The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie
10 18 18.18%
9 31 31.31%
8 37 37.37%
7 8 8.08%
6 1 1.01%
5 3 3.03%
4 0 0%
3 1 1.01%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #951
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?
 
guitarsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Allsafe
Posts: 12,330
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Yeah my feelings on the sequel are around the same as yours. Cassias shoukd have been the final battle for me though rather than RR's character who quite clearly didn't have a chance.

I do love the action in these movies, but for me nothing in the sequel topped the club scene in the first movie.
Man...RR was such a wasted character. She wasn't even as fun as Palicki in the first film. I kinda thought they were gonna do something cool in regards to RR character being deaf, like they were gonna get in some kind of combat situation where her not being able to hear would give her some kind of advantage, but no...we just got a standard villain that really got her ass kicked in no time flat.

__________________
"You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?"
guitarsingerguy is offline  
Old 09-16-2017, 08:46 AM   #952
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?
 
guitarsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Allsafe
Posts: 12,330
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I thought we could of got more of them as a couple and the reason she was so special to make John change his life.
Yeah, I don't think more flashbacks would have done anything but slow the movie down. I mean...he fell in love and that was enough to make him want a normal life. I'd actually say anyone that's ever actually been in genuine love can understand that. Personally, I'd give up anything for my fiancee, but I'm a sappy ass sucker.

__________________
"You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?"
guitarsingerguy is offline  
Old 09-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #953
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 35,165
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Honestly, I have zero interest in that, lol. The flashbacks were blasé enough in the first one to me. There was just nothing special about them at all that I could see. If I want a convincing love story or cancer drama, I won't be watching a movie where Keanu Reeves headshots a hundred people. In fact I probably won't be watching a Keanu movie at all, because THAT kind of acting really ain't his forté, imo. But I get it, we watch for different things.
Oh I am not wanting a full on drama, just bits and pieces here and there

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
Man...RR was such a wasted character. She wasn't even as fun as Palicki in the first film. I kinda thought they were gonna do something cool in regards to RR character being deaf, like they were gonna get in some kind of combat situation where her not being able to hear would give her some kind of advantage, but no...we just got a standard villain that really got her ass kicked in no time flat.
Yeah all that build up and she got her ass kicked pretty easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
Yeah, I don't think more flashbacks would have done anything but slow the movie down. I mean...he fell in love and that was enough to make him want a normal life. I'd actually say anyone that's ever actually been in genuine love can understand that. Personally, I'd give up anything for my fiancee, but I'm a sappy ass sucker.
I think a few more flashbacks wouldn't have gone amiss. The whole LF part could have made way for them.

__________________
2018 movie ratings out of 10:

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline  
Old 09-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #954
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly
 
Black Narcissus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Black Hogwarts
Posts: 25,323
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Honestly, I have zero interest in that, lol. The flashbacks were blasé enough in the first one to me. There was just nothing special about them at all that I could see. If I want a convincing love story or cancer drama, I won't be watching a movie where Keanu Reeves headshots a hundred people. In fact I probably won't be watching a Keanu movie at all, because THAT kind of acting really ain't his forté, imo. But I get it, we watch for different things.
This right here is why one day you will have the honor of being my ex wife. Some dudes on here seeking for some sort of emotional connection with a guy who shoots hundreds of bullets into foreheads/faces. lol

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
my momma said my daddy's name was black narcissus
Black Narcissus is offline  
Old 09-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #955
divan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 590
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

By "emotion" I didn't just think about the wife and dog. In the first film, the action works because John himself is full of vitrol and his enemies feel real. They're fighting this almost invincible force of nature and their fear (and respect) is palpablle. In part two, John basically has to fight hordes of videogame obstacles for something he doesn't even really care that much about and his enemies are so devoid of personality and charisma you can never even pretend to root for them.

divan is offline  
Old 09-16-2017, 04:52 PM   #956
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 35,165
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post
By "emotion" I didn't just think about the wife and dog. In the first film, the action works because John himself is full of vitrol and his enemies feel real. They're fighting this almost invincible force of nature and their fear (and respect) is palpablle. In part two, John basically has to fight hordes of videogame obstacles for something he doesn't even really care that much about and his enemies are so devoid of personality and charisma you can never even pretend to root for them.
100% spot on

__________________
2018 movie ratings out of 10:

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline  
Old 09-16-2017, 09:12 PM   #957
-JKR-
Side-Kick
 
-JKR-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,511
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post
By "emotion" I didn't just think about the wife and dog. In the first film, the action works because John himself is full of vitrol and his enemies feel real. They're fighting this almost invincible force of nature and their fear (and respect) is palpablle. In part two, John basically has to fight hordes of videogame obstacles for something he doesn't even really care that much about and his enemies are so devoid of personality and charisma you can never even pretend to root for them.
Yup.

The second one kinda fell a bit apart in the middle, where it became too much about the 'mythology' instead of John and the story itself, and picked up some steam again in the end. The first one was a very tight action-thriller, the sequel felt a bit like it went all over the place in the middle.

It's still a good movie which I enjoyed, but less than the original, which really gets me pumped everytime I watch it.

But man, it did set up great possibilities for the third one, which I hope will be tighter and slightly more focused in its story department.


Last edited by -JKR-; 09-16-2017 at 09:18 PM.
-JKR- is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 10:47 PM   #958
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,747
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post
By "emotion" I didn't just think about the wife and dog. In the first film, the action works because John himself is full of vitrol and his enemies feel real. They're fighting this almost invincible force of nature and their fear (and respect) is palpablle. In part two, John basically has to fight hordes of videogame obstacles for something he doesn't even really care that much about and his enemies are so devoid of personality and charisma you can never even pretend to root for them.
As much as I love Chapter 2 this is completely accurate. The first film had a lot more heart and felt more visceral. While Chapter 2, for my money's worth, was a great film and nice way to continue the story, I don't think it did all it could have.

