The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 01-11-2018, 02:52 PM   #551
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

He made Manchester ****ing United into a, Get Wide and Cross, team.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #552
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Decent chippies, that's about it, but I'm not sure a Spanish person's need for chips and gravy compensates for a stay in the Premier League verses the sun of Spain.
Chips and gravy (or curry sauce) go a long way for sure, but yeah....

Old 01-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #553
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Chips and gravy (or curry sauce) go a long way for sure, but yeah....
Throw in a battered sausage and mushy peas and we have a deal.....

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #554
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Throw in a battered sausage and mushy peas and we have a deal.....
The above has sealed many a multi-million pound transfer deal in that neck of the woods!

Old 01-11-2018, 03:23 PM   #555
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
The above has sealed many a multi-million pound transfer deal in that neck of the woods!
Its what got Crouchy across the line I believe.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #556
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Its what got Crouchy across the line I believe.
I think that took a day old kebab and half eaten steak & kidney pie too.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:09 PM   #557
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Is it fair to say Harry Kane would be going to Real Madrid? I don't see him fitting in at Barca. He could essentially replace Benzema at RM right?

It's a shame we don't see more English players going abroad. The last I can think of was Joe Hart on loan at Torino, Ashley Cole at Roma, Joe Cole at Lille and that dude no one likes at Marseille...Joey Barton.

We should see more playing in Bundesliga or La Liga.
No it's not fair to say he's going madrid. Might be biassed ofcourse.

Fact is since prem teams are not giving much chance to youngsters and the fa made it that agents can't get a fee for transfers of u18's a lot of promising english youngsters are now moving abroad. Jadon sancho to dortmund for £8m the highest profile.

Also helps we have the best youngsters in the world at the moment.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:20 AM   #558
Iceman
Infinity War!

Looks like Arsenal might be ready to sell Sanchez and rumours of them looking at buying Malcom from Bordeaux.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:13 AM   #559
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Looks like Arsenal might be ready to sell Sanchez and rumours of them looking at buying Malcom from Bordeaux.
...and Walcott looks to be 80% out of the door as well. They are gonna have no team soon. Struggle to get top 4 now a mountain.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #560
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
...and Walcott looks to be 80% out of the door as well. They are gonna have no team soon. Struggle to get top 4 now a mountain.
They’ll have lost a big amount of money by not selling Sanchez and possibly Ozil too if he doesn’t sign a new contract. This might be enough to create a gap which makes top 4 seem even more difficult over the next few years. They are the ones who need to be improving their squad more than everyone else.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:36 AM   #561
Zantera
Side-Kick

Quote:
They’ll have lost a big amount of money by not selling Sanchez and possibly Ozil too if he doesn’t sign a new contract. This might be enough to create a gap which makes top 4 seem even more difficult over the next few years. They are the ones who need to be improving their squad more than everyone else.
This wont happen with Wenger though. It takes him 2 ½ months during the summer to sign 1, maybe 2 players. The idea that he will sign 2 players in January is far fetched

https://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/parisinthespringmusic
https://www.facebook.com/arcadiaforever/
Zantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:37 AM   #562
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
This wont happen with Wenger though. It takes him 2 ½ months during the summer to sign 1, maybe 2 players. The idea that he will sign 2 players in January is far fetched
Yeah, he can't do anything direct and straightforward without a huge song and dance (and ultimately failure).

Old 01-12-2018, 08:42 AM   #563
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, he can't do anything direct and straightforward without a huge song and dance (and ultimately failure).
Welll, he's french, after all.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:38 AM   #564
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

I think it would suit everyone to extend the summer window by a month - so the end of September & then get rid of the January one.
Would reduce panic buying & make better use of teams finances.

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition 2. Superman: The Movie 3. Man of Steel 4. Superman II 5. Superman Returns 6. Superman III 7. Justice league 8. Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
AverageMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #565
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
United & Spurs have also been connected with Malcom as well, whom I wasn't up on as I don't follow Ligue 1 particularly closely. From what I've read & seen of him he looks like a very versatile attacking player & a real live wire on the ball.

As for Sanchez, United have apparently entered the race to try & steal him from City's grasp. I might be alone in this, but I'm not sure I would want him to come to United. While there is no denying his ability & the fact he'd improve any of the other top 5 clubs in England, something doesn't rub me the right way with his attitude, although that is just an outside perception looking in. I can't quite put my finger on as to why, but he just strikes me as a Carlos Tevez 2.0.

B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #566
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

We need a winger. I won't be picky, but I definitely understand the concerns. Though comparing him to Tevez, at least the Tevez that played for us, doesn't feel like a bad thing to me. He worked his ass off for us.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #567
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Sanchez would improve our options dramatically. At the same time I'm worried about how it seems like we keep buying emergency bandaids for squad issues that have short lifespans.

