBO's The Wire. He was compelling, he keeps you on edge the entire time he's onscreen. He's not physically imposing, but he's scary as hell. He was cold and ruthless, didn't say much or act very animated at all, but he would give you a shiver up your spine with just a look. And he was so narcissistic, any time his reputation was called into question, he could explode into a rage. Couple examples:

These might not be as good out of context of the series, but if you haven't seen The Wire, drop everything and watch it now lol

Marlo taking it to the streets: https://youtu.be/q2kWBB7k11Q

Marlo holding a meeting in jail: https://youtu.be/T0K-tfJLiFE

1:50 "Close ya eyes": https://youtu.be/vW5K8E1Wkew

Old 06-16-2016, 06:03 AM   #105
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

My changes would be simple:

1) No Lex Luthor. He was superfluous to the plot. I would have written Doomsday as a fetus taken from Bertron and stored on Zod's ship. The ship would have had mechanisms designed to bring Doomsday to maturity as a retaliatory measure, once the ship's energy supply was depleted to the point of no longer being able to power up again.

2) No Wonder Woman, at least in the poorly written form that we saw in BvS. I would have shown a brief scene of her in Themyscira, after the credits, completing an argument where she convinces Hippolyta that Earth is now inhabited by beings powerful enough to warrant Amazonian intervention.

3) Batman wouldn't have tried to kill Superman, but instead he would have incapacitated him and tried send him off the planet in the downed ship. This would have been a failed attempt that initiated the Doomsday protocol. Batman would have tried to stop the creature, to no avail, of course. I would have had a similar moment where Batman thinks Doomsday is about to kill him, but instead of Wonder Woman intervening, Superman would have risen from unconsciousness, ala the Christological parallel, to save Batman.

"We will eat both of your arms and then both of your legs. Then we will eat your face right off your head. You will be this armless, legless, faceless thing, won't you? Rolling down the street...like a turd...in the wind." --Venom

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Last edited by Lantern Venom; 06-16-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Lantern Venom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:50 PM   #106
Sara Lance
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjcwjkk View Post
I think the unpredictability and volatility would make for a really compelling villain, on the level of Heath Ledger's Joker where you never quite know what he's going to do, so your eyes stay glued to him when he's onscreen. I think that makes for a more intriguing take on the character than just the ruthless, cold, calculating Lex of the comic and series. BvS's Luthor was interesting, but I don't feel Eisenburg was the best possible choice.

If they did go with the cold businessman approach, a perfect template for the character would have been Marlo Stanfield from HBO's The Wire. He was compelling, he keeps you on edge the entire time he's onscreen. He's not physically imposing, but he's scary as hell. He was cold and ruthless, didn't say much or act very animated at all, but he would give you a shiver up your spine with just a look. And he was so narcissistic, any time his reputation was called into question, he could explode into a rage. Couple examples:

These might not be as good out of context of the series, but if you haven't seen The Wire, drop everything and watch it now lol

Marlo taking it to the streets: https://youtu.be/q2kWBB7k11Q

Marlo holding a meeting in jail: https://youtu.be/T0K-tfJLiFE

1:50 "Close ya eyes": https://youtu.be/vW5K8E1Wkew
I know I am gonna get eaten alive for this but honestly I really wasn't very impressed by Heath Ledger's joker. His schtick got dull for me rather quickly
I personally would prefer a Lex who is in complete control. Who like always has a contingency for every thing. Who's whole life is one big Xanatos gambit. With him taking unccesary risks only when he sees valauble knwoledge

Haven't watched the Wire. It's defiantly on my list. I have heard so many great things about

. But this sounds like a great character. He reminds me of Elias from Person of Interest. Also a show I highly recommend it. He was played by the great Enrico Colantoni (he played Veronica Mars's dad) and he was very impressive. He also wasn't physically imposing and in fact gave you a charming, kind first impression that oozes intelligence. And with the same smile and kind wise words he would have you and your entire family killed. He always thought several moves ahead and even when he was cornered he always maintained his dignity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6FcO25ll8U

Old 06-18-2016, 07:59 PM   #107
Vaibow
Side-Kick

I would have Lex seen only on billboards or on background monitors - he is political. He can wade in to the Superman argument but thats all.

Clark is investigating Batman - it peaks an interest in him as Clark feels they are polar opposites. Bruce is aware but not worried, he knows Clark, a reporter can't do anything.

What Bruce has been doing though, is collaborating with Luthor to use the kryptonian tech as a deterrent.

Metallo be the big bad, a prototype of an army of super powered humans.

Anyways, needless to say, we could all come up with better ideas...

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:24 PM   #108
Doctor Octopus
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Lance View Post
1. Instead of random employee dying it should have been Dick. A boy he regards as his son dying right in front of him would be a much more believable motivation for Bruce's obsession instead of random visions and an elaborate conspiracy he is too dumb to see

2. No Clarke Kent. No b.s glasses making him invisible. Superman has to hide every moment of his life because every person on the planet knows his face. His only anchors to the world are Lois and his mother. He see him being more and more withdrawn from humanity. Isolated

3. We see Superman making mistakes. We see him taking down dictators which causes chaos that kills thousands, we see him put out a fire, we see him destroying priceless holy places by trying to stop conflicts in the Middle East and so on so on. Absolutely normal and often unpredictable consequences of his actions but once that result in both incredibly positive and quite bad things. Superman as a figure that can credibly be interpreted as both good and bad depending on what you pay attention to

4. Wonder Woman staying in the background and observing the heroes. She starts with Superman then goes to Batman and monitors his fights, then we see her looking at at Flash in action, sneaking into the lab with Cyborg and finally we have here talking with Aquaman royalty to royalty and telling him that _insert person_ has said that there is darkness approaching Earth and they need to be ready. This would have worked better for me instead of Flash visions and we would get to see more of the League

5.Lex Luther as a coldblooded, brilliant and authoritative person instead of..whatever we got in BTVS. Played by somebody can inspire respect like say Idris Elba. A Lex Luthor who doesn't care about petty crimes but is only interested in pure knowledge. He is obsessed by it

6. Doomsday being a long term project of the government instead of a spur of the moment thing. Lex accidentally releasing him while trying to steal Krypton technology

7. Doomsday along with the Krypton ships being stored in a far away military base. Something like the SHIELD base that got destroyed by the Tesseract. That's where the battle should be and it should be during the day with a much better designed Doomsday

8. Bruce knowing who Superman is and who he loves because he is the worlds best goddamn detective. Uses a recording of Clarke's mother to lure him into a trap. Defeats him after a minor battle but instead of trying to kill him he locks him in a red sun prison in the batcave. Because Batman doesn't kill unless he has absolutely no other choice and here he does

9. Doomsday gets free. Is in the process of wrecking the military base when Wonder Woman confronts him. Batman also tries to engage him. Bat realizes they need to Superman and has Alfred free him

10. Long, visible and well choreographed fight. No krypton spear just pure exhausting fight that ends with Superman holding Doomsday while Diana stabs him in the brain. Batman stays on the sides,helps civilians and occasionally comes up with strategies because he has no place in this kind of a fight

11. No dead Superman. We all know he is coming back anyway. Instead we get a bonding scene with Superman feeling like he has found someone new to confide in, Batman finally dealing with his anger issues and Wonder Woman seeing hope in these new warriors

12. After credit scene we see Lex with the technology he stole. We see that it's a piece of Brainiac
This a good list of changes. Agree with most of these.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:58 AM   #109
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

Opening montage is of both Clark and Bruce's childhood. The shot of Bruce being carried up by Bats is mirrored with young Clark actually floating for the first time.

Title card

ACT1

First present day scene is of a disaster and Supes saving the day with the new Supes theme behind them.

Meanwhile, Bats is in the dark cave watching the event on the news. He has brief obscure flashbacks to the metropolis battle, but it's cut off when he's alerted to a crime in the city. He saves a lady from a criminal and afterward starts violently beating this criminal. His strikes are intercut to brief flashes of someone (Robin) being beaten, laughter, a smile, etc. The lady is horrified. She's from Metropolis (which isn't just across the bay) and she's never heard of the Batman before.

At the Daily Planet, Clark hears a lady come in trying to tell her story about the Bat vigilante since the Gotham Gazette won't listen to her. Clark listens in wondering why he's never heard of this vigilante. He decides to journey to Gotham to investigate. Lois is also going to Gotham for an assignment on the Luthor/Wayne partnership gala.

Meanwhile, it's almost the one-year anniversary of the Metropolis event. Bruce watches a talk show about it. At night he has the "Knightmare" (or the full flashback to the Metropolis incident).

