9 1 16.67%
10 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2018, 09:24 PM   #1
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Default Arrow Season 6 Finale: "Life Sentence"

Quote:
With a new ally on his team, Oliver (Stephen Amell) engages Diaz (guest star Kirk Acevedo) in an epic final battle. James Bamford directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #2
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Default Re: Arrow Season 6 Finale: "Life Sentence"

That was a crazy action sequence to open with!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:46 PM   #3
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

I'm sure that Diaz can swim.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:46 PM   #4
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
I'm sure that Diaz can swim.
Yeah, I'm sure he's alive!

Old 05-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #5
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Sara has finally meet Earth-2 Laurel!!

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:51 PM   #6
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Oh right, in the middle of all this, I forgot that we found out that Caity Lotz would be back for the finale.

So whose running the Waverider while she's back in Star City? Is it Mick? It's Mick, isn't it?

Old 05-17-2018, 08:54 PM   #7
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Goodbye, Quentin!!

Old 05-17-2018, 09:00 PM   #8
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

This wouldn't have happened, but in light of the crossover news, I wish when Oliver looked directly into the camera, he just said 'Next year, we're gonna have Batwoman.'

But I know. This isn't Deadpool.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:14 PM   #9
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

This was such a bad finale. I am so sorry Beth that MG/WM left you picking up the pieces.

After 6 years Paul Blackthorne got a ****** ass death! KCs was bad and I didnt think they could top themselves but somehow they did! I am truly amazed. Such a waste.

Quentin barely got anything to do. Black Siren barely got anything to do. The Lances in general barely got anything to do. We didnt even get to see Quentin talking with Sara or seeing his "daughters" together again. We get a 2 second scene of Sara/Laurel standing over Quentins body. Trash.

And what do we walk away with? Oliver outs to himself for "real" this time, how anyone can believe him is beyond me but ok. It just made the trial episode even more incompetent. You could skip the majority of that episode because it does nothing. Everyones hard work was for nothing.

How did this leave us knowing exactly where everyone would be for next year? Are they all just going to be stuck watching the tv?

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:14 PM   #10
dreammaster
Side-Kick

I don't know how the hell Oliver going to get out of this one

dreammaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:32 PM   #11
Grommers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
This was such a bad finale. I am so sorry Beth that MG/WM left you picking up the pieces.

After 6 years Paul Blackthorne got a ****** ass death! KCs was bad and I didnt think they could top themselves but somehow they did! I am truly amazed. Such a waste.

Quentin barely got anything to do. Black Siren barely got anything to do. The Lances in general barely got anything to do. We didnt even get to see Quentin talking with Sara or seeing his "daughters" together again. We get a 2 second scene of Sara/Laurel standing over Quentins body. Trash.

And what do we walk away with? Oliver outs to himself for "real" this time, how anyone can believe him is beyond me but ok. It just made the trial episode even more incompetent. You could skip the majority of that episode because it does nothing. Everyones hard work was for nothing.

How did this leave us knowing exactly where everyone would be for next year? Are they all just going to be stuck watching the tv?
Agreed.

this entire season felt like a set up for next season.

Hopefully next season is it's last.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:01 PM   #12
Pennywise
Side-Kick

The S6 finale was very meh, for the most part! Will watch a few episodes of S7 to check out the Longbow Hunters and Oliver in prison.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:05 PM   #13
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Stuff like this makes me long for Batman 66 where the cliffhanger was more entertaining like Robin gets caught in a giant clam

Last edited by SV Fan; 05-17-2018 at 11:12 PM.
SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:05 AM   #14
Deltron3030
Side-Kick

for someone who thought this wasn't a great season (enjoyed about 7-8 episodes), this was a good season finale. It felt a little rushed. I don't understand why they didn't just introduce Diaz a tad earlier. He still doesn't strike me as a great big bad but the finale makes for a good story. They wasted so much time to get to this point.

I think Ollie outing himself is a bold move. It could work. But it also puts a fast timeline on the ending of the series which is sad. That's what worries me. Next season might be its last. Great episode though. Just rushed. It's amazing how all the really good episodes have felicity on the sidelines. Rewatch the episodes she is hardly in and you'll see what I mean.

I think this can be a good show still for a few seasons if they dealt with her.

Deltron3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:54 PM   #15
shabadoo25
Side-Kick

So very stupid. The only out I can give them is that this world's FBI may not be like ours, but:

1. The FBI wouldn't make a deal with a suspect for a different crime to break up a mob's takeover of a city. That's part of their job without any kind of deal.

2. Prosecutors take plea deals, not investigators (FBI).

3. A mayor can't make the FBI go away with a letter. He has no control over federal authority.

4. The FBI isn't going to let a team of vigilantes lead their agents.

And then Oliver has his mea culpa tour with all the characters, but barely tells Felicity at all and last? What a husband.

Utter idiocy.

shabadoo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #16
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Alright. As far as season finales go, I thought this was solid. Maybe not the best season, but not terrible.

I agree, they should have just introduced Diaz earlier as the main villain. He doesn't top the rest. It's not like he's more powerful than Damian Darhk or Prometheus. Somehow Oliver struggled to battle him. He doesn't pose as a serious threat to Green Arrow.

But...I like how the season ended and it was almost how I envisioned it. I wanted Oliver to finally be forced to reveal his identity as the Green Arrow. I think if the season didn't end that way, then it would have been boring. Besides we already went through Oliver's secret being exposed in season 1 and briefly in season 3 before Roy Harper covered Oliver.

Maybe Oliver's identity will remain known to the public next season. I don't see another brainwashing happening any time soon...but I fear the worst could happen. Maybe Sara will time travel to fix it...hopefully not Barry.

If there's anything else I liked about this season, it's that Diaz is still alive.

I still never understood why they needed to keep Earth-2 Laurel Lance. The relationship between her and Lance hasn't been a very interesting and I could care less. I tolerated it. It wasn't terrible, but it just seemed unnecessary and the last thing we's be expecting to watch this season.

I think there will be some twist as to how Oliver will get out of prison next season. Perhaps info regarding Earth-2 Laurel Lance will lead to suspicion among others and have Oliver questioned.

Or Diaz will come back trying to wreck havoc forcing Oliver to somehow escape...

Whatever happens, I think Oliver's secret will remain known in the public. It'd be annoying not to see him wear the iconic mask as he wouldn't need it anymore but he could wear goggles. Grow a longer beard. It would give him a new look.

This season wasn't dull, I have to admit, but all in all, solid and not terrible. That being said though, I hope season 7 can shift things and take the series into a completely new direction.

Sad about Lance dying. I think it's always a mistake when the writers decide to kill a great character that gives the show chemistry and story. Lance was one of the most developed characters they had on the series. I never thought they should have killed Laurel either. It served no purpose in the series.

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:41 AM   #17
signalman
Side-Kick

My only disappointment about the finale is that Diaz will still be around.

Another season listening to Diaz yell and rave about stuff.

Otherwise this was an emotional final for Captain Lance.
Have a good rest of your career Paul Blackthorne.

signalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:12 PM   #18
Jesse
Old Curmudgeon

Wow that was one hell of a finale maybe my favorite since seasons 1 and 2. The status quo moving forward is certainly interesting. Plus given the announcement of one particular character being added to next seasons lineup I'm actually looking forward to more Arrow for the first time in quite a awhile.

I'm really curious if Earth 2 Laurel will be inspired to turn over a new leaf after the death of Quinton. and if the return of Ricardo Diaz will be an ongoing arc or if it will be wrapped up early in the season. I'm also very curious about the name dropping of the Longbow Hunters which is one of my all time favorite Green Arrow stories.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #19
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

Why would they put Oliver in a maximum security prison? He voluntarily gave up and if he fled the immunity charges against his family and friends would be pulled. He in the least would be put in solitary since most of the prisoners want to kill him.

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #20
shabadoo25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPBAGS View Post
Why would they put Oliver in a maximum security prison? He voluntarily gave up and if he fled the immunity charges against his family and friends would be pulled. He in the least would be put in solitary since most of the prisoners want to kill him.
A trial and specific charges would also be needed.

shabadoo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:57 PM   #21
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post
So very stupid. The only out I can give them is that this world's FBI may not be like ours, but:

1. The FBI wouldn't make a deal with a suspect for a different crime to break up a mob's takeover of a city. That's part of their job without any kind of deal.

2. Prosecutors take plea deals, not investigators (FBI).

3. A mayor can't make the FBI go away with a letter. He has no control over federal authority.

4. The FBI isn't going to let a team of vigilantes lead their agents.

And then Oliver has his mea culpa tour with all the characters, but barely tells Felicity at all and last? What a husband.

Utter idiocy.
Diaz overestimated the power of a city mayor. But really that was just very silly writing to force Lance and Diaz into a face to face encounter that would ultimately set up the actor's exit.

Disappointed that Diaz will return. I like the actor. But this character is just poorly written. I see nothing in his fighting skill that says he's a better foe than Prometheus, Slade, Ras Al Ghul, etc. Oliver should not be struggling with this guy. Not sure why Oliver yelled at Black Siren crying about how he had him. Really? You had him a minute ago and didn't do ****. Black Siren should have did him the same way she did Vicente.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

X-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #22
Flash525
Side-Kick

I didn't think this was too bad a final, though it's obvious Diaz remains alive - his death not being conclusive enough. Ollie in prison? By choice? Well he's not going to be escaping anytime soon, so I suspect the FBI will release him for one reason or another.

Maybe them locking him up will be overruled by someone of higher authority? Ollie did help save the world once or twice. The whole Lance Family Drama was quite poor to be totally honest; Sara's being there was some pathetic cameo, and considering she's on a time ship, she could have just arrived earlier (with the Legends) and stopped her dear old Dad from being shot. Yup. No sense there.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:18 PM   #23
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Why didn't Oliver say that he's not actually Green Arrow but that his multi verse counterpart actually is?

When the Earth X villains invaded, are we to believe that no-one else saw them and it all took place in secret? Some people must know there are alternate universe counterparts.

And people know there are meta humans.

Why not say that Earth 1 Oliver is the Mayor while Earth 2 Oliver is Arrow? They can even get Human Target to stand next to him and pretend.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:22 PM   #24
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Why didn't Oliver say that he's not actually Green Arrow but that his multi verse counterpart actually is?

When the Earth X villains invaded, are we to believe that no-one else saw them and it all took place in secret? Some people must know there are alternate universe counterparts.

And people know there are meta humans.

Why not say that Earth 1 Oliver is the Mayor while Earth 2 Oliver is Arrow? They can even get Human Target to stand next to him and pretend.
It's my understanding that only a few select people know about the Multiverse, and that the general public aren't aware of it. Just think how many people would try to visit other Earth's to visit themselves or to steal the lifestyle of a doppleganger.

Earth X Oliver Queen probably wasn't viewed as Oliver Queen; the few people who (may have) seen his face were likely silenced, or made to believe they'd been mistaken.

If everyone knew about the Multiverse stuff, then Laurel-2 could simply have said she was Laurel from Earth 2, and everyone would have nodded in acceptance, rather than trying to work out how she was still alive.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:55 AM   #25
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

So S7 supermax?

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote