The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #551
The Shape
In the shadows
 
The Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Your mind.
Posts: 18,221
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Damn, another month. That blows.

Kind of odd that we'll be getting a seemingly "fully formed" Harley Quinn before a fully formed Joker.

__________________
I'll be there... around every corner, in every empty room, as inevitable as your guilty conscience...
The Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:27 AM   #552
Darkness Falls
We Could Be Heroes.....
 
Darkness Falls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 13,153
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Harley looks good

__________________
"I beg of you my son, please choose happiness. Unless you feel a calling — a true calling." – Thomas Wayne
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:30 AM   #553
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 100,701
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

How many seasons have there been of this now?

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:27 AM   #554
Darkness Falls
We Could Be Heroes.....
 
Darkness Falls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 13,153
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

this is the 2nd season so far

__________________
"I beg of you my son, please choose happiness. Unless you feel a calling — a true calling." – Thomas Wayne
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:45 AM   #555
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 100,701
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
this is the 2nd season so far
Thanks. Will be jumping on soon.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:15 AM   #556
Slick
Yup
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,983
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
Damn, another month. That blows.

Kind of odd that we'll be getting a seemingly "fully formed" Harley Quinn before a fully formed Joker.
Kinda like in The Batman we got Batgirl before we got Robin. Should be interesting at least.

__________________
Yup
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:49 AM   #557
Brother Jack
Believer
 
Brother Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2300 A.D.
Posts: 8,609
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
Damn, another month. That blows.

Kind of odd that we'll be getting a seemingly "fully formed" Harley Quinn before a fully formed Joker.
A month (and a half) between episodes is fast for Telltale.

__________________
Life was such a wheel that no
man could stand upon it for long.
And it always, at the end, came
round to the same place again.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #558
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,388
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
Kind of odd that we'll be getting a seemingly "fully formed" Harley Quinn before a fully formed Joker.
Hardly the most radical change Telltale has done to Batman mythos.

Also, it would be interesting if Harley was the dominant one in the relationship.

GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:12 PM   #559
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 32,990
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Telltale are “humbled” that DC let them create their own Batman canon



11 hours ago


If you’ve played Telltale’s Batman series, the key thing you’ll have noticed is that it doesn't feature the same Batman you might've read...Read more





source:PCGN


zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #560
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 32,990
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series





NEWSTelltale is porting Guardians of the Galaxy and Batman over to Nintendo Switch Today at 2:36 pm

Telltale is well known for being a developer that gets its products on as many platforms as humanly possible...Read more


source: Gamezone

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #561
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 32,990
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series




Batman: The Enemy Within’s second episode gets a new release date

September 14, 2017


It appears that Telltale Games has pushed back the release date of Batman: The Enemy Within's second episode slightly.
Read more








source: EGMnow

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:43 PM   #562
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 32,990
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series





NEWSTelltale tabs Zynga's VP of Games, Pete Hawley as its next CEO Sep 14, 2017


Just six months after re-taking the role of CEO at Telltale, co-Founder Dan Connors is stepping down. Today, the...Read more



source: Gamezone

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #563
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,388
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series



Episode 2 has been pushed to October 3rd. A full trailer will come out on the 26th instead.

GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:32 PM   #564
X Knight
Watchful Protector
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,030
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

so, I'm starting to look at this game, but I'm a little confused as to how it's being structured.

1. How many games or episodes are supposed to be in this Telltale Batman series? Is each game considered an episode or does each game contain multiple eps?

2. Also, once complete, does Telltale usually release a physical version that contains the whole game or all episodes?

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:23 PM   #565
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant
 
Jick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Across the burning sands
Posts: 9,049
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Each game has multiple episodes. Usually 5. They're released on a monthly basis (or at least they try).

Sometimes they release the physical version once all the episodes are out. They did it for the Walking Dead. I'm not sure for Batman.

__________________
Quote:
Lewis Black
"If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college."
Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:20 PM   #566
X Knight
Watchful Protector
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,030
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick View Post
Each game has multiple episodes. Usually 5. They're released on a monthly basis (or at least they try).

Sometimes they release the physical version once all the episodes are out. They did it for the Walking Dead. I'm not sure for Batman.
thanks.

so the 1st game or season is complete will all episodes.

now, we are on the 2nd game/season with episode 2 coming up?

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:46 PM   #567
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,388
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
thanks.

so the 1st game or season is complete will all episodes.

now, we are on the 2nd game/season with episode 2 coming up?
Pretty much.

Though I don't think they ever bothered to make a complete version of season one Batman. I got mine for free by pre-ordering the second season.

GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:04 PM   #568
X Knight
Watchful Protector
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,030
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
Pretty much.

Though I don't think they ever bothered to make a complete version of season one Batman. I got mine for free by pre-ordering the second season.
thanks.

do you have to buy each ep for the season separately?

or do you just buy the whole season which gives you all the eps as they become available?

so if I buy Season 1 now, that will include all the eps for that season.

and if I buy Season 2, that will include the current ep plus all future eps for the season as they are released?

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:11 PM   #569
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,447
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

They have a season pass where you get all episodes and DL them as they become available.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:33 PM   #570
X Knight
Watchful Protector
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,030
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
They have a season pass where you get all episodes and DL them as they become available.
thanks!

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:53 PM   #571
X Knight
Watchful Protector
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,030
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

so I played through the demo of Season 2 last night.

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

It was basically all QTEs and like playing through a visual novel.

I've never played a Telltale game before, but is that basically what all these Telltale games are like? Playing through a visual novel using QTEs?

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:09 PM   #572
Bobber
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 406
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so I played through the demo of Season 2 last night.

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

It was basically all QTEs and like playing through a visual novel.

I've never played a Telltale game before, but is that basically what all these Telltale games are like? Playing through a visual novel using QTEs?
Yes.

Bobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:52 PM   #573
X Knight
Watchful Protector
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,030
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
Yes.
ah, I see. thanks.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:23 PM   #574
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 32,990
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so I played through the demo of Season 2 last night.

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

It was basically all QTEs and like playing through a visual novel.

I've never played a Telltale game before, but is that basically what all these Telltale games are like? Playing through a visual novel using QTEs?
yes it's a modern version of the J visula novel otwhat thevurtual reality arkham fallwed as well . I said that many's here and on places like Gematus and siliconera. and if you look at the stein gate thread next to chaos child thread.

japan has started to fallow suit alittle more with have their visual novel's to be more animated or to take on the anime part's to be apart of their games this has had few people that liked the original style of visual novles where they just read through the entire game to be confused.

but those in the west that have been exposed to the traditional version of VN's from japan also said they didn't get into them . but they got into tell tale it had to do with how more animated and interactive it was. next the voice and subtitle reading.

the only difference that set the japan visual novel and what tel tale does apart are the different routs / out comes of your chose's both during in game and the multiple ending's . while tell tale has a smaller amount compared to the JVN's.


Last edited by zenith16; 09-24-2017 at 11:26 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:51 PM   #575
X Knight
Watchful Protector
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,030
Default Re: Batman: The Telltale Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
yes it's a modern version of the J visula novel otwhat thevurtual reality arkham fallwed as well . I said that many's here and on places like Gematus and siliconera. and if you look at the stein gate thread next to chaos child thread.

japan has started to fallow suit alittle more with have their visual novel's to be more animated or to take on the anime part's to be apart of their games this has had few people that liked the original style of visual novles where they just read through the entire game to be confused.

but those in the west that have been exposed to the traditional version of VN's from japan also said they didn't get into them . but they got into tell tale it had to do with how more animated and interactive it was. next the voice and subtitle reading.

the only difference that set the japan visual novel and what tel tale does apart are the different routs / out comes of your chose's both during in game and the multiple ending's . while tell tale has a smaller amount compared to the JVN's.
interesting.

and I don't really play that genre of game. In fact, I think the Telltale Batman demo was the 1st time I've really played a "visual novel" game.

And I have mixed feelings about it. I did like the story and art style and it definitely got me intrigued. I'm just not sure if an entire game of QTEs would hold my interest. I'd much rather have direct control of the character, be able to walk around and interact, engage in combat, etc.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.