After some investigation and interviews with Gothamites alongside Lois (some of which he hilariously shows his true naive Smallville colors), Clark discovers that the authorities, the press, the mayor, etc, have all been lying, sabotaging evidence, etc, in order to protect their necessary evil from the higher external authorities. Clark can't support this. He's supposed to show people a better way. Lois is more realistic. They argue. In a flirtatious way at first, but eventually, Lois suggests that maybe Clark is frustrated about some of the Superman backlash cropping up.

At the gala, Lex makes a convincing subtly anti-Superman speech, reminding folk of what happened one year ago. He says that Bruce is the real superman. Bruce and Diana dance. So do Clark and Lois.

Bruce steals the kryptonite at Lexcorp, violently attacking several guards to do so and makes off in the Batmobile. Supes arrives at the scene later, appalled at what he sees and tracks down the Batmobile, lifting it in the air, TDKR style, but he flies off when there's something happening in the middle east, so he just rips off the front wheels and flies off. A photographer (Jimmy) is able to snap footage of the Batmobile, and takes it to the planet, earning him a job. We see a brief montage of people watching the news report. One of these people is a pale man in a mental institute. We only see his green hair and his smile.

ACT2

The event that Supes got involved in ends up causing an international incident. Kandaq/US relations are on the rocks. There's a hearing which is bombed. The US denounces ties to Superman, calling him a vigilante. Supes can't believe it.

Lois suggests he lays low but Supes can't do that when there's an actual vigilante out there. Their relationship becomes strained.

Training / parental guidance montage.

Bats/Supes fight. Supes has the opportunity to kill Bats, but doesn't, trying to show him that he's not some monster. Bats exploits' this moment to knock out Supes (perhaps with the help of another mysterious archer vigilante from afar). Cut to black.

Quick voiceover memories from Jor El/Jonathan. Supes suddenly wakes up in the Batcave, chained up. He and Bats talk. Bats knows his identity. Supes peaks under Bruce's cowl, freaking him out. Bats says he's going to spend the rest of his life here and leaves. He tells Alfred how he's got "the alien chained up in the basement".

Meanwhile the world is reacting to Supes' absence. Some are saying that it's for the better (especially in the midst of this US/Kandaq thing). Some think he's abandoned them. Some defend him.

ACT3

Lois follows a lead on Lex, breaking into Lexcorp and discovers Superman floating in a chamber. Or at least someone that looks like Superman. She discovers that it's a programmable clone that Lex plans to unleash on Metropolis so he can save the day (in an armor similar to the Bat armor), but when he unleashes it, the clone quickly physically disintegrates and violently starts destroying Lexcorp. It uses its fire breath to set it ablaze. Lex checks the chamber to find that the chemicals have been tampered with. He finds a Joker card. Lex isn't laughing.

Meanwhile Alfred has gone into the cave to free Supes, and he helps him out the waterfall entrance. Before Supes flies off, he explains to Supes Bruce's history, trying to get him to understand.

Supes and Bats both arrive at the scene (separately), and Supes deals with Bizarro in a calm manner, which Bats notices, but it suddenly devolves further (Doomsday).

Bats selflessly saves a bunch of people, which Supes takes notice of. Bats is saved by a mysterious warrior lady, which initially freaks him out. Supes sacrifices himself with Bats' kryptonite to kill Doomsday. Bats acknowledges Diana as an ally, not a threat.

Denouement

The world witnesses what Supes did. Doubters from earlier in the movie are moved, ashamed. One of them is one of the people carrying the coffin.

After the funeral, in the middle of the night, Bats shows up to say what he has to say. When he leaves, Alfred notifies him that the Batsuit is picking up a strange sound wave. After playing it back at 200% then 500% speed, Bruce can't believe it.

Ending montage shows Alfred taking down the Robin suit while Bruce is standing in front a long-haired figure floating in a pool of liquid. Lois is in her apartment writing a piece on Supes, when she receives a knock at the door. There's trouble on the streets of Metropolis. Lois answers the door and drops her mug of coffee. A familiar silhouette emerges in front of the sun, coming closer and clearer. Perry looks out his window smiling in awe and disbelief.

Clark's eye opens. He's in his bed in Smallville. Martha is at the foot. After a few comforting words, she turns to the door to reveal the reason why Clark has been brought back into the world. Bruce comes in and the two talk. They each admit their faults. Epic handshake. Bruce reminds Clark that they're not the only ones.

