The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 03:54 PM   #101
Sawyer
High King

Default Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Not bad for a trailer with a bunch of character I don't care about at all.
I hope Carol tracks you down and cuts your ass.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 07-22-2016, 03:55 PM   #102
Broseph44
Witness Me

Yeah season 6 was a great season. But they need to stop with the cliffhangers and teasing deaths like that. Especially for a finale where the whole season built up to Negan and who he would kill. Just dumb and pointless to not show us and make it a cliffhanger. Would've had just as much impact if they showed us. No matter what they have the fan base so it's not like you need to do that just to get fans to come back.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:56 PM   #103
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I hope Carol tracks you down and cuts your ass.
Ah, I already forgot she was in the trailer. Minus her.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #104
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Shiva
indeed!

Old 07-22-2016, 04:29 PM   #105
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Very cleverly edited trailer to not give us any clue about who survives.

Loved the shot of Ezekiel and Shiva.

- The Joker
Old 07-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #106
Sawyer
High King

I had been crossing my fingers for Keith David to play Ezekiel, but alas...

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 07-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #107
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I had been crossing my fingers for Keith David to play Ezekiel, but alas...
Keith's a regular on another series called Greenleaf.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:24 PM   #108
Drizzle
Senpai Goldblum

October 23rd? That's a little later than usual. They're really milking this thing. I'm still shocked that they're keeping Shiva in, but I guess they do owe us after the cliffhanger.

Last edited by Drizzle; 07-22-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:59 PM   #109
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Daaaaaaaaamn

I can't wait!

Old 07-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #110
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

I don't know who this King Ezekiel is but he looks awesome.

Carol's "I have no idea what's going on in the most wonderful way," was cute. I enjoy seeing her happy.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
Old 07-22-2016, 08:15 PM   #111
Xrated48
Drink It In Man

Pretty good trailer so happy Shiva is in the show.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:07 PM   #112
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Aside from Season 3 and 4 I normally avoid the TWD SDCC trailers, but decided to check this one out. The trailer was pretty much what I expected. e.g. it being centered around characters (old and new) who weren't in the Lucille lineup. The trailer seemed like a different TWD show with the focus on the new characters and all the world building. Morgan and Carol exploring a new community, Negan terrorizing ASZ, Jesus' character returns, Tara and Heath running into trouble, etc. This looks like it'll be a welcome change of pace. I just hope Gimple will be able to balance all these characters and stories. Aside from some of the editing and the cgi tiger being somewhat dodgy the trailer had me very intrigued. Also I'm surprised Season 7 premieres Oct. 23. Expected it to premiere on the 16th b/c (aside from Season 1) the premieres are normally mid Oct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
Carol's "I have no idea what's going on in the most wonderful way," was cute. I enjoy seeing her happy.
That's was from the actual show? I thought that was a misplaced snippet of a bts interview with Melissa.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:13 AM   #113
LoganGambit87
Side-Kick

Old 07-23-2016, 10:59 PM   #114
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead: Season 7 Comic-Con Panel Highlights: Jeffrey Dean Morgan Embraces the Fandom

The Walking Dead: Season 7 Comic-Con Panel Highlights: Andrew Lincoln Shares Acting Notes

The Walking Dead: Season 7 Comic-Con Panel Highlights: Steven Yeun Talks Issue 100

The Walking Dead: Season 7 Comic-Con Panel Highlights: Eugene Cosplay Love

The Walking Dead: Season 7 Comic-Con Panel Highlights: Sonequa Martin-Green's Breast Milk Story

The Walking Dead: Season 7 Comic-Con Panel Highlights: Ross Marquand & Michael Cudlitz Impressions

The Walking Dead: Season 7 Comic-Con Panel Highlights: Norman Reedus & Andrew Lincoln Joke Around

Old 07-24-2016, 01:11 AM   #115
Man in the Suit
Greeting

The best part of SDCC!

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...94775501242368

Old 07-24-2016, 06:53 AM   #116
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganGambit87 View Post
It's surprises like this that make me glad I don't read the books.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #117
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead Interview | TVLine Studio Presented by ZTE | Comic-Con 2016

Very awkward interview. Look at the cast's body language and facial expressions (especially Yuen's, who looked uncomfortable most of the interview) at about 4:00 in, when Gimple discusses how graphic the beating of the Lucille victim will be. Looked like JDM gave something away @ 6:22 when he agreed about hoping to see more Richonne in Season 7. Pay attention to Danai's reaction to that. And I don't know what's going on between Lauren and Danai @ 5:20 and @ 7:33 to the end of the end interview.

And LOL at JDM holding onto Reedus throughout the entire interview.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:43 AM   #118
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

This Week's EW Cover: The Walking Dead is 'Negan's world now'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
Someone on The Walking Dead is already… well, dead. If you think the impact of the show’s biggest villain ever will end when the identity of the finale cliffhanger victim will be revealed in the season 7 premiere on Oct. 23, think again.

According to Jeffrey Dean Morgan, whose character delivered those vicious brain-scrambling blows, the introduction of the leather-clad lunatic last spring is only the beginning. Says the actor — in the appropriate vernacular of the man he is playing — “It’s a reset on The Walking Dead world. It’s f—ing Negan’s world now.”

EW explores that world in full detail in our brand new Walking Dead cover package. What do the cast and producers have to say about the fan reaction to that controversial cliffhanger? Why were some cast members dreading filming the first episode back? What are Carol and Morgan up to in a brand new community titled the Kingdom? Who exactly is King Ezekiel, and how did producers bring his pet tiger Shiva to life?

We have answers to all that and more, including the massive impact Negan will bring to the show in season 7. “What you’re going to see in the first half of this season is Negan wreaking havoc,” says Morgan. “And some of your characters that you’ve grown to love are not going to be on the show anymore, and it’s going to end badly for them. It’s going to be a whole new beginning for The Walking Dead. Really, we’ve taken the show and just flipped it upside down. It’s a different show now. It’s going to have a different feeling. You’re going to see your favorite characters in a position that they’ve never been in before, which is super vulnerable and victimized.”

You’ve been warned.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:22 PM   #119
Kane52630
New Cydonian User

Old 07-27-2016, 01:45 PM   #120
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
It's surprises like this that make me glad I don't read the books.
You should get into the comics though. They're great

Old 07-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #121
The Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

He's so perfect as Negan. They nailed the look.

- The Joker
Old 07-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #122
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead: Exclusive photos of Negan's victims fighting back

Quote:
One of 11 Alexandrians is dead, killed by the hands of Negan and the barbed wire-covered baseball bat with which he seems to have a vaguely disturbing obsession. But they seem to be good sports about it.

We found that out when we asked each of the actors to individually pose with a bat out in our EW photo suite at Comic-Con in San Diego. And then we let the whole group get their aggressions out on its on-screen tormentor by returning the favor.

Check out these exclusive shots of the 11 potential murder victims — Chandler Riggs, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Ross Marquand, Christian Serratos, Danai Gurira, Michael Cudlitz, Sonequa Martin-Green, Norman Reedus, Josh McDermitt, and Andrew Lincoln — getting their revenge on Jeffrey Dean Morgan. He even assumed the position and got on his knees like the Alexandrians themselves!

Okay, so they’re only wiffle ball bats and not covered in barbed wire, but apparently revenge is a dish best served yellow and lightweight.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #123
The Joker

Someone please take a scissors to Carl's hair.

- The Joker
Old 07-29-2016, 02:36 PM   #124
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead: Ezekiel speaks! Khary Payton gives first interview about landing coveted role

Quote:
He’s one of the most colorful and kooky characters in The Walking Dead universe, and he is now making the leap from page to screen. That’s right, all hail King Ezekiel!

The leader of a new community called the Kingdom, Ezekiel insists on being addressed as a king and carries around a scepter while accompanied by his pet tiger Shiva. (We told you he was colorful.) The favorite from the comic book will be making his debut when The Walking Dead returns for season 7 on Oct. 23, and we’ve got your first photo and interview with the man playing him, Khary Payton.

Read on as Payton discusses how he got the coveted role, his thoughts on the character and his tiger, and what Ezekiel makes of the Kingdom’s latest visitors, Carol and Morgan.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I guess it must be nice to finally be able to talk about getting this role, huh?
KHARY PAYTON: Yeah, man. I’m honestly a little freaked out just talking to you. I’ve been diving in the backs of vans and having blankets thrown over my head so that nobody catches a glimpse of me and getting in and out of Georgia. I’ve got a lot of family in Georgia and I didn’t even tell them that I was there, so to have an interview with a reporter is a little unnerving.

Why don’t you start off by just telling me how you ended up landing the role. What was the whole process like for you?
The process was relatively simple, honestly. It was essentially a four or five-page monologue that they gave me, so I spent a good 72 hours pretty much by myself cloistered in a cave trying to get everything down. I didn’t audition in front of producers or directors or anything. It was all on tape, so it was just myself and the casting director.

I feel like I had a connection with this character in a weird way. I always say that when you’re in this acting business, you get a lot of rejection. You get a lot of people telling you no and you’ve got to get up, dust yourself off, and try again, and I feel like in a way Ezekiel fits that same mold where he’s in the hope business. I always say I’m in the hope business. You’ve got to stay hopeful. You’ve got to get up off your behind and try again no matter how many times they tell you it’s not going to work out. Your opinion’s got to overshadow whatever negativity might come your way. In a zombie apocalypse one can find themselves getting down about their situation, but Ezekiel’s not one of those people. He fights with all he’s got to make sure he stays positive and stays joyful. That’s what I love about him.

Did you know that you were auditioning for Ezekiel at first, or did you not know who the character was?
It was pretty easy to figure it out. I mean, I knew that I was auditioning for The Walking Dead, and they renamed it in the sides. They changed the name and changed the tiger to a lion, but honestly, it doesn’t take a whole lot of detective work to figure it out.

I love that they changed the tiger to a lion, as if that would throw people off.
It was a little weird because when I started reading the sides, I was like, “Wait a minute. Did I read that right? He’s got a lion?” He just kind of starts talking about his lion, you know? There’s no preface! So it took me a couple of reads to realize, okay, yeah, I need to do a little research here.

How familiar were you with the show or the comic before you got the part?
I actually didn’t read the comics, but my wife and I have been watching the show for a few years. We kind of got into it maybe three or four years after it started, and so we binged the first three seasons and we’ve been fans of it ever since. So when I got the audition, I’d been busy and I hadn’t caught up with the last half of the last season, so I had to hurry up and catch up and see what was going on.

I really adore the connection that people have with the show. I’m not a big zombie apocalypse guy, but I think the acting and the writing of the show is just exceptional, and the fact that I happen to be working with Lennie James and Melissa McBride on the show — their characters and their performances are two of the things that really kept me watching the show, so it was really wonderful to have those guys as kind of mentors and hosts introducing me to this world.

Did you go back and look at all at the Ezekiel in the comics or did you just steer clear of it and focus on the TV incarnation of the character?
I looked at the comics, but more to just kind of get a feel for the world and everything. I don’t feel like I need follow it exactly. I don’t worry about being affected by it too much. I feel like I live in the moment enough that a little bit of information here or there isn’t going to kill me if they totally go off the rails and Ezekiel becomes a very different version than he is in the comic books. It’s just another reason why I love to do this job, man. It’s awesome.

So how do you see Ezekiel? Let’s talk about the character himself because he’s certainly an interesting cat when you first meet this dude in the apocalypse.
He’s in the business of not losing himself to his surroundings. I don’t let things get me down. I brighten the things around me in that it’s a party when you’re going to be around him, and whether it was a party there before it’ll be a party by the time he leaves. I love even his relationship with the zombies themselves. He’s a guy who doesn’t think of them as having a physical disease. It’s more that their joy was robbed from them, and that he’s one of the few people left on earth whose joy hasn’t been robbed, and to him, that’s the difference between the living and the dead. If you’re still human, but you’re letting your joy be taken away from you, you might as well be one of those mindless creatures walking all over. So to him, it’s kind of a weird philosophy of life that he’s developed living in this apocalypse that you don’t let this world turn you into something that you’re not.

Yeah, he’s a guy with a lot of pomp and circumstance. He seems a little like a nut job maybe at first, but there’s definitely a method to the madness with him, which is what I like so much about Ezekiel.
Yeah, you first come upon him and you think he’s a little bit out there, and he is a little bit out there. But the truth is that everything about this world is a little bit out there, and if you want to survive in it and if you want to survive on your own terms, you need to preach your philosophy and preach it loudly so that it doesn’t get drowned out by all the crazy.

We know we’re going to see Carol and Morgan in the Kingdom. What does Ezekiel make of these two?
That’s a good question. I think he sees potential in them. He sees potential in them for understanding his way of living and spreading this gospel of joy and light in a dark situation. I think he considers his Kingdom a lighthouse, and if you use it the right way, it’ll keep you from crashing on the rocks.

So let me ask you about Ezekiel’s tiger Shiva. I know you guys are doing some sort of mix of animatronics and CG to bring Shiva to life, so what’s it like for you in terms of working with that?
It’s just another beautiful way that I get to use my imagination. As far as I’m concerned, Shiva’s as real as the people standing next to me — as Morgan or Carol or any of the other people who move among the Kingdom itself. So I really don’t think of it as CG or mechanic. All I know is that she’s real to me. I’ve done a lot of video games where there’s literally nothing standing in front of me. I’ve done, you know, a lot of voiceovers where there’s literally nothing standing in front of me, I’ve got to make it all up, so this is just another situation where my imagination gets to be used in another context, so no matter how good they bring it to life, it’s already alive in my head.

Talk about what Shiva means to Ezekiel and how Ezekiel uses Shiva.
Shiva is the beginning and the end for Ezekiel. She’s one of the reasons that he didn’t lose hope when this whole thing started. She’s this beautiful unique creature in the middle of this dark, dark time, and so she’s beloved, and she’s also a symbol to him of what it means to be different in the context of the world that you’re living in. It’s like she’s a constant reminder every time he looks at her that there’s beauty in the world. She started off as his protector and now he feels like that relationship is reversed and she’s this giant, powerful symbol that he feels a real kinship with and a need to protect. So she’s kind of the end all, be all for him. I think Shiva’s a really appropriate name for her because she’s hallowed in his eyes. She’s holy in his eyes.
So the voice actor of Cyborg (from Teen Titans) and Aqualad (from Young Justice) is playing Ezekiel.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:35 PM   #125
Art Vandelay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Someone please take a scissors to Carl's hair.
Speaking of hair, what's going on with Negan's It looks higher than it did when he was first introduced:

Closed Thread