The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #151
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I am specifically talking about men compared to women in the Weinstein situation. It is why I put it in bold.

I brought up Trump to show how the vast majority women would have theoretically saw this going in the past. We just saw it happen with Trump, who left unscathed because of the support he received. The Weinstein situation is literally the tipping point.

Which male stars, directors or mega producers have been thrown under the bus for being simply associated with Weinstein? Who has gotten in actual trouble for actual knowledge of them knowing? Affleck has his brother and his own admittance of actions. Still was out for the JL tour. Every time Damon opens his mouth, he makes himself look guilty of at the very least being clueless. What has happened to him? Robert Rodriguez and Brad Pitt admitted they knew. Nothing. What happened with QT, maybe Weinstein's biggest star, would admitted he knew without knowing? Bidding war for his new film.

The only person who has had to actual answer for working with Weinstein in Streep. Applauding for Polanski Streep.
I'm not talking about visible consequence so much as I'm talking about the court of social media opinion, which is a growing force these days. Nobody has faced repercussions simply for associating with Weinstein, but the many-headed entity that is the global public seems to call for action against men for associating with Weinstein while they haven't seemingly done that for Oprah, I find that bizarre.

I also don't exactly understand what metaphysical consequences people are hoping for. I'm a little disturbed (not saying you're doing this, just a tendency I see on social media) by this notion that if someone commits a crime they should be essentially exiled from society for life with no opportunity for rehabilitation or recovery. I don't really buy into retributive justice.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #152
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-masseuse.html

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Old 01-12-2018, 06:04 PM   #153
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Daily Mail is garbage.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:06 PM   #154
Sundancer
Cynicist

It's hardly the only place reporting it. James Franco just came under fire, too.

If Stan is guilty, then all hope for humanity is lost.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #155
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
It's hardly the only place reporting it. James Franco just came under fire, too.

Not saying he didn't do it, but I'll never take the word of the Daily Mail.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:20 PM   #156
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post

Old 01-12-2018, 07:06 PM   #157
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Reading between the lines is my thing. What I find interesting is guilt by association with Weinstein seems generally to pertain to the men he interacted with. Surely if the knowledge of his behavior was so widespread not even being all that way in Chicago would've prevented Oprah from at least having an inkling of knowledge about his conduct?

I just find it interesting that when others knew about his occasionally criminal behavior the collective outcry was "Why didn't they say something! Why didn't they do something! They're complicit!" as soon as they're even peripherally connected with Weinstein. Oprah comes along and has produced things alongside Weinstein and the reflex is…"She would've done something if she'd known…surely".

Seems to me like she's busy getting the Stan Lee/Dustin Hoffman/Bill Cosby/Meryl Streep treatment in so far as she's a generally liked person so people don't want to believe bad things about her. I mean Meryl Streep has applauded Polansky, a move I'm sure would've had/has had many other men drawn and quartered on social media. Meryl Streep got a wrap on the knuckles for that and it died down immediately. Obviously people would prefer to keep their idols on their pedestals.
Nah, strawman nonsense is your thing. Seen it too many times in the Racism thread. None of what you just typed applies to anything I've said in this thread.

"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
Old 01-13-2018, 12:24 AM   #158
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Stan Lee is 95 years old and has been in the public eye since the 60's. You'd think there would be a lot more accusations; going much farther back - that would be flooding the news cycle right now. You'd also think some outfit more reputable than Daily Mail would be breaking these stories of harassment.

Not saying for sure that he's innocent but... this doesn't really add up.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:36 AM   #159
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Read the rest of the post, and the other part I quoted. I specifically point out it goes to the affirmative consent. Which is continuous.

The bold part is... creepy.
You've never been woken up with a blow job? It's great.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:07 AM   #160
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Old men getting handsy with nurses is super common in nursing homes. He's likely going senile and losing sense of appropriate behaviors. I think it's a bit unfair to throw stones at a 95 year old man with no previous public harassment allegations over a very long career.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #161
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Old men getting handsy with nurses is super common in nursing homes. He's likely going senile and losing sense of appropriate behaviors.
I could actually see him chasing younger women and getting handsy . Some of the more lewd allegations though I'm just not convinced of .

Old 01-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #162
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Reese Witherspoon Opens Up About How Her Sexual Assault Impacted Her Life

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...cid=spartanntp

Old 01-13-2018, 11:30 AM   #163
James.B
In search of the absurd

Eliza Dushku talks about being molested during the filming of "True Lies," by stunt coordinator Joel Kramer.
https://m.facebook.com/OfficialEliza...69957739689557

Old 01-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #164
Drizzle
Senpai Goldblum

Holy ****, check out Joel Kramer's IMDB bio. I hope they don't take that down.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004273/

Old 01-13-2018, 02:58 PM   #165
Guts
Gul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Holy ****, check out Joel Kramer's IMDB bio. I hope they don't take that down.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004273/
The only thing his bio says is that he was born in Tuscon, Arizona and he worked on Furious 7, Heat, and Innerspace. What did it say before?

Old 01-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #166
James.B
In search of the absurd

Old 01-13-2018, 03:09 PM   #167
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Not saying he didn't do it, but I'll never take the word of the Daily Mail.
I get this. Totally. But then I was reminded the other day the Daily Mail broke the Wiener story. So, hard to dismiss them completely imo.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:13 PM   #168
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Old men getting handsy with nurses is super common in nursing homes. He's likely going senile and losing sense of appropriate behaviors. I think it's a bit unfair to throw stones at a 95 year old man with no previous public harassment allegations over a very long career.
What is "handsy" and how is it different then sexual harassment or assault?

Old 01-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #169
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Schlossser probably just meant that Stan didn't try to rape anyone, merely groped them. There are varying degrees of sexual assault and groping is one of the lower ones. The important point he made, though, is that Stan is really old and old people can engage in inappropriate behavior that their younger selves would not have.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
Old 01-13-2018, 03:27 PM   #170
kevork89
Side-Kick

Poor Eliza. That was absolutely disgusting.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #171
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
Schlossser probably just meant that Stan didn't try to rape anyone, merely groped them. There are varying degrees of sexual assault and groping is one of the lower ones. The important point he made, though, is that Stan is really old and old people can engage in inappropriate behavior that their younger selves would not have.
While that is true for some, have we any evidence that Stan Lee is senile or such? He seems rather coherent it in his cameos and rare appearances.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #172
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

He's 95. Most people don't completely have it together mentally at that age.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
Old 01-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #173
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
He's 95. Most people don't completely have it together mentally at that age.
So we just assume he isn't capable of keeping his pants on, not groping or doing other such harassment?

Old 01-13-2018, 03:59 PM   #174
Doug_Moore
Side-Kick

Quote:
But then I was reminded the other day the Daily Mail broke the Wiener story.
It was actually the New York Times after NBC refused to report it.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:06 PM   #175
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_Moore View Post
It was actually the New York Times after NBC refused to report it.
It was the Daily Mail that claimed he had done so with a 15 year old girl.