The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Gotham

Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #576
Sawyer
High King

Default Re: The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Should be a notice in the trailer that viewers should fast forward to around 4:27 for actual new footage. Curious if Charlie Tahan is returning for the role of Jonathan Crane or if Gotham is going for the recast route like with Ivy and Firefly. Granted, Crane was only in two episodes, so not like a recast would be a huge deal for viewers.
The crazy thing about the Firefly recast is that I didn't even realize she had been recast until the new girl was already about 2-3 episodes deep.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM   #577
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Oh, Gotham, you left us wanting more.

At the Indigo Ballroom of SDCC 2017, the cast and crew of the hit FOX show shined a new light on what to expect for the coming season.

* 3:00pm PT *

Hot dang, the panel actually started EARLY!

Sizzle reel from last season with a couple teases for this coming season.

Big bad will be SCARECROW, from the tease!

Panel includes: Alexander Siddig, Erin Taylor, Ben McKenzie, Robin Lord Taylor, Cory Michael Smith, Sean Pertee, Camren Bicondova, Drew Powell, Morena Baccarin

"How would you rate Cory's rise as the Riddler?"

RLT, "Long overdue. My character was launched in the pilot but then you saw in Season 3 you saw what we went through together. It was really good to see someone who can always match intellegence and cunning."

"What will it be like for Riddler coming out of the Big Freeeze?"

CMS, "What are the effects of being on ice? It is going to mess up his trajectory and he isnt going to operate the same way. So he needs to find a new path and a new identity."

"Can Penguin and Riddler repair their relationship?"

RLT, "Enemies and friends are not too far removed on this show. A lot of characters fall in and out of relationships with one another. The are all connected with one another. Friends and enemies are more similar than people think in Gotham."

"Did you think, are they really going to off me..."

Sean, "Episode 21 I took one straight through the chest from ol' Bruce, but seemingly things are all good."

Erin, "It is an actors greater fear to be killed off, but the communication is so keen with us on this team. And so I was scared as always, but John told me that things were going to be okay."

Drew, "I got a call at about 930 from John, and I told my wife that 'this is where my job ends' but it wasnt like that."

* 3:09 pm PT *

"Can Tabitha and Babs make up?"

Sarah, "I dont know. I think the question is more like where is their relationship is going to go next. I dont think Tabitha is ever going to be a second fiddle for them... but maybe someone at this table may help with that ...

Cameron, "Selena goes to Sirens and looks for Barbara, but Tabitha is there and so Selena falls under Tabitha wings. And we see how their relatonship evolves over the next six months. And Barbara finds her way to Tabitha and ultimately Selena... and then in 4-01, Selena starts to become the stitch that can sew up the torn fabric of their relationship."

Panel Questions

Sarah, "Camren is crushing the stunts, doing her own stunts, cracking the whip... really doing great things."

"How painful was you cats in the alley scene?"

Camren, "It was winter in NY, raining at like 10 at night, and I made the artistic decision to keep my eyes open when I dead, little fact that it means it was painful, and I had my contacts in and they had to bring the cats out.... they had real cats... and I didnt have gloves on and they put cat food in my hands, and around my ears, but one of them -- I call him Savage Cat -- and he was hungry and he didnt just sniff the food or lick it off but bite it off my finger. And so then I had to go to the hospital and get a rabies shot..... It was great... so most of them CGI."

* 3:15 pm PT *

"There is going ot be a very different Barbara after this..."

Erin, "This isnt a whig (flashes her really short, blonde hair) ... "

"Will a different Barbara be attractive to a different Jim?"

Ben, "There is supposed to be a daughter born out of this relationship, right. So.. never say never."

"What is the Gotham version of Solomon Grundy like..."

John Stephens, "We hold a lot to canon, so he gets dumped ito the swamp, and when he comes out and walks through Gotham, he takes his name like the nursery ryhmes. He has no memory of working for Penguin, or hating Nygma, which is great because it is the first person he meets and they become... best friends."

"I hear that Ra'S is really going to be stuck on believing that Bruce is his heir."

Alex, "It has been about 2000 years of chasing what he bleives to be his heir and he believes that to be Bruce and so his is sort of singularly focused on that."

* 3:22 pm PT *

Ben, "Ra'S bringing Bruce over to the dark side is so paramount to this storyline. I mean if he is going to keep pushing his character forward and move into the role he is supposed to be, he can't be a naive boy anymore."

"How deeply can you go into the Batman story in Season 4..."

John, "In season four Bruce will have body armour, and have grappling hooks, and wear a mask, but he wont be Batman. He will spend a lot of time with Ra'S and begin that transition but we have so many things to explore and move into the role. For David to get to do so many transitions and go to some very dark places that no one has ever seen that character go before in any of the other interpretations. But he won't make that full transition. He won't BE Batman, yet."

"Scarecrow. He comes in early. First episode. Tell us more."

Ben, "We met his father, Dr. Craine in Season 1. Taken our time and come back now to his son. Circumstances that we cant describe now, but he takes on his father's mantle and becomes the full Scarecrow."

* 3:28 pm PT *

"Will we see any other characters coming back?"

John, "Lee Tompkins is coming back, but it is a much harder and much darker Lee Tompkins. It is not your parents Lee. She has to deal with the fact that she was instrumental in the spread of the virus and she has to come to grips with that and she does it in a very unique way.

