The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 03-10-2017, 06:28 PM   #101
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I don't think it does. Just because they tell you that he wasn't as cruel in the past..

I mean, besides the opening scene where he saves a little girl (which to me was put in the movie as a cheap way to get AT LEAST some people on his side) when does he come across compassionate? He's one note all movie. Don't tell me about his past , show me or I can't get invested. I dont want to think of batman in different mediums. I want to see THIS BATMAN do great things and then you can take him down a bad path, that way I feel something for when he redeems himself. This was just villainous murder grumpy dude who realizes he should stop being a S.O.B at the end. It's like okay? You WERE being a total jerk Bruce, that's your fault. People warned you and you still killed people for no reason. So that's on you. Zero sympathy from me.

I feel like people put too much of their past experiences with batman into this one instead of looking at this version for what it is and what they're showing you. If Bales Batman went through this downfall, I would have felt something because I saw him in 3 movies acting heroic. It would mean something. Just like if Superman wasn't saving people from the beginning, once he starts saving people at the end, it would be an arc. Instead, these characters don't really have full arcs.

And to top it all off, he's just as one note and as much of an a-hole in Suicide Squad. So I can't be bothered feeling anything yet. I'll wait until Reeves gets a hold of him, and works out a proper arc for this guy.
Now I really question your reasonings. That was one of the most powerful scenes elaborating on Bruce's principles. He runs towards a freaking dust cloud from a falling skyscraper because of how much he cares. He saves the little girl and tries comforting her after she loses her mother and he thinks of his own mother and knows how painful it is. That is some serious emotion right there. But you think it's cheap?

Old 03-10-2017, 09:30 PM   #102
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

In your opinion. Bruce running into a dust cloud because that's going to save people right? He cares about this guy that we don't know or care for (most of us are laughing at that dude because of how stupid he is too).

I don't care if others felt emotion with that. It's the opening scene with this version of Bruce and we've never seen this character before that scene so why should I be so invested ? I need more than that, it needs to be earned. It's a cool opening scene though . It does its job. It sets up the rest of the movie. But I didn't get all teary eyed when he ran into a damn cloud. And I still think the scene with the girl was out in there to show you that he's not a villain all the way, because everything else he does after that is pure madness. Villainous behaviour that nobody would logically get behind so we need SOME scene with compassion to kick things off.

He thinks of his own mother ? In that scene? Did you just add a new shot of your own that wasn't in the film?

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:27 PM   #103
shauner111
Side-Kick

That's fine. But I don't feel much in that scene especially when I'm taken out of it as soon as that moron only tells his employees to leave (once Bruce gives him the go). And then he has a chance to leave with them but stays back and just watches as these aliens crash into his building. He STILL stays put and decides to pray. It's hilarious. It can pass as a comedy in that instant, so when I see Bruce running towards his building probably because of "Jack". I don't feel anything. I do like Bruce helping his employees and saving the girl but to me it's still a cheap and easy thing to throw in there for some feels before we get to the 2.5 plus hour murderfest from the same guy. It's the easiest thing in the world to write in. "Just have Bruce save a little girl. Ehh that should be enough to get the audience to understand why he hates Superman!"

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
Old 03-11-2017, 03:45 AM   #104
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Quote:
He thinks of his own mother ? In that scene? Did you just add a new shot of your own that wasn't in the film?
Were you watching his facial expressions at all? Honestly, were you?

Old 03-11-2017, 04:43 AM   #105
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

He looked angry.

Aziz
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:13 AM   #106
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleiek View Post
Were you watching his facial expressions at all? Honestly, were you?
Yeah. Were you?

Old 03-11-2017, 06:38 AM   #107
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Yeah. That's how I know that Bruce knows the pain of losing a mother and empathizes with the girl.

It is so obvious if only people paid attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
He looked angry.
He started to get angry only after witnessing Supes and Zod crash landing towards Earth. Before that, he comforts the girls and when the girl points towards the building, you can clearly see the sadness in Batfleck's eyes. Wait, seriously was all these so subtle only I can see it?

Last edited by Sleiek; 03-11-2017 at 06:51 AM.
Sleiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:14 AM   #108
shauner111
Side-Kick

He gives a quick glance and looks like "aww that's a shame" then looks away quickly putting angry attention to superman . I think you're exaggerating the sadness in his eyes. If anything Ben isn't a subtle or nuanced actor and doesn't make me feel much in that scene. Maybe if he was a stronger actor..

Old 03-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #109
Sleiek
Side-Kick

As far as I am concerned, he is doing a far better job than Christian Bale in the acting department.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:39 AM   #110
shauner111
Side-Kick

That's the joke of the year. Ben is playing each persona EXACTLY the same. Ben wishes he was half the actor Christian is. And he would probably admit that too.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:39 AM   #111
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Disagreed. Ben doesn't overact. Christian is better at that.

And for the record, I am not talking about Christian Bale's other movies, it's just his Bruce Wayne and Batman that is weaker than it should be.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:01 AM   #112
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Christian is far better at playing Batman than Ben. Ben is one note. Christian actually has range. Christian could play the Billionaire playboy, the rage-filled crimefighter, the angry young man, and the real man beneath all the masks. And that's all in one movie. Ben doesn't even have enough skill to create his own Batvoice.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:09 AM   #113
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

^ Exactly. That's why Bale always tops the best Batman polls by a long margin. That's why he won awards like the People's Choice Awards, Saturn, Scream, and MTV awards for best hero in the TDK trilogy.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:30 AM   #114
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Funny I saw Ben exhibit multiple emotions in one movie than Christian in 3. I will take modulated voice, which is still highly effective, than Christian's overacting voice anyday.

They didn't give modulated voice to him because they thought Ben's voice is terrible. It's a creative choice. We don't yet know if Ben is capable or not.

Last edited by Sleiek; 03-11-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:35 AM   #115
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Funny I saw Ben exhibit multiple emotions in one movie than Christian in 3.
Funny, I saw Ben get nominated for more razzies in one movie than Christian in 3.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #116
Sleiek
Side-Kick

As if people actually take Razzies seriously.

The only people who take it seriously are the ones who use it to justify their own opinion. More power to them if that makes them feel better.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #117
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
The only people who take it seriously are the ones who use it to justify their own opinion.
And the only people who try to undermine them are the ones whose opinion doesn't line up with the Razzies.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #118
Sleiek
Side-Kick

How many even talk about Razzies? I bet most of my friends don't know what a Razzie is. I'm highly certain of that.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:55 AM   #119
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
How many even talk about Razzies? :
This doesn't dispute what I said: The only people who try to undermine the razzies do so because they disagree with the Razzies.

Like, for example, someone who thinks BvS is a 9/10 film.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:57 AM   #120
The Joker

Quote:
They didn't give modulated voice to him because they thought Ben's voice is terrible. It's a creative choice. We don't yet know if Ben is capable or not.
And they messed with Christian's voice in post production, which was a creative choice, too. But at least he still sounded like a human being putting on a gritty voice, instead of coming off as a cyborg.

- The Joker
Old 03-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #121
shauner111
Side-Kick

Ben has made an entire career out of overacting and not being believable in 80 percent of his films. He has never been much of a respected actor, and people only started taking him seriously once he started directing. And that had more to do with him as a filmmaker. Bale has been respected for decades now, by everyone in the business.

If you think Affleck gave a better performance. Cool. Most of us disagree. Ben doesn't have much range as an actor. I don't buy it when he's angry. I don't buy it when he's emotional. Bale is a dedicated actor, and i saw the character. Affleck plays Bruce and Batman like Affleck throwing on a suit. You know what you're going to get with him.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:28 AM   #122
Timebomb
Side-Kick

I think it's safe to say that Bale is regarded as the best Batman regardless of what anybodys circle of friends think of the opinion. However, it is my opinion that if the polls were taken again then Lego Batman would probably be regarded higher than Ben as well.

Timebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:41 AM   #123
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -n

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
This doesn't dispute what I said: The only people who try to undermine the razzies do so because they disagree with the Razzies.

Like, for example, someone who thinks BvS is a 9/10 film.
You don't have to like a film that's been nominated for Razzies to undermine it. It's very existence is based on mocking the work of others, work that is an art form. Anyone who understands it will question the credibility of the Razzies.

And my impression of Christian Bale is that he is serviceable for the Batman character. I have loved the TDKT But not for its Batman. You don't have to be an award winning actor to play the character. My comparison is relative in nature. Bale isn't bad but Affleck is just plain better in my opinion. He's got a commanding presence as both Bruce Wayne/Batman and surprisingly has the fire that fits the character. And I couldn't care less about Affleck outside his Batman. Somehow he is the perfect fit for Batman which still surprises me and that's why I'm defending his acting. I don't care for his other movies. With Christian Bale, it's the opposite. He's great in other movies but I can't really get 100% behind his Batman. We are talking about a fictional character and we have our own idea of what Batman should be. Affleck fits my version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
And they messed with Christian's voice in post production, which was a creative choice, too. But at least he still sounded like a human being putting on a gritty voice, instead of coming off as a cyborg.
When you say Cyborg, do you mean the League member or a terminator? Because Cyborg the league member sounds like a human being too.

Anyway, feels like deja vu. Going round and round in circles I suppose.

Last edited by Sleiek; 03-11-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #124
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -n

Quote:
You don't have to like a film that's been nominated for Razzies to undermine it.
That is obvious, and can go without saying. That being said, when it is undermined, its usually for the reasons I've said.

Last edited by The Batman; 03-11-2017 at 09:51 AM.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #125
The Joker

Quote:
Ben has made an entire career out of overacting and not being believable in 80 percent of his films. He has never been much of a respected actor, and people only started taking him seriously once he started directing. And that had more to do with him as a filmmaker. Bale has been respected for decades now, by everyone in the business.

If you think Affleck gave a better performance. Cool. Most of us disagree. Ben doesn't have much range as an actor. I don't buy it when he's angry. I don't buy it when he's emotional. Bale is a dedicated actor, and i saw the character. Affleck plays Bruce and Batman like Affleck throwing on a suit. You know what you're going to get with him.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebomb View Post
I think it's safe to say that Bale is regarded as the best Batman regardless of what anybodys circle of friends think of the opinion. However, it is my opinion that if the polls were taken again then Lego Batman would probably be regarded higher than Ben as well.
Yeah, I think time will be kinder to Lego Batman than Batfleck. Unless the Batman solo actually gets a decent Batman this time.

Quote:
When you say Cyborg, do you mean the League member or a terminator? Because Cyborg the league member sounds like a human being too.
Neither. I mean cyborg as in sounding like a machine. A robotic sounding voice.

- The Joker