The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Flash > Flashpoint

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2017, 10:58 AM   #26
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,182
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Kylo Ren himself...Adam Driver as Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash

My 2nd choice would be Jonny Lee Miller

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:49 PM   #27
Guts
Gul
 
Guts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Terok Nor
Posts: 19,664
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Glenn Howerton.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booze Bolton View Post
yo. i rarely get all thangintatical.. but win i read people in xman and deadpolo thread it makes me wonder wha gundamental reason human spices exist
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #28
David H.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,338
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

I'd be all for it!

I suggested Liam McPoyle in the last page! Haha.

David H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:41 PM   #29
AvegningSpider
Flashy Underoos
 
AvegningSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,079
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

In a different world and had he not been cast as Vulko

Willem as Old Eobard.

__________________
2017.
Flash: ''Thanks for the suit Mr. Wayne''
AvegningSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:47 AM   #30
Wonder Juli
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 27
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Kevin Bacon as Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash

Wonder Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #31
David H.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,338
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Grant Gustin as Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash

David H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:48 PM   #32
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
KRYPTON INC.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 57,229
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by David H. View Post
Grant Gustin as Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash
He has gobs of experience screwing up timelines already, so... Yeah. Sure.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:57 PM   #33
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!
 
Avenging Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Centerport, NY
Posts: 2,356
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

That'll be a trip. Grant is more like Wally than Barry or RF.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:15 PM   #34
Guard82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 946
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

One thing I'm wondering is how they are going to introduce Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash in this movie if the film is going to be based on Flashpoint. The main appeal of Thawne's involvement in the Flashpoint story is that he and Barry have already been bitter enemies for years and years, and now their rivalry is coming to a deadly climax because of Barry's mistake in changing the timeline. How are they going to build up that rivalry between Barry and Eobard in this movie if we've never met Eobard before?

The movie is going to have to juggle so many elements such as Barry's origin story, his relationship with his parents, his grieving over his mother, and his decision to save his mother by changing the timeline. How are the filmmakers going to handle all of these elements while also introducing Thawne and inserting him into the Flashpoint story?

Guard82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #35
BMCAABY
Side-Kick
 
BMCAABY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard82 View Post
One thing I'm wondering is how they are going to introduce Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash in this movie if the film is going to be based on Flashpoint. The main appeal of Thawne's involvement in the Flashpoint story is that he and Barry have already been bitter enemies for years and years, and now their rivalry is coming to a deadly climax because of Barry's mistake in changing the timeline. How are they going to build up that rivalry between Barry and Eobard in this movie if we've never met Eobard before?

The movie is going to have to juggle so many elements such as Barry's origin story, his relationship with his parents, his grieving over his mother, and his decision to save his mother by changing the timeline. How are the filmmakers going to handle all of these elements while also introducing Thawne and inserting him into the Flashpoint story?
I think in this version, they will introduce Eobard and create the whole idea of a man in yellow killing his mother and Barry realizing it is this man after he goes back in time to find out who it was with his new found powers, then changing the whole timeline. While Eobard comes up numerous times in the changed timeline as well. They don't necessarily need to have a huge history, Eobard just needs to mention how he is from the future and how much he aspired to be against him. I think the best route would be for them to go a Tim Burton Batman route where that film laid out his parents killer was the Joker while they also introduce the Joker and his origin story. They could go with that with Eobard, it will allow a much less experienced Barry making a sudden impulsive reason to stop him murdering his mother.

I think they don't need to create a long history between the two, just introduce him just like Goblin or Joker in one movie.

BMCAABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #36
BMCAABY
Side-Kick
 
BMCAABY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
Kylo Ren himself...Adam Driver as Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash

My 2nd choice would be Jonny Lee Miller
I really want Adam Driver as well!




BMCAABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:12 PM   #37
Guard82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 946
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCAABY View Post
I think in this version, they will introduce Eobard and create the whole idea of a man in yellow killing his mother and Barry realizing it is this man after he goes back in time to find out who it was with his new found powers, then changing the whole timeline. While Eobard comes up numerous times in the changed timeline as well. They don't necessarily need to have a huge history, Eobard just needs to mention how he is from the future and how much he aspired to be against him. I think the best route would be for them to go a Tim Burton Batman route where that film laid out his parents killer was the Joker while they also introduce the Joker and his origin story. They could go with that with Eobard, it will allow a much less experienced Barry making a sudden impulsive reason to stop him murdering his mother.

I think they don't need to create a long history between the two, just introduce him just like Goblin or Joker in one movie.
Ah yes, this approach would work well as a way of introducing Eobard in a way that would make sense within the story. I hope they handle his character in a similar way to what you described.

Guard82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:07 PM   #38
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick
 
Astro13Zombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 8,109
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Domhnall Gleeson


Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:24 AM   #39
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,825
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Gosh he looks like David wenham there

__________________
Mutant and proud.
Silvermoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:19 AM   #40
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,825
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Matthew McConaughey is another interesting choice. He could do sadistic but weirdly charming

__________________
Mutant and proud.
Silvermoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #41
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,182
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCAABY View Post
I really want Adam Driver as well!




Like I know right and for Adam Driver to end up in the DCEU especially as a Flash villain playing Reverse Flash to Ezra's Flash it would be awesome

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:03 AM   #42
007
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 691
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

adam driver absolutley ducks as an actor.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:37 AM   #43
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,825
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Well, people do want ducks

__________________
Mutant and proud.
Silvermoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:09 AM   #44
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,182
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Then how about Colin Farrell as Eobard Thawne

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #45
Pennywise
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kingston,Ontario
Posts: 2,803
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

For some reason, I've been imagining Alan Tudyk for Thawne/Reverse Flash.

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:24 AM   #46
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick
 
Astro13Zombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 8,109
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
Domhnall Gleeson

Just watched Mother last night and it reminded me that he’d be a perfect Eobard.

I don’t usually get attached to fan casting but I can’t help it with this one

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:05 PM   #47
fan4stic
Side-Kick
 
fan4stic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 563
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Boyd Holbrook is my pick.

fan4stic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:19 AM   #48
Flash525
Side-Kick
 
Flash525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Posts: 1,408
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Bacon View Post
Matthew Mcconaughey.

I like the name Professor Zoom, but it's ridiculous so probably just Reverse Flash.

The costume? Just be the reverse of Ezra's.
No, no, no!! What if Barry changes his suit? Eobard can't keep wearing the same reverse suit to Barry, especially when Eobard come from the future and wont necessarily know which suit Barry will be wearing at the time of their interaction.

I doubt Eobard would care to carry a wardrobe around with him all the time.

As for Professor Zoom sounding ridiculous, you're probably right, but then does Reverse Flash sound any more credible? They should just simply go with Zoom, or forget the villain name, and just call the character Eobard and/or Thawne.

__________________
RAGE | GREED | FEAR | WILL | HOPE | COMPASSION | LOVE
Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #49
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,182
Default Re: Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4stic View Post
Boyd Holbrook is my pick.
Boyd Holbrook I could see him personally as Hal Jordan or even see him as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow before I could see him as Eobard

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.