Players like Zlatan, Mkhitaryan, and someone like Sanchez (if he comes) are very short term solutions and they're not looking like working out. Even if the fee for him is low the kind of wages Sanchez would be on would create an issue I don't think a 29 year old is worth.

DeadPresident is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #568
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Sanchez would improve our options dramatically. At the same time I'm worried about how it seems like we keep buying emergency bandaids for squad issues that have short lifespans.

Players like Zlatan, Mkhitaryan, and someone like Sanchez (if he comes) are very short term solutions and they're not looking like working out. Even if the fee for him is low the kind of wages Sanchez would be on would create an issue I don't think a 29 year old is worth.
Wages to me are linked to contribution per season and less linked with age than the transfer fee which takes future much more heavily into account. The Toon could for eg pay Ronaldo super-high wages to come in and give us a few crazy years, but with his age it wouldn't be worth shelling out a big transfer fee.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #569
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

According to BBC site, it says, Man City are unwilling to meet Arsenal's figure for Sanchez, sounds like the summer all over again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42668562

Old 01-12-2018, 06:46 PM   #570
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMan View Post
I think it would suit everyone to extend the summer window by a month - so the end of September & then get rid of the January one.
Would reduce panic buying & make better use of teams finances.
The january transfer window is important incase a club has massive injury problems and need replacements.
The summer transfer window has been shortened to before the start of the season now.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:15 PM   #571
Zantera
Side-Kick

I don't want Sanchez. There's no denying he has good qualities as a player but the fact that we're linked with him just kinda rubs me the wrong way. I feel pretty negative these days and I'm trying not to be, but it's like Mourinho and his pissy mood creates a black cloud over everything. Quality of our team aside I kinda miss that "club identity" feeling and getting Sanchez will only make that worse since we add another player who is strongly connected to a rival club rather than creating our own top-tier players. That's why Sanchez feels so much like a City signing because they get good players from rival clubs who will do good for them - but they will never become icons at City.

At this point I don't know who Mourinho could get that would make me genuinely excited though. Watching our games has turned into a dreadful experience and I feel like the problems are bigger than what one or two signings can fix.

https://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/parisinthespringmusic
https://www.facebook.com/arcadiaforever/
Zantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:07 AM   #572
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
We need a winger. I won't be picky, but I definitely understand the concerns. Though comparing him to Tevez, at least the Tevez that played for us, doesn't feel like a bad thing to me. He worked his ass off for us.
I don't say it as a knock on Sanchez's, or Tevez for that matter, on the pitch contributions as both are world class on their day. But from what I've seen of him at Arsenal, from the smurking/laughing on the bench after he'd been subbed off when his team is getting scalped by I believe Bayern & Liverpool if I recall correctly, to the way at least on the surface he appears to have split the dressing room with some teammates not celebrating with him after had scored recently. Then there's the actual way he seems to have strung Arsenal along all this time with some false hope that he'd sign a new contract.

Maybe I'm overreacting but he seems like a bit of an asswipe & more of a mercenary player.. or at least that's the way I feel he's been portrayed at times. Compared to Ozil who's in a similar situation contract wise who seems a lot more professional & still part of Arsenal's collective team or 'family'.. at least for the time being anyway.

B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:40 AM   #573
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Naby Keita. Cannot wait to see him in the middle of the park, wearing our shirt. Next couple of days could be interesting in that respect.

EDIT: German press must be getting ahead of themselves, as I've just seen that he's starting for Leipzig.

Last edited by Brian Braddock; 01-13-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Brian Braddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #574
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Coutinho had a long time left on his contract (5years i believe?) hazards runs out in 2 years. Coutinho is also 2 years younger. This may effect the price.
At the end of the day it depends how much madrid want him and how much chelsea are prepared to sell for.
Anyones guess really.
If Chelsea hold out for another year his price will drop signifigantly, but if Real want him now then I think Chelsea will demand the going rate, Real might be able to sweeten the pot with a player, depending on what Chelsea are after in the sumer and who their manager is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post

I think Mkhi was the ideal age at 27, he should have his prime in front of him, sadly he hasn't settled in the PL. Now I don't believe for a second Sanchez will end up at United, and in truth I don't fully think his best position suits what we need, but a player in their prime for the attack would be useful for a team relying on two inexperienced attackers to supply the bulk of our attacking threat outside the #9.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #575
Iceman
Infinity War!

Toon 1-1 at home to Swansea. Not a great result, especially with other teams winning down there.