The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-17-2016, 08:56 AM   #76
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Default Re: The BvS Ultimate Cut Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
Awesome shot.

Which reminds me, my mother said that she wished Superman let Lex die in that shot. Obviously she doesn't care about characterizations.
Or this Lex is characterized to be so annoying people wanted to see him get it.

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:58 AM   #77
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I don't remember this from the theatrical cut.

Where did the guy Batman dropped on that crate?
I can see his hand when the grappling hook attaches to the crate, but he's nowhere to be found when Batman uses that crate to kill the other guy.

Two kills in one gif.
Holy crap they actually put in brain splatter on the wall after he smashes into it.

samsnee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:12 PM   #78
gdw
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=idiot09;33965413]
Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
For me the Martha scene made Bruce realise his fault,he understood that Superman was not his enemy,and in his fever had wrongly condemned him.I thought they weren't really friends,more like allies who had to join together to defeat a common enemy.But when he saw this alien guy,show more humanity than most,by sacrificing his life to save the planet,made Bruce realise how wrong he was about Superman...and his good act inspired him to be good as well.It made him go from "how many good guys are left?" to "men are still good".Plus I imagine Bruce contemplated about his methods and ways after Supermans sacrifice.Its a gradual process not a overnight one.For me the confirmation of this reading of mine was in the justice league synopsis :
"Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman¡¯s selfless act"...
Exactly!

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:39 PM   #79
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman95 View Post
Glad to see I made the UC, here I am as a cop behind Supes.....

Now that is pretty cool man! The Insider, an Al Pacino movie, shot in my home town, and my folks know some people who were involved in the actual real life story, so they were extras in a party scene with Al. They said it was not much fun, and took like 8 hours, and then the scene was cut! But you have to get a kick out of that! Reminds me of the Ricky Gervais show Extras, I'm sure you're a complete professional, but it'd be funny if there was this really serious Superman scene, with Cavill doing his best to act all sad and concerned, and you keep seeing this cop in the background who keeps scooting over, not even doing anything helpful, trying to look really nonchalant about getting his face in the shot, maybe striking some poses.

wnjcwjkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:46 PM   #80
Golgo-13
The Return of the O.G

[QUOTE=idiot09;33965413]
Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
For me the Martha scene made Bruce realise his fault,he understood that Superman was not his enemy,and in his fever had wrongly condemned him.I thought they weren't really friends,more like allies who had to join together to defeat a common enemy.But when he saw this alien guy,show more humanity than most,by sacrificing his life to save the planet,made Bruce realise how wrong he was about Superman...and his good act inspired him to be good as well.It made him go from "how many good guys are left?" to "men are still good".Plus I imagine Bruce contemplated about his methods and ways after Supermans sacrifice.Its a gradual process not a overnight one.For me the confirmation of this reading of mine was in the justice league synopsis :
"Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman¡¯s selfless act"...
I completely agree; i just wish the Martha scene had been played out/scripted differently as it's now, and will forever be, a running cringe-worthy joke. I also wish with just a line or two, addressed Batman now killing; or are we to assume that he has always used lethal force?

Every morning a Lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle, or it will starve to death.

It doesn't matter whether you're a LION or a GAZELLE when the sun comes up, you better be RUNNING!
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:55 PM   #81
herolee10
No More Miracles

Well, at least they didn't have Batman do this upon learning from Lois that Clark's mom was also named Martha...

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #82
Keyser Sushi
Squirrel Baffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post

I completely agree; i just wish the Martha scene had been played out/scripted differently as it's now, and will forever be, a running cringe-worthy joke. I also wish with just a line or two, addressed Batman now killing; or are we to assume that he has always used lethal force?
I think they addressed in several (fairly subtle) ways.

"There's a new kind of mean in him," for example. Clearly says he's gotten nastier than he used to be. So unless he was, previously, walking up and going, "hi, I'm Batman, I'll be your executioner today, just hold still and I'll try not to make it hurt, cool?" we can assume the new kind of mean refers to lethal force.

Although as Snyder describes it, he feels like most of the "kills" in the film are debatable due to comic book physics. Which is sorta fair; if you watch "Arrow" for instance, you know Ollie would be dead a hundred times over with all the times he's been shot, ragdolled, and slammed into things. But you don't call them out on it because he always gets back up.

Granted, I'm sure we all agree we want to hold the films to higher standards than the CW does its shows, but the point stands.

BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is one of the greatest comic book movies ever made.

avatar by JokerGrayson (thanks to Mr. Socko)
Keyser Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:29 AM   #83
souperman
Side-Dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Sushi View Post
I think they addressed in several (fairly subtle) ways.

"There's a new kind of mean in him," for example. Clearly says he's gotten nastier than he used to be. So unless he was, previously, walking up and going, "hi, I'm Batman, I'll be your executioner today, just hold still and I'll try not to make it hurt, cool?" we can assume the new kind of mean refers to lethal force.

I would add that - Batman accepts casualties and deaths as part of the cost of doing business, not necessarily as an excuse to kill "willy nilly" as some say.

Although as Snyder describes it, he feels like most of the "kills" in the film are debatable due to comic book physics. Which is sorta fair; if you watch "Arrow" for instance, you know Ollie would be dead a hundred times over with all the times he's been shot, ragdolled, and slammed into things. But you don't call them out on it because he always gets back up.

Granted, I'm sure we all agree we want to hold the films to higher standards than the CW does its shows, but the point stands.
Very true. All reasonable assumptions.

And the Martha scene was not cringe worthy. It was touching...unless you have no soul...

No-one stays good in this world...everything's changed...if you seek his monument - look around you - ARGO pick your nits ! I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE DON'T GET IT...
souperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:52 AM   #84
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Watched 2 hours of additional materials, and outside "Wonder Woman is badass/kickass/badass/strong/powerful", there was very little about characters. Reminded me of Man of Steel BTS. Trailers were about Superman and what he means to our world, what he can change, and BTS was all about lifting weights.

Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.
--Clay tablet in an abandoned Trickster temple
OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #85
Longshot777
Side-Kick

I'm probably the ONLY one that will get the theatrical cut on DVD tomorrow.

I already saw all the added scenes and I hate Bluray with a passion for a hard copy option.

I'll get the digital of the ultimate cut instead.

UC is definitely better than the TC but then WHY release the TC in the first place??? And the UC released ONLY in bluray???

I guess WB really want to make DVD obsolete OR didn't believe in the UC in the first place.

I like Superman's entrance in the TC better than the UC however. In the UC, they deleted Superman's flying down before he crashed into that terrorist's h.q. for some reason.

Longshot777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:59 AM   #86
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Actually they showed him fly down in the theatrical cut - the sky cracked open and he speeds straight to the location Lois is held.

In the Ultimate cut however, they should him charging straight at the missile, he came out of nowhere.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #87
gdw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot777 View Post
I'm probably the ONLY one that will get the theatrical cut on DVD tomorrow.

I already saw all the added scenes and I hate Bluray with a passion for a hard copy option.

I'll get the digital of the ultimate cut instead.

UC is definitely better than the TC but then WHY release the TC in the first place??? And the UC released ONLY in bluray???

I guess WB really want to make DVD obsolete OR didn't believe in the UC in the first place.

I like Superman's entrance in the TC better than the UC however. In the UC, they deleted Superman's flying down before he crashed into that terrorist's h.q. for some reason.
Fascinating. Why do you hate Bluray?

Old 07-18-2016, 01:41 PM   #88
Longshot777
Side-Kick

Nah I just think both DVD and bluray will be obsolete at the same time killed by digital HD.

And I bought bluray twice because the first one skips and takes long to read while the second sometimes does the same thing. Really frustrating experience.

So in the meantime I'll stick to DVD for hard copies and when I switch it will be on digital HD and not bluray

For almost a decade, bluray still can't kill off DVDs. Some DVDs actually cost more than bluray like the the Rogue Cut DVD of Xmen costs more than the actual Bluray

That proves the DVDs are putting a good fight against blurays.

Last edited by Longshot777; 07-18-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:43 PM   #89
Longshot777
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleiek View Post
Actually they showed him fly down in the theatrical cut - the sky cracked open and he speeds straight to the location Lois is held.

In the Ultimate cut however, they should him charging straight at the missile, he came out of nowhere.
Yeah that's what I said.

I like the TC version of Superman flying down which was deleted in the UC.

I don't know why the UC deleted that part.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:24 PM   #90
gdw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot777 View Post
Nah I just think both DVD and bluray will be obsolete at the same time killed by digital HD.

And I bought bluray twice because the first one skips and takes long to read while the second sometimes does the same thing. Really frustrating experience.

So in the meantime I'll stick to DVD for hard copies and when I switch it will be on digital HD and not bluray

For almost a decade, bluray still can't kill off DVDs. Some DVDs actually cost more than bluray like the the Rogue Cut DVD of Xmen costs more than the actual Bluray

That proves the DVDs are putting a good fight against blurays.
VHS was sold side by side with DVDs pretty much up until Bluray and HDDVDs hit the market. That wasn't because DVDs failed to usurp them in the market.

As for the price of some DVDs, that's a matter of supply and demand. There's much LESS demand for DVDs, and so the supply also has dropped, which can mean an INCREASE in their cost.

So, it's not (necessarily) a matter of virile market demand dictating a higher price for some DVDs.

Digital HD still has a long way to go, in terms of actually servicing the demands of customers. So called "digital rights management" efforts have done so much to drive people towards "piracy."

I STILL have not been able to fully watch the digital copy of BvS I purchased. Also still waiting for my money back.

But I digress. Digital HD has a ways to go before it kicks DVDs out of the market, and even longer before it does away with Bluray. At least for mainstream entertainment. Some niche markets actually skipped Bluray all together, thanks to digital downloads (not even HD,) and streaming. That actually had nothing to do with Bluray, mind you, and everything to do with the needs of those particular markets, and and the timing, and speed, of changes in the market.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:30 PM   #91
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
VHS was sold side by side with DVDs pretty much up until Bluray and HDDVDs hit the market. That wasn't because DVDs failed to usurp them in the market.

As for the price of some DVDs, that's a matter of supply and demand. There's much LESS demand for DVDs, and so the supply also has dropped, which can mean an INCREASE in their cost.

So, it's not (necessarily) a matter of virile market demand dictating a higher price for some DVDs.

Digital HD still has a long way to go, in terms of actually servicing the demands of customers. So called "digital rights management" efforts have done so much to drive people towards "piracy."

I STILL have not been able to fully watch the digital copy of BvS I purchased. Also still waiting for my money back.

But I digress. Digital HD has a ways to go before it kicks DVDs out of the market, and even longer before it does away with Bluray. At least for mainstream entertainment. Some niche markets actually skipped Bluray all together, thanks to digital downloads (not even HD,) and streaming. That actually had nothing to do with Bluray, mind you, and everything to do with the needs of those particular markets, and and the timing, and speed, of changes in the market.
If there's much less demand for DVD's, why does it still outsell Blu Ray?

Jumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:18 PM   #92
kguillou
Side-Kick

Also there is a quality difference between digital HD and blu ray. Theres probably a lot that won't notice but due to the HD buffering a lot of details on Digital copies arent as clear or as sharp or as crisp as they are on Blu Ray.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:49 PM   #93
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Yeah, I'm a blu ray junkie. I've gotta have that quality, and digital just isn't there yet

Romans 8:38-39
"The Bat is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy."
WoodyROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:10 AM   #94
Tvar10
Who the hell is Bucky?

So its finally out on dvd/bluray. what edition did people get? Im pretty torn. I like steelbooks, but the 64 page book from target looks pretty awesome

Old 07-19-2016, 08:41 AM   #95
gdw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
If there's much less demand for DVD's, why does it still outsell Blu Ray?
There's less demand than there was BEFORE Blurays. Meaning there is less demand NOW than there was THEN.

DVD sales have been declining since 2005.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:02 AM   #96
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
There's less demand than there was BEFORE Blurays. Meaning there is less demand NOW than there was THEN.

DVD sales have been declining since 2005.
I still buy them to view on the laptop or portable DVD player.
I've had issues before with those digital copies, and some of them won't play if you don't have internet? What good's that?

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:56 AM   #97
gdw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I still buy them to view on the laptop or portable DVD player.
I've had issues before with those digital copies, and some of them won't play if you don't have internet? What good's that?
Oh yeah, I HATE where they've gone with "digital" "copies." It's absolute bull ****. You don't get a copy of jack, you get to stream it, IF you have a good enough internet connection, and IF you have the proper accounts, AND a smart TV, and MAYBE if you have a Roku, but ONLY if your account is in the right country, and you can NOT pay it via your PS3, at least not in Canada.

Should sue them for false advertising.

DVD's still have use, absolutely. Never said there was NO demand. I actually used to HATE the Bluray/DVD combo pack, ESPECIALLY when they would tout it as "3 disc special edition" and one disc is Bluray, one is 3D, and one is DVD, and you're lucky if you get 15 minutes of special features.

Sorry, but 3 different copies of the exact same movie is NOT a 3 disc special ANYTHING.

Sorry, tangent. Point is, today, with kids, and for children's movies, and traveling to people's places, or hotels, withOUT Bluerays players, the combo pack has FINALLY become useful for me, lol.
Although, these scenarios have also only further emphasized the absolute ******** that "digital copies" are.

We have not been able to get a SINGLE copy working for out kids.
We SHOULD be able to just load up our entire collection of our kids movies on the tablet for a road trip, but nope. We've gotta get a portable DVD player, and bring a selection of them, taking up room we don't have to spare on an already cramped road trip.

God damn first world problems.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:32 PM   #98
Pants Under Underpants
AKA: SUPERGRAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvar10 View Post
So its finally out on dvd/bluray. what edition did people get? Im pretty torn. I like steelbooks, but the 64 page book from target looks pretty awesome
I'm torn between the Best Buy steelbook and the Target Digibook. I have the MOS Digibook, so I'm thinking I'll lean towards that in the hopes that JL is also released in that format so I can have the trilogy. The only thing that bugs me about these is that they are taller than my other blu rays.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #99
Tvar10
Who the hell is Bucky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGRAVE View Post
I'm torn between the Best Buy steelbook and the Target Digibook. I have the MOS Digibook, so I'm thinking I'll lean towards that in the hopes that JL is also released in that format so I can have the trilogy. The only thing that bugs me about these is that they are taller than my other blu rays.
It was a tough call but I went with the steelbook. The deciding factor was when I went to Target they had that stupid thing on so you cant steal it and it was bending the case. So I went to Best Buy and got the steelbook.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:13 PM   #100
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGRAVE View Post
Do you have to pick which cover you want, or is it both the Batman with "S" and the Bat logo Supes in one?

Defender of MAN OF STEEL. The most divisive and unfairly criticized film that happens to be Superman's best since SUPERMAN (1978).
As a Batman fan, I must say: I'm getting sick of seeing him all over the place thanks to WB.
Binker is offline   Reply With Quote