The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2018, 09:36 PM   #26
nypinta
Certified Delightfut
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 122
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccuke View Post
OK so is Deke gone since Fitz is gone?

Thanks

DOC
I don't think so. Deke told Daisy he'd be gone when they came back and I think he is just off somewhere. He's from a different timeline now, I don't think he can just be unmade.

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:54 PM   #27
doccuke
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypinta View Post
I don't think so. Deke told Daisy he'd be gone when they came back and I think he is just off somewhere. He's from a different timeline now, I don't think he can just be unmade.
OK thanks

doccuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:56 PM   #28
RocketsNutz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 201
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

So technically Fitz-Simmons aren't married now. Since Fitzcicle didn't ask or participate in the ceremony... 'yet'.



Was very surprised they didn't bring Deathlock back one last time.

Also... Can someone refresh my memory... what did Coulson get for his deal with Ghostrider? Like I believe I remember him dying is a side effect of that.... but why did he make the deal? For some reason I feel like something was unresolved with all that ... though it has been 5 months.


Last edited by RocketsNutz; 05-18-2018 at 10:02 PM.
RocketsNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:56 PM   #29
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 11,887
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Deke will still exist because FitzSimmons will still have kids.

My guess is that he's hanging out doing nothing with Deathlok, Mockingbird and Ghost Rider.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:13 PM   #30
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 49,434
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Well.....that was a heartbreaking episode.

Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:19 PM   #31
tbg
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 171
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Deke will still exist because FitzSimmons will still have kids.

My guess is that he's hanging out doing nothing with Deathlok, Mockingbird and Ghost Rider.
Given that Gemma puked when she found out about Deke, I still wonder if she is already pregnant.

tbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:29 PM   #32
javonstokess
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,539
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

I totally forgot about the Fitz that is still cryo-sleeping.

All this time travel, great for storytelling, but man, I was confused as hell during that conversation.

Gotta be honest, that's one of the most clever ways to "kill" and "resurrect" a character.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:32 PM   #33
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,008
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

I'm so confused.

Is Fitz dead? Did Coulson die, because why is he and May in Tahiti?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:43 PM   #34
terry78
I don't die, fool
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 77,554
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

They went to actual Tahiti.

__________________
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses. - Henry Ford
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:55 PM   #35
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick
 
The Apocalypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,865
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
I'm so confused.

Is Fitz dead? Did Coulson die, because why is he and May in Tahiti?
Coulson will die but actually in Tahiti this time.

Fitz is still in cryosleep in space. Remember, the whole gang went back in time so Fitz is still in his slumber, somewhere in space. Season 6 will be them trying to find him, probably. Enoch is probably still alive with him too.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:56 PM   #36
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,036
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccuke View Post
OK so is Deke gone since Fitz is gone?

Thanks

DOC
That's what I don't get. If he disappeared why not show it and if he didn't vanish why didn't he appear anywhere after the first 20 minutes

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:57 PM   #37
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick
 
The Apocalypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,865
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
That's what I don't get. If he disappeared why not show it
He didn't disappear. He literally said that he was going off on his own.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:59 PM   #38
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,036
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
He didn't disappear. He literally said that he was going off on his own.
I must have missed that line

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:11 AM   #39
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante
 
SPO2 Dalisay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Safe House
Posts: 809
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I've forgotten...where exactly is Fitz sleeping it off? Did he go off to some other planet or something?
He is on Enoch's ship wherever he decided to hide it for the decades

__________________
There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
- Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:15 AM   #40
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante
 
SPO2 Dalisay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Safe House
Posts: 809
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
I must have missed that line
He didn't want to spend his life in the lighthouse so stocked his future room and left to see a bit more of earth with the thought the theory would be right and he might disappear.

So come season 6 they can say the theory was wrong, recover Fitz and meet Enoch again. And then there is the retired May and Coulson. Do they let him go as not needed for the Avengers tie anymore?

__________________
There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
- Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:40 AM   #41
raz1337
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 24
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Now that the season is over and we have....most of the information we have wanted since the first episode, we can start to piece things together. However, is this multiple timelines or one timeline constantly changing?

The fact that they were afraid Deke might go poof lends to a single timeline.

So, if we take the timeline of the agents that we know....it was obvious that Talbot was going to be the one to tear apart the Earth. However, since he was going to absorb Quake, did he need her power to do it?

Since Yo-Yo warns the Yo-Yo we know in the future, then that Yo-Yo has already been through the events we saw leading up to Talbot failing and survives to 2091. She speaks of the loop, so she had already been to the future and then gone back since she is the seer Kassius has.

Now, does this mean there is a version of the timeline where the agents are unaware of the impending destruction, where it happens for the first time? How did it happen in that first version of the timeline?

Would you say their knowledge of the Earth's destruction is what led to Talbot getting in the machine? Did Ruby get in the machine originally and cause it the first time? I'm positive the introduction of time travel to the mix is what caused Ruby, Strucker and Hale's death.

Now, this also poses more questions of this "first timeline." How did everyone get to the lighthouse? There had to be a "first version of the timeline" where the destruction caught everyone by surprise.

raz1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:45 AM   #42
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante
 
SPO2 Dalisay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Safe House
Posts: 809
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Was I the only one listening to a reporter blather on about royally still sitting there waiting on a post credits scene?

SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:17 AM   #43
Charlatan
Side-Kick
 
Charlatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,683
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

How do they get past the paradox? If the Earth doesn't split Fitz never goes into the freeze. Or am I getting the order of events wrong?

__________________
The Trump admin is just like Goodfellas. Only everyone is Joe Pesci.
Charlatan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:42 AM   #44
eon001
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,199
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Glad the writers came to there senses and had Daisy give up her leadership position to Mack.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:05 AM   #45
Panacea
Side-Kick
 
Panacea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,023
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
Now that the season is over and we have....most of the information we have wanted since the first episode, we can start to piece things together. However, is this multiple timelines or one timeline constantly changing?

The fact that they were afraid Deke might go poof lends to a single timeline.
The Deke thing is just bad writing. Whether it's a linear timeline or an alternate timeline there's no scenario in which effect would precede cause - and Flitz and Simmons should both know this.

If it's a linear timeline then there'd be no more prophecy, no more Robin sending them to a future that doesn't exist, and the entire events of the season would play out differently with no one having any memory of the Lighthouse.

If it's an alternate timeline then everything would play out as it has, but Deke would still be alive. There's no "cause" to the effect that is his disappearance, because everything that lead to him being born still happened, just in his previous timeline - the one where we saw Flint and Tess alive and well even after the team went back.

For the sake of logical consistency it has to be an alternate timeline, but for that to be true Deke must still be out there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
Glad the writers came to there senses and had Daisy give up her leadership position to Mack.
Agreed. Daisy came to her senses for a moment and May completely lost hers when she smashed the Odium. I don't care that it all worked out - that was just plain dumb.


Last edited by Panacea; 05-19-2018 at 08:56 AM.
Panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:07 AM   #46
fire117
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 651
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by giveyourself12% View Post
If Coulson is out, I will never watch another episode of this show.
People have been saying that on social media already that if Coulson isn't in season 6 if only briefly and cured they won't watch season 6 at all.

fire117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:53 AM   #47
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante
 
SPO2 Dalisay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Safe House
Posts: 809
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
How do they get past the paradox? If the Earth doesn't split Fitz never goes into the freeze. Or am I getting the order of events wrong?
For whatever reason Enoch believed Robin's prophecy and sent folks to the future, the actual events of Graviton absorbing Daisy and splitting the earth came after Enoch's actions

__________________
There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
- Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:04 AM   #48
karmajack
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 84
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

I still don't get why Fitz wasn't on Enoch's list. Him staying behind served no major purpose. Sure once he got to the future Lighthouse, he helped the team get back. What difference would it have made if he was already there with the team in the first place?

I thought it was a lackluster finale. I'll have to watch it again though. That's just my initial feeling. Like the flow of it was off or something.

karmajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:10 AM   #49
nypinta
Certified Delightfut
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 122
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Jemma doesn't have to be pregnant for Deke to still exist. He already exists. Jemma and Fitz could end up having a boy and that boy marries a girl (or even a boy) that is in no way connected to Deke's ancestry and he'll still exist. This is a new timeline that Deke is a part of because they brought him back into it.

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:14 AM   #50
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante
 
SPO2 Dalisay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Safe House
Posts: 809
Default Re: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x22 "The End" Discussion Thread

Or Enoch brings his Fitz back now that the extinction prophecy didn't happen

SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.