The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #51
LoganGambit87
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - Par

Old 07-21-2016, 03:34 PM   #52
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - Par

Nice!

Old 07-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #53
gdw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganGambit87 View Post
DAMN! That's awesome!

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:43 PM   #54
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

Damnnnnnnnnn. Mythic as ****. I really dig this trinity.

Reminds me of this

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 07-21-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #55
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Please tell me a high res picture of this exists online

Old 07-21-2016, 04:12 PM   #56
Sleiek
Side-Kick

So that's the comic con exclusive poster?

Very Nice. Probably my favorite shot of the trinity. Doesn't look like individual shots stitched together.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #57
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batsfan1 View Post
His death shouldn't change Batman. His death shouldn't change him.
Why? You state this like it is a fact or some universal truth, and I have no idea why the concept of a death changing someone is so anathema to you.

Quote:
And it shouldn't start the JL.
Why shouldn't it start the Justice League? A great hero capable of wonders dies, and with an even greater evil on the horizon, why wouldn't the world's gods, metahumans, and other gifted heroes be seen as necessary for what's ahead?

Quote:
But Lex didn't have to do anything to the public. There were those that feared and hated him already. Lex wasn't relevant.
Of course, people hated and feared Superman already, but what Lex did was magnify and shape that fear and hate into something more powerful and something he could control himself for his own ends. It is the same thing all tyrants do in periods of uncertainty.

Quote:
And no, I don't think hope can be found through Superman. He can reveal hope that's already there.
Superman gave people hope in heroes. His death gave people a reason to believe that power can be used for good. Power can be selfless. Sure, that could be something most people inherently believe, but that belief can be lost, especially when evil people with power (i.e. Lex) try to take it away from them. Superman's death gave people a reason to believe again or for the first time.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:42 PM   #58
Broseph44
Witness Me

I absolutely love that trinity poster.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:50 PM   #59
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
Please tell me a high res picture of this exists online
I've been searching for the last 2 hours. No go...but you're right. My God, this is one of the best comic book film posters ever...

Old 07-21-2016, 05:31 PM   #60
Binker
Side-Kick

Does anyone think the major problem with BvS is its title? Not Dawn of Justice, we need that; I'm talking about the title Batman v Superman, when the v for versus is more of odds=fight=team up. I still think this, even far back in 2013; wouldn't it make sense if the title was: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

Defender of MAN OF STEEL. The most divisive and unfairly criticized film that happens to be Superman's best since SUPERMAN (1978).
As a Batman fan, I must say: I'm getting sick of seeing him all over the place thanks to WB.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:45 AM   #61
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
There are some really nice ideas there. Especially with regards to DD sequence. Never realized this, but they completely removed any sense of real danger with all the "unpopulated" comments, and 'everyone's gone home for the day' stuff.

I understand the response to the backlash from the finale of MOS, but instead of "fixing" that by just writing ALL civilians out of the location, they should have done something like what you wrote.
Having to deal with DD making his way to a more populated area, having to actually deal with moving people out of harms way, rather than just saying they already were, etc.

Also, as you mentioned, turns the DD fight into something a bit more resembling the comics.

Also, on the fan re-writing note, someone at my work made a comment after seeing the UE that I thought could have been fantastic.

All but write Luthor out of the first 2 acts of the film. No mention of him in the marketing, etc. The audience goes in to the film with no indication that Luthor will even be in it.

The entire first near 2/3rds of the film is played just as Bruce, and Clark, moving closer to their head to head. Same investigations, etc.
Meanwhile, Lois is still investigating things, and through her we eventually learn that someone has been manipulating them from the start.
Only once they FINALLY come to blows, do we learn the truth, and the big reveal is that Luthor is not only in the movie, but is the puppet master behind it all.

Would have definitely had to have gone with a VERY different portrayal of Lex for this to work. You'd need something like Spacey in Seven. Damn, if it weren't for Superman Returns, Spacey would have been PERFECT in such a film.

