The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Old 11-02-2017, 12:22 AM   #76
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't know if this is unpopular, but I like the American ending for Army of Darkness better than the alternate ending, though a lot of that comes from hindsight. Since they didn't make a fourth Evil Dead film, it's better to just send Ash home and wrap things up instead of ending on a grim cliffhanger. Plus the fight in the S-Mart matches the tone of the rest of the film better.

VIDEO: Just how old are the X-Men in the movies? A Mathematical Analysis
DawnWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:08 AM   #77
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnWarrior View Post
I don't know if this is unpopular, but I like the American ending for Army of Darkness better than the alternate ending, though a lot of that comes from hindsight. Since they didn't make a fourth Evil Dead film, it's better to just send Ash home and wrap things up instead of ending on a grim cliffhanger. Plus the fight in the S-Mart matches the tone of the rest of the film better.
I prefer the mall ending too.

Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.
--Clay tablet in an abandoned Trickster temple
OutOfBoose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:43 AM   #78
LaughterLives
Banned User

I think Leonardo Dicaprio is the most overrated actor in history.

Tom Hardy was a better Mad Max than Mel Gibson

LaughterLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:24 AM   #79
Travesty
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughterLives View Post
I think Leonardo Dicaprio is the most overrated actor in history.
Do you think he's a bad actor, or do you just think he gets too much praise, but is still ok?

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #80
LaughterLives
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Do you think he's a bad actor, or do you just think he gets too much praise, but is still ok?
I think he's a decent over-actor whose pulled off a few great performances but not many. When he works with directors who know how to make him balance a performance, He's brilliant but I think its so rare that he works with these types of directors.
I don't think he deserved the nom yet alone the win for The Revenant at all.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:09 PM   #81
Deck Rickard
Fighting is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnWarrior View Post
I’ve never actually seen the alternate ending but I like the S-Mart ending just fine. It’s hilarious how he still has the metal hand in the present day.

Deck Rickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #82
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herofan View Post
I don't get the appeal of Robert Zemeckis films (aside from Back to the Future, and even that mostly just the first one).
I do think Gump can be overbearing at times..but I think Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a nearly perfect movie for what it is. I think it combines suspense, humor, and heart to create what is probably the definitive live action/animated hybrid. Surely you'll agree, pppppleaaaaasse?

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:28 PM   #83
Herofan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I do think Gump can be overbearing at times..but I think Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a nearly perfect movie for what it is. I think it combines suspense, humor, and heart to create what is probably the definitive live action/animated hybrid. Surely you'll agree, pppppleaaaaasse?
Sorry. Like most of his other films (I also do like Beowulf) it feels a little too pompously old-fashioned and uneven between dry and OTT. I like most of the individual characters (Eddie, Jessica, especially Judge Doom, kind of Roger) but not the annoying car or the whole story, the ending feels pretty disconnected to before.

But Forrest Gump especially, I love most of the songs used but they were really unfitting as used there.

Herofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:58 AM   #84
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

I don't get the hate for Shia LaBeouf. He's a fine actor.

Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #85
LaughterLives
Banned User

Agreed!

Old 11-05-2017, 12:51 PM   #86
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck Rickard View Post
I’ve never actually seen the alternate ending

If that's where the franchise left off (as much as I realize the Evil Dead series practically remakes and reboots itself), I would have been perfectly fine with that.
That also fits the movie's tone even though the S-Mart ending works for the eventual tv show.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:38 PM   #87
Doctor Jones
No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynplaine View Post
I liked Blade Runner 2049 more than Blade Runner.
That's because it's a better movie.

The original will forever be groundbreaking and influential more in terms of style than story, yet its ideas have always been stronger, which carried over into B49 which took some of the flaws of the original and made them better.

It also has Roy Batty which is very notable, but looking at both films, and seeing which accomplishes what it sets out to do the most, it's B49. I love the original, yet what I feel and the impact B49 has had on me is what fans of the original had for them. The things I see in the original and love are not only in B49, but there's an superbly told story and plot there too to latch onto. Add that to the expansion of the original's ideas in the correct and natural direction, you have one of the best sequels of all time.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:45 PM   #88
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
That's because it's a better movie.

The original will forever be groundbreaking and influential more in terms of style than story, yet its ideas have always been stronger, which carried over into B49 which took some of the flaws of the original and made them better.

It also has Roy Batty which is very notable, but looking at both films, and seeing which accomplishes what it sets out to do the most, it's B49. I love the original, yet what I feel and the impact B49 has had on me is what fans of the original had for them. The things I see in the original and love are not only in B49, but there's an superbly told story and plot there too to latch onto. Add that to the expansion of the original's ideas in the correct and natural direction, you have one of the best sequels of all time.
I agree, good points Dr. Jones

gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #89
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Love Tim Burton's POTA film.

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:44 PM   #90
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
It's hard to wash away that transformers' stain in his shirt.

Enriquespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:48 PM   #91
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquespy View Post
It's hard to wash away that transformers' stain in his shirt.
Transformers suck, but not because of Shia's acting.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:03 PM   #92
DyeLorean
will return

Quote:
He is. I remember watching Fury and I was like "he's quite good in this!". I think it was all that weird personal stuff he got himself into a few years ago, but it looks like he's doing all independent, smaller, more risky films and I like that.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:18 PM   #93
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I think Agnes Varda's Vagabond was a droll exercise in situational diversity, rather than a progressive drama or character exploration. I think her earlier film, Cleo from 5 to 7, is a much more satisfactory and well composed movie.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #94
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Von Zombie View Post
It's insulting in how it was handled and that it was only addressed because people complained about it. It's reactionary film making which doesn't work. Suicide Squad is also a testament to this.

Again, the fight against Zod was not relentless. Zod gave Clark more than one opportunity to collect himself and move the fight elsewhere which he should have done because he's supposed to be Superman. No amount of mental gymnastics is going to change that. Whether or not I've been in a fight is painfully irrelevant because I'm not a Jesus allegory Kryptonian. The issues with the Donner version do not magically excuse the issues with Snyder's take on the character. You clearly put more thought into this than Snyder and Goyer did. That alone should be a huge red flag to you.
I completely disagree with you on pretty much all points but its very obvious you're going to only see what you want in this. I guess my unpopular opinion is MOS is a great film and makes perfect narrative sense and i saw a very different film than you did.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #95
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post

If that's where the franchise left off (as much as I realize the Evil Dead series practically remakes and reboots itself), I would have been perfectly fine with that.
That also fits the movie's tone even though the S-Mart ending works for the eventual tv show.
LMAO, I've never seen that before but I would've been totally cool with that ending. The S-Mart one works fine too, though.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:30 AM   #96
Grootster
Dancing Tree

Quote:
Transformers suck, but not because of Shia's acting.
Honestly, I kind of feel the opposite. I feel like I'd actually enjoy the first Transformers film to some degree if it had someone different in the lead role. Because of Shia, I can't even call it a guilty pleasure. People can say what they will about about the writing in TF4 and 5, I find them a lot more tolerable than the first three just because I find the main character more tolerable (and I'm not even a huge Mark Wahlberg fan.)

Old 11-10-2017, 01:23 PM   #97
LaughterLives
Banned User

I love the Transformers films cuz of Shia. I think he's great in these movies. Especially in the scenes where he's just talking to the transformers. He makes me believe they're real.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #98
Deck Rickard
Fighting is what I do.

I like Shia in the first Transformers. Overall, I enjoyed that movie. He wasn’t bad in the second one but the movie itself was garbage. The third film was also bad, but he was the worst part.

Deck Rickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:31 PM   #99
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
He really is. No where close to bad imo.
I think the only performance I haven't liked from him is in Transformers 3

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:17 PM   #100
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

X-Men First Class is a delightful place to start the X-Men film marathon, unfortunately some of the effects look hokey and outdated.

The next chronological step is X-Men Origins, which I enjoy as a movie, but I think you're better off having buddies around to make fun of it together. No pals to discuss it with, it's an inconsequential movie that never bared real weight, it's just there to be ignored and overlooked, then retconned by Days of Future Past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughterLives View Post
I don't think he deserved the nom yet alone the win for The Revenant at all.
When I saw the movie I decided he actually deserves that award, all the things he did in that role are too great to not fit being nominated.

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote