The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: What Will Cyclops' Fate Be In X3?
Dies At Alkali Lake 280 49.73%
Never Faces A Life-Threatening Situation 14 2.49%
Supposedly Dies Early But Returns In The Final Battle 223 39.61%
Dies In The Final Battle 18 3.20%
Goes On Sabbatical (after Alkali Lake) 28 4.97%
Voters: 563. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2006, 10:11 PM   #26301
Mike059jig
DESTROY GOTHAM!!!
 
Mike059jig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 2,042
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a96xxg hey check Jimmy out ih this clip...It made me laugh..Clark is such a Geek

__________________
Xbox Live Gamertag: NevamindU
Mike059jig is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 10:17 PM   #26302
oneteen
James/Scott fan
 
oneteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 760
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

I hope that's not his only scenes. I'm looking foreward to this movie....for Jimmy.

oneteen is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 10:49 PM   #26303
Bishop2
Side-Kick
 
Bishop2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike059jig
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a96xxg hey check Jimmy out ih this clip...It made me laugh..Clark is such a Geek
Wow, that one scene has more dialogue from Jimmy than any of the X-Men movies.

But that was pretty funny, yeah. Heh.

And it's nice to see that Clark's innate stupidity is apparently genetic. Just look at that kid of his. Not genius material.

__________________
PROTIP: Sometimes people have opinions that are completely different from yours for entirely valid reasons.
Bishop2 is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 10:50 PM   #26304
MoviesKickAss
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 540
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread




MoviesKickAss is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 10:54 PM   #26305
Mike059jig
DESTROY GOTHAM!!!
 
Mike059jig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 2,042
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2
Wow, that one scene has more dialogue from Jimmy than any of the X-Men movies.

But that was pretty funny, yeah. Heh.

And it's nice to see that Clark's innate stupidity is apparently genetic. Just look at that kid of his. Not genius material.
Yeah their is a lot of scene with Jimmy in them about 5 or more..This shows me that Singer has alot of confidence in Marsden...its another scene where Jimmy Olsen get some fax from lois and hands to Richard(Jimmy's character),Clark notices it coordinates,James look over his shoulder and disregards him entirely....Jimmy gets draged in yet another love triangle with Lois lane, Supermans Beau, of all the women,

__________________
Xbox Live Gamertag: NevamindU

Last edited by Mike059jig; 06-14-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Mike059jig is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:10 PM   #26306
Bishop2
Side-Kick
 
Bishop2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike059jig
Yeah their is a lot of scene with Jimmy in them about 5 or more..This shows me that Singer has alot of confidence in Marsden...its another scene where Jimmy Olsen get some fax from lois and hands to Richard(Jimmy's character),Clark notices it coordinates,James look over his shoulder and disregards him entirely....Jimmy gets draged in yet another love triangle with Lois lane, Supermans Beau, of all the women,
Jimmy's always the b*tch corner of the love triangles.

__________________
PROTIP: Sometimes people have opinions that are completely different from yours for entirely valid reasons.
Bishop2 is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:11 PM   #26307
Kurosawa
Banned User
 
Kurosawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 22,300 miles above the Earth
Posts: 9,485
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2
True, although the cover of Astonishing #14 sure scared me when I first saw that image of Emma making out with Logan. I was like "OH BALLS, NOT AGAIN!" Thankfully, it was just a fake-out.

Of course, that issue also implied that Emma's attempts to give Scott control over his optic beams may have left him BRAIN-DEAD, so at least Jean never screwed up Scott's mind.
That didn't bother me much because Emma is a piece of crap anyway. One of the many things that always disgusted me about any attraction between Jean and Wolverine is not only did it make Scott look bad, it made Jean look like a whore.

Kurosawa is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:12 PM   #26308
Bishop2
Side-Kick
 
Bishop2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa
That didn't bother me much because Emma is a piece of crap anyway. One of the many things that always disgusted me about any attraction between Jean and Wolverine is not only did it make Scott look bad, it made Jean look like a whore.
Why does everyone hate Emma so much? I get the impression it's entirely because she's not Jean. She's funny, she's got a really deep and fascinating character, our boy Cyclops loves her... I don't get it.

Jean's character is basically limited to "I'm nice," except for when she's Phoenix. I still say they never did anything really great with her after they brought her back from the dead the FIRST time.

__________________
PROTIP: Sometimes people have opinions that are completely different from yours for entirely valid reasons.

Last edited by Bishop2; 06-14-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Bishop2 is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:16 PM   #26309
oneteen
James/Scott fan
 
oneteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 760
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike059jig
Yeah their is a lot of scene with Jimmy in them about 5 or more..This shows me that Singer has alot of confidence in Marsden...its another scene where Jimmy Olsen get some fax from lois and hands to Richard(Jimmy's character),Clark notices it coordinates,James look over his shoulder and disregards him entirely....Jimmy gets draged in yet another love triangle with Lois lane, Supermans Beau, of all the women,
Whoa...too many Jimmy and James in that...

oneteen is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:20 PM   #26310
JTStarkiller
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,838
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviesKickAss


That's awesome, yet incredibly sad at the same time.

JTStarkiller is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:23 PM   #26311
Mike059jig
DESTROY GOTHAM!!!
 
Mike059jig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 2,042
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Its gonna sell more that X3 DVD just watch...