Either way, I do hope that Chapter 3 fixes those issues because the premise going in is already fantastic. And I want to see how John comes out on top.

Also, I'm guessing that Common will be returning for Chapter 3?

Wildcard is offline  
Old 09-18-2017, 01:59 AM   #959
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?
 
guitarsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Allsafe
Posts: 12,330
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
100% spot on
That's why Cassian was such a breathe of fresh air when he showed up since he had some motivation beyond "I kill people."

__________________
"You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?"
guitarsingerguy is offline  
Old 09-18-2017, 02:03 AM   #960
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?
 
guitarsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Allsafe
Posts: 12,330
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JKR- View Post
Yup.

The second one kinda fell a bit apart in the middle, where it became too much about the 'mythology' instead of John and the story itself, and picked up some steam again in the end. The first one was a very tight action-thriller, the sequel felt a bit like it went all over the place in the middle.

It's still a good movie which I enjoyed, but less than the original, which really gets me pumped everytime I watch it.

But man, it did set up great possibilities for the third one, which I hope will be tighter and slightly more focused in its story department.
This is honestly why I'm hoping the TV show gets green lit and sees the light of day. From what I understand, it's purpose will be to delve into that mythology and assassin subculture. That way they can keep it from bogging down the actual movies.

__________________
"You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?"
guitarsingerguy is offline  
Old 09-18-2017, 07:28 AM   #961
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 35,165
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JKR- View Post
Yup.

The second one kinda fell a bit apart in the middle, where it became too much about the 'mythology' instead of John and the story itself, and picked up some steam again in the end. The first one was a very tight action-thriller, the sequel felt a bit like it went all over the place in the middle.

It's still a good movie which I enjoyed, but less than the original, which really gets me pumped everytime I watch it.

But man, it did set up great possibilities for the third one, which I hope will be tighter and slightly more focused in its story department.
I think the problem was in the first movie you wanted John to kill the villains because of what happened.

In the sequel he is just killing random assassin's that we don't know or care about, other than Cassian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
That's why Cassian was such a breathe of fresh air when he showed up since he had some motivation beyond "I kill people."
The problem was though I sympathised more with Cassian in the end as JW had done something terrible to him. I should have been supporting John all the way but wasn't. As above in the first movie you wanted him to kill the villains as they were so horrible.

__________________
2018 movie ratings out of 10:

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline  
Old 09-18-2017, 07:44 PM   #962
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,747
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
That's why Cassian was such a breathe of fresh air when he showed up since he had some motivation beyond "I kill people."
Indeed. I was so worried the character would end up being under-used but he was great and had a lot to work with.

Wildcard is offline  
Old 09-18-2017, 08:27 PM   #963
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 30,902
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

To the people wanting a more emotional connection to John Wick:




__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 04:21 AM   #964
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 46,513
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Keanu Reeves Christmas present



dark_b is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #965
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick
 
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,533
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Cool fact. The girl on the left plays the current pink power ranger on "Power Ranger's Ninja Steel"

Gold Samurai is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 07:37 PM   #966
StarLord
.
 
StarLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,708
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Filming should be relatively soon if Chapter 3 is out May 2019.

Casting announcements!

StarLord is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 02:20 PM   #967
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,747
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
Keanu Reeves Christmas present


Baller **** as usual.

Wildcard is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #968
Pennywise
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kingston,Ontario
Posts: 2,567
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
Filming should be relatively soon if Chapter 3 is out May 2019.

Casting announcements!
16 months left til Chapter 3 comes out!!!!

Also hoping Carrie Anne Moss or Hugo Weaving get a role in the film! Even seeing more Laurence Fishburne would be awesome!

Pennywise is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 06:18 PM   #969
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly
 
Black Narcissus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Black Hogwarts
Posts: 25,323
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
Cool fact. The girl on the left plays the current pink power ranger on "Power Ranger's Ninja Steel"
Her instagram is all kinds of hnnngh.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
my momma said my daddy's name was black narcissus
Black Narcissus is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #970
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick
 
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,533
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Narcissus View Post
Her instagram is all kinds of hnnngh.
Oh my god. She's 5'2 but she can snap a guy in half with her muscles,

Gold Samurai is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 11:53 AM   #971
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3,902
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
Cool fact. The girl on the left plays the current pink power ranger on "Power Ranger's Ninja Steel"
her face seems that she is way too mature for a kids show

KevTravels is offline  
Old 01-11-2018, 04:45 PM   #972
StarLord
.
 
StarLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,708
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

John Wick 3 - Working Title Is 'Alpha Cop'

StarLord is offline  
Old 01-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #973
StarLord
.
 
StarLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,708
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

STARZ Announce "The Continental" TV Series

Chad Stahelski will direct the first episode.

StarLord is offline  
Old 01-12-2018, 06:11 PM   #974
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 30,902
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Yassss. Ya know, between Outlander, American Gods (before that dissolves into garbage with the creative shake-ups), Ash vs. The Evil Dead, Counterpart and this, I'm really enjoying Starz's taste in projects these days. They're becoming the most "genre-y" of the premium cable outlets.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline  
Old 01-12-2018, 07:01 PM   #975
Pennywise
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kingston,Ontario
Posts: 2,567
Default Re: Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
STARZ Announce "The Continental" TV Series

Chad Stahelski will direct the first episode.
Awesome! Pretty excited for the series!!!

Pennywise is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.