The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man: Homecoming

View Poll Results: Predict the Box Office result.
Over $1 billion 19 13.19%
$900 million - $1 billion 26 18.06%
$800 mil - $900 mil 46 31.94%
$700 mil - $800 mil 36 25.00%
$600 mil - $700 mil 11 7.64%
$500 mil - $600 mil 3 2.08%
$400 mil - $500 mil 0 0%
$300 mil - $400 mil 2 1.39%
$200 mil - $300 mil 1 0.69%
Below $200 million 0 0%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #376
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight
 
Donald Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Big Island of Hawaii
Posts: 4,563
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
We’ll see. I don’t see it’s domestic gross going higher than $3Mish by this point. I could be wrong but digital is out soon, etc.
Aloha,
While I agree with you in principle, the people who buy digital may not be the same family audience that will still go to the movies. Now come Xmas, I can see the DVD being a tremendous hit.We just to wait until the FINAL COUNT before we give up on Spidey beating some more super heroes.This kid is AWESOME!
Spidey rules till the very end

Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:28 AM   #377
ironman_rick
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 398
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Spidey should get to at least 5th spot by end of this week. It might even have a chance of overtaking wolf warrior.

So homecoming should be the top grossing superhero movie (world wide) so far this year until justice league is released (which should have no problem clearing billion dollars...... FWIT i think Thor's ceiling is 800M)

BTW, wolf warrior 2's gross is simply unbelievable. >800M just from china alone....gosh.

as of 17th Sep 2017.-----------------------Worldwide
1 Beauty and the Beast (2017)-------$1,262.9
2 The Fate of the Furious--------------$1,238.8
3 Despicable Me 3----------------------$1,015.5
4 Wolf Warrior 2------------------------$870.3
5 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2------$863.4
6 Spider-Man: Homecoming-----------$861.9
7 Wonder Woman----------------------$819.0
8 POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales------$794.1
9 Logan--------------------------------$616.8
10 Transformers: The Last Knight-----$605.4

__________________
A genius billionaire playboy philanthropist

Last edited by ironman_rick; 09-21-2017 at 01:33 AM.
ironman_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:55 PM   #378
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota
 
Tymminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,332
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

$123,733 for Wednesday

Dropping to 1,006 screens this Friday, still over a thousand screens.

__________________
My MCU Movie Grades:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
IM=A, TIH=C+, IM2=B-, T=B+, CA:TFA=B+, TA=A, IM3=C+, T:TDW=B-, CA:TWS=A+, GotG=A-, TA:AoU=B, AM=B+, CA:CW=A, DS=B+, GotGV2=B, SM:H=A-, T:R=A-, BP=?,TA:IW=?, AM&tW=?, CM=?, TA:??=?, ?=?


My DCEU Movie Grades:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
MoS=C, BvS:DoJ=C-, SS=D+, WW=B+, JL=C+, TF=?, AM=?, S=?, JL2=?, C=?, GLC=?, B=?
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #379
iEquinox
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

With 3 new wide releases opening in a combined 10,000+ theaters, many movies are losing lots of theaters this week(5 movies are losing 1,000+ theaters on Friday), but Spider-Man continues to hold on to its theaters well.

Homecoming will lose 430 theaters(-29.9%), and it will still have 1,006 theaters left for week 12. Once again no other MCU movie has had this many theaters left at this stage. The only MCU movie that ever had over 500 theaters left during week 12 was Guardians of the Galaxy with 730 theaters.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/counts/...7&wk=38&p=.htm

iEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:24 PM   #380
Nicko-Ray
"Huh, that was awesome!"
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 8,476
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
While I agree with you in principle, the people who buy digital may not be the same family audience that will still go to the movies. Now come Xmas, I can see the DVD being a tremendous hit.We just to wait until the FINAL COUNT before we give up on Spidey beating some more super heroes.This kid is AWESOME!
Spidey rules till the very end
I try and don’t count home video sales, but it will for SURE be a huge hit on blu-ray. And yes on final count. Which will be maybe around December? We’ll get the basic final count around November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_rick View Post
Spidey should get to at least 5th spot by end of this week. It might even have a chance of overtaking wolf warrior.

