The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #1
Panacea
Side-Kick

Default Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x20 "The One Who Will Save Us All" Discussion Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeYYKjKbSxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NKkOxpBltM

Last edited by Panacea; 05-04-2018 at 06:54 AM.
Panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:02 PM   #2
terry78
I don't die, fool

Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x20 "The One Who Will Save Us All" Discussion Thread

That ship looks vaguely familiar.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
terry78
I don't die, fool

Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x20 "The One Who Will Save Us All" Discussion Thread

They just name dropped Thanos.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:19 PM   #4
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
They just name dropped Thanos.
I thought it would happen last week, but they just had the vague reference to New York instead. Nothing vague about the Thanos and Avengers name drops tonight, though. (Although they did keep them pretty nonspecific, as I doubt any of the Agents writers saw the Infinity War script)

Old 05-04-2018, 09:27 PM   #5
PimpDaddyDOC-OCK
Jesus Luvs U & Hates Me

Guess the Snappening won't effect AOS.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:46 PM   #6
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpDaddyDOC-OCK View Post
The writers probably don't know about it.

Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:11 AM   #7
Spikey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpDaddyDOC-OCK View Post
We don't know... yet. They mentioned Thanos had just started the Earth Invasion... but which one? Ebony Maw arriving at New York or the Wakanda battle?

Also, we don't really know how much time passes in the movie

Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:34 AM   #8
karmajack
Side-Kick

Can we just put "Infinity War Spoilers" in the thread title of this one to be able to speak more freely? I imagine most of the conversations will involve that subject anyway.

The cat is out of the meal sack. The "tie in" is confirmed.

karmajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #9
nypinta
Certified Delightfut

Regardless of the tie-in, which was nice, that was pretty much one of the most frustrating episodes in a while. I'm getting a little tired of Mack's holier than thou attitude, the fact that no one is listening to each other, that half of the "team" is more worried about keeping SHIELD running and their agenda then, I don't know, PREVENTING THE DESTRUCTION OF THE PLANET, but yes, let's just keep worrying about keeping a dead man going for even longer. It was basically all the hypocrites pushing the Earth one step closer to being an asteroid field.

And WTH Deeke, could they stop with him acting like a 12-year-old?

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:03 PM   #10
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypinta View Post
Regardless of the tie-in, which was nice, that was pretty much one of the most frustrating episodes in a while. I'm getting a little tired of Mack's holier than thou attitude, the fact that no one is listening to each other, that half of the "team" is more worried about keeping SHIELD running and their agenda then, I don't know, PREVENTING THE DESTRUCTION OF THE PLANET, but yes, let's just keep worrying about keeping a dead man going for even longer. It was basically all the hypocrites pushing the Earth one step closer to being an asteroid field.

And WTH Deeke, could they stop with him acting like a 12-year-old?
Deke is smart is some areas while he does come across as childish in other areas, let's not forget how Deke grew up however. He grew up in a bunker in the future where he had to fend for himself mostly and fight to survive on a daily basis & didn't have access to the greatest of educations growing up since he was probably homeschooled by his mother who probably only knew as much as her parents Jemma & Fitz were able to teach her before they died. How would you be acting if you were raised the way Deke was?

Old 05-05-2018, 02:24 PM   #11
nypinta
Certified Delightfut

Not like a puppy. It's not his lack of formal education or even his wonder at some of what we have on Earth. It's like they forgot that he was someone that grew up on his own in a rather horrific future, and survived.

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:35 PM   #12
just one thing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypinta View Post
Not like a puppy. It's not his lack of formal education or even his wonder at some of what we have on Earth. It's like they forgot that he was someone that grew up on his own in a rather horrific future, and survived.

They showed that in 5x19 he ducked and dived and saved fitz life against the marauders.

but he is in a new cultural environment, he doesn't get how the ocean works, he doesn't get high fives, he doesn't get euphemisms about canary's and mines. gives context to him.

a bit odd though that daisey only found out he was fitzsimmons grandson in this episode. Is communication that bad between all of them.

just one thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:43 PM   #13
karmajack
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by just one thing View Post

a bit odd though that daisey only found out he was fitzsimmons grandson in this episode. Is communication that bad between all of them.
I thought that too at first. But if you look back, things are happening kinda quick. If you watch the episodes back to back, not much time passes. Not as much as one week in our perspective. Daisy has been dealing with a bunch of other stuff. She hasn't shared too much screen time with Fitzsimmons. Certainly not enough down time for them share the latest gossip about Deke.

