The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

Old 09-29-2017, 07:00 PM   #1
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Lightbulb "MAKE WAY FOR... MEDUSA" - Inhumans' fourth episode (Use Spoiler tags)

“Make Way for … Medusa” – The search for Black Bolt continues on Earth; meanwhile, Maximus makes bold moves to cement his status as the new ruler of Attilan, on an all-new episode of “Marvel’s Inhumans,” airing on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13 (9:01-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

Director: David Straiton
Writer: Wendy West

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #2
psylockolussus
Fierce User

SHH! Promo

Old 10-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #3
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Default Re: "MAKE WAY FOR... MEDUSA" - Inhumans' fourth episode (Use Spoiler tags)

So what do you think, is Desmond a good guy or badguy?

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #4
Morg
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: "MAKE WAY FOR... MEDUSA" - Inhumans' fourth episode (Use Spoiler tags)

did that gun shoot laser or something at the police car?

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:09 PM   #5
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
did that gun shoot laser or something at the police car?
I assume it was Auran's gun?

ETA: The explanation of Black Bolt's powers here are very similar to those in the comics.

ETA2: I guess that answers my question earlier.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #6
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I assume it was Auran's gun?

ETA: The explanation of Black Bolt's powers here are very similar to those in the comics.

ETA2: I guess that answers my question earlier.
They are still down playing his abilities.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:15 PM   #7
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Still, "a whisper in your sleep could kill your wife" captures his curse.

My point is his voice comes from harnessing electrons to power himself. This says he absorbs energy through his neural pathways (or something like that) into his voice.

ETA: And considering that we've only seen him use his powers when young and as barely an exhale, I don't think we have a good sense of the extent of his powers.

Last edited by Mike Murdock; 10-13-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:32 PM   #8
Morg
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

How did she know I'm a princess? *snorts*

Old 10-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #9
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

It's worth a chuckle. I don't think Isabelle Cornish necessarily pulls it off, though.

One complaint, with all the main characters on Earth, it doesn't really give Maximus enough to play off of. It'd be fun if there was actually some battle of wills on the moon.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:42 PM   #10
Morg
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Really don't like Medusa, she's too much with the attitude

Old 10-13-2017, 08:53 PM   #11
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

That scene was quite cool at showing Maximus's sociopathic tendencies.

ETA: Clever Black Bolt.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:41 PM   #12
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

I have to see it on Hulu tomorrow.

Overall feelings folks, Yay or Nay?

Ironman=A, The Incredible Hulk=C+, Ironman 2=B-, Thor=B+, Captain America:The First Avenger=B+, The Avengers=A, Ironman 3=C+, Thor: The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A+, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B, Ant-man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=A, Doctor Strange=B+, Galaxy of the Galaxy Vol 2=B, Spider-man:Homecoming=A-, Thor:Ragnarok=A-,Black Panther=A,Avengers:Infinity War=A, Ant-man & the Wasp=?, Captain Marvel=?, TA4:??=?, ?=?
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:39 PM   #13
KevTravels
Side-Kick

the chick from the pot farm. HOTTTTTT

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:57 AM   #14
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
Overall feelings folks, Yay or Nay?
I'd say somewhere in between yay and nay. Good development for Medusa, not feeling the filleresque storylines for Karnak, Gorgon and Crystal with Crystal's the lamest of all. For two people who are part of the royal family via marriage, Medusa and Crystal act like they're born into it. Maximus has quite the sticky fingers. So closer to yay than nay, I guess.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:44 AM   #15
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

I'll watch until the last episode anyway, but it's getting really uneven, especially Gorgon's story.

Ken Leung could have hit the gym just a bit, no?

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #16
ouroboros
Side-Kick

IMO the weakest episode so far, and the term "filleresque" describes it perfectly.

I'm beginning to regret having defended the show on other threads.

ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:40 PM   #17
herolee10
No More Miracles

So the island of Oahu/Hawaii, as the MCU portrays it, is one where it's easy for strangers to:

1. Find surfers willing to fight and die for you after only a few hours of talking with them.

2. Where you can get captured by an extremely attractive woman who is willing to make out and do all sorts of things with you.

3. Where prisoners are ready to stand by your side if you can prove to them that you don't like the police.

Huh; so how do I get to this version of Hawaii since the one that I'm living on has NO RESEMBLANCE to the one portrayed on this show in any way whatsoever.

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:11 PM   #18
nine

I'm skipping the next few episodes. A bald headed Medusa & Blackbolt that seems useless. Who thought this was as interesting as AOS?

nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:53 AM   #19
Micromind
Nerd foru m dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So the island of Oahu/Hawaii, as the MCU portrays it, is one where it's easy for strangers to:

1. Find surfers willing to fight and die for you after only a few hours of talking with them.

2. Where you can get captured by an extremely attractive woman who is willing to make out and do all sorts of things with you.

3. Where prisoners are ready to stand by your side if you can prove to them that you don't like the police.

Huh; so how do I get to this version of Hawaii since the one that I'm living on has NO RESEMBLANCE to the one portrayed on this show in any way whatsoever.
Ha !

Micromind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #20
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Best episode so far! Its actually good though still not great.

I don't like the Karnak sub story though with the chick and the jealous friend.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #21
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

For me, this was a step down from last week's episode. A pity, since I'd hoped that the streak of each episode improving on the last would continue.

I can't get over what a bad idea it was to split everyone up in the first episode. It would be like if Ned Stark had been killed in GOT's pilot and the Stark kids sent on their merry ways before we even got a grasp on the family dynamics.

That whole scene with the vet was so awkward. Unless the vet turns out to be important later on it just felt like a waste of time.

I still can't figure out what they're doing with Mortis. OOH we're supposed to be terrified of him, OTOH he seems to be a form of whiny comic relief.

Anson Mount's permafrown is starting to get on my nerves. Can he please make a different expression?

On the plus side, I did like Louise. She's a spaz, but a fun one.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:19 PM   #22
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

I am trying to create an accurate Marvel Cinematic Universe power Tier list, and thought the best way to get standings would be to get a general consensus, and the best way to do this is to create vs. matches, allow the hype forum a week to debate and vote and then use these results to place them on the tier list. I know this process will take a while, but it seems to me like it would make it the most accurate possible and be a lot of fun to be involved with. So, if you want to vote on the first battle or get into a debate on why you think a specific character should win leave a comment and who knows you might influnce others. Please keep in mind though these are the MCU versions and not their comic book versions I am asking you to vote for. Also, please don't select a character to win just because you might like them more if you feel they would lose.

Sorry to interrupt the this thread, but just want to spread the word so I get a good amount of people participating hopefully. Link below.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535035

Surfer

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=542955

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #23
Random490
Side-Kick

I'm only watching because I've seen everything from the MCU and I don't want to break the streak. But man it's a chore to get through this show. It's just baffling the decisions that they make with this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

The trade off is you get police offers and prison guards who are both brutal and idiotic.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:13 PM   #24
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Honestly, I feel like this would be better binging. At least then, if it's not your cup of tea, you can get it over in a day.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:24 PM   #25
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Well we are already half way done. Its just more or less than 245 minutes of footage left.