The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #176
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread is pooling its money to buy TNA

Just a tidbit for everyone. According to the guy that gave me the Sandow news, unifying the WWE title and WHC seems to be on the cards down the road.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #177
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Just a tidbit for everyone. According to the guy that gave me the Sandow news, unifying the WWE title and WHC seems to be on the cards down the road.
Thanks and will Daniel Bryan/CM Punk be back in the main event by then or does he know?

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 10-30-2013, 10:24 PM   #178
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Looks like Ryback is toast, he's had more singles opportunities than Reigns and Big E and is still less developed, WWE just don't need him, he's not over and a walking liability in the ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Booking Survivor Series

Big E. Langston, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, & The Usos vs. Kane, Randy Orton, & Shield

Big Show vs. Triple H (If Show wins, he gets his job back. If Triple H wins, the lawsuit is off.)

AJ Lee, Aksana, Alicia Fox, Summer Rae, & Tamina vs. Bellas, Eva, JoJo, & Natalya

Bray Wyatt, Curtis Axel, Eric Rowan, Luke Harper, & Ryback vs. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, & Miz

Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena (World Heavyweight Championship)

3MB & Real Americans vs. Great Khali, Los Matadores, R-Truth, & Santino Marella
No offense, I know you're just working off what Raw put on the table, but if that is the card there's no way I'd buy that PPV.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #179
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
Thanks and will Daniel Bryan/CM Punk be back in the main event by then or does he know?
No prob. Things always seem to be changing, you know how it goes with the territory, and even moreso now with Vince seemingly back in the swing and 'apparently' hitting the reset button this week. He did mention though that possible match-up's for the unificiation match that were thrown around were Orton-Cena, or Punk-Bryan. Imo, I think we'll be more likely to see something along the lines of a hybrid of these (i.e. possibly the triple threat idea that has been thrown around, a tournament a la Vengeance 2001, or a fatal 4 way).

They had intended to do this earlier apparently, but it's looking more and more likely that it will come to fruition around Mania time or just after.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #180
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
No prob. Things always seem to be changing, you know how it goes with the territory, and even moreso now with Vince seemingly back in the swing and 'apparently' hitting the reset button this week. He did mention though that possible match-up's for the unificiation match that were thrown around were Orton-Cena, or Punk-Bryan. Imo, I think we'll be more likely to see something along the lines of a hybrid of these (i.e. possibly the triple threat idea that has been thrown around, a tournament a la Vengeance 2001, or a fatal 4 way).

They had intended to do this earlier apparently, but it's looking more and more likely that it will come to fruition around Mania time or just after.
This is what I've feared since HIAC.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #181
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 10-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #182
sweetre15
Positive Page

Hey Hunter, thoughts on the News updates I've posted for TNA and WWE today.....hoping this jerking around of Bryan hasnt turned you off from any news?

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 10-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #183
Lobo
Snow Wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Oh you gotta avvy that for me bro!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #184
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is what I've feared since HIAC.
Yeah, they still seem to believe that Cena-Orton is the next great feud they can muster up and where they think the money is with (what they believe to be) 'their' two best Superstars over the past decade.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #185
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Quote:
Yeah, they still seem to believe that Cena-Orton is the next great feud they can muster up and where they think the money is with (what they believe to be) 'their' two best Superstars over the past decade.
They've really been pushing that as the next Austin/Rock and it's backfired on them.

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 10-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #186
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Have they ignored the fact that Punk and Bryan are not only more over than both of them but they are also top merch sellers for the company?

Old 10-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #187
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
They've really been pushing that as the next Austin/Rock and it's backfired on them.
Agreed.

Quote:
Have they ignored the fact that Punk and Bryan are not only more over than both of them but they are also top merch sellers for the company?
I think everyone knows the answer to that.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #188
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Hey Hunter, thoughts on the News updates I've posted for TNA and WWE today.....hoping this jerking around of Bryan hasnt turned you off from any news?
My enthusiasm is low right now, I think the TNA situation is heading for a disaster, Bischoff being cut loose is good news for them but I think too much damage has been done and it's a shame as while TNA had a lot of flaws it is good for the business to have at least one option for guys who can't make it in WWE but have the talent to be more than just indie guys.

As for the WWE reset news, I dunno, I don't have a good feeling about it, but it all depends on if the Wyatt stuff ties back into the main angle, that is the key to everything right now IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Oh you gotta avvy that for me bro!

Quote:
If they really do have that mindset the Zod help us all.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #189
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 10-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #190
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
My enthusiasm is low right now, I think the TNA situation is heading for a disaster, Bischoff being cut loose is good news for them but I think too much damage has been done and it's a shame as while TNA had a lot of flaws it is good for the business to have at least one option for guys who can't make it in WWE but have the talent to be more than just indie guys.

As for the WWE reset news, I dunno, I don't have a good feeling about it, but it all depends on if the Wyatt stuff ties back into the main angle, that is the key to everything right now IMO.
Yeah since allegedly Vince is supposed to be that "Devil" making Bray attach these Punk and Bryan so I wouldnt doubt that it keeps him in the angle but honestly those are going to be the main segments I watch while skipping HHH/Orton/Big Show's segments.

The Wyatt stuff has all the makings of being one of WWE's feud of the year candidates.

As for TNA, I really hope Jarrett, Lagana and Conway can turn things around quality wise.

Last edited by sweetre15; 10-30-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #191
Lobo
Snow Wifey

Steph should have done a bikini shoot with those puppies before she had little haitches.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #192
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

I remember the 2011 Royal Rumble (I think it was) when Cena and Orton did what was supposed to be a dramatic face off and the crowd was totally silent. They didn't care at all.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #193
Mrs. Sawyer
Banned User

I got wwe2k14. It's not bad.

And please vote for me in my death match in my sig guys!

Old 10-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #194
Lobo
Snow Wifey

For the Steph fans

Last edited by Lobo; 10-30-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #195
Mrs. Sawyer
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I got wwe2k14. It's not bad.

And please vote for me in my death match in my sig guys!
All I need is one more vote in the next 5 minutes!

Old 10-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #196
Lobo
Snow Wifey

Quote:
All I need is one more vote in the next 5 minutes!
done

Old 10-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #197
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
I remember the 2011 Royal Rumble (I think it was) when Cena and Orton did what was supposed to be a dramatic face off and the crowd was totally silent. They didn't care at all.
And 10 years earlier at the 2001 Royal Rumble(my favorite RR), there was a dramatic face off between Rock and Austin and the crowd was going ape-****.

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern

Last edited by TheNextNolan22; 10-30-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #198
Mrs. Sawyer
Banned User

I won! I you guys.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #199
venom892
Coming Home

Vince being the devil would be great. I 'd love for him to be revealed and then rant about what happened to his "WWE" that had top stars that looked like superheroes, superstars like Hogan and Warrior and now the top stars are "goats and fry cooks" That he'll do everything in his power to keep people like Ziggler, Punk and Bryan from being at the top and those spots belong to the ones that "look the part" like Cena and Orton. I think it would serve as a great way to connect the Wyatt and authority angles and would actually elevate all involved.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #200
Lobo
Snow Wifey

Quote:
I won! I you guys.
#Sawyerisanass