The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #51
Corysxj88
Side-Kick

Default Re: The BvS Ultimate Cut Thread - Part 3

If you download the digital copy of the ultimate edition, do you get all the extra stuff as well? like the behind the scenes stuff and the suicide squad stuff?

Corysxj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:00 PM   #52
NeoRanger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleiek View Post
When Superman said that, I almost teared up. How devastating his feelings must be for him to say that.

Henry Cavill is underrated. Many of his delivery in this movie REALLY works.
Got to admit, that line and the delivery got to me as well. In both cuts, but the UC helps with context.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:23 AM   #53
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

When I first saw the theatrical release I rated it about a 4, after seeing the ultimate edition I think it's better but a 6.5.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:16 AM   #54
Corysxj88
Side-Kick

So I bought the UE yesterday and I sat down and watched it. I have seen the Theatrical version and after I saw it, I gave the movie a 6.5 or so.
After watching the UE....My rating hasn't changed much. I don't know if it was because I wasn't in the best of moods yesterday or if it was because I was tired...not sure...but damn that movie is long.
I might need to sit down and watch it again but in sections.

Corysxj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:14 AM   #55
DeadStroke
Side-Kick

™竜巻
‏@LegoIasQuinn
Geoff Johns: "Lex in BvS is based off of Birthright."
Jesse: "Nails it."
Fans who have only seen the animated show: "That's the riddler!!!"

Old 07-14-2016, 11:59 AM   #56
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Did Geoff Johns really say that?

Old 07-14-2016, 12:09 PM   #57
Milkman95
Movie Extra

Glad to see I made the UC, here I am as a cop behind Supes.....

Old 07-14-2016, 12:18 PM   #58
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Nice!! I can't see your face that is too small but next time I watch the movie, I will be like, "hey, here's the guys from SHH".

Old 07-14-2016, 06:21 PM   #59
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman95 View Post

For real?! That's awesome dude

Romans 8:38-39
"The Bat is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy."
WoodyROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:07 PM   #60
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman95 View Post

More importantly, you're in a Superman scene/shot

Defender of MAN OF STEEL. The most divisive and unfairly criticized film that happens to be Superman's best since SUPERMAN (1978).
As a Batman fan, I must say: I'm getting sick of seeing him all over the place thanks to WB.
Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:29 PM   #61
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
More importantly, you're in a Superman scene/shot
And one of the bests.

matt47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #62
souperman
Side-Dish

Does anyone know how or where to download the UE HD digital copy so it can be "saved" like a BR and played later rather than streamed? (legally)

No-one stays good in this world...everything's changed...if you seek his monument - look around you - ARGO pick your nits ! I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE DON'T GET IT...
souperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:04 PM   #63
Golgo-13
The Return of the O.G

Can't wait to get this. I just realized, my favorite shot in the movie; where the Bat mobile returns to the batcave...didn't Supes rip the top of that thing off? How then is it back on in the batcave scene right after..?

Every morning a Lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle, or it will starve to death.

It doesn't matter whether you're a LION or a GAZELLE when the sun comes up, you better be RUNNING!
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:11 PM   #64
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Which scene?

I just watched the scene and he just kinda strapped the doors to the top of the batmobile. He pretty much drove back without a windshield. Are you talking about a scene after this?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 07-15-2016, 01:15 PM   #65
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

I don't remember this from the theatrical cut.

Where did the guy Batman dropped on that crate?
I can see his hand when the grappling hook attaches to the crate, but he's nowhere to be found when Batman uses that crate to kill the other guy.

Two kills in one gif.

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:22 PM   #66
Golgo-13
The Return of the O.G

Editing/continuity error.

In that scene there's a shot in the trailer that's not in the film where Batman tosses a thug, he goes summersaulting through the air and crashes into a crate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleiek View Post
Which scene?

I just watched the scene and he just kinda strapped the doors to the top of the batmobile. He pretty much drove back without a windshield. Are you talking about a scene after this?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah. But I could sworn the top was there when the batmobile drove into the lake entrance...

Every morning a Lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle, or it will starve to death.

It doesn't matter whether you're a LION or a GAZELLE when the sun comes up, you better be RUNNING!
Old 07-15-2016, 01:33 PM   #67
souperman
Side-Dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Editing/continuity error.

In that scene there's a shot in the trailer that's not in the film where Batman tosses a thug, he goes summersaulting through the air and crashes into a crate.

Yeah. But I could sworn the top was there when the batmobile drove into the lake entrance...

You can see in freeze frames that Batman had to strap the doors on top to drive back. He is driving a convertible Batmoble ...limping back to the cave.

No-one stays good in this world...everything's changed...if you seek his monument - look around you - ARGO pick your nits ! I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE DON'T GET IT...
souperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:07 PM   #68
Golgo-13
The Return of the O.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
You can see in freeze frames that Batman had to strap the doors on top to drive back. He is driving a convertible Batmoble ...limping back to the cave.
I see it now.