I too am annoyed with Deke. And I don't think it's because I'm supposed be annoyed by his character. I feel his role from the beginning is forced. His only real purpose is to be the canary. The living reminder of the loop. But the fleshing out of his character hasn't sat well with me.

Gravitalbot is really working for me though. He's playing such a cheesy role, and nailing it. And it's really only working so well because of how well developed Talbot has become. Talbot was always a colorful character. He was a bad guy, then an allie, then nutty...Then all that turned to eleven on the dial. Having him play a c-list villain with a bloated ego is absolutely working. I somewhat doubt that was the plan this whole time, but it worked out flawlessly.

karmajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:17 PM   #14
Heretic
Side-Kick

Daisy is a terrible leader who is so determined to save her friend that she is knowingly pushing the world closer to destruction and near extinction of the human race.

At this point Yo Yo is the only member of the team trying to save the world...and if the cast cant be bothered to focus on what they KNOW is a world destroying event, then I can't root for them.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:39 PM   #15
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

If Talbot cracks the planet apart looking for more Gravitonium then there can't be an Avengers 4. Unless they spilt off into their own timeline separate from the movies.

This show feels like it has nowhere to go because of Infinity War.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:05 PM   #16
Heretic
Side-Kick

The problem is that (with the exception of killing Ruby, which seemed like the most logical thing in the world to do) every decision that this team has made is what they would do if they wanted to intentionally create the future world of a destroyed Earth. At this point I'd kind of like to see someone else's suggestion happen and have Thanos accidentally "stop" Graviton. None of the show's main characters have done anything that has earned them the "hero moment" (aside from Yo-Yo). Heck...I'm even starting to want to see Yo-Yo just say "screw it" and straight up murder Simmons...thereby absolutely changing the timeline, causing a butterfly effect that somehow results in Graviton being stopped. That could also push Fitz into full-on Framework villain mode...which could be interesting for a potential next season.

By the way...speaking of Fitz...something felt odd about his conversation with Mack. Like...when Mack suggested that Fitz needed to be "fixed." It felt like foreshadowing to me...like...Fitz the Fixer? Nah...but still..it felt like more than a time filler conversation.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:21 PM   #17
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So if they play it like the end of Infinity War, who turns into dust and disappears?

Old 05-05-2018, 10:33 PM   #18
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
If Talbot cracks the planet apart looking for more Gravitonium then there can't be an Avengers 4. Unless they spilt off into their own timeline separate from the movies.

The Earty cracking will no doubt be averted.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:39 PM   #19
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:

TV should split from the movie timeline. I have serious doubts that the events of Infinity War will affect the Netflix shows (the timeline there is probably still before Civil War), Cloak and Dagger or The Runaways, although I could see it affecting the latter two shows a little bit more than the Netflix shows. One of the reasons the Berlanti-DC Verse has been a success is that it's a different universe than the DCEU.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:48 AM   #20
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
TV should split from the movie timeline. I have serious doubts that the events of Infinity War will affect the Netflix shows (the timeline there is probably still before Civil War), Cloak and Dagger or The Runaways, although I could see it affecting the latter two shows a little bit more than the Netflix shows. One of the reasons the Berlanti-DC Verse has been a success is that it's a different universe than the DCEU.
I've been saying this for weeks. The synergy between the Marvel tv shows and the movies have been choppy at best. Just let it go.

I love how it's always the Russo's that just turn things upside down.

Hydras Shield infiltration
Sakovia accords
Half the universe disappearing.

The Thanos reference felt so clumsy and forced. AoS writers must be pulling there hair out.
I'm guessing there scrambling to write some scenes for the finale that have half the cast disappear.

Last edited by eon001; 05-06-2018 at 07:06 AM.
eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:54 AM   #21
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
So if they play it like the end of Infinity War, who turns into dust and disappears?
I'm hoping...

The go for the popular characters like Phil, Daisy, Fitz or Simmons but not both. One needs to left mourning the other.

Someone had a great idea to have the next season of AoS take place doing the "great disappearance" era. May leading a Coulson-less team in a world where half the heroes and villains have disappeared.

Old 05-06-2018, 04:22 AM   #22
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
I'm hoping...

The go for the popular characters like Phil, Daisy, Fitz or Simmons but not both. One needs to left mourning the other.

Someone had a great idea to have the next season of AoS take place doing the "great disappearance" era. May leading a Coulson-less team in a world where half the heroes and villains have disappeared.

How can they possibly do that?

Unless between the snap and Avengers 4 a year or at least several months have elapsed, then you can't really set an entire season that takes place during that time.

If it is only a relatively short time that Avengers 4 is occurring after Infinity War, possibly even within the next few days or even hours, then what kind of season 6 for AOS can there be?

With AOS, the season usually takes place as if it's set over months. I don't see them pulling a How I Met Your Mother season 9 and setting nearly the entire thing over the course of a weekend.

Otherwise how many stories can you really have for AOS season 6 if it's in a short time span?

It's difficult to set anything between Infinity War and Avengers 4. And it's also difficult to set anything after because that will immediately raise the question about what happened to restore the universe and how Thanos was defeated.

And you can't really set AOS before season 5 either, because they were kidnapped immediately after season 4, so when is there any space of time?

And they're unlikely to set it between season 1, 2 or 3 because that would be undoing all the development they've given the cast.

Daisy would go back to being Skye. Or Ward may go back to being undiscovered as Hydra. FitzSimmons would not even have admitted their feelings.

They're kind of screwed.

And that looks like a spoiler in your post above just after "Sokovia accords"

Old 05-06-2018, 05:01 AM   #23
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:

How can they possibly do that?

Unless between the snap and Avengers 4 a year or at least several months have elapsed, then you can't really set an entire season that takes place during that time.

If it is only a relatively short time that Avengers 4 is occurring after Infinity War, possibly even within the next few days or even hours, then what kind of season 6 for AOS can there be?

With AOS, the season usually takes place as if it's set over months. I don't see them pulling a How I Met Your Mother season 9 and setting nearly the entire thing over the course of a weekend.

Otherwise how many stories can you really have for AOS season 6 if it's in a short time span?

It's difficult to set anything between Infinity War and Avengers 4. And it's also difficult to set anything after because that will immediately raise the question about what happened to restore the universe and how Thanos was defeated.

And you can't really set AOS before season 5 either, because they were kidnapped immediately after season 4, so when is there any space of time?

And they're unlikely to set it between season 1, 2 or 3 because that would be undoing all the development they've given the cast.

Daisy would go back to being Skye. Or Ward may go back to being undiscovered as Hydra. FitzSimmons would not even have admitted their feelings.

They're kind of screwed.

And that looks like a spoiler in your post above just after "Sokovia accords"
Afaik, based on leaked Avengers 4 pics and what I've read and inferred,
years pass between Infinity War and Avengers 4. So there is probably plenty of room to have Season 6 take place between Infinity War and Avengers 4.

And I have to agree with the people saying that Daisy is a godawful leader. She doesnt have the temperament or the pragmatism or the common sense to be an effective leader. I also think May is a ****ing fool for backing Daisy and her nonsense. Telling YoYo to make herself useful or to be gone...um go **** yourself May.

I'm getting sick of Mack's "We're SHIELD." idealism. Its naive and childish. And him acting like Ruby was some innocent girl...

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):

Last edited by Marvolo; 05-06-2018 at 05:14 AM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:58 AM   #24
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
years pass between Infinity War and Avengers 4. So there is probably plenty of room to have Season 6 take place between Infinity War and Avengers 4.

And I have to agree with the people saying that Daisy is a godawful leader. She doesnt have the temperament or the pragmatism or the common sense to be an effective leader. I also think May is a ****ing fool for backing Daisy and her nonsense. Telling YoYo to make herself useful or to be gone...um go **** yourself May.

I'm getting sick of Mack's "We're SHIELD." idealism. Its naive and childish. And him acting like Ruby was some innocent girl...
Ruby was just a bit of 'armless fun.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:11 AM   #25
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post

^^^^ AGREED!!!
Been so frustrating watching some of the decisions on this show. Like who really gives a **** about Ruby. It's not like they had an emotional attachment like Grant Ward.

There's spies not boy scouts. She's dead, move on. And what version of Shield does Mack think he's working for? Has he met Black Widow or Nick Fury? They have ZERO qulams with taking a life if it serves there mission.