Yeah, that could have been effective. I really think they screwed up with the marketing, they just gave up too much. Showing Doomsday, the Wonder Woman reveal (of ALL scenes to show, that was just dumb, it would have been sooo much more effective in theaters if nobody knew WW was even coming), then the Trinity shot, the "Is she with you line", "If man won't kill God, the Devil will do it!" The Knightmare, etc. Like, they should have just went about it like Diana has a smaller, cameo role, and let the appearance of WW in full outfit be a complete shock

Old 07-22-2016, 12:56 AM   #62
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I really dig this trinity
You actually think they suck, but accept them anyway.

#haterlogic

Old 07-22-2016, 01:00 AM   #63
Predator jp
Slide Kick

i want Trinity movie.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:35 AM   #64
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
You actually think they suck, but accept them anyway.

#haterlogic
Yep you are just deluding yourself and its stockholm syndrome,its beyond the realm of possibility that someone likes a movie I dont like.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:04 AM   #65
Val_Zod
No, I am not Calvin Ellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Does anyone think the major problem with BvS is its title? Not Dawn of Justice, we need that; I'm talking about the title Batman v Superman, when the v for versus is more of odds=fight=team up. I still think this, even far back in 2013; wouldn't it make sense if the title was: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.
Snyder stated the V. instead of vs was because the film wasn't a straight up versus film, but it still suggest Batman and Superman's conflict is the focal point of the film, but it really felt more like just of many plot threads, rather than the plot thread. With that said, Batman/Superman would have been more appropriate.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:24 AM   #66
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Does anyone think the major problem with BvS is its title?
I doubt over ten people think that.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 07-22-2016, 07:45 AM   #67
JimThompson
Spiritus Mundi

Last edited by JimThompson; 07-22-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #68
gdw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
Why? You state this like it is a fact or some universal truth, and I have no idea why the concept of a death changing someone is so anathema to you.

Why shouldn't it start the Justice League? A great hero capable of wonders dies, and with an even greater evil on the horizon, why wouldn't the world's gods, metahumans, and other gifted heroes be seen as necessary for what's ahead?

Of course, people hated and feared Superman already, but what Lex did was magnify and shape that fear and hate into something more powerful and something he could control himself for his own ends. It is the same thing all tyrants do in periods of uncertainty.

Superman gave people hope in heroes. His death gave people a reason to believe that power can be used for good. Power can be selfless. Sure, that could be something most people inherently believe, but that belief can be lost, especially when evil people with power (i.e. Lex) try to take it away from them. Superman's death gave people a reason to believe again or for the first time.
Yes!
I love the idea of the DOS being the catalyst for forming the Justice League.
Luthor has basically taken out Earths biggest planetary defense by killing Superman. It creates a void that necessitates Bruce and Diana forming the League.

(It's funny, it only really just hit me when writing that above, that Lex basically won in his first encounter with Superman. He killed him with his first attempt, lol.)

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:39 AM   #69
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Yup, I think the death of Superman works well with setting up the JL. Lex essentially did win. I did love his exchange towards the end with Superman, "I don't know how to lose", "you'll learn".

Old 07-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #70
Mr. Forest
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganGambit87 View Post
Damn, this should have been at least the cover for the Blu-ray package(s).

Old 07-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #71
souperman
Side-Dish

much better image than many of the promo posters.

No-one stays good in this world...everything's changed...if you seek his monument - look around you - ARGO pick your nits ! I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE DON'T GET IT...
Old 07-22-2016, 11:48 AM   #72
souperman
Side-Dish

straightened it out for now

No-one stays good in this world...everything's changed...if you seek his monument - look around you - ARGO pick your nits ! I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE DON'T GET IT...
Old 07-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #73
Bagide
Braniac Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
straightened it out for now
huh?

Old 07-22-2016, 02:52 PM   #74
souperman
Side-Dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagide View Post
huh?

Old 07-22-2016, 03:11 PM   #75
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
I like the pose. Not the colors. The only red I see is the logo. Even the S symbol looks pink. I would like contrast.

Closed Thread