The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 10-07-2017, 07:18 PM   #51
Batmannerism
Super-unknown

Default Re: The Crow 20th anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
The soundtrack is great, but the score by Graeme Revell is just amazing.

I ****ing love this movie. I can honestly say it changed my life. I was obsessed with it for quite a few years and even ran my own Crow fan site back in the day, lol. Need to watch this again soon with my girl.

I can dig that. I loved that film - not quite to the extent you do, but I used to have a tradition of watching it every Halloween.

I remember the first time I heard the soundtrack - a buddy of mine brought it over when we were hanging out on a sunday night, I remember being mesmerized by it. Especially the first time I heard "Big Empty."

I don't think any film has managed to use music so effectively to set the mood ( GOTG does a good job, but the Crow is something else), IMO the greatest movie soundtrack of all time.

If this film never gets remade and all the sequels get forgotten I'm okay with that - I don't think that anything Hollywood can do (especially today) no matter what amazing CGI they've got, can recreate the haunted magic of this film. (didn't mind the TV series, I thought Marc Dacascos was pretty good as Draven, but not the same as Lee).

The action sequences were pretty spectacular too, the gunfight in the club more than any other.

The only writer, besides O'Barr himself, who I think could possibly do anything worthwhile with the character would be Neil Gaiman - but if that never happens, I'm okay with that too.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:40 AM   #52
hitmanyr2k
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
I can dig that. I loved that film - not quite to the extent you do, but I used to have a tradition of watching it every Halloween.

I remember the first time I heard the soundtrack - a buddy of mine brought it over when we were hanging out on a sunday night, I remember being mesmerized by it. Especially the first time I heard "Big Empty."

I don't think any film has managed to use music so effectively to set the mood ( GOTG does a good job, but the Crow is something else), IMO the greatest movie soundtrack of all time.

If this film never gets remade and all the sequels get forgotten I'm okay with that - I don't think that anything Hollywood can do (especially today) no matter what amazing CGI they've got, can recreate the haunted magic of this film. (didn't mind the TV series, I thought Marc Dacascos was pretty good as Draven, but not the same as Lee).

The action sequences were pretty spectacular too, the gunfight in the club more than any other.

The only writer, besides O'Barr himself, who I think could possibly do anything worthwhile with the character would be Neil Gaiman - but if that never happens, I'm okay with that too.
I was the same. The Crow soundtrack is what got me into rock music. Until that point I was almost always listening to hip hop. I started seeking out the works from the artists on the soundtrack (especially NIN) and progressed from there.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
hitmanyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #53
Mindreaper21
It's Harvest Time

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbZp_dWH...prideofgypsies

It's Official. Jason Momoa is The Crow!

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Mindreaper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:59 PM   #54
The Shape
In the shadows

Disappointing. Guess we'll see how it plays out.