The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-World

View Poll Results: How'd you become a X-fan?
Comics 23 22.12%
Movies 12 11.54%
Cartoon 64 61.54%
Other 5 4.81%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2006, 11:05 PM   #26
JewishHobbit
Banned User

Default Re: How'd you become an X-fan?

I was a comic fan before the cartoons came out, but I was only into Spidey back then. When the Animated Series came out I watched it and liked it, but I wasn't really a fan at that time. One day I went to the comic shop and had extra money. I saw a cool cover with a hologram on the cover and so I bought it. It was Uncanny X-Men 300 and I was hooked. So though I watched the cartoon, it was comics that made me a fan.

JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:25 PM   #27
Kira
so dramatic, baby!

Comics. Of course.

Kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 01:10 AM   #28
FieryBalrog
Side-Kick

Comics. Read 'em at a friends house who had a decent, if disjointed collection around Uncanny 160-220.

Later read the Stan and Jack's run and was hooked. Claremont's Phoenix sealed the deal.

Old 03-18-2006, 09:13 AM   #29
LexCorp
Lex Luthor

Cartoons and this pic hehe

LexCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:49 AM   #30
illest urban
Que3r Fanboy

Yeah I, like apparently most here originally got interested in X-Men as a child with the X-Men Animated Series on Fox back in the day. I then took my love for the characters to the comics. I really wish another good, quality X-Men show could come back to TV; even a good live-action one in the vain of 'Smallville.'

illest urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #31
Kmack
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexCorp

One of my fave pics

Kmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #32
ILuvCyclops
Stark Industries

cartoon

Old 03-18-2006, 08:22 PM   #33
Tsunulia
Queen of the Kitties

I'm surprised to see how many people got in it with the cartoon series. I never really could into the cartoons. I saw maybe a couple episodes and really didn't care. One was something about a wedding ceremony and another was when Storm got captured or something then got stuck in a box and she was colostriphobic or something. I don't remember.

Then came the Evo series. I wondered why Xavier ever bothered to build a school for gifted children when all the students went to normal highschool. I didn't like the character dipictions at all.

Then came X1. I thought hey cool, this stuffs pretty good.

Then came X2 and then I'm all like, duuuuude that friggin rocked!!!!! The story really got me in it and now I'm all over X3.

When I get the chance I'm gonna get into the comics. I never got into the comics either cuz I couldn't stand the costumes. Yellow spandex duz not fare well with me. I'm willing to take a look at some of the recent stuff now.

Tsunulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #34
rjb182
Jedi Gnat

I used to read the X-Men comics back in the day... I distinctly remember the Mutant Massacre and the first time Apocalypse showed up. But except for developing a lifelong fondness for Wolverine and Nightcrawler, I more or less dropped them and any interest in comics for years.

Then the first two movies came out, and reeled me back in to the point where I'm now trying to read all the comics I missed.

As for the cartoons, I liked Evolution, but I could never really get into the 90's X-Men cartoons. I didn't like the voices, mostly; hardly any of the characters sounded the way I imagined them in my head. It's a small thing, but it's been hard to get past...

rjb182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:38 PM   #35
Darkie
~Burn Emma Burn!!!~

since i watched the cartoon! i became an xfan specially a phoenix fan

Darkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:37 AM   #36
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb182
I used to read the X-Men comics back in the day... I distinctly remember the Mutant Massacre and the first time Apocalypse showed up. But except for developing a lifelong fondness for Wolverine and Nightcrawler, I more or less dropped them and any interest in comics for years.

Then the first two movies came out, and reeled me back in to the point where I'm now trying to read all the comics I missed.

As for the cartoons, I liked Evolution, but I could never really get into the 90's X-Men cartoons. I didn't like the voices, mostly; hardly any of the characters sounded the way I imagined them in my head. It's a small thing, but it's been hard to get past...
ahhh dude there voices in both X-men and spidey perminantly bonded with me.. hell when i read the comics i still hear there voices in my head....

spideyboy_1111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:03 AM   #37
realestmutant45
Side-Kick

Well,I watched the cartoon series on fox ,as most of ya'll did,and at the same time read the comics.Bought some of the action figures.I still have a episode of the cartoon series(90's),the one where the x-men fight against the morlocks and then I still have a episode of the old,old, carton series,I think it was in the 80's or 70's,that episode was th introduction of Kitty.Its probably my favorite episode of all the X-Men cartoons.After the 90's I saw X1,loved it,watched the Evolution series,played the video games,Saw X2,and now waiting for The Last Sand.

realestmutant45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:04 AM   #38
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

i wasn't sure which of cartoons or comics to vote foe so i chose othrt you see the first time i saw the x-men was in a sub-mariner episode of marvel super heroes, the one with dr doom causing a riot at a peace conference this story wasan altered version of the reed richards -sue storm wedding]and the x-men were among the heroes trying to stop the riot

Old 03-19-2006, 11:31 AM   #39
Erundur
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexCorp

Damn

By any chance do you know who drew that pic?

Old 03-19-2006, 11:48 AM   #40
_BB_
Its been a while...

^that is one of the best phoenix pics ever

_BB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:48 AM   #41
FieryBalrog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb182

yeah, I didn't like the voices that much either. I remember being not that impressed by the show. My favorite part of the show was the introduction with the music and the characters showing the powers, that kicked ass.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:20 AM   #42
The Storm
Side-Kick

Through the animated series, absolutely loved it as a kid. My local play worker was also a big fan which boosted my love for it. When I heard about the first X film I hit the roof! Evo was about then which I throughly enjoyed and then wet myself when I saw the official X2 website!

X2 stands as probably my favourite film, I had goosebumps when watching it in the cinema. Jean's transformation was inspiring. Now I'm waiting for The Last Stand.

The Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:41 AM   #43
LexCorp
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erundur
Damn

By any chance do you know who drew that pic?
I can not remember but I am going to find out again as there was a cool pic of Emma Frost.

LexCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #44
freezeface
riding on an ice-slide

I was hooked after watching "Pryde of the X-Men," though I was confused at first about who was and was not a member, since I also watched "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends" and wondered why Iceman, Firestar, Angel, and Thunderbird weren't on that '80s pilot. It all grew from there.

Old 04-04-2006, 04:18 AM   #45
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

Smile Re: How'd you become an X-fan?

Pryde of the X-Men started it for me...then got into comics and the Cartoon on Fox about the same time...I never really was a big fan of X-Men:Evolution....The movies got me into X-Men more then ever..now i`m even reading X-Men novels

Battle.net Tag: Moplaya#1165
Add me!!! I can always use more gaming friends!!
MoPlaYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:48 AM   #46
Deep Thinkin'!
show meh dem fangs

First the cartoons, but then they stopped on the normal channel i had, so i lost touch. Then the movie x1 came along, then x2 and I fell in love. Then i read the comics, and interenet, so pretty much everything.

Deep Thinkin'! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:23 PM   #47
symbspider33
Spiderman's sidekick.

I love tha cartoon! that's how I got into spidermanand the x-men! I just got both of the full cartoons from the 90's and man I wish they would come out w\a 3d x-men like they did 4 spidey! (I want the 3d spidey back 2!)

symbspider33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #48
LEX
No justice; just us.

Movies. I saw some promotion pics from X1 in the newspaper and made a whole wallpaper out of it. When I saw it, I went and started reading the comics, buying encyclopedias, registering on X-Men sites...

- Mort
LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #49
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I started with the cartoons then the games then the movies and finally the comics.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #50
ComicChick
Mmmm... Pizza
SHH! Global Moderator

i started with the cartoons as a kid, spiderman, fantastic 4, iron man, x-men, but it was always xmen that i came back to. it was the one i always watched regularly. i remember having a couple issues back then, but i don't remember which ones. the only thing i remember is i had one with a image of cyke working on the blackbird in a tanktop or something.

then there was a drought where i kinda "forgot" about them. then in late middle school/early high school, they used to show reruns after school and i'd come home and watch them and got hooked all over again.

then one day i was at the flea market and i bought some comics, and then i was hooked. and when i couldnt find comics, i read fanfics, cuz they were free and available. sadly most sucked though.

now i'm still an x-fan, buy comics when i can, and read fanfic still hoping to find some great stories. i've found a few gems though, after searching through tons of rocks.

Feb/March Fan Art Contest Click Here
Win Prizes!

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote