The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #101
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I honestly wish ABC/Disney had a CW type channel that could let things do its own thing.
Freeform.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #102
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Inhumans I would say is a good example of why you can't do the Fantastic Four on TV, or at least shouldn't for right now. Even with the advances for many shows, it's still too limited.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:44 PM   #103
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I agree with that. As much as everyone (except me, apparently) complains about Medusa's hair, it pales in comparison to Mr. Fantastic's stretching, which has never looked good in live action. And, on a TV budget, they would use the effect twice anyway. The fact that Legends of Tomorrow can't afford to use Firestorm in every episode shows that the Human Torch is likely out (and that seems one of the easier effects to use). The Thing would probably be a guest star (who "dies" in the first five minutes) and is practical makeup effects.

On the bright side, Sue Storm would finally get the bigger role she deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Freeform.
While it's no longer ABC Family, it's still very much a teen to early adult soap opera channel. CW is theoretically a bit teen as well, but tends to skew a bit older.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #104
terry78
I don't die, fool

The oldest show on CW right now is Supernatural I think.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:07 PM   #105
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
The oldest show on CW right now is Supernatural I think.
It will be one of three shows (alongside Grey's Anatomy and the Big Bang Theory) that will still air new episodes a million years from now even after a nuclear apocalypse.

Supernatural is on their 200th season on the air I think.

Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:22 PM   #106
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Ncis, Law and Order: SVU and Criminal Minds say hi!

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:52 PM   #107
terry78
I don't die, fool

I still enjoy it because frankly it's the only goddamn show where the leads are my age.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:13 PM   #108
samsnee
Side-Kick

This would have been better as a season long arc on AoS. You could still have the same beats of Maximus staging a rebellion but maybe start it with the Shield running into Black Bolt when he first appears on Earth and trying to figure out what's going on.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:20 PM   #109
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Imagine if Scott Buck got a promotion after this and replaces Jeph Loeb as head of Marvel TV. Josh Trank is showrunner on Moon Knight.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #110
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree with that. As much as everyone (except me, apparently) complains about Medusa's hair, it pales in comparison to Mr. Fantastic's stretching, which has never looked good in live action. And, on a TV budget, they would use the effect twice anyway. The fact that Legends of Tomorrow can't afford to use Firestorm in every episode shows that the Human Torch is likely out (and that seems one of the easier effects to use). The Thing would probably be a guest star (who "dies" in the first five minutes) and is practical makeup effects.

On the bright side, Sue Storm would finally get the bigger role she deserves.

While it's no longer ABC Family, it's still very much a teen to early adult soap opera channel. CW is theoretically a bit teen as well, but tends to skew a bit older.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

They literally shave Medusa bald in the FIRST EPISODE! That's literally how long she had her hair powers.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 09-04-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #111
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Hence my comment about using it twice. I just wanted to be cryptic because this isn't a spoilers thread and it hasn't aired on TV yet.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #112
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I put it in tags for safety. But I mean, it was in the TV spots man. We know what happens to her hair in the preview clips.

- CM Punk
Old 09-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #113
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Imagine if Scott Buck got a promotion after this and replaces Jeph Loeb as head of Marvel TV. Josh Trank is showrunner on Moon Knight.
Scott Buck is replacing Kevin Feige. He'll work his magic on the movies.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:24 PM   #114
Stark Bauer
Wants 2b cast as Darkhawk

Saw it in theatres on Friday...for half price...still felt ripped off. The poster was nice...but...I really hope that Marvel Studios retcons the Inhumans and starts over.
I am a hardcore Marvel fan. This was GARBAGE. This makes all the non Marvel Studios projects look like masterpieces. Even both Ghost Rider movies were better. Elektra - lets not go there. The only thing I would keep is Lockjaw and probably Anson Mount but give him a mask next time.

ABSOL U T ELY FIRE THE COSTUMING DEPARTMENT - Couldn't stop glaring at Medusa's outfit - everytime it would appear on screen I would physically cringe - especially when she was on earth!

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” - MLK
Stark Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:06 AM   #115
Comicbookguy339
Side-Kick

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp...ax-bow-1034545
Quote:
Sources tell THR that the eight-episode series was produced over three months in Hawaii and underwent a number of reshoots. Among them was an estimated $100,000 to fix the visual effects for the wig worn by Swan's Medusa, who has the ability to move and control her hair the way most people use their hands and fingers. (Feature director Roel Reine, who helmed both Imax episodes, noted that the first trailer for Inhumans may have been released too early as it featured unfinished VFX, including Medusa's hair.) Meanwhile, some insiders say Lockjaw eventually disappears from the story because the production couldn't afford the continued cost to deliver the huge canine.
Hahahaha, what a mess. There is absolutely no way this had the same budget as GoT. That report of a 80-100M budget has to be inaccurate.

Last edited by Comicbookguy339; 09-05-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Comicbookguy339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:37 AM   #116
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

MovieBob review, 2.5/4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uhkTJFtWls
Boils down to:
-it's just a network tv show, it's fine so far
-people are too eager to say Marvel failed
-Anson Mount is good, could be great later on

I want to believe!

ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #117
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

With Scott Buck we'll find that Lockjaw disappears, Medusa loses her hair, Blackbolt loses his voice, Gorgon gets his legs chopped off, Crystal decides she doesn't like changeable weather etc, just to save on the budget. Always Buck the cheapskate.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:42 AM   #118
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
With Scott Buck we'll find that Lockjaw disappears, Medusa loses her hair, Blackbolt loses his voice, Gorgon gets his legs chopped off, Crystal decides she doesn't like changeable weather etc, just to save on the budget. Always Buck the cheapskate.
Maybe Blackbolt just decides not to speak. Just that.
You know The Buckman may do it.

ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:50 AM   #119
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
While true, I think this is only because the CW is an older channel. It skews older because its viewers have themselves aged upward. They aren't intrinsically different. If you looked at the CW 10 years ago, it probably looks an awful lot like what Freeform looks like today.

( Well, maybe a little better, but that's mostly because Supernatural was at its peak, and we now know in retrospect that it was a show with legs, whereas we have no such certainty on Freeform. )

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #120
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Buck certainly deserves blame for how he allocated the available resources, but it's not his fault that Disney/Marvel/ABC didn't give him enough money to keep Medusa's hair and dog onscreen.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:41 PM   #121
Comicbookguy339
Side-Kick

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marvels_inhumans
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/ma...e_inhumans/s01

0% at rottentomatoes.

Comicbookguy339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #122
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy339 View Post
Great start Buck!

Old 09-05-2017, 02:09 PM   #123
Zant
Side-Kick

I wonder if Feige will still acknowledge that Marvel tv is connected to his MCU. Its never too late for a retcon.

Zant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #124
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
I wonder if Feige will still acknowledge that Marvel tv is connected to his MCU. Its never too late for a retcon.
Has Feige ever acknowledged a connection between Marvel TV and the cinematic MCU? I thought that was strictly Loeb's deal. And that lack of connection means a retcon probably isn't required if Feige decides to recast a Defender or Inhuman for the big screen.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:38 PM   #125
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy339 View Post

Goddamn

Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote