The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Wonder Woman > Wonder Woman Sequels

Old 09-23-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
Milk Tray Guy
Man of Action

Default 'Themyscira' - Wonder Woman prequel TV show?

Do you think there'll be one? After all we're supposedly getting a 'Krypton' prequel show on Syfy - and audiences seemed to love those early Amazon scenes in WW. Personally, I wouldn't rule it out...

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Default Re: 'Themyscira' - Wonder Woman prequel TV show?

I doubt it. Krypton didn't get started because Man of Steel was super popular, it got started because Man of Steel *wasn't* super popular, but lots of people seemed to like one particular part of it. Wonder Woman doesn't have this issue.

Plus, they already tried making a WW TV show, twice, and it fell through both times. Successful movie means it's more potentially valuable, but also that the movie execs will clutch the IP even tighter.

metaphysician is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:14 PM   #3
Vlyse
Side-Kick

I think there should be one. There isn't anything like it on TV atm. The Amazons need character development. WW2 is probably going to 100% be a story in solely Man's World, which I'd like it to be anyways. Patty Jenkins said of the sequel "she's WW now. This is going to be Wonder Woman unleashed upon the world."

It'd be kinda convoluted if they included Themyscira in the sequel anyways. Wonder Woman was a unique film that was basically standalone and zero setup for another movie. The sequel is basically starting over with Wonder Woman's time, setting, and supporting cast. And to top it off, it has to setup memorable villains.

That's ambitious enough without including some weird back and forth to Themyscira and The Amazons.

Vlyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:10 PM   #4
Milk Tray Guy
Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlyse View Post
Wonder Woman was a unique film that was basically standalone and zero setup for another movie.
Yes similar in a way to Batman Begins, which would have stood perfectly on it's own if there had never been a sequel. Although BB teased the Joker it wasn't exactly an unresolved thread, it just showed that Batman is here and off to face whatever's out there.

I know that WB/DC said they wouldn't tie their TV stuff into the DCEU but that seems to have been bypassed with Krypton - not least I suspect because Krypton's 'historical' setting removes the logistical problems of trying to coordinate events directly with those of the current-day DCEU (see Agents of Shield/MCU). A Themyscira prequel set way in the island's past would avoid similar problems in the same way.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote