The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 07-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #101
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

Default Re: So let's talk about Mask of the Phantasm...

If MOTP was at some point turned into a live action movie scene for scene...I would not complain...hell it would be a challenge to expand the perfectly compact story to fill the runtime of a live action film...more action perhaps..

anyhow of the little details I love is how Sal is seen as a young man smoking then as an old man he needs use of his respirator to breathe. An anti-smoking comment that isnt heavy handed and actually fits organically into the story.

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #102
shauner111
Side-Kick

You know, once the reboot has about 3-4 films in the pocket. And the studio greenlights a Batman Beyond film (maybe)...I wouldn't mind a translation of Mask Of The Phantasm to the big screen. It seems like it could be a great thing to give the general public and a cool thing for the fans when we're all much older.

Enough time will have passed. Say close to 40 years from the moment MOTP was released.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #103
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Mask of the Phantasm for me is the best Batman film to have been released at the cinema. Not sure as far as Batman origins go that this one will be topped.