The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 10-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #451
HIA
Banned User

Default Re: The Official JANUARY JONES/Emma Frost Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
I wonder how does Magneto could know about someone is dead or not, when he was in prison all this time.
Maybe Banshee escaped to Scotland, and Emma escaped to Canada (so we have her 2 daughters later: Kayla, Emma jr.).
great question. Who knows? maybe for Singer and Kinberg Erik is an actual God and has plenty more powers so he knows everything about all human and mutant beings, lol. With this team, u never know. Kitty now has a new power, so this wont surprise me lol

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #452
marvelrobbins
Banned User

They likely killed emma so they don't have to deal with the origins question
again.Now just accept emma frost was only In FC.

Some fans need to accept the filmmakkers never wanted to put emma like the comics with Cyclops and leader of X-Men with Cyclops.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:53 AM   #453
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
I wonder how does Magneto could know about someone is dead or not, when he was in prison all this time.
Maybe Banshee escaped to Scotland, and Emma escaped to Canada (so we have her 2 daughters later: Kayla, Emma jr.).
Who knows even before he was sent to prison, his fellow mutants were already captured or killed.

I think what happened in Cuba led to the government or organizations hunting down mutants.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #454
x-er
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIA View Post
great question. Who knows? maybe for Singer and Kinberg Erik is an actual God and has plenty more powers so he knows everything about all human and mutant beings, lol. With this team, u never know. Kitty now has a new power, so this wont surprise me lol
I don't remember him saying they were "dead".

Also, Kitty's secondary mutation might not develop in the new timeline. It was a bit of an odd power for her to have, unless you consider it a 4th dimensional form of phasing through.

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #455
HIA
Banned User

it was a lazy decision, since they didnt feel confident about introducing a different character to do that job.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #456
speno94
Side-Kick

Quote:
it was a lazy decision, since they didnt feel confident about introducing a different character to do that job.
Yes, Kitty having time travel powers is a BIG step up from just walking through walls, but there is SOME logic and explanation to it.

Like Simon Kinberg the writer said, if you accept it great, if you don't, that's fine as well. He said Kitty can walk through walls which is essentially phasing through space, so it would make sense that a 2nd mutation would be to phase through time.

Plus, I wouldn't say that they didn't feel confident introducing a different character to do that job because Simon Kinberg said in a podcast that Rachel Summers was in a very early draft of the script, but because there is already so much story and Storm would have adopted her and you would of had exposition about Jean and Scott having a baby which wasn't alluded too in the original trilogy, he took Rachel out of the script to not make it complicated.

Quote:
“Rachel was in the first draft of the script of this. In fact it was Rachel that sent Wolverine back in the first draft of my script,” says Kinberg. “And I had Storm having this kind of complicated relationship with her because she’s the orphan of Jean, who’s Storm’s friend, who’s dead, and Scott, who was Storm’s friend, who’s dead. And more than anything — and this is a movie I had to do this a lot on — I had to do a hypertext introduction to a character. Let me just give you the Wiki pages on who Scott is and who Jean is, and they’re not in this scene, but everybody’s going to have to talk about them. And then there’s going to be somebody who’s upset because her parents are gone…anyway, it just seemed more complicated than it was worth for a movie that already had a lot of drama and a lot of complication.”

He continues, “I don’t remember at what point in the process I switched it to Kitty but what I thought was, it’s a bit of a cheat because it’s not really her power, but the way I was explain it if I really was attacked is that there’s secondary powers that a lot of the mutants have in the X-Men universe — secondary powers that evolve and emerge later in life. So who’s to say that Kitty — who is capable of touching people and having them phase with her through space, why can’t it be that they also phase through time if she evolves her powers?”

Last edited by speno94; 10-13-2014 at 04:23 PM.
speno94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:53 AM   #457
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Kitty wouldn't have much role right if Rachel Summers was in the film right? And adding Rachel would have just led to more questions and we know that the future period is like only 1/4 of the film.

I think they made the right call by giving Kitty a 2nd mutation. Also, her role in this film is so much better than her role in X3.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:13 AM   #458
Havok83
Side-Kick

I didnt mind Kitty's new use of her powers but they probably could have at least explained it bc this happened to be one of the most criticism element about the film and its a big one considering it was the basis for the entire plot device which the story revolved around

Rachel wouldnt have worked if they were going with her as Jean and Scott's kid bc they had no children. I think to introduce her as such and then why there was no indication of her existence before would have overly complicated things and detracted from the films plot, which had nothing to do with Scott or Jean. If she were just some random mutant, she'd have had a better chance of working but then again there is history with Kitty, so I think they made the right choice

Last edited by Havok83; 10-23-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #459
HIA
Banned User

Kitty could have helped a lot on the actual fight. You know... with her power and touching the x-men, they could have run from the sentinels during a longer time.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:05 AM   #460
Shatterpoint
Side-Kick

I think i was one of the few peoplw who posted the autopsy photos on instagram & thought that was Emma. But im
Now im hopeful, thanks to the detailed autopsy pictures, that she's still alive & could return.
I also dont think a sentinel turning diamond is proof that emma's dead. Just think abt it, the sentinel that killed colossus at the beginninh of the movie turned to steel, but colossus isnt dead. I think that's why everyone thought at first that they're copying the powers of the mutants.

Shatterpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #461
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Kitty could have helped a lot on the actual fight. You know... with her power and touching the x-men, they could have run from the sentinels during a longer time.
Not really. She can only touch two people at a time. She'd be useless with someone without projectile powers like Warpath or Wolverine bc they need to move around to be effective. Lets say she was touching two characters to protect them, that still leaves everyone else vulnerable to die, which would have happened. That leaves her and the other two to fend for themselves. Who's to say the Sentinels wouldn't be able to adapt to her abilities? I think at this point, she'd only be delaying the inevitable. I think she was put to better use running away and finding time to forewarn their past selves of impending attacks

Old 10-26-2014, 02:26 AM   #462
psylockolussus
Fierce User

What if all of her peers could touch her.

Old 10-26-2014, 03:46 AM   #463
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
What if all of her peers could touch her.
how would that help? They cant be mobile, severely limiting their effectiveness. The sentinels were able to adapt and counteract their abilities so they wouldn't be able to take them down. I don't think becoming sitting ducks would have been a wise decision. They wouldn't all be able to stay touched to her. All it would take was a sentinel to blast the ground around them to dislodge the connection and then go in for the kill

Old 11-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #464
def28
Side-Kick

After seeing Gone Girl, Rosamund Pike definitely would have made a friggen brilliant Emma Frost. Wow.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:39 AM   #465
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
After seeing Gone Girl, Rosamund Pike definitely would have made a friggen brilliant Emma Frost. Wow.
You beat me to it, but hell yeah, I agree. Cold, calculating, and manipulative. Perfect.

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:51 AM   #466
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
They likely killed emma so they don't have to deal with the origins question
again.Now just accept emma frost was only In FC.

Some fans need to accept the filmmakkers never wanted to put emma like the comics with Cyclops and leader of X-Men with Cyclops.
In movies it will be CyclopsJean forever, not CyclopsEmma.

Quote:
Whats that believe in Kayla/Emma=daughters of Emma1962 ??? Producers never confirmed it

--> If Banshee Azazel Emma Frost are really dead before 1973, Siryn (cameo) from original timeline cant be Sean's daughter

CyclopsSummers is offline   Reply With Quote