The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

Old 01-10-2018, 06:34 PM   #51
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually consolidate the casts and drop Fear altogether.
I don't know how I'd feel about this, since FTWD has been head and shoulders in quality over the mothership (to me).

I'm not alone in this sentiment, either: https://www.reddit.com/r/FearTheWalk..._the_original/

The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russell

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-- Denis Diderot
carrrnuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:02 PM   #52
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I liked the first season of Fear a lot, but it's been sliding down for me ever since.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:42 PM   #53
Sawyer
High King

With Gimple taking on a executive producer role in FTWD, I've thought for awhile that the endgame of this series would see it integrated with TWD proper, either by putting those characters into Rick's group or by pitting them against eachother.

With Morgan migrating over to this series, I'd guess it'll be the former, but you never know.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #54
JewishHobbit
Banned User

I thought the first season was decent but didn't like the second season. That said, I thought the third season was phenomenal.

I'd be okay with consolidating the two shows though if ratings slide hard enough on Fear. I'd love to see Nick with the main Walking Dead cast.

JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:33 PM   #55
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Fear the Walking Dead finally has a Season 4 premiere date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Guide
Fear the Walking Dead finally has a Season 4 premiere date!

AMC announced at the Television Critics Association winter press tour that more walkers will be headed your way on Sunday, April 15th at 10/9c.
Let me guess the reason behind FTWD season 4 premiering that particular Sunday @ 10pm instead of it's regular 9pm time slot is because TWD Season 8 finale will be premiering @ 9pm. In order to segue into the crossover. If true, at least that'll spare us from another drawn out 90 minute season finale.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:31 PM   #56
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Fear the Walking Dead: Meet the new characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly

Lennie James as Morgan and Maggie Grace as Althea

"Althea is someone who is uniquely qualified to survive — to thrive, even — in this world because of who she was before the apocalypse," says co-showrunner Ian Goldberg of the new character being played by Lost alum Maggie Grace. "When we meet her, we'll find she has, in many ways, picked up right where she left off before the world collapsed. She has a number of impressive weapons in her arsenal, including a curiosity and understanding of people that often gives her a tactical advantage. It's never something for nothing with Althea. She has a greater purpose that she is constantly working toward; one which Strand takes a particular interest in."

Maggie Grace as Althea and Garret Dillahunt as John

"John is a man of fascinating contradictions," says Goldberg of this new addition played by Deadwood's Garret Dillahunt. "He loves people but has spent a great deal of time on his own. He’s a gentle soul — an innocent in many ways — but is no stranger to violence. He can be soft-spoken and disarmingly funny all at once."

Goldberg is also thrilled to have Maggie Grace onboard as Althea. "We have been fans of Maggie Grace for a long time — she brings an intelligence, sensitivity, and innate strength to Althea that has been really exciting to watch."

Kim Dickens as Madison and Jenna Elfman as Naomi

"Naomi's a capable survivor we'll meet living on her own early on in the season," explains co-showrunner Andrew Chambliss of this new face on the show played by Dharma & Greg's Jenna Elfman. "She'll have her guard up as she crosses paths with Madison and her family, and — as we'll learn over the course of the season — she'll have a very good reason for keeping people at a distance. Even so, she'll end up developing some connections that surprise her, including a bond with Alicia."

Garret Dillahunt as John

"When we started to think about an actor who could embody all these contradictions and then some, our minds immediately went to Garret Dillahunt," says Goldberg.
"It’s been so much fun watching Garret breathe life into the role and to see his character navigating the FTWD world."

Jenna Elfman as Naomi

"When we were casting Naomi, we wanted an actor who had the gravitas the role required while still bringing humor and levity to the character," says Chambliss. "When our wonderful casting team floated Jenna's name to us, we all looked at each other and said, 'Yes, she's Naomi.' Fortunately, Jenna thought so too."

Old 03-06-2018, 02:41 AM   #57
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Here's Your Exclusive First Look at Fear the Walking Dead Season 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Guide
Much has been made about all the changes coming to Fear the Walking Dead in Season 4. New showrunners, new tone, new characters played by recognizable actors like Jenna Elfman and Garret Dillahunt, and of course the arrival of Morgan (Lennie James) from The Walking Dead. But what about the folks who are coming back? The show already had a core group of characters, after all.

TV Guide has the first Season 4 photos of returning characters Alicia Clark (Alycia Debnam-Carey), Victor Strand (Colman Domingo) and Luciana Galvez (Danay Garcia). That means anyone worried that Alicia and Strand didn't survive the dam explosion in the Season 3 finale can rest easy.

It will be particularly interesting to see how Luciana's return plays out. Luciana, who was Nick Clark's (Frank Dillane) girlfriend, slipped off in the night early last season in search of a friend in Mexicali, since she didn't see a future for herself at the Broke Jaw Ranch. She made a brief appearance in Madison's (Kim Dickens) dream sequence in the season finale, but really she's been gone for a while. We're very curious to find out how she found Alicia and Strand again.

In keeping with the show's reinvention, the characters look a little different now. Season 4 will shift the action to Texas, and it looks like the formerly all-business Strand has picked up a new hipster wardrobe to blend in with his Austin surroundings. He looks like his indie band is playing at SXSW. We're into it.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #58
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 Photos Hint at Monstrous Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLine
As Fear the Walking Dead warned us with its calamitous Season 3 finale, these Season 4 photos, released exclusively to TVLine Wednesday, appear to confirm that The Walking Dead offshoot is about to go dark. Very dark.

The cast portraits, full of grim faces and a background so black, it threatens to swallow the actors whole, suggest that under new showrunners Andrew Chambliss (Once Upon a Time) and Ian Goldberg (Dead of Summer) there will be no lightening up of the AMC drama, which returns Sunday, April 10, following TWD’s Season 8 finale. The pictures — among them, shots of new series regulars Lennie James (who’s crossing over Morgan from TWD), Jenna Elfman (Dharma and Greg), Garret Dillahunt (The Mindy Project) and Maggie Grace (Lost) — also reveal which characters’ whose fates were left up in the air at the end of Season 3 still have a pulse going into Season 4.

Per the show’s official logline, in the coming episodes, the Clark family and Morgan’s “immediate past mixes with an uncertain present of struggle and discovery as they meet new friends, foes and threats. They fight for each other, against each other and against a legion of the dead to somehow build an existence against the crushing pressure of lives coming apart. There will be darkness and light; terror and grace; the heroic, mercenary and craven, all crashing together towards a new reality.”

Old 03-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #59
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Old 03-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #60
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Fear the Walking Dead Season 4: ‘A New World to Fear’ Official Teaser
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #61
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

They all look so pensive, lol

Old 03-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #62
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

More Season 4 photos...

New Fear The Walking Dead Crossover Pics Finally Give Us Some 'Dam' Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syfy Wire
AMC has unleashed some new pics from Fear the Walking Dead’s fourth season, revealing surviving characters and finally giving us some answers to last season’s cliffhanger ending. We’ve collected these new photos in a gallery at the bottom of the page, but first, let’s look at what this means for the show’s ensemble.

The cliffhanger at the end of last season left the fate of almost every character up in the air, as a dam exploded with pieces scattered pretty much all over the chessboard. It served as not only the end of the arc, but also a fresh set-up for incoming showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, who took over for Dave Erickson.

The survivors include Nick Clark, who is seen relating with The Walking Dead crossover character Morgan Jones, as well as Victor Strand and Alicia Clark. These join Luciana as folks that fans weren’t 100 percent certain were even alive in order to return to the show. However, it looks like the Clark family survived the dam’s destruction at the end of last season.

In fact, the only major character whose fate we’re currently unsure of in the AMC spin-off series is that of Daniel Salazar. He could’ve survived after shooting his daughter, Ofelia, to prevent her zombification, or he could’ve joined her in death.

Until Fear the Walking Dead premieres its fourth season at 10 PM ET on April 15, all we have is speculation. But these photos should help pass the time:

Old 03-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #63
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

I wonder how big a time jump it'll be between Season 4 and the Season 3 finale (which was between 2 or 2.5 months into apocalypse) because (based off those photos) Madison and co. don't look much older or different (aside from Strand's trimmed beard and haircut) to how they did before the dam collapsed. However, Morgan looks like how he's looked post Eastman and currently. I thought it's already been confirmed that FTWD was going to do a huge time jump to align with the parent show?

Old 03-07-2018, 05:07 PM   #64
KevTravels
Side-Kick

All these characters on the show. Does it mean a massive loss in screentime for Madison and Alicia?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:38 PM   #65
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Fear the Walking Dead’ Season 4 Candid Photos: Head Into the Woods With Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Us Weekly
Worlds are officially colliding. Season 4 of AMC’s spinoff Fear the Walking Dead will introduce Morgan (Lennie James) into the picture. What will the world of Madison (Kim Dickens) look like through his eyes? That is the question.

Scroll through Us Weekly’s exclusive season 4 photos below. Fear the Walking Dead season 4 premieres following The Walking Dead finale on AMC Sunday, April 15, at 10 p.m. ET.
Quote:

Madison's World

Morgan and Madison’s pasts "mixes with an uncertain present of struggle and discovery” — but will they be on the same team?
Quote:

An Ally or Enemy

Alicia (Alycia Debnam-Carey) has a new ally this season — Jenna Elfman’s Naomi — but while they fight for each other, it’ll be a battle to stay in line with the rest.
Quote:

A Lightness For Nick

“There will be darkness and light, terror and grace” this season. One has to wonder what side of that Nick (Frank Dillane) will fall into, especially with his mother and sister leading the way.
Quote:

Naomi's Guard Is Up

New this season, Naomi immediately bonds with Alicia. However, that doesn’t mean she can’t take care of herself.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #66
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

More Season 4 character photos...

Quote:

Introducing Althea

Another new addition this season, Althea (Maggie Grace) joins as one of the strong women who survived the apocalypse and isn’t broken down by it. She’s ready to fight, and is bringing a great deal of weapons along with her.
Quote:

Proctor John Under Pressure

The leader of the Proctors (Ray McKinnon) is extremely bright, but can he face the pressure? This season "the heroic, mercenary, and craven will all come crashing together toward a new reality,” AMC revealed.
Quote:

Crossing Paths

Luciana (Danay Garcia) returns as a force to work with.
Quote:

Strand Up

Even if Strand (Colman Domingo) is … stranded … chances are, he can hold his own.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #67
KevTravels
Side-Kick

"Even if Strand is....stranded"

lol

Old 03-17-2018, 05:39 PM   #68
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Fear the Walking Dead: 'After the Fall' Season 4 Teaser

These promos and photos have been very ambiguous about Salazar's fate.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:00 PM   #69
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Here's to hoping this season is better than the last.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:43 PM   #70
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Old 03-27-2018, 10:52 AM   #71
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I'm ready.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:32 PM   #72
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Fear the Walking Dead Season 4: 'My Old Ways' WonderCon Trailer

So far Season 4 of FTWD looks more interesting than these past two seasons of TWD. I'm still a little skeptical about this season with Gimple involved. I've heard that they'll be playing around with the timeline on this show as well, which worries me because that approach to storytelling has been overused and abused on the main show to where it's used as a gimmick. I'm also concerned about Salazar's absence in these promos, trailers, and photos etc. If he's alive and there keeping it hidden? Why are they repeating this plotpoint with Salazar? He's one of the better written characters so I hope he's still alive. Plus he has a score to settle with Strand. I want to see that get resolved.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #73
KevTravels
Side-Kick

It's really worrying when Fear The Walking Dead is kicking the walking dead's butt.

It's last season has been better than either of the current nor season 7 of The Walking Dead.

Old 03-30-2018, 12:19 AM   #74
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Fear the Walking Dead: 'A New World to Fear' Official Teaser

Old 04-04-2018, 12:30 AM   #75
Elevator Man
Side-Kick