This is the shot that was in the final trailer but not in the movie. Batman, being on the left, that thugs flies through the air and smashes into the crate on the right. It's at 00:28 of the trailer.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:19 PM   #69
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
I see it now.

This is the shot that was in the final trailer but not in the movie. Batman, being on the left, that thugs flies through the air and smashes into the crate on the right. It's at 00:28 of the trailer.

There was also a shot in the BTS of Batman tackling a guy and basically throwing him into one of those beams that were hanging from the roof. I assume these things happened when he cut to KG and Martha

matt47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:38 AM   #70
batfreakforever
A real fan

I believe this Batman has always killed. In the BvS 101 batman video from dc access app they go into that Batman originally killed in the early comics which I think they took a bit of their inspiration from it including lots of other different versions of Batman like lots of Frank miller and Arkham games and Scott Snyders comics. I don't think DC/WB have a problem with this Batman killing in the DCCU.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:01 AM   #71
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
I believe this Batman has always killed. In the BvS 101 batman video from dc access app they go into that Batman originally killed in the early comics which I think they took a bit of their inspiration from it including lots of other different versions of Batman like lots of Frank miller and Arkham games and Scott Snyders comics. I don't think DC/WB have a problem with this Batman killing in the DCCU.
Well Alfred did talk about new rules and how Bruce had changed and that old man said there is new kind of mean in him,which makes it very apparent these are new things ....which have now changed post bvs now that hw didn't brand Luthor.

idiot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:24 AM   #72
batfreakforever
A real fan

[QUOTE=idiot09;33965285]Well Alfred did talk about new rules and how Bruce had changed and that old man said there is new kind of mean in him,which makes it very apparent these are new things ....which have now changed post bvs now that hw didn't brand Lex

I thought that Alfred ment that the rules have changed for better or worse because the arrival of Superman and Batman branding criminals and them dying in jail from being branded (finding out later that its !@# who sets up those jail killings) to piss superman off about Batman or maybe he only kills or brands because of the death of Robin and now he won't because of Superman at the end of BvS. Batman still kills after the Martha reveal scene when he goes to save Supes Mother but doesn't brand Lex at the end which makes me believe he always killed but not branded. That's my belief.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:36 AM   #73
idiot09
Kicks side

[QUOTE=batfreakforever;33965307]
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post
Well Alfred did talk about new rules and how Bruce had changed and that old man said there is new kind of mean in him,which makes it very apparent these are new things ....which have now changed post bvs now that hw didn't brand Lex

I thought that Alfred ment that the rules have changed for better or worse because the arrival of Superman and Batman branding criminals and them dying in jail from being branded (finding out later that its !@# who sets up those jail killings) to piss superman off about Batman or maybe he only kills or brands because of the death of Robin and now he won't because of Superman at the end of BvS. Batman still kills after the Martha reveal scene when he goes to save Supes Mother but doesn't brand Lex at the end which makes me believe he always killed but not branded. That's my belief.
Well it would nt make sense for Alfred to call out Bruce on his branding if he is already out there killing people.The way the story is told Batman's breaking point was the Battle of Metropolis,and he stopped after Superman 's death(as it restored his faith in the good of people).Anyway if he truly was a killer pre Bvs then the rogues gallery wouldn't exist,and Luthor who was as heinous and evil as Joker,would have been six feet under.If Luthor doesn't get the executioner treatment,that tells me something.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:33 AM   #74
batfreakforever
A real fan

[QUOTE=idiot09;33965317]
Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
Well it would nt make sense for Alfred to call out Bruce on his branding if he is already out there killing people.The way the story is told Batman's breaking point was the Battle of Metropolis,and he stopped after Superman 's death(as it restored his faith in the good of people).Anyway if he truly was a killer pre Bvs then the rogues gallery wouldn't exist,and Luthor who was as heinous and evil as Joker,would have been six feet under.If Luthor doesn't get the executioner treatment,that tells me something.
He is already friends now with Superman so why kill in the Martha rescue scene?

Old 07-17-2016, 07:44 AM   #75
idiot09
Kicks side

[QUOTE=batfreakforever;33965369]
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post

He is already friends now with Superman so why kill in the Martha rescue scene?
For me the Martha scene made Bruce realise his fault,he understood that Superman was not his enemy,and in his fever had wrongly condemned him.I thought they weren't really friends,more like allies who had to join together to defeat a common enemy.But when he saw this alien guy,show more humanity than most,by sacrificing his life to save the planet,made Bruce realise how wrong he was about Superman...and his good act inspired him to be good as well.It made him go from "how many good guys are left?" to "men are still good".Plus I imagine Bruce contemplated about his methods and ways after Supermans sacrifice.Its a gradual process not a overnight one.For me the confirmation of this reading of mine was in the justice league synopsis :
"Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman¡¯s selfless act"...