Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: If Fox makes the film, I hope:
It is a great movie suited to these classic characters. 20 68.97%
I hope it is a bad movie and fails commercially. 9 31.03%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #126
Naji Assan
Banned User

Default Re: Assuming Fox Will be Making this Film, What Outcome do You Hope for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Franklin Richards would be good to tie the F4 and X-Men.
Exactly.

Naji Assan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #127
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: Assuming Fox Will be Making this Film, What Outcome do You Hope for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
Care to offer an intelligent reason for why they can't interact?
... dude you're trolling. We've given plenty. You're the one acting ridiculous. You're not asking for a "Intelligent reason they can't interact" you're really asking "try to give me a reason to change my mind as to why they can't interact" which.. is never going to happen because you frankly don't want it to.

The fact that the themes of each franchise contradict each other... the fact that the X-men have zero use of the Fantastic Four are both VERY intelligent facts. Forcing these two properties together is nothing but a cheap shot to make money, nothing more. When you're writing a film (something you obviously know very little about and ARE NOT INTELLIGENT UPON) you want to create similar/parallel themes, and bring about 2 larger than life groups in a way that flows, and that they actually compliment each other... not contradict the story.

this isn't like The Avengers.. where each hero is a separate entity.. with a common theme and thematic style that fits cohesive. This is a merging of 2 franchises that's entire stories and message they represent do not merge what so ever.. they contradict. It'd be a nightmare of a story to try to tell. The Fantastic Four would have to be greatly altered to fit in a X-men film world.

if you can't understand that concept... don't look at us and call it "unintelligent" look at yourself.

spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #128
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
You could say the same about every Marvel/Disney movie before Thor where there was zero alien life. The series evolved and so can the X films.

Speculation on rights issues is not a valid reason for why the FF can't team up with the X-Men.

And by that logic how would it not be downgraded by a world filled with giant green monsters, supersoldiers, Norse Gods/aliens, Extremis soldiers and all the other superhumans at Marvel/Disney?
But the X-men have no reason to fight ALIENS... they're mutants... who only dable in mutant affairs. That is how they are established. You have to greatly alter the film universe in order to do so

Old 11-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #129
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

X Men and Fantastic Four can interact, but it has to be natural, not forced.

And I don't think they will have Franklin Richards in this movie, not with the way they are casting this movie.

Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #130
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
It doesn't exist because it hasn't been adapted yet? Great argument, guy. Days of Future Past hadn't been adapted a year ago.
ummm the Phoenix saga has already been adapted... it's called XMEN The Last Stand... the phoenix is part of jeans mutant ability... it won't be adapted with this current franchise. It's over and done.

the only way to do the F4 and X-men in a shared universe is rebooting them both and making humans fear the F4 as well.

Quote:
Because "logic" is Marvel/Disney = good and Fox = Bad.

You got nothing going for you in the "logic" department, pal.

Troll Troll Troll.... keep it up, im sure you will last long on here.,

Quote:
The FF are Marvel superheroes created in the 60s by Stan Lee. The X-Men are Marvel superheroes created in the 60s by Stan Lee. The end (At least until you offer a valid reason for why they can't possibly work together in a film).
are you stoned? what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Old 11-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #131
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
X Men and Fantastic Four can interact, but it has to be natural, not forced.

And I don't think they will have Franklin Richards in this movie, not with the way they are casting this movie.
Franklin/Onslaught is truly the only real tie.. but that's a long ways a way.. and quite alot of explaining to do. The themes of the films though do not mesh, and the F4 would have to be drastically changed.

It's one of the biggest complaints of the Marvel Universe in that the public are a joke... they fear mutants, praise F4 and Avengers... that logic doesn't make any sense on film

Old 11-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #132
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Didn't X-Men and FF have a HUGE crossover story with Days of Future Present....

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #133
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
twasn't a good one

that being said though, again... you still have to establish the F4.. you can't just bring them in already existing and with baby franklin...

Days of Future Present probably wont be adapted on film anyway.. Onslaught would be far more likely if a cross-over were to happen. But again.. that'd be a long ways away and a lot of hoops to still go through to establish (and completely alter) the Fantastic Four in the X-men film universe.

It's not impossible. But The Fantastic Four would have to be even more altered than the X-men universe has on their own. And something tells me ... most of us don't want that.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #134
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Although I think the casting of Thing and the villains are the key to success, I also think that had James Cameron been able to get Avatar 2 done in time for a 2015 release, Fox would have let this movie sit on the back burner. The reason is simple: Avatar (despite IMO, a cheesy premise and a wooden performance from Sam Worthington) made a billion dollars for Fox.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #135
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

"I know, let's throw our beloved family of superpowered celebrity explorers into the same world that's spent the last 80 years hating and fearing the rest of it's superpowered population. Sure thematically it's like mixing oil and water but who cares? We'll have action and cool powerz! It'll be great!"

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #136
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep, but good luck selling it to Spidey and Whiskey who'll lose their jobs over at Disney/Marvel if they show the smallest sign of interest in an X-Men/FF crossover.
Disney isn't all bad. I'm optimistic that Disney/Star Wars will go back to the awesomeness of the 70's trilogy (I thought the prequels were okay).

Marvel Studios has some issues, but it's not all bad.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #137
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Which had less to do with the FF then just Franklin as an Adult...

So I wouldn't characterize it a a true crossover

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #138
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Disney isn't all bad. I'm optimistic that Disney/Star Wars will go back to the awesomeness of the 70's trilogy (I thought the prequels were okay).

Marvel Studios has some issues, but it's not all bad.
Both studios have ups and downs. I just don't get why people feel the need to root for one and hate the other. I love all the marvel characters and if they're placed in good movies I don't care who paid for them.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #139
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
"I know, let's throw our beloved family of superpowered celebrity explorers into the same world that's spent the last 80 years hating and fearing the rest of it's superpowered population. Sure thematically it's like mixing oil and water but who cares? We'll have action and cool powerz! It'll be great!"
Pretty much nailed it

Old 11-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #140
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
You could say the same about every Marvel/Disney movie before Thor where there was zero alien life. The series evolved and so can the X films.
Surely you can understand why it would be more difficult to evolve FOX's X-Men series after seven films than it was for the MCU to do the same after two.

Quote:
Speculation on rights issues is not a valid reason for why the FF can't team up with the X-Men.
If the Mouse decides it is worth fighting against, it certainly is.

Quote:
And by that logic how would it not be downgraded by a world filled with giant green monsters, supersoldiers, Norse Gods/aliens, Extremis soldiers and all the other superhumans at Marvel/Disney?
In the MCU there is one giant green monster (Blonsky is a different hue) one supersoldier (perhaps two or three if you include Red Skull and Bucky), one Norse God residing on earth and one Extremis soldier if Killian survived. Add Scorch, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch and you can still count them on two hands.

Compare that to the identifiable mutants:

Cyclops
Wolverine
Sabretooth
Storm
Professor X
Blinking Channel Changing Kid
Magneto
Jean Grey
Running on Water Kid
Rogue
Toad
Mystique
Lizard Tongue Kid
Nightcrawler
Iceman
Lady Deathstrike
Kitty Pride
Jubilee
Pyro
Siryn
Colossus
Beast
Juggernaut
Angel
Callisto
Multiple Man
Leach
Flea
Phat
Arklight
Kid Omega
Spike
Jumping Mutants (various)
Silverfox
Bolt
Gambit
Deadpool (kinda)
Blob
Wraith
Sebastian Shaw
Azazel
Angel Salvadore
Emma Frost
Riptide
Darwin
Banshee
Havok
Agent Zero
Quicksilver
Blink
Warpath
Sunspot
Bishop

I'm hoping you can see the difference, because I'm not sure how to make it any easier for you.

Last edited by Zarex; 11-19-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #141
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Both studios have ups and downs. I just don't get why people feel the need to root for one and hate the other. I love all the marvel characters and if they're placed in good movies I don't care who paid for them.
Fox doesn't need defending.. They need to make a profit. If thats how they want to attempt to do it by whatever changes they deem. They have their share holders to answer to when their greedy motives ask the question "We have Marvel Characters too. So why are we profiting as much from them like Disney"? (Check Profit margins from every MCU movie Pre and after the Avengers Budget vs WW BO #'s)

Most don't or haven't liked it

Were just trying to help..