Cut back to the shot of the figure in front of the sun, revealed to be Supes. The camera comes down and down until Supes is flying through the streets. As he banks a corner, from the other side comes the Batwing and Batman shooting out the side of it, grapple gun in hand, the first shot of two flying side by side. The commotion on the street turns out to be the warrior lady from before kicking ass. After finishing up, she turns around to see Bats and Supes side by side. "Time to talk". Final overhead shot of the Trinity facing one another.

After-credits is first Lex/Joker meeting. One of them suggests to form a team of their own.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 06-30-2016 at 07:49 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:38 AM   #110
theBKwhopper
Banned User

Something I would have liked.

Clark doing investigative work, learns about Bruce's parents, notices the name Martha. So, at the end when he say's " You're letting them kill Martha," he knew exactly what he was doing. I feel like it would have added, not only a legitimate reason for him to say the name Martha, but it would have added to his characters investigative ability.

theBKwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:18 AM   #111
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

I wouldn't have hinged the climax on Martha. If they were to point it out, I'd rather it be kept for something more subtle at the end of the movie. Maybe have Bruce meeting Clark's mom at the farm and learning her name makes him smile a little during this sad time. "It's nothing, it's just.....It's a lovely name". Something like that.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:28 AM   #112
Jaxon
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBKwhopper View Post
Something I would have liked.

Clark doing investigative work, learns about Bruce's parents, notices the name Martha. So, at the end when he say's " You're letting them kill Martha," he knew exactly what he was doing. I feel like it would have added, not only a legitimate reason for him to say the name Martha, but it would have added to his characters investigative ability.
That would completely undercut what Superman was doing. He wasn't trying to trick Batman, he would have done that at the start. He simply wanted to tell him that Martha Kent needed him.

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:09 PM   #113
theBKwhopper
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
That would completely undercut what Superman was doing. He wasn't trying to trick Batman, he would have done that at the start. He simply wanted to tell him that Martha Kent needed him.
I wouldn't consider it "tricking," but that's just me. I thought it would be cool. But, I genuinely have no problem with the movie.

theBKwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:47 AM   #114
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

There's so much going on, and a lot of great themes and ideas that I felt could have been fleshed out a little more, with more character development.

So, I wonder how it would have worked had BvS been made into a Two Parter. A lot would need to be changed and added to make it into two films that could stand alone, that audience goers would want to see, and the first Part would need to be very exciting, considering it's the second film and the first pairing of Batman and Superman.

But, I was thinking, split each part into two Acts, so that the beginning you would see a screen that says Act I, then midway through it would transition into Act 2. So the story is effectively cut into 4 Acts, with each Act having its own story arc, kind of an homage to the great event comics and miniseries like Year One, Superman For All Seasons, Dark Knight Returns. Perhaps the first Act focuses a bit more on Batman and his perception of Superman, the second Act focusing on Superman's relationship to humanity. Throughout the film, Batman has these flashes of the Knightmare scenario so that the audience and Wayne are more aware that this is a possible future, though Wayne isn't certain, but I think that might make his motivations and irrational actions against Superman more justified. Around the end of the film, maybe the final scene or the second to last scene, the audience first sees Batman in his battle armor, something he had been developing in case Superman goes rogue, and the eyes light up.

You'd probably have to add another villain and plot line to the film, perhaps Deathstroke was hired by Luthor to frame Batman, and Superman is dealing with an international conflict orchestrated by Luthor, so we get a better picture of how Superman deals with these geopolitical situations, how he's viewed on a global scale. The only problem is, most of the fighting action would have to be done by Batman, if there's no one to physically challenge Supes. But give some really amazing Bat fights, an epic fight between him and Deathstroke, and some good Superman rescue action and people will forgive that.

Then, Part II, the first act starts off with the full Knightmare scenario, which is when he makes up his mind Superman must be stopped. Then it builds up to a bit more epic battle between Bats and Supes, then Superman is too weakened from the Kryptonite so that Batman HAS to be the one that saves Martha. Act IV, of course, would be the epic Doomsday battle that is more visually faithful to the comic, taking place at Dawn, with the whole world watching (maybe the real Jimmy Olsen is filming it), that involves some good civilian rescued by the Trinity, and ends with Superman and Doomsday, with the Kryptonite spear stuck in his chest, slugging it out until the end.

Maybe call it Batman/Superman Part I: The Night Is Darkest and B/S Part II: Dawn Of Justice, or maybe that's too cheesy lol. I think, after having three full films with Superman, his death would have more of an emotional impact on the audience. His character would be better fleshed out, we get more of reporter Clark and dark Bruce and Alfred, Batman being Batman, Lois, maybe they'd have time for actual Jimmy Olsen, give Supermanesque more of a chance to have genuine moments with people when he saves them, so people don't just see him as "mopey" or "emo". There's potential for a lot of awesomeness, maybe we see different cameos for the League, as opposed to the email videos. Change the Martha moment enough so that it still hits the same emotional and psychological notes for Bruce, but in a way the GA is more willing to buy, and has more emotional resonance. A moment like that needs to have a lot more impact. There might even be a little room for a Bat villain like Penguin, or friend, like Nightwing, Gordon, Barbara to have a cameo that further illustrates how Batman has isolated himself since Todd's death, or a Suicide Squad tie in cameo, where Batman captures one of the SS members. I would also, ideally, recast Luthor with somebody who conveys more menace, though I don't necessarily dislike Eisenberg's Lex.

Also, had they planned in advance, and started filming immediately after MoS, they could have released Part I and Part II by this point, and we'd still be on the same track, looking forward to JL and WW now, with a possibly more critically acclaimed DCEU.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:14 AM   #115
batfreakforever
A real fan

The ultimate edition just keeps getting better and better. Truly a great and very misunderstood film.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:50 AM   #116
Batmannerism
Super-unknown

Okay, here's my plan, I'm making it up as I go, so it'll be light on detail.

First, split it into two movies.

Movie 1) Batman v Superman: spend roughly 50% of the film on Batman, 50% on Superman. Give Superman a lot more lines, have him actually make speeches and interact with people when he saves them. Have Superman make a speech at the white house, and people cheer....before Lex blows them all to hell.

Completely recharacterise Lex Luthor, as a slick, smooth talking genius rather than an eccentric nut job.

Have Superman's public popularity on the rise, while Batman is haunted by the destruction during the Kryptonian invasion.

Play on the Clark Kent investigates Batman angle, and have a couple of Clark vs Bruce face to face scenes. Build it up. Also, have Batman's paranoia build slowly (rather than the ridiculous "absolute certainty" speech).

Have some impressive action sequences featuring Batman and Superman separately. Maybe Supes has to deal with some menaces that Luthor creates to test his powers/draw him out.

Have Luthor manipulating things more effectively - he hasn't got the crashed Kryptonian ship (because any half decent writer would know that Superman would not allow that stuff to fall into the wrong hands, and would have moved the ship) but Lex has salvaged enough Krypto-tech to cause problems. Maybe he's got that mind-meld machine, and he's using it to send Batman visions of Superman destroying the world ?

Lex hints at the existence of Kryptonite, and lets it slip to Batman, who steals a small amount - enough to make 1 or 2 weapons, but not enough for the spear (that's for the next film)

Then, finish the film with their confrontation. Have a more understandable reason for the fight. Then, have the fight follow Miller's original plan in the DKR comic, Superman is holding back all the way - and Bats only gets the upper-hand at the end with the Kryptonite - maybe he's prepped a special cell to keep Superman in, where he'll be powerless.

At NO POINT, does Batman ever plan to kill Superman. Instead have a much better reason for them to stop fighting - e.g. they have to stop fighting to take on a bigger menace, like Luthor. Or Superman turns his back or makes himself vulnerable to protect some innocents, which would have given Batman the opportunity to finish him - and Bats comes to his senses.

Also, make the fight at least 10 minutes, not just of fisticuffs but some dialogue - not just ripped straight from Miller. Hell, even if it is, give Superman a chance to reply to some of Batman's accusations.

Anyway, the movie ends with a handshake, and an uneasy truce.

Audiences cheer. Billion dollars in the bank.

MOVIE 2) Death of Superman.

- start with Batman and superman working together on something

- introduce Wonder Woman,

- in the background Luthor creates Doomsday, who escapes.

The trinity fight Doomsday and get beat down. The creature starts destroying cities, but then disappears.

- Batman has to steal the kryptonite from Luthor, enough to make the spear. The plan is that WW will use it to kill DD, while Bats and Supes keep him busy.

- The trinity confront DD again. WW is KO'd and can't use the spear. Superman has no choice but to use the spear himself, and is killed in his kamikaze run against DD.

- ending of film with Bruce and Diana looking at files for JL and vowing to create the team.

- final scene, dirt rising from the coffin.

Okay, that's not great, but it has to be better than the mess that was B v S.
Yes, the ultimate cut is better....but not good enough to salvage the film.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:11 PM   #117
King23DC
Banned User

It's hard to imagine that while reading this thread there is severely worse, and less interesting directions people here would take the movie than the flawed one we already have.

As it stands it would be significantly better with a more competent story teller behind the camera, cut all the massive amounts of cheap nightmare scenes and unnecessary cameo world building. Also, remove WW completely. Have her in the background as Diana exclusively. Maybe throw in a more cool collected Lex Sr like say Bryan Cranston to off set Eisenberg's quirky weirdness of Lex Jr. ... and I think you have the recipe for a much better film with small alterations.

Hold off Doomsday and the Death of Superman storylines for later Justice League movie.

King23DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:16 PM   #118
Batmannerism
Super-unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by King23DC View Post
It's hard to imagine that while reading this thread there is severely worse, and less interesting directions people here would take the movie than the flawed one we already have.
Hey if you have better ideas than the rest of us, why don't you send Geoff Johns your resume and get a job writing the next big DC blockbuster - then we can all appreciate your genius.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:35 PM   #119
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

At the risk of being called a fanboy, I would have changed nothing about the plot. I think it's fine as is. (speaking of the UC, as it's the only version I've watched)

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #120
chintai80
oh hi.

i wished BvS addressed Superman's killing of Zod in MoS.
but instead, it seems like they just brushed that lingering thread aside.
i feel it was something that needed to be a core concern of any story following MoS, because:

- Superman seemed pretty broken up about being forced to take a life - for the first time and one of the last Kryptonians, no less.

- We need to see the repercussions of such an impossible choice placed on our hero.

- And it could've been a good way to develop Superman's no killing rule (he regrets his decision and refuses to take another life ever again)

i'm not a professional writer so what do i know?
but i felt avoiding to address Superman struggling after making his choice to kill Zod was a missed opportunity for good storytelling.
and seemed like a cop out on Snyder's/Goyer's part.
when i started watching BvS, i first thought...so is superman going to refuse to take a life now?

nope. first thing he does is smash a warlord through some walls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Scribe View Post
There is simply no reasoning with a man that has become too erect.
chintai80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #121
the last son
Side-Kick

No batman killing. No dead superman. No wonder woman too

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:28 PM   #122
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I dont know exactly how i wouldve changed the entire plot. But i think something that could've further pushed the world building they were trying to do was instead of lex selling special bullets; Have Lex sell reverse engineered apokalyptian weapons (materialized by a motherbox) to high bidding mercs pretty much introducing/creating Intergang. Have intergang show up in both gotham and Metropolis.

This concerns both batman and superman. Batman who is already highly suspicious of superman makes the mistake of assuming the weapons are kryptonian (due to visual similarities and similar radiation given off by the blast) which adds more fuel to the fire. Batman begins investigating into intergang which ultimately lead him to LexCorp, where he then steals files on LexCorp's experimentation with kryptonite, intergang, and the motherbox, batman then weaponizes kryptonite for an inevitable encounter with superman (not looking for the fight with supes but knows they'll eventually cross paths). Superman/Clark and Lois do the same digging around which confirms their suspicions on Luthor being dirty and they feel the story needs to be heard.

I feel like with that set up we could've had a more balanced plot that wasnt so long and drawn out. It has subtle world building that becomes relevant for JL. And we can avoid having a murderous vindictive batman.

Last edited by Gamma Goliath; 08-15-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Gamma Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #123
Doctor Octopus
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
No batman killing. No dead superman. No wonder woman too
Agreed especially on first two. They worst.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:57 PM   #124
BlZARRO
Banned User

My whole Batman v Superman movie would be centered on the conflict between Batman and Superman. No Doomsday, no Wonder Woman, no Africa sub-plot.

BlZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:11 PM   #125
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

Batman and Superman don't fight, they just think each other is the bad guy before they team up with Lex.
No Superman death.
Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg help fight Doomsday.