The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Gifted

Old 01-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #626
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Gifted General Discussion

I was pretty worried about this show so I'm pumped it got renewed.

Questions about the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Want to settle a debate? Looking for images? Visit the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki! The most accurate and comprehensive Marvel Movie and TV show wiki!
coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:09 PM   #627
HotshotE
Newbie First Class

Yes! I've had my fingers crossed for this. I'm really glad it's coming back.

HotshotE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:09 AM   #628
Jh7058622
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedWraith View Post
Farewell "The Gifted", we hardly knew yee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Who are you directing that shade to anyway? No one here is saying it would be canceled.
Can you just look at previous posts instead of making it about you? Yes, someone did say it was headed toward cancellation and they were wrong.

Jh7058622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:37 PM   #629
eon001
Side-Kick

I got this idea from a Gifted after. One of the hosts suggested that a known Xmen needs to enter the show and take command of the group.

I think character like Forge or Banshee would be perfect. There the right level of popularity to be known by the fans, but won't be missed in the movies.

Forge would be perfect. He can set up a high tech command base with there own training room.

I want to see costumes too. Nothing fancy, maybe a tactical combat outfit some X branding, but with enough flexibility to put some personality in it.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:39 PM   #630
Sithborg
About time Filoni

And what is the issue with Polaris?

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #631
godisawesome
Side-Kick

I don't know if it's an issue exactly with Polaris, but they've written the character as a still growing mutant power player, a functionally different role from the grizzled veteran X-Men idea that I think is being proposed. Polaris would eventually probably ascend past such a character, if that makes sense.

Bring in a full former X-Men member who's already examp dead his powers and skills about as far as they can go and who can act as both a mentor and as a benchmark for our characters.

(Spoilers at 27:50, crazy rant about Finn at 1:02:40)
https://www.buzzsprout.com/132209/61...spoiler-review
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:09 AM   #632
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
And what is the issue with Polaris?
Whatever it is... I love it.

I honest to God LOVE this show. It's not just the best new network TV show but the best overall Network show in all seriousness.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:59 PM   #633
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Submit your questions now!. Emma Dumont, Blair Redford and Natalie Alyn Lind will be LIVE right here around 2:30 PM PST today

https://www.facebook.com/TheGiftedonFOX
They are going live video chat on Facebook like last done in the Summer.

This would be 5:30 Eastern Time.

jmc247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:23 AM   #634
Delwin
Side-Kick

The show has rare gift: it has momentum and there are no fillers. Each episode means sth.

Delwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #635
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

More Cuckoos, more fun.

https://www.cbr.com/the-gifted-skyler-samuels-season-2/

Quote:
The Gifted: Skyler Samuels in Talks to Become Series Regular

It looks like Season 2 of Fox’s The Gifted could be getting even frostier with Skyler Samuels (Scream Queens), who plays the Stepford Cuckoos, in talks to become a series regular.

Introduced in episode eight of the debut season, Samuels’ Esme joined the Mutant Undergound and subsequently helped liberate her sisters, Phoebe and Sophie, as part of an attack on Sentinel Services. “Yeah, you’ll be seeing lots more of me and my sisters next season!” Samuels said in an interview with TVLine regarding her future on the show.

NotNickFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #636
Fincher
Too far gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Please, please, please.

Fincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #637
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
More Cuckoos, more fun.
It looks like Lorna and Esme are going to have fun in two days.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:23 AM   #638
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Watching the finale right now. So for a show written so poorly, with a weird incest vibe, no progress, shoddy characters, cliche after cliche, and just very thinly written. I feel like this pretty much sums up the show. And Amy Acker agrees.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:53 AM   #639
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Not happy that they made
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Polaris a killer.

Did they mean for
the downing of the plane
to substitute for her accidentally killing her parents as a 3 year old child? That's totally NOT the same thing.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:49 AM   #640
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Watching the finale right now. So for a show written so poorly, with a weird incest vibe, no progress, shoddy characters, cliche after cliche, and just very thinly written. I feel like this pretty much sums up the show. And Amy Acker agrees.
Look, if you are doing Fenris without the incest vibes, then you are doing it wrong.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #641
sleekstereo
Side-Kick

"We do find ourselves in a sort of odd position in being a show that was co-produced by two different companies that under this merger would now be the same company. So, that's good," Nix says. "The thing that would really change our lives and really change the show a lot would have been if Marvel wasn't involved, you know what I mean? The fact is Jeph Loeb is an executive producer on the show. We talk to Jeph Loeb all the time. He's weighing in. So under a merger, barring lots of executive changes or something, we're talking to the same set of people, only they have a slightly different role in the corporate structure. For us anyway, we're already pretty much doing things in a Marvel way."

The other half of the equation is how the merger could affect things on the screen. A merger with Marvel could change The Gifted's position in relation to other projects, particularly the movies. It could also affect what intellectual properties the show is able to play with.

"The other side of it would be the way that our show kind of echoes and reflects what the movies are doing," Nix explains. "It remains to be seen, in a universe where priorities around shared universes are different, how that relationship will evolve. So it could be, it's like a whole new set of people and it's like a whole new set of attitudes and it's a whole new way of doing things. And we look at how Agents of SHIELD does things. That's a different deal. So that's that company.

And then the other question would be, and these are questions that are just completely unresolved at this point is, what would this mean for our access to certain kinds of characters, or storylines, or that kind of thing?" Nix adds. "And that would just have a lot to do with what would the merged companies plans be for the movies and do they see our show as a potential support for that? That would be my vote, right? Or do they see our show as something that just really needs to stay out of their way? Or somewhere in between.

"Does that give me the opportunity to come in and say like, ‘Hey, let me set something up for your movie or let me echo your movie in some cool way.’ And if I could do that then that would be neat, because I'm generally just guided by, as a fan, what would I want to see? And what would I want? As a fan, I don't want my TV show to do the same thing that my movie is doing. But at the same time, I don't want my TV show to be just like, you know, completely unconnected or just totally the bastard stepchild of what my movies are doing either. So, I'm going to push for not bastard stepchild but also not trying to do the movies on television because I think both are bad ideas."

sleekstereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #642
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

I did not except that ending.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:54 PM   #643
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovica View Post
Not happy that they made
Polaris a killer.
Did they mean for the downing of the plane to substitute for her accidentally killing her parents as a 3 year old child? That's totally NOT the same thing.

You are talking about a character that has downed star ships with thousands of souls aboard in the comics or lets me say

Comic Lorna is not exactly heavily encumbered when it comes to using deadly force. People tend to overlook it because she is more seen as a protagonist and her father more often is seen as an antagonist, but the character will leave a great deal of bodies in her wake because her core thinking is pretty far into the ends justify the means category.

In no way is her being willing to use deadly force to save others out of character for comic book Lorna.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-16-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #644
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
You are talking about a character that has downed star ships with thousands of souls aboard in the comics or lets me say

Comic Lorna is not exactly heavily encumbered when it comes to using deadly force. People tend to overlook it because she is more seen as a protagonist and her father more often is seen as an antagonist, but the character will leave a great deal of bodies in her wake because her core thinking is pretty far into the ends justify the means category.

In no way is her being willing to use deadly force to save others out of character for comic book Lorna.

I may be forgetting some instances maybe, did she ever kill innocents or people who were not a clear and present threat? Cold blooded, outside of battle?
What about the pilot for instance?
I said killer because I would not yet call what she did outright terrorism, it was as you said more a mean to an end, not a programmatic tactit. Yet.

What I mean is that there is no turning back from this, no plausible redemption or mitigating factors, not without serious retconning.
She's a willing murderer of collaterals, even Logan would think thrice about it and then restrain himself.
That, I really don't like.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

Old 01-16-2018, 07:48 PM   #645
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
I may be forgetting some instances maybe, did she ever kill innocents or people who were not a clear and present threat? Cold blooded, outside of battle?
What about the pilot for instance?
I said killer because I would not yet call what she did outright terrorism, it was as you said more a mean to an end, not a programmatic tactit. Yet.

What I mean is that there is no turning back from this, no plausible redemption or mitigating factors, not without serious retconning.
She's a willing murderer of collaterals, even Logan would think thrice about it and then restrain himself.
That, I really don't like.
The US military has to make that choice every time we try to kill bad guy there are often good people caught in the middle with the enemy intentionally forcing us to make that choice and if we don't make it good people die anyway from their actions as would have happened here so its tough.

That also wasn't a civilian aircraft, it was a private Trask Industries jet. Is there a difference? Most on the plane never hurt a mutant yes, but their employer creates Sentinels, and enslaves and experiments on mutants.

As for it being too much Lorna in the comics at her most radical... well The Gifted Lorna even by the finale isn't as radical as comic Lorna was in the 2002-2005 era they are heavily taking from where to Lorna leveling of a whole human city would have been fine because they allowed their tax dollars to fund genocidal robots.

The era and story lines they are heavily taking from Esme gets Magneto (later retconned) addicted to kick and pushes him to kill thousands in NYC.

Lorna's view on events.

And, even that is not comic Lorna at her most extreme.

The thing about The Gifted Lorna is while she is in fact militantly pro-mutant she is a far ways away from comic Lorna at her most radical where all humans started becoming the enemy of mutants not just bad ones with unfortunate people caught in the middle.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:53 PM   #646
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I'm afraid I must agree as well. This showed sporadic glimmers of potential that it just hasn't fulfilled at all, imo. I may tune into the 1st couple eps of next season to see if there's improvement, but I'm VERY close to dropping it at this point.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #647
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
The US military has to make that choice every time we try to kill bad guy there are often good people caught in the middle with the enemy intentionally forcing us to make that choice and if we don't make it good people die anyway from their actions as would have happened here so its tough.

That also wasn't a civilian aircraft, it was a private Trask Industries jet. Is there a difference? Most on the plane never hurt a mutant yes, but their employer creates Sentinels, and enslaves and experiments on mutants.

As for it being too much Lorna in the comics at her most radical... well The Gifted Lorna even by the finale isn't as radical as comic Lorna was in the 2002-2005 era they are heavily taking from where to Lorna leveling of a whole human city would have been fine because they allowed their tax dollars to fund genocidal robots.

The era and story lines they are heavily taking from Esme gets Magneto (later retconned) addicted to kick and pushes him to kill thousands in NYC.

Lorna's view on events.

And, even that is not comic Lorna at her most extreme.

The thing about The Gifted Lorna is while she is in fact militantly pro-mutant she is a far ways away from comic Lorna at her most radical where all humans started becoming the enemy of mutants not just bad ones with unfortunate people caught in the middle.

I'd definitely not put it as binary as good guys and bad guys, the show itself preaches it is a limiting view.
Otherwise she would just be another shade of bad.

I prefer heroes trying to be white knights (), failings and shortcomings notwithstanding.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:15 PM   #648
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I'm afraid I must agree as well. This showed sporadic glimmers of potential that it just hasn't fulfilled at all, imo. I may tune into the 1st couple eps of next season to see if there's improvement, but I'm VERY close to dropping it at this point.
Thirded.
The set up in the first season has been limiting but nothing, except budget, has to limit them now, they can expand the world.

Superhero costumes would go a long way for me, even AoS style should be enough.
I'm easy to please really.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:18 PM   #649
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd definitely not put it as binary as good guys and bad guys, the show itself preaches it is a limiting view.
Otherwise she would just be another shade of bad.

I prefer heroes trying to be white knights (), failings and shortcomings notwithstanding.
The character is as the actress says not a hero.

Quote:
Is Polaris a revolutionary? Does she believe she can make a better world for the mutant race?

Emma Dumont: 100 percent. She's a lot like her father. She thinks she can and has to change the world

https://twitter.com/JustinCapone2/st...27014194745349
The character believes in trying to change the world's political structures so humans and mutants can live side by side without fear. That leads her to take actions that by most comic standards one would consider bad if not evil and its been that way since her inception in 1968.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:27 PM   #650
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
The character is as the actress says not a hero.

The character believes in trying to change the world's political structures so humans and mutants can live side by side without fear. That leads her to take actions that by most comic standards one would consider bad if not evil and its been that way since her inception in 1968.

The first word balloon of Magneto (I think) in the picture you posted is essentially my argument and my gripe.