"She is going to form up a family, of sorts, and it will be with Riddler, Solomon, and her."

Fan Questions

"If Batman came up do you think you have the same relationship since you arent the same Gordon?"

Ben, "If he were a fully realized Batman right now, it would be curious to see how Bruce wins from both Jim's failures and successes. So how Bruce sees his humanity and that relationship will be crucial in the show. How Bruce sees both a father figure but also a noble failure. A man who cant quite keep the city together."

"How far in advance to make a choice to turn Butch into Solomon?"

John, "We have had ideas to do it for about a season but you want to let stories to unfold and some thing go quickly, like Ra'S ... we wanted to do him at the top of Season 4, but we made it very quickly, about two episodes before we wanted to. It is nice to plan things out but we let the story decide."

"How much interpretation can you actually add as an actor?"

Ben, "I think none of these characters could be who they are without the actors. Now it is based on the script but we are allwoed to work through that."

RLT, "John knows our voice so well and he allows us to use our voices to it. They know how Barbara speaks and how Alfred speaks and they let us go for it."

* 3:37 pm PT *

"How hard was it to direct an episode you are in..."

Ben, "In this instance, we have such talented people invovled inthe show and I got a terrific script and we have an amazing crew and this cast of actors is amazing. In my head I had amazing ideas and Id go get a coffee and then the DP came back and set up a better shot and I took credit for it. So, my advice, is to listen and listen to your actors. It was a delight."

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/22/g...-live-recap/#2

Pennywise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM   #578
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Liked a lot of what I've heard from that recap. Although, Lee going bad yet again sounds a little tiring! Favourite part was hearing that Butch is going to be dumped in the swamp as I was worried he was going to be merely experimented on!

Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #579
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Should be a notice in the trailer that viewers should fast forward to around 4:27 for actual new footage. Curious if Charlie Tahan is returning for the role of Jonathan Crane or if Gotham is going for the recast route like with Ivy and Firefly. Granted, Crane was only in two episodes, so not like a recast would be a huge deal for viewers.
According to one of the attendees, Tahan is reprising the role.

GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #580
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Pyg is coming!!

http://screenrant.com/gotham-season-4-professor-pyg/

Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #581
Sawyer
High King

Cool to hear that Ben's writing one. And Ra's based too.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #582
Guts
Skeet

Crystal Reed Cast As Sofia Falcone – Comic-Con

Wonder Woman: KAL! Are you really gonna turn your back on family?!
Superman: (kisses Darkseid and walks away)
#ENDGRIFFITH2017
Guts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:51 AM   #583
Sawyer
High King

Oh wow, I hadn't even seen that. I guess that's the thing about SDCC. It's such a relentless storm of info that you're bound to miss stuff.

@HIGHzurrer

Old Today, 01:47 AM   #584
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
It's kinda funny how Pyg was conceived as a Dick Grayson villain, yet he's fought Bruce in Beware the Batman and Arkham Knight, and now he'll show up before Bruce even becomes Batman.

GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:51 AM   #585
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Now that they're actually starting to steer Bruce towards becoming Batman, I might start watching this show.

2017 Scores: John Wick 2: 8/10, Logan - 9.5/10, Alien Covenant - 5/10, GotG 2 - 7/10, Wonder Woman - 9/10, Spider-man Homecoming 8/10 War For The Planet Of The Apes - 9/10, Dunkirk - 10/10,
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:03 PM   #586
proteus
Side-Kick

It was also said that Rahs put Barbara in the Lazarus Pit, brought her back, and trained her and now she'll be more badass.

proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:28 PM   #587
Pennywise
Side-Kick

First half of the season will adapt The Long Halloween, while the second half will use elements of Year One! Also, the Holiday killer may appear!

http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/villa...tham-season-4/
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/gotham/...ween-year-one/

Old Today, 01:33 PM   #588
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

oh man.even more excited about season 4.

Old Today, 05:45 PM   #589
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus View Post
It was also said that Rahs put Barbara in the Lazarus Pit, brought her back, and trained her and now she'll be more badass.
Interesting. Did the pit also turn her platinum blonde? lol

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:10 PM   #590
DR14

Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus View Post
I hope the show spends some time explaining what actually has Ra's interested in Barbara, because that seems totally random to me.

DR14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:25 PM   #591
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

I am glad they brought her back since she is the most enjoyable part of the show.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:35 PM   #592
DR14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I am glad they brought her back since she is the most enjoyable part of the show.
I also heard she'll be teaming up with Tabs/Selina, so I wonder how they tie into it.

DR14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:12 PM   #593
Pennywise
Side-Kick

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...k-for-season-4

Scarecrow is going to bring fear! The episodes involving him will play out as a horror movie, especially Episode 2! Can't wait to watch the episodes!

Old Today, 08:10 PM   #594
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Very curious if they'll bring Dent back into the mix.

You have won many victories, rekindling hope in the hearts of those you have protected. Each sends their blessing. Each blessing, a stone to fortify this land. Your castle is strong, my son. Your allies are many. Wield what lies within, and reclaim what is yours. Break the siege of darkness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Their primal need to argue outweighs their ability to acknowledge that they're actually agreeing with each other
SkullDevil is online now   Reply With Quote