The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 04-09-2017, 10:42 PM   #676
Micromind
Nerd foru m dweller

Default Re: New Positivity Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!) - Part 1

Micromind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #677
Micromind
Nerd foru m dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
Didn't know where to post this without causing a ****storm so I figured this as good a place as any.

I can't say I'm right or wrong on this one because it's based on my POV and what I took away from BvS. Art is subjective. People who analyze art walk away from it sometimes coming to same conclusions and at other times at odds when their interpretations don't line up. In other words this is my disclaimer.

I view BvS as a commentary on the contemporary political climate of the United States. Our heroes and villains avatars of ideas and schools of thought. With in Batman I see the Right gone wrong. Angry and fueled by fear and paranoia. Wonder Woman is the Left gone cynical. Apathetic and selfish, disillusioned with the idea of a better world and willing to compromise with complacency. Superman is the American immigrant, the disenfranchised youth, the outsider longing to make their home a better place whose optimism and hopes are constantly dashed by anger, fear, paranoia, apathy, selfishness, and complaceny all brought on by Lex Luthor who is an avatar or the malleable media, the oligarchy, unchecked and unbalanced captialism. And Doomsday is terrorism.

Like I said that's just my POV and why I think Snyder made a brilliant movie. Even if that's not what he was going for the fact that I could easily reach these conclusions is a testament to his prowess as a filmmaker.

Peace
Agreed.

My favorite post in this thread !

Old 04-09-2017, 11:00 PM   #678
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post

lois pic background is a bit weird...
btw, why these pics came out a year after the movie???

sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:56 AM   #679
Micromind
Nerd foru m dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
lois pic background is a bit weird...
Same background as in this pic..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
btw, why these pics came out a year after the movie???

The world was not ready for them.

Last edited by Micromind; 04-10-2017 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:59 AM   #680
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
Didn't know where to post this without causing a ****storm so I figured this as good a place as any.

I can't say I'm right or wrong on this one because it's based on my POV and what I took away from BvS. Art is subjective. People who analyze art walk away from it sometimes coming to same conclusions and at other times at odds when their interpretations don't line up. In other words this is my disclaimer.

I view BvS as a commentary on the contemporary political climate of the United States. Our heroes and villains avatars of ideas and schools of thought. With in Batman I see the Right gone wrong. Angry and fueled by fear and paranoia. Wonder Woman is the Left gone cynical. Apathetic and selfish, disillusioned with the idea of a better world and willing to compromise with complacency. Superman is the American immigrant, the disenfranchised youth, the outsider longing to make their home a better place whose optimism and hopes are constantly dashed by anger, fear, paranoia, apathy, selfishness, and complaceny all brought on by Lex Luthor who is an avatar or the malleable media, the oligarchy, unchecked and unbalanced captialism. And Doomsday is terrorism.

Like I said that's just my POV and why I think Snyder made a brilliant movie. Even if that's not what he was going for the fact that I could easily reach these conclusions is a testament to his prowess as a filmmaker.

Peace
I said this in another thread a while back, about how Bruce's anger and hatred towards Superman is exactly how bigoted racist people judge and hate immigrants. Think about it. Superman is the alien immigrant here. He had radical countrymen(Zod and co). Because of their actions, he a moderate, is also considered a threat(Terroist). Despite that going against logic and reason, its whats happening in america today. Then there's the parallel between Superman and nukes.

There's a lot of things to dig into this film, if you're willing to dig.

idiot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:02 AM   #681
Micromind
Nerd foru m dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post
I said this in another thread a while back, about how Bruce's anger and hatred towards Superman is exactly how bigoted racist people judge and hate immigrants. Think about it. Superman is the alien immigrant here. He had radical countrymen(Zod and co). Because of their actions, he a moderate, is also considered a threat(Terroist). Despite that going against logic and reason, its whats happening in america today. Then there's the parallel between Superman and nukes.

There's a lot of things to dig into this film, if you're willing to dig.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:13 AM   #682
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Yes, if you don't dig, all you can see is dirt. But if you do, it could change your life.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:29 AM   #683
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I don't think Batman's anger towards Superman has anything to do with immigration commentary. I saw him being upset that man (humans) were no longer the top dogs because this alien god showed up. In addition Batman had no way to control or combat the situation and he's a stickler for trying to control chaos. This leads into him wanting to kill Supes because he only sees the chaos he brings : Black0, Senate, Africa

But I am so on board with the idea that BvS was a reflection on our culture; I don't know if it is just American culture, but when Bruce says to Diana: "Men are still good. We fight. We kill. We betray one another. But we can rebuild. We can do better. We will. We have to."
I immediately connected to the bombing of Japan in 1945 by the US.

MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:34 AM   #684
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:

Peace
I don't know what he was going for either but that's a pretty insightful and thoughtful interpretation. I like with your theory that hitting Dommsday just makes him tougher.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:35 AM   #685
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleiek View Post
Yes, if you don't dig, all you can see is dirt. But if you do, it could change your life.

I REALLY like that. Well said.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:42 AM   #686
Ultimate Movie-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:

Peace
No this is spot on, and one of the reasons people reacted so viciously against it, because it's attacking core beliefs of EVERYONE. It's ABSOLUTELY about the political climate and it's insane.

For like-minded and equally critically-reviled political commentary, watch Southland Tales.

Ultimate Movie-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:43 AM   #687
Ultimate Movie-Man
Side-Kick

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but the Justice League Universe Podcast is really good I've just discovered it and they're literally going through BvS scene by scene and analysing it and discussing it, they have an anniversary episode which was actually the first episode I listened to, agreeing with a lot and seeing a few new perspectives I didn't consider before.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #688
Micromind
Nerd foru m dweller

Awesome parallels between MoS and BvS.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTMM6YrlBEz/

Superman is sad and angry at Zod's death, sad because he lost the only remaining connection to his planet, angry because he was forced to kill Zod, by Zod himself who started to act like a madman.

Kal El was upset that Zod killed his father, now after he killed Zod, he too, has become not too different than the man he once despised, which made him scream in anger and disgust.

Batman realizes how he was about to become another Joe Chill, who killed his parents, how he was going to be responsible for the deaths of Superman and Martha Kent, which made him throw away Kryptonite spear in anger and disgust.

Last edited by Micromind; 04-22-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:02 PM   #689
the last son
Side-Kick

I really enjoyed the soundtrack. Especially this is my world

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:57 AM   #690
Ultimate Movie-Man
Side-Kick

Is She With You and The Red Capes Are Coming are my favourites on the soundtrack.

Old 05-20-2017, 03:10 PM   #691
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Watched the movie again with WW coming up. I still enjoy it more every time I watch it and still really like the movie.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:22 AM   #692
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Watched the movie again with WW coming up. I still enjoy it more every time I watch it and still really like the movie.

As do I. I watched both MOS and BvS before I went and saw Wonder Woman.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:50 AM   #693
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
As do I. I watched both MOS and BvS before I went and saw Wonder Woman.
I didn't get the chance with MOS unfortunately. Was going on holiday the next day and only had time for one of them. Went for BvS as that is the most relevant to WW.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:47 AM   #694
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Movie-Man View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but the Justice League Universe Podcast is really good I've just discovered it and they're literally going through BvS scene by scene and analysing it and discussing it, they have an anniversary episode which was actually the first episode I listened to, agreeing with a lot and seeing a few new perspectives I didn't consider before.
Is this on YouTube, there's another guy, Sam Otten I think, who analyzes all the DC movie scenes as well, he just started with WW.

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson

MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:59 PM   #695
jasontodd
Superhero Enthusiast

I'm going to have to post some of my Batman V Superman archive of positivity here, when I get the chance.

That's how it starts...
Long Live Spectacular Spider - Man!!!!
jasontodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:22 PM   #696
kguillou
Side-Kick

Glad these threads are still alive. I unequivocally love this movie, especially in light of JL. The more I rewatch this the more I think its close to masterpiece.

1) AVENGERS: Infinity War 2) The BLACK PANTHER 3) Mission Impossible: Fallout 4) Pacific Rim: Uprising 5) X-Men: Dark Phoenix
kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:07 AM   #697
Milkman95
Movie Extra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Glad these threads are still alive. I unequivocally love this movie, especially in light of JL. The more I rewatch this the more I think its close to masterpiece.
Agreed, watching the Ultimate now, think it's in the Top 5..........maybe a bit bias since I got to share screen time with Henry, but I love it!

Old 01-10-2018, 06:20 AM   #698
LaughterLives
Banned User

I love Eisenberg's Lex. I think he was the best in the film. I know it's an unpopular opinion but I think he just perfectly captured the type of person his Lex was. I feel his performance was unfairly misjudged by the masses just because he wasn't the Lex Luthor people wanted or recognized.

LaughterLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:47 AM   #699
unholyrevenger
DC is Doomed by its fans

Loved MoS and BvS especially the framing of Superman as an outsider and not as universally loved or with dissenting opinions of him kept to villains or just omitted from the movie

unholyrevenger is offline   Reply With Quote