Old 11-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #142
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

For Christ sake, no one (well, hardly anyone) is HATING on poor widdle Fox. Virtually everyone that partakes in these threads is totally cool with Fox running the X-universe, and even looking forward to stuff like X-Force.

What we don't want is Fox shoehorning the FF in where they don't fit, which Fox fans don't seem to understand (presumably because they're too busy getting enraged and calling everyone Disney fanboys to think it all the way through)

You want to talk about bias? Hoping Fox is able to churn out another wretched FF movie and jam it sideways into the X-verse *just because*, is the only bias I'm seeing. And it's piss poor world-building as well.

Good grief.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #143
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Yep, but good luck selling it to Spidey and Whiskey who'll lose their jobs over at Disney/Marvel if they show the smallest sign of interest in an X-Men/FF crossover.
When exactly did i praise Disney/marvel??? You're not helping yourself out of the troll box

Old 11-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #144
Lord
All Mighty

With the FF inhabiting X-Men's world it seems like they're basing the team more on Ultimate FF, and the best way to go with them is probably to just show them explorers, instead of celebrities.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #145
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
With the FF inhabiting X-Men's world it seems like they're basing the team more on Ultimate FF, and the best way to go with them is probably to just show them explorers, instead of celebrities.
They're celebrities because they're Heros too and not just explorers.. So take that away from them too in this X-Universe?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #146
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
For Christ sake, no one (well, hardly anyone) is HATING on poor widdle Fox. Virtually everyone that partakes in these threads is totally cool with Fox running the X-universe, and even looking forward to stuff like X-Force.

What we don't want is Fox shoehorning the FF in where they don't fit, which Fox fans don't seem to understand (presumably because they're too busy getting enraged and calling everyone Disney fanboys to think it all the way through)

You want to talk about bias? Hoping Fox is able to churn out another wretched FF movie and jam it sideways into the X-verse *just because*, is the only bias I'm seeing. And it's piss poor world-building as well.

Good grief.
yeah i love the x-franchise. Would i prefer a more comic accurate characterization/history of the team... Sure thing. But that's long gone and no longer worth complaining about. The films have been very enjoyable adaptations.

I think if fox did x-men 1 today it'd be alot different. Id just hate to see a altered F4 ala X-men universe while its still able to be prevented. In a time where we now can embrace the comic roots.

Can't put F4 in the Xuniverse without change. Change we should need

Old 11-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #147
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
They're celebrities because they're Heros too and not just explorers.. So take that away from them too in this X-Universe?
Im getting horrid "lost in space" movie flashbacks...

Old 11-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #148
Lord
All Mighty

I think that right now the X-Men franchise is resembling the comics more, it even seems like they're trying to make the look closer too. The characters still need more attentiong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Yep, that seems like the way they're going.

I don't really have a problem with it, Jack Kirby's run is the reason why the FF are among my favorite heroes, but i also enjoyed Ultimate FF and wouldn't mind seeing that version of the team come to life. If the film succeeds the FF will be able to integrate the X-Men universe as Fox wants so much, but if it fails Marvel gets it back and can do the adult version of the team, since going the Kirby route will help them diferentiate from Fox's films even more easily.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #149
starscream22
Banned User

Quote:
I don't follow why its okay for the FF to interact with the Avengers but not the X-Men. They're all superhero squads in the end that originated in the 60s under Lee and Kirby.
Then just refer back to Singer when he was speaking on the MCU and how he felt that his X-men were a more serious tone and basically wouldn't fit. So if that's the case why would F4 which is notoriously light hearted. Whereas the tone in his resent trailer of the X-men feels more like a drama.

starscream22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #150
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream22 View Post
Then just refer back to Singer when he was speaking on the MCU and how he felt that his X-men were a more serious tone and basically wouldn't fit. So if that's the case why would F4 which is notoriously light hearted. Whereas the tone in his resent trailer of the X-men feels more like a drama.
Kinberg's behind both Days of Future Past and FF. Pretty sure they'll have similar tones. And I'll take a serious tone over jokes every other minute (Iron Man 3, Thor The Dark World).