The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 11:45 PM   #651
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Which, given the toxic masculinity that he attempts to cultivate, and among his core base, isn't a bad thing in some's view.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:00 AM   #652
antsman41
Belongs To Prince

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
The myth of Trump being any sort of business genius or master dealmaker was debunked a while back for anyone paying attention. All he did was bully and swindle.
Bully and Swindle aka Cheat and Steal.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:40 AM   #653
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Democrats under Obama: “ The Iran deal is great!”

Democrats under Trump: “The North Korean deal is horrible”.

Republicans under Obama: “You can’t trust Iran!”

Republicans under Trump: “HISTORIC”

lolololol
The problem with this comparison is that Obama had a deal. Trump got nothing in return for giving Kim legitimacy and ending military exercises.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:29 AM   #654
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:
The myth of Trump being any sort of business genius or master dealmaker was debunked a while back for anyone paying attention. All he did was bully and swindle.
I think it is pretty well documented that his business dealings were mostly done by his more competent underlings. Trump just showed up, shook some hands and took credit for whatever deal his staff negotiated or secured.

Trump by his own admission has a very limited attention span. It is unlikely Trump takes the time to actually go through the finer complex details of business transactions and acquisitions.

If I was to be generous I would say Trump's 'strengths' lay in sales and marketing.

Trump has always been more concerned with perception than reality.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:50 AM   #655
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

Quote:

lolololol
If you'd like some real hypocrisy, you can't beat Fox News:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...63778018721792

Old 06-13-2018, 07:00 AM   #656
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:

lolololol
Sigh...this is a false equivalence. We actually got something out of the Iran deal. Inspections, deadlines, etc. The Iran deal was concrete. We didn’t end military drills and give legitimacy to a monstrous dictator (and yes, while Iran’s regime is bad, it is not even close to the same league as Kim) in exchange for NOTHING.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:13 AM   #657
samsnee
Side-Kick

Well I’m shocked

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...agreed-to.html

Quote:
Now it appears the North Koreans are trying to seize on this confusion to put forth a favorable summit narrative — or rather, one even more favorable than “U.S. president legitimizes North Korean dictator.” On Wednesday North Korean state media said that in addition to suspending joint military drills, Trump agreed to lift sanctions against North Korea.

It appears even Trump was unclear on whether there was any record of his 40-minute talk with Kim. During his press conference in Singapore, he turned to Pompeo when asked if there was a transcript.

“Mike, do they have a transcript? You can give it out,” Trump said, according to the official White House transcript. “They did not record it. I don’t think they are recording it. Are there recordings of it? I wish there were. It is interesting stuff. I don’t. We probably have some notes or something. They have actually detailed notes I imagine.”

As Business Insider explains, notes taken by the U.S. interpreter might be the closest thing we have to a transcript of the talk. Any notes will be turned into a Memorandum of Conversation, possibly just a summary of the conversation, and provided to the National Archives.

Even if there’s no record, Trump assured reporters that it’s no big deal. “Well, I don’t have to verify because I have one of the great memories of all time. So I don’t have to. Okay? Okay?” he said.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:26 AM   #658
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

“I wanted to do this for myself. … I had to do it for myself.” - Donald Trump, August 2015
“I don’t want it for myself. I don’t need it for myself.” - Donald Trump, November 2015

Legendary memory. The greatest.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #659
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post

So we're just supposed to take the word of the most dishonest President in recent history for what was discussed here?

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #660
chaseter
Barf

Matt, I already posted on the last page. Boasting that you have diarrhea instead of constipation is nothing to boast about. We get nothing out of the Iran deal of substance. It’s all show and a one way deal. Do you believe the inspections are 100% comprehensive, accurate, and verifiable? Do you believe an oil rich Iran is environmentally conscious and needs uranium for a nuclear reactor? Do you believe they no longer State sponsor terrorism? We shouldn’t be making deals with Iran or North Korea. We should be telling the evil dictators to step down or sanctions will remain. Their people need to rise up and revolt or we can persuade them economically. I don’t care if we meet with dictators but giving them a single dime is an asinine mistake.

It’s hilarious to see politics playing out and all the sheep lining up to praise or criticize based on their party affiliation.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:55 AM   #661
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
So we're just supposed to take the word of the most dishonest President in recent history for what was discussed here?
Is he dishonest or are you just listening to the fake news?

Old 06-13-2018, 09:04 AM   #662
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
Matt, I already posted on the last page. Boasting that you have diarrhea instead of constipation is nothing to boast about. We get nothing out of the Iran deal of substance. It’s all show and a one way deal. Do you believe the inspections are 100% comprehensive, accurate, and verifiable? Do you believe an oil rich Iran is environmentally conscious and needs uranium for a nuclear reactor? Do you believe they no longer State sponsor terrorism? We shouldn’t be making deals with Iran or North Korea. We should be telling the evil dictators to step down or sanctions will remain. Their people need to rise up and revolt or we can persuade them economically. I don’t care if we meet with dictators but giving them a single dime is an asinine mistake.

It’s hilarious to see politics playing out and all the sheep lining up to praise or criticize based on their party affiliation.
Agreed with the paragraph above.

And regarding the last sentence, this is the common experience of America's increasingly polarized political environment. "When our side does it, wonderful. When your side does it, the world's doomed." I do find many of Trump's more absurd and unapologetically boastful remarks (i.e. assuring us to take his word for it because he's got "one of the greatest memories of all time") worthy of mockery though.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:20 AM   #663
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Quote:

So, you don't believe our own source that they were complying? Sure, Iran was doing some ****** things. But the Iran deal was about one thing- non-proliferation. Which was working. And the thing is, if we had kept our end of the bargain, it was a viable first step to tackle the other things. Especially since it would be giving the moderate wing of the Iranian government a major success and more viability in power. Which is better than regime change. At least the Iranians seem to have a bit more freedom than the Saudis, if you want to talk about bad actors in the Middle East.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:30 AM   #664
Orba
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post

Trump can't recall saying he has one of the world's best memories

Old 06-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #665
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen likely to cooperate with federal prosecutors in New York as his attorneys leave case

Old 06-13-2018, 09:50 AM   #666
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

The beginning of the end. Finally.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 06-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #667
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

He is about to lose his ****. Because, more than anything, this is going to hit him where it hurts: The Trump Organization.

Also interesting in that he seems to have lost his lawyers.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #668
DarkKnight
Side-Kick

I'll bet money nothing major for Trump becomes of this. If I've learned anything from politics over the years from the Clinton scandals to Trump nothing ever really gets done and no one really gets punished. The corruption is real no matter what side you're on.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:29 AM   #669
Orba
Side-Kick

And Mueller has asked for another 150 blank subpoenas ahead of the Manafort trial.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #670
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
I'll bet money nothing major for Trump becomes of this. If I've learned anything from politics over the years from the Clinton scandals to Trump nothing ever really gets done and no one really gets punished. The corruption is real no matter what side you're on.
Directly at Trump, no. But I am willing to bet they are about to go after the Trump Organization. Which is exactly the right place to hurt him.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:50 AM   #671
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
The beginning of the end. Finally.
I certainly hope so. I'm so sick of hearing "witch hunt", even though charges and indictments have happened. I don't want this to get shut down too soon.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #672
Aximili86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
The Iran Deal wasn't the best, sure. But it was a good first step.

Surely the same damn analysis could be made of what went down in Singapore with Kim though.

Also with the Cohen thing, him co-operating doesn't necessarily mean there's stuff here on Trump. Just that they have stuff on Cohen and he might want to throw some other Manafort types to the wolves to get a slap on the wrist instead of anything more.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #673
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
clinton whataboutism plus false equivalency, eh? Its quite clear what side youre on.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 06-13-2018, 11:03 AM   #674
Aximili86
Side-Kick

What he said wasn't whattaboutism. Clinton committed perjury, was impeached but not removed.

You're not going to get more than that with Trump, and that's best-case scenario for those opposing him. He's not out before November 2020, and even then...

Old 06-13-2018, 11:08 AM   #675
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aximili86 View Post
Surely the same damn analysis could be made of what went down in Singapore with Kim though.

Also with the Cohen thing, him co-operating doesn't necessarily mean there's stuff here on Trump. Just that they have stuff on Cohen and he might want to throw some other Manafort types to the wolves to get a slap on the wrist instead of anything more.
Yeah, giving North Korea something for nothing. Great start.

Closed Thread