The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 08-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #951
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
A desperate combination of needing anything better than those Amazing movies and refusing to acknowledge a MARVEL product as something less than stellar.

Without Keaton and Holland, it doesn't amount to much at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I actually prefer Amazing, didn't want a new movie to wash any kind of taste I had with those, which is mostly pleasant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
I actually prefer Amazing as well.
Bravo. I agree with all of this.

AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:10 AM   #952
Leenie
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - -

I really liked Spider-Man: Homecoming, especially when I saw it the second time. I definitely found myself enjoying it a lot more on my second viewing. And, for me personally, give me this film over any of the Amazing Spider-Man movies anyday.

THAT SAID, though, does Homecoming reach the heights of the first two Raimi films? For me, it didn't. That's a tough thing to accomplish in my book, though, so I never had the expectation that it would be as good. I never went into Spider-Man: Homecoming expecting the greatest movie ever. I just wanted a Spider-Man movie that was better than Spider-Man 3 ... And I most definitely got that.

In my personal opinion, it's like "The Simpsons Already Did It" episode from South Park. I think we got a perfect Spider-Man origin from Raimi; it's solidified in pop culture at this point. And don't even get me started on how incredible Spider-Man 2 is. Any future Spider-Man movie has Spider-Man 2 to live up to. I don't think I will ever see an action sequence in a Spidey movie as riveting as the train fight in Spider-Man 2. And if the MCU does decide to cast someone as JJJ, we all know he won't be as good as J.K. Simmons. Or how about Aunt May? Rosemary Harris was perfection; that's probably why they decided to go for "younger and hot" Aunt May in the MCU. They can't replicate what Rosemary Harris was in the Raimi movies. "The Raimi movies already did it."

That said, there's a few things that Homecoming did that felt fresh to me ... More fresh than the TASM movies ever did. It also helps that I actually LIKE Tom Holland's Peter Parker/Spider-Man. A good lead character is pretty important to me, especially after I detested Andrew Garfield's Peter/Spidey (again, just my opinion). Do I think that Homecoming could have taken more risks? Absolutely. I hope that there are bigger consequences to the series of events that happen in the sequel(s). And I hope that the MCU actually mentions Uncle Ben at some point, as it would be a huge disservice to the Spider-Man character to not at least reference his importance. At the same time, though, I was happy with a Spider-Man movie that had levity to it. Even though the story was simple, it was actually refreshing to see Spider-Man doing something in a movie that he has always done in the comics: Stopping petty thieves. No doomsday device, no "end of the world" situation ... The movie was essentially about Spider-Man stopping someone who was stealing stuff (and it helped that the movie made Vulture a good villain with a good actor). And I liked that a lot.

(8) Captain America: The Winter Soldier,
(9) Guardians of the Galaxy, (10) Deadpool
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:10 AM   #953
Nardz937
Side-Kick

I've started reading The Amazing Spider-Man from the beginning recently. I'm on issue 19 right now and It's making me appreciate and love the Raimi movies more now than I even did before.

They nailed what made Peter sympathetic and relatable. The everyday man. The duality of both Peter and Spider-Man. Why he does what he does, why he continues doing it, why he ends up quitting, why he returns, the consequences of it.

The heart, essence, spirit and themes of the character. Raimi just got it

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:24 AM   #954
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardz937 View Post
I've started reading The Amazing Spider-Man from the beginning recently. I'm on issue 19 right now and It's making me appreciate and love the Raimi movies more now than I even did before.

They nailed what made Peter sympathetic and relatable. The everyday man. The duality of both Peter and Spider-Man. Why he does what he does, why he continues doing it, why he ends up quitting, why he returns, the consequences of it.

The heart, essence, spirit and themes of the character. Raimi just got it
Couldn't agree more

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #955
marvelrobbins
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
A desperate combination of needing anything better than those Amazing movies and refusing to acknowledge a MARVEL product as something less than stellar.

Without Keaton and Holland, it doesn't amount to much at all.
Keaton single hardly saved homeocming to being watchable.fact i am long time spider man fan is why i didn't like homecoming.I like the first amazing spider-man greatly but homecoming shouldn't even be compard to films like spider-man 1 and 2 which not 100% perfect was spider-man to me instead of crap that was homecoming.al this praise for homecoming is like really.

while holland looks like teenager i didn't like mcu parker at all.i liked civil war but i wasn't wowed there though spider-man in icivil war is better than homecoming.the stark/parker scene is actully better peter than we got in homecoming.Marguire's version is clser to one i know.garfield had a few things missing.

much of appeal in man out of mask was gone.

homecoming forced me to apprecate spider-man 3 and amazing spider-man 2 more

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:15 PM   #956
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Trashman picked suit off the trash, and Jonah Jameson wears it without washing it.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:47 PM   #957
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/165...der-man-2-2004

Old 09-18-2017, 06:50 PM   #958
Broseph44
Witness Me

Beautiful

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:08 PM   #959
The Shape
In the shadows

Never liked when close-up shots/moments like that were needlessly CGI.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:13 PM   #960
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Those are awesome as always Kane

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:47 PM   #961
Leenie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Iconic.

(The suit from the Raimi movies is still my favorite Spidey suit, too. It's so classic.)

(8) Captain America: The Winter Soldier,
(9) Guardians of the Galaxy, (10) Deadpool
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #962
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Quote:

Trashman picked suit off the trash, and Jonah Jameson wears it without washing it.
Deep down, we all know he's a Spider-Man fanboy.

You have won many victories, rekindling hope in the hearts of those you have protected. Each sends their blessing. Each blessing, a stone to fortify this land. Your castle is strong, my son. Your allies are many. Wield what lies within, and reclaim what is yours. Break the siege of darkness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
DC Fans: "We need warriors.."

*SkullDevil raises his hand and fights for truth, justice and the PM way.*
SkullDevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:25 AM   #963
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Well, an opportunity may have presented itself. While I missed out on the original Spider-Man trilogy box-set on Blu Ray, there's this other, similar box set I saw at my Best Buy. Anyone own this Limited Edition Collection of the first three Raimi films? It seems so similar to the other one, with Spider Man 1, 2.1 and some Editor's Cut of Spider-Man 3. There were a few copies left, so I may pick it up, though it seems like it's the same as the Trilogy box-set.

NotNickFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:13 PM   #964
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Well, an opportunity may have presented itself. While I missed out on the original Spider-Man trilogy box-set on Blu Ray, there's this other, similar box set I saw at my Best Buy. Anyone own this Limited Edition Collection of the first three Raimi films? It seems so similar to the other one, with Spider Man 1, 2.1 and some Editor's Cut of Spider-Man 3. There were a few copies left, so I may pick it up, though it seems like it's the same as the Trilogy box-set.
I picked it up on the day it came out a few months ago for the same reason you did. I hadn't yet owned the original trilogy on blu-ray.

I don't know what the original set included, but I'm happy with the limited edition version. It has 1, 2, 2.1, 3 and it's 3's Editor's Cut. The discs are presented in a book with sleeves and it has beautiful stills from the movies and a written "making-of" for each movie in it.

Go for it

Old 10-02-2017, 09:26 AM   #965
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDevil View Post
In an episode about a clone of Spider-Man from the 70s Spider-Man TV series J. Jonah Jameson dressed as Spider-Man in a costume ball, you know he's the biggest fan.

And J.K. was mad Spidey stole his suit in this movie, it all adds up.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:56 PM   #966
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Jonah was the first tsundere character confirmed.

You have won many victories, rekindling hope in the hearts of those you have protected. Each sends their blessing. Each blessing, a stone to fortify this land. Your castle is strong, my son. Your allies are many. Wield what lies within, and reclaim what is yours. Break the siege of darkness.
Quote:

Old 10-04-2017, 05:51 AM   #967
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

You're not wrong.

YOUTUBE

Old 10-11-2017, 11:45 PM   #968
Lantern Venom
Your Mom's #1 Hypester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDevil View Post
Quote:
In an episode about a clone of Spider-Man from the 70s Spider-Man TV series J. Jonah Jameson dressed as Spider-Man in a costume ball, you know he's the biggest fan.

And J.K. was mad Spidey stole his suit in this movie, it all adds up.

Quote:
You're not wrong.

I've gained even more appreciation for Raimi's output after seeing some of the recent translations of Spidey to the silver & small screens. I was as excited as anyone to see Spider-man in Civil War and Homecoming, but those came pre-packaged with the MCU flavoring. I miss seeing some of the classic comic themes played out in animation and live action.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:35 PM   #969
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern Venom View Post
I've gained even more appreciation for Raimi's output after seeing some of the recent translations of Spidey to the silver & small screens. I was as excited as anyone to see Spider-man in Civil War and Homecoming, but those came pre-packaged with the MCU flavoring. I miss seeing some of the classic comic themes played out in animation and live action.
Many of us in this thread feel the same way.

YOUTUBE

Old 10-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #970
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Cool Rider

The 4K UHD Trilogy boxset is being released on October 17. I'm personally thinking of getting the regular american blu-ray set as the UK one pairs them with the Amazing movies.

Pfeiffer-Pfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #971
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Then I'll buy the UK bundle if I choose to buy the 4k edition.

YOUTUBE

Old 10-21-2017, 05:52 PM   #972
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Finally purchased the Limited Edition Collection that has the Blu Ray of Spider Man 1-3, as well as 2.1 and this Editor's Cut of Spider Man 3.

But then irony hit. As I'm leaving the store, I see the exact same box set, as well as this legacy collection containing the Raimi and Webb films, but in 4K. Strange. By the time slowpokes like me eventually upgrade to 4K, the next iteration will probably be out. 10K or something like that. But whatever, I'm not picky. I'm sure Blu Ray quality Raimi films will suffice.

NotNickFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:06 PM   #973
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Quote:
You're not wrong.
A part of me hopes that, if the MCU does get to J. Jonah Jameson, that they add this kind of depth to him, sorta like how Spectacular Spider-Man did.

I love J.K. Simmons as Jonah, but something a bit different would be nice.

Quote:

Old 10-31-2017, 04:56 AM   #974
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Wait... theres an extended version of Spider Man 3?

"The red capes are coming. The red capes are coming."
WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:35 AM   #975
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
Wait... theres an extended version of Spider Man 3?
There's an alternate version of the movie that was released in June called Spider-Man 3: Editor's Cut.

It's actually shorter than the original film, it removes some scenes and replaces them with new ones. It's not better or worse than the original cut, in my opinion.