So homecoming should be the top grossing superhero movie (world wide) so far this year until justice league is released (which should have no problem clearing billion dollars...... FWIT i think Thor's ceiling is 800M)

BTW, wolf warrior 2's gross is simply unbelievable. >800M just from china alone....gosh.

as of 17th Sep 2017.-----------------------Worldwide
1 Beauty and the Beast (2017)-------$1,262.9
2 The Fate of the Furious--------------$1,238.8
3 Despicable Me 3----------------------$1,015.5
4 Wolf Warrior 2------------------------$870.3
5 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2------$863.4
6 Spider-Man: Homecoming-----------$861.9
7 Wonder Woman----------------------$819.0
8 POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales------$794.1
9 Logan--------------------------------$616.8
10 Transformers: The Last Knight-----$605.4
I think it’ll take over WOLF WARRIOR. I think SMH will end up around $875M.

__________________
TWITTER : @NickoRay



Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:02 AM   #381
iEquinox
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

It's passing $870M this weekend to get very close to BvS worldwide. Won't be long now before it passes it.

iEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:34 PM   #382
iEquinox
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

$149,246 on Thursday, a 20.6% increase from Wednesday.
http://www.the-numbers.com/box-offic...ily/2017/09/21

It was boosted by Rosh Hashanah(Jewish New Year). Friday increase will be a bit lower this week because of the inflated Thursday.

iEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:55 PM   #383
Nicko-Ray
"Huh, that was awesome!"
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 8,476
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

BO sites are reporting that it's being knocked out of the Top 10 this weekend. So not sure how much it's making. $1M at least?

__________________
TWITTER : @NickoRay



Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:01 PM   #384
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,118
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
BO sites are reporting that it's being knocked out of the Top 10 this weekend. So not sure how much it's making. $1M at least?
Well there are 3 larger movies being released that will rank higher for sure, so that means it will drop by 3. However, it was reported earlier that Spider-Man was only loosing 500 theaters approximately earlier while 5 current movies are loosing over a 1000 theaters. As it stands now on September 22nd Spider-man currently stands in the 8th spot and above it is Leap. If Leap is one of the movies loosing 1000 theaters then Spider-Man has a good chance of moving up the chart in comparison to that movie, as last weekend Leap only beat Spider-Man Homecoming by 3 Hundred Thousand and that was with 1000 extra theaters. If it only has like 500 more theaters then Spider-Man provided it is one of the movies to loose theaters then Spider-Man would come out on top of it. Meaning it would move up one place from 8th only to slide by 3 due to the new movies putting it in 10th for the weekend. If it doesn't beat Leap this weekend then I think it will be 11th. At least that is what I am predicting.

Surfer

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the SURTUR PRIME Vs. ESON THE SEARCHER WITH INFINITY STONE fight http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537319

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #385
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight
 
Donald Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Big Island of Hawaii
Posts: 4,563
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Aloha,
Spider-Man:
Homecoming

Total as of Sep. 21, 2017:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $330,793,662 38.4%
+ Foreign: $531,333,735 61.6%
= Worldwide: $862,127,397
While Batman v Superman still has the edge in overseas and, subsequently, total box office gross, the margin is small. Batman v Superman closed at $873 million total with $542 million coming from international box office.

Spidey rules

Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:44 PM   #386
iEquinox
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
BO sites are reporting that it's being knocked out of the Top 10 this weekend. So not sure how much it's making. $1M at least?
Yeah, it should get over $1M this weekend. It could pass $332M this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
We’ll see. I don’t see it’s domestic gross going higher than $3Mish by this point. I could be wrong but digital is out soon, etc.
Yeah, we'll see(it passing Guardians of the Galaxy's domestic total in the near future )

iEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:30 PM   #387
Nicko-Ray
"Huh, that was awesome!"
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 8,476
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEquinox View Post
Yeah, it should get over $1M this weekend. It could pass $332M this weekend.

Yeah, we'll see(it passing Guardians of the Galaxy's domestic total in the near future )
No way is it reaching $389M lol. It already beat its WW total though.

__________________
TWITTER : @NickoRay



Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:33 PM   #388
JKKS085
Side-Kick
 
JKKS085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Paris, France.
Posts: 1,664
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

He means vol. 1

__________________
My Top 10 CBMs
1: The Dark Knight - 2: Captain America Civil War - 3: The Avengers - 4: Batman Mask Of The Phantasm - 5: Captain America The Winter Soldier - 6: Kick-Ass - 7: Batman Begins - 8: Iron Man - 9: V For Vendetta - 10: Batman Returns
JKKS085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:35 PM   #389
iEquinox
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
No way is it reaching $389M lol. It already beat its WW total though.
Guardians of the Galaxy's domestic total is $333.18M.

iEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:04 PM   #390
Nicko-Ray
"Huh, that was awesome!"
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 8,476
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKKS085 View Post
He means vol. 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEquinox View Post
Guardians of the Galaxy's domestic total is $333.18M.
...

my bad lol.

__________________
TWITTER : @NickoRay



Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:22 PM   #391
spiderman2
Side-Kick
 
spiderman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 7,386
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Any chance the movie can pass Spider-Man 3 USA? This is weekend 12 we are going into and if you look at where Spider-Man 3 was after weekend 12 it is about 4.9 million ahead of HC but that is with out this weekends numbers. If the movie does a million this weekend it would be about 3.9 million behind after weekend 3 and its legs are better. Still hoping it can do 900 WW but I think we will have a better idea after this weekend on if it can do that. Hoping its drop in China will bonce back this week after having Apes to deal with last week. I would think at worst it has 10m left in China and like 3 USA and like 1 m rest of the OS market. That would mean 14m added to its current 862 to get it up to 876.

__________________
Top CBM off all time
1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:21 AM   #392
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,118
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
Any chance the movie can pass Spider-Man 3 USA? This is weekend 12 we are going into and if you look at where Spider-Man 3 was after weekend 12 it is about 4.9 million ahead of HC but that is with out this weekends numbers. If the movie does a million this weekend it would be about 3.9 million behind after weekend 3 and its legs are better. Still hoping it can do 900 WW but I think we will have a better idea after this weekend on if it can do that. Hoping its drop in China will bonce back this week after having Apes to deal with last week. I would think at worst it has 10m left in China and like 3 USA and like 1 m rest of the OS market. That would mean 14m added to its current 862 to get it up to 876.
I still think it is possible. I know many are saying it will not reach Spider-Man 3's Domestic total, but Spider-Man Homecoming is breaking many peoples expectations week after week. I would say it's going to be close. For me too close to call right now.

Surfer

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the SURTUR PRIME Vs. ESON THE SEARCHER WITH INFINITY STONE fight http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537319

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #393
iEquinox
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Friday estimate is $285,000.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/c...derman2017.htm

As expected the Friday increase was smaller than usual because of the inflated Thursday. Weekend total should be just over $1M.
It might also pass BvS worldwide this weekend, should be very close at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
Still hoping it can do 900 WW but I think we will have a better idea after this weekend on if it can do that. Hoping its drop in China will bonce back this week after having Apes to deal with last week. I would think at worst it has 10m left in China and like 3 USA and like 1 m rest of the OS market. That would mean 14m added to its current 862 to get it up to 876.
After last weekend it was already certain that it wouldn't make it to $900M. Movies don't really "bounce back" in China. Chances of passing $890M are under 1% as well.

Don't be surprised it if drops over 90% in China next weekend.

iEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:39 AM   #394
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,118
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

I thought I would try to post some reasons why I think Spider man Homecoming might pass Spider-man 3's domestic total. So, bear with me on this logic.

Wonder Woman in week 10 went on to earn another 11 million from that point to week 16. Many will point out that it was due to it being rereleased in a higher amount of theaters which can be seen in week 13 and 14.

So, Wonder Woman's numbers went from 1.6 Million in Week 12 to 2.5 Mil in week 13 and then 2.8 Mil in week 14 with a drastic drop in week 15 to .9 Mil once the theaters were taken away. However, if we look at the numbers and say that without the theater increases that Wonder Woman would have earned 1.4 Mil in week 13 (1.1 Mil less) and 1.1 Mil in week 14 (1.7 Mil Less) then it would indicate that Wonder Woman added about 3 Mil to their pot by rereleasing in a higher theater count during those weeks. So if you deduct that from the 11 Mil you have an increase of 8 Mil.

Now if you look at Spider-man Homecoming's 10th week it was at $328.3 Mil and if you add in the 8 Mil variable from Wonder Woman it would be at $336.3 Mil. which is just shy of Spider-man 3's $336.5 Mil.

However, if you look at Wonder Woman's total for week 10 you will see it earned 3.5 Mil compared to Spider-Man Homecomings 2.6 Mil, but then by week 11 (just a little before the Wonder Woman theater increase) Wonder Woman dropped to 2.1 Mil compared to Spider-Man Homecomings 2.4 Mil. So, just in that 1 week it started passing Wonder Woman's week over week totals without the increase in theaters considered.

Therefore if Spider-Man Homecoming is that close to passing Spider-man 3 by using the Wonder Woman metric then it is quite possible it might surpass it by using a Metric that is currently surpassing the Wonder Woman metric.

I think though there are still a lot of unknown factors new movies coming out and all that has to be factored in as well, but I think it will be close in the end.

Surfer

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the SURTUR PRIME Vs. ESON THE SEARCHER WITH INFINITY STONE fight http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537319

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

Last edited by Surfer; 09-23-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:34 PM   #395
iEquinox
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I thought I would try to post some reasons why I think Spider man Homecoming might pass Spider-man 3's domestic total. So, bear with me on this logic.

Wonder Woman in week 10 went on to earn another 11 million from that point to week 16. Many will point out that it was due to it being rereleased in a higher amount of theaters which can be seen in week 13 and 14.

So, Wonder Woman's numbers went from 1.6 Million in Week 12 to 2.5 Mil in week 13 and then 2.8 Mil in week 14 with a drastic drop in week 15 to .9 Mil once the theaters were taken away. However, if we look at the numbers and say that without the theater increases that Wonder Woman would have earned 1.4 Mil in week 12 (1.1 Mil less) and 1.1 Mil in week 13 (1.7 Mil Less) then it would indicate that Wonder Woman added about 3 Mil to their pot by rereleasing in a higher theater count during those weeks. So if you deduct that from the 11 Mil you have an increase of 8 Mil.

Now if you look at Spider-man Homecoming's 10th week it was at $328.3 Mil and if you add in the 8 Mil variable from Wonder Woman it would be at $336.3 Mil. which is just shy of Spider-man 3's $336.5 Mil.

However, if you look at Wonder Woman's total for week 10 you will see it earned 3.5 Mil compared to Spider-Man Homecomings 2.6 Mil, but then by week 11 (just a little before the Wonder Woman theater increase) Wonder Woman dropped to 2.1 Mil compared to Spider-Man Homecomings 2.4 Mil. So, just in that 1 week it started passing Wonder Woman's week over week totals without the increase in theaters considered.

Therefore if Spider-Man Homecoming is that close to passing Spider-man 3 by using the Wonder Woman metric then it is quite possible it might surpass it by using a Metric that is currently surpassing the Wonder Woman metric.

I think though there are still a lot of unknown factors new movies coming out and all that has to be factored in as well, but I think it will be close in the end.

Surfer
Wonder Woman is not a very good comparison though. First off the expansion means you have to make up the numbers yourself to fill in the blanks. That's never very accurate. It also got a massive boost by Labor Day week, which Homecoming won't get. It also got an unnatural hold last weekend just like Homecoming. Some outside factors were affecting holds for family oriented movies. We can't expect that to happen again. Competition is also stronger now than it was for Wonder Woman during those weeks. A big theater count drop could happen at any moment. Wonder Woman still had nearly 1,000 theaters left during week 15 thanks to the expansion but you didn't deduct any gross from week 15(you did for week 14, but you called it week 13 in your post by accident). And Wonder Woman's run is also not even over yet. We don't even know how much more it can make.

Beating Spider-Man 3 is not impossible, but does seem unlikely. I think using Wonder Woman as a comparison is an odd choice though. GotG(same week numbers) or Ant-Man(2 weeks sooner) would be much easier. Easier to track progress on any given week as well, without all the numbers to make up or holidays, unnatural holds and inflated theater counts to consider.

Following GotG would even get it past Spider-Man 3. The earlier home video release makes it unlikely though. Following Ant-Man's drops(2 weeks sooner) would get it to $334.75M. Same problem with home video release though. It all depends on the theater count(and discount theater boosts), which is something we can't predict accurately. That's why the last few millions can be the hardest to predict. The only way to be very sure is to wait and see. That's why I am mainly focusing on the nearer future at this point, with things like passing GotG's domestic total first. In a few weeks we should know more about its chances of passing Spider-Man 3's domestic total.

iEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:05 PM   #396
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,118
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEquinox View Post
Wonder Woman is not a very good comparison though. First off the expansion means you have to make up the numbers yourself to fill in the blanks. That's never very accurate. It also got a massive boost by Labor Day week, which Homecoming won't get. It also got an unnatural hold last weekend just like Homecoming. Some outside factors were affecting holds for family oriented movies. We can't expect that to happen again. Competition is also stronger now than it was for Wonder Woman during those weeks. A big theater count drop could happen at any moment. Wonder Woman still had nearly 1,000 theaters left during week 15 thanks to the expansion but you didn't deduct any gross from week 15(you did for week 14, but you called it week 13 in your post by accident). And Wonder Woman's run is also not even over yet. We don't even know how much more it can make.

Beating Spider-Man 3 is not impossible, but does seem unlikely. I think using Wonder Woman as a comparison is an odd choice though. GotG(same week numbers) or Ant-Man(2 weeks sooner) would be much easier. Easier to track progress on any given week as well, without all the numbers to make up or holidays, unnatural holds and inflated theater counts to consider.

Following GotG would even get it past Spider-Man 3. The earlier home video release makes it unlikely though. Following Ant-Man's drops(2 weeks sooner) would get it to $334.75M. Same problem with home video release though. It all depends on the theater count(and discount theater boosts), which is something we can't predict accurately. That's why the last few millions can be the hardest to predict. The only way to be very sure is to wait and see. That's why I am mainly focusing on the nearer future at this point, with things like passing GotG's domestic total first. In a few weeks we should know more about its chances of passing Spider-Man 3's domestic total.
I agree with everything you said. The reason I used Wonder Woman though is because it is another movie that has had very good legs and Spider-Man seems to be outpacing it during this last week. So, I felt I could draw a parallel to how much it went on to continue to make and the possibility that Spider-Man can do the same excluding the extra money Wonder Woman made from the added theater count. I agree though there is still a lot of unknown factors, but I am just saying it is still possible and was trying my best to answer Spider-Man 2's question.

So, initially I posted I thought it was possible, but I thought before I have a lot of people come in and say I was wrong, I just wanted to give an idea as to why I thought it might be possible. So, I indicated that in a second post. There might have been better comparisons, but still I felt the Wonder Woman comparison showed that it's not out of the realm of possibility. Which is all I was going for. I realize I didn't consider everything though, which is why in the first post I said it is too early to tell.

Surfer

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the SURTUR PRIME Vs. ESON THE SEARCHER WITH INFINITY STONE fight http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537319

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:44 PM   #397
iEquinox
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I agree with everything you said. The reason I used Wonder Woman though is because it is another movie that has had very good legs and Spider-Man seems to be outpacing it during this last week. So, I felt I could draw a parallel to how much it went on to continue to make and the possibility that Spider-Man can do the same excluding the extra money Wonder Woman made from the added theater count. I agree though there is still a lot of unknown factors, but I am just saying it is still possible and was trying my best to answer Spider-Man 2's question.

So, initially I posted I thought it was possible, but I thought before I have a lot of people come in and say I was wrong, I just wanted to give an idea as to why I thought it might be possible. So, I indicated that in a second post. There might have been better comparisons, but still I felt the Wonder Woman comparison showed that it's not out of the realm of possibility. Which is all I was going for. I realize I didn't consider everything though, which is why in the first post I said it is too early to tell.

Surfer
I agree with the point you were making. While it doesn't seem likely, and I'm not expecting it to, passing Spider-Man 3's domestic total can't be completely ruled out just yet.

iEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:10 PM   #398
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota
 
Tymminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,332
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Friday estimate 285,000.

__________________
My MCU Movie Grades:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
IM=A, TIH=C+, IM2=B-, T=B+, CA:TFA=B+, TA=A, IM3=C+, T:TDW=B-, CA:TWS=A+, GotG=A-, TA:AoU=B, AM=B+, CA:CW=A, DS=B+, GotGV2=B, SM:H=A-, T:R=A-, BP=?,TA:IW=?, AM&tW=?, CM=?, TA:??=?, ?=?


My DCEU Movie Grades:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
MoS=C, BvS:DoJ=C-, SS=D+, WW=B+, JL=C+, TF=?, AM=?, S=?, JL2=?, C=?, GLC=?, B=?
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:15 PM   #399
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight
 
Donald Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Big Island of Hawaii
Posts: 4,563
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I still think it is possible. I know many are saying it will not reach Spider-Man 3's Domestic total, but Spider-Man Homecoming is breaking many peoples expectations week after week. I would say it's going to be close. For me too close to call right now.

Surfer
Aloha,
We are coming into the final stretch before the DVD and digital releases come out. I'm sure that Sony/Marvel are happy enough with the success of HC that they feel comfortable releasing it in those formats.Based upon how much was spent to produce and advertise a Spider-Man movie, I'm sure Homecoming is the most profitable ever made.
Now when it comes to beating Spider-Man 3--it ain't over until the last dollar is counted.
Repeat after me-I think we can, I think we can!

Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #400
iEquinox
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Weekend estimate is $1,100,000 (-40.8%). Good hold with Kingsman 2 and Lego Ninjago opening.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend...wknd=38&p=.htm

That means the domestic total is now up to $331,893,662.
OS estimates should come in soon as well. Let's see how close it gets to BvS worldwide, or if it already passed it.

iEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.