The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #126
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Default Re: Nightcrawler in the Apocalypse Movie

^ Ok, I'll meet you half way. How about he crosses himself and says something like "heaven help us" at some point, when he about to go up against some major threat.

So no focus on the whole tatoo thing, but you get a nod to his religion.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #127
Human Torch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Nightcrawler's red leotard and Dynasty-style shoulder pads might be a bit much, to be honest, lol...

And would he have all those skin markings? In X2, he said he had one for every sin, and he wouldn't have as many sins at a younger age.

He needs to be a bit more self-assured, mischievous and fun, more like an Errol Flynn swashbuckler. A bit lighter and less neurotic than he was in X2.
I think he was just making a joke.If he was serious,he'd be tattooing himself daily.(That's the nature of sin) But,I liked his personality in X-2.I don't want some big departure.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #128
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Being a younger nightcrawler I suppose it depends of they wanna give him some youthful progression

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)
Old 09-02-2014, 03:41 PM   #129
Majik1387
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
^ Ok, I'll meet you half way. How about he crosses himself and says something like "heaven help us" at some point, when he about to go up against some major threat.

So no focus on the whole tatoo thing, but you get a nod to his religion.
Giving him tattoos is not focusing on them.

Plenty of people today have crucifixes tattoos and angel wings etc. He just happens to have his tattoos; no explanation necessary.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #130
Super Jim
Side-Kick

If you're not going to explain them, then why have them?

Just to give a nod to X2? Why?

It might just be possible that this timeline's version just ain't to the level that he'd be tatooing himself for his sins...

Old 09-03-2014, 02:07 AM   #131
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Maybe because it was already explained in X2? People who remember that scene would not need to hear the explanation for the scars/tattoo again.

In my opinion, bring it back, because it looks better in live-action compare to a plain indigo paint.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #132
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

I want Alan Cumming back.

Last edited by Alison Blaire; 09-03-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:19 PM   #133
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Maybe because it was already explained in X2? People who remember that scene would not need to hear the explanation for the scars/tattoo again.

In my opinion, bring it back, because it looks better in live-action compare to a plain indigo paint.
But the tatoos only mattered when he was bare chested. Yes, he had some on his face, but they weren't a focus (I'll be honest, I barely noticed) until the scene where he had his shirt off.

I would expect a younger Nightcrawler, who either hasn't embraced his religion to the point where he would mark his body, or who just hasn't sinned as much as his 30 year future self will have, will be wearing a uniform for the greater majority of the time.

What he looks like in his costume will matter way more than whether or not he tatoos himself for his sins.

Sorry, it's just that someone who is marking his body for his sins is more of a brooding personality, and I want a young, fun, energentic, swashbuckling Nightcrawler, but maybe that's just me!

Also, Nightcrawler will be like 20 years old, so sorry, can't see Alan Cumming in this one!

Last edited by Super Jim; 10-17-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #134
Majik1387
Banned User

Quote:
If you're not going to explain them, then why have them?

Just to give a nod to X2? Why?

It might just be possible that this timeline's version just ain't to the level that he'd be tatooing himself for his sins...
Because they look cool. They just a cosmetic part of the character.
Did they ever explain Storm's haircuts/styles? Did they ever explain why Mystique always chooses a specific blonde look whenever she incognito as a human? Did they ever explain why Charles and Erik love playing chess so much? No. It's just a part of their characters that needs no explanations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

Exactly. It was a great design added in X2, and it should make its return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
I want Alan Cumming back.
If there's future scenes involved, I want him back too.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #135
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I expect nightcrawler will have a redesign of sorts, probably a small one though

Old 09-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #136
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
But the tatoos only mattered when he was bare chested. Yes, he had some on his face, but they weren't a focus (I'll be honest, I barely noticed) until the scene where he had his shirt off.
Huh those scars/tattoo are very noticeable especially with the close-up shots of his face.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #137
Super Jim
Side-Kick

To me, the facial tatoos are just not that noticeable.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #138
Majik1387
Banned User

Then it should make no difference to you if they're used.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #139
Human Torch
Banned User

I frankly didn't care for the tattoos,but it was an attempt to give his look a little "oomph",since I think in the comic,Kurt was sometimes described as "furry'.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #140
Legion
Side-Kick

I remember his fur being compared to velvet.

Also I don't recall him being so deeply religious. I remember him being a bit of a flirt and more on the mischievous side.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #141
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ There we go!

I want the flirty and mischievious Kurt. One that has fun and would maybe steal a kiss from an unsuspecting Ororo (if she's not too young to Kurt's 20 year old expectation).

I want the fun, loving, acrobatic, flirtatious, swaskbuckling Kurt; not some brooding, overly spiritual downer who would rather scar his body for his sins than try to steal a kiss!!!!!

Old 09-05-2014, 04:33 PM   #142
Majik1387
Banned User

I don't see how Kurt can't be flirty and mischievous and just happens to have religious-based tattoos.....

Old 09-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #143
x-er
Side-Kick

^Maybe he's still in the process of maturing. But there are many religious people who are quite lively at times, I think.

Also, were his tattoos made for his own sins or for the sins of mankind? I never understood that. I always felt Kurt was a bit of an abused and persecuted martyr in X2, so I figured it was mankind's sins rather than his own (he didn't come off like much of a sinner).

Old 09-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #144
CaptainWagner
Bob Newby: Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I frankly didn't care for the tattoos,but it was an attempt to give his look a little "oomph",since I think in the comic,Kurt was sometimes described as "furry'.
-I didn't really care for the tatoos either, I'd rather him not have them at this point in the timeline.

-As for personality, they can easily make Kurt both religious and mischevious/flirty. Those were always the two key parts of his character to me.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #145
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

He will likely be a late teen to early 20s nightcrawler. It really depends on how they do it and what they decide to put into consideration like the date of azazels death for example

But either way it needs to be remembered that he will be a more youthful nightcrawler in look and personality

Old 09-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #146
Human Torch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWagner View Post
-I didn't really care for the tatoos either, I'd rather him not have them at this point in the timeline.

-As for personality, they can easily make Kurt both religious and mischevious/flirty. Those were always the two key parts of his character to me.
I agree.It's not like the two concepts are mutually exclusive.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:53 AM   #147
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ I agree the two concepts are not exclusive, but the type of person who would mark his body for his personal sins (that's what I remember he stated) is more of a brooding personality than a fun, flirty one.

Simply they can make it that at this point in the timeline he hasn't developed into that brooding personality, so he hasn't started the whole tatoo-ing thing. And maybe he never will. Instead, give us the fun-loving, easy going, swash-buckling, flirtatious Kurt, who could still wear a cross and say his prayers at night.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #148
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

If they bring Nightcrawler back, I don't want him shoehorned. He has to have a definite reason to be back in the franchise.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #149
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

I think some tattoos would be good. I mean, he wouldn't have near the amount he had in X2 if this takes place some twenty years prior. But they're an interesting and fun addition to the character. I'm not sure an explanation is needed at all, though. I wouldn't mind a look back into his life in the circus, though. That's kind of a given, I guess.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #150
Human Torch
Banned User

Quote:
^ I agree the two concepts are not exclusive, but the type of person who would mark his body for his personal sins (that's what I remember he stated) is more of a brooding personality than a fun, flirty one.

Simply they can make it that at this point in the timeline he hasn't developed into that brooding personality, so he hasn't started the whole tatoo-ing thing. And maybe he never will. Instead, give us the fun-loving, easy going, swash-buckling, flirtatious Kurt, who could still wear a cross and say his prayers at night.
I don't think Kurt was quite as brooding as you say.It was just the circumstances of X2 being so serious.He had just been manipulated to attack the president and all out war on mutants were on the rise.They tried to give him a few moments of whimsy,but given the events it would've made him look foolish to be more humorous.

I'd like to see some of the guys having a BBQ/playing softball like they used to in their off hours in the comic.Then you'd get a chance to play with Kurt's humor/flirtatiousness without it feeling forced.

Closed Thread