__________________
Xbox Live Gamertag: NevamindU
Mike059jig is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:25 PM   #26312
celel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

i love cyclops in the comics and in the movie i hate he couldnt die in the last battle he had a sentence in a movie then dies they really didnt follow the plot and what up with the sentiel in the danger room but not in real life and spinofff what get out here

 
Old 06-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #26313
Kurosawa
Banned User
 
Kurosawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 22,300 miles above the Earth
Posts: 9,485
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2
Jimmy's always the b*tch corner of the love triangles.
He gets much more respect as Superman's rival then he gets with Wolverine being his rival. Unreal.

Kurosawa is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:39 PM   #26314
LEX
No justice; just us.
 
LEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 33,754
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2
Why does everyone hate Emma so much? I get the impression it's entirely because she's not Jean. She's funny, she's got a really deep and fascinating character, our boy Cyclops loves her... I don't get it.
I agree.

Obviously, I'm one of the few people who actually likes her. I love how she belittles everyone and is a ***** most of the time. Okay, Emma sleeps with Scott and comes off as a **** most of the time. So, what? I think her character is interesting and she's one of my favourite X-Men.

Jean's dead. It's time to move on. I'm liking her in Astonishing X-Men and New X-Men so far.

__________________
I USHERED SOULS INTO THE NEXT WORLD. I WAS THE GRAVE OF ALL HOPE. I WAS THE ULTIMATE REALITY. I WAS THE ASSASSIN AGAINST WHOM NO LOCK WOULD HOLD.
"Yes, point taken, but do you have any particular skills?"

- Mort
LEX is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:49 PM   #26315
Bishop2
Side-Kick
 
Bishop2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lex Luthor
I agree.

Obviously, I'm one of the few people who actually likes her. I love how she belittles everyone and is a ***** most of the time. Okay, Emma sleeps with Scott and comes off as a **** most of the time. So, what? I think her character is interesting and she's one of my favourite X-Men.

Jean's dead. It's time to move on. I'm liking her in Astonishing X-Men and New X-Men so far.
I actually don't think she comes off as a ***** OR a ****. Scott's the only guy she's ever been involved with in the last, oh, 20 years of freaking comics, and she's expressed a lot of guilt over how their relationship began. She even tried to apologize to Jean and be honest with her about how she screwed up when Jean first found out about it.

Jean's response? Mind-raping Emma, leaving her in the infirmary for weeks and leaving her emotionally and mentally screwed up for months after. Yes folks, Emma Frost gets the moral high ground.

Let's not forget that Emma was a hero who led Generation X for years long before she ever got involved with Cyclops. And even then, I loved her. She had snarky wit, but also cared DEEPLY about the kids under her care and racked herself with guilt whenever anything happened to them.

Emma only seems like a ***** towards Kitty, and that's because Kitty's a RELENTLESS ***** to her.

__________________
PROTIP: Sometimes people have opinions that are completely different from yours for entirely valid reasons.
Bishop2 is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:54 PM   #26316
LEX
No justice; just us.
 
LEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 33,754
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2
I actually don't think she comes off as a ***** OR a ****. Scott's the only guy she's ever been involved with in the last, oh, 20 years of freaking comics, and she's expressed a lot of guilt over how their relationship began. She even tried to apologize to Jean and be honest with her about how she screwed up when Jean first found out about it.

Jean's response? Mind-raping Emma, leaving her in the infirmary for weeks and leaving her emotionally and mentally screwed up for months after. Yes folks, Emma Frost gets the moral high ground.

Let's not forget that Emma was a hero who led Generation X for years long before she ever got involved with Cyclops. And even then, I loved her. She had snarky wit, but also cared DEEPLY about the kids under her care and racked herself with guilt whenever anything happened to them.

Emma only seems like a ***** towards Kitty, and that's because Kitty's a RELENTLESS ***** to her.
Ah, yeah, you're right. She's mostly nasty towards Kitty and I love it. I love how she's both bad and good. In New X-Men, Emma is grieving in her office over the deaths of her students who died in the Stryker bombing. I thought it was great how it was showed that she truly cared for them.

May I ask, what title and issue/s was that in? The one with Jean finding out about Emma and Scott and then mind-raping her? I'd like to check it out. Thanks.

__________________
I USHERED SOULS INTO THE NEXT WORLD. I WAS THE GRAVE OF ALL HOPE. I WAS THE ULTIMATE REALITY. I WAS THE ASSASSIN AGAINST WHOM NO LOCK WOULD HOLD.
"Yes, point taken, but do you have any particular skills?"

- Mort
LEX is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:57 PM   #26317
oneteen
James/Scott fan
 
oneteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 760
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Mind-rape? Is that what it's called now?

oneteen is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 12:02 AM   #26318
Bishop2
Side-Kick
 
Bishop2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneteen
Mind-rape? Is that what it's called now?
I used to be a Buffy fan. Sometimes it shows. So yeah, in my own personal vernacular, ****ing up someone's brain = mind-rape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lex Luthor
May I ask, what title and issue/s was that in? The one with Jean finding out about Emma and Scott and then mind-raping her? I'd like to check it out. Thanks.
New X-Men #139, apparently. I found this capture from it: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/emma38.jpg

I also found, on that site, that her recovery in the infirmary wasn't as long as I first thought... but she was emotionally and mentally shattered for quite a while.

I also think it's kinda funny that Emma met up with Firestar just to apologize for everything she did to Angelica when she was the "White Queen" and try to make amends, but when Emma runs into Kitty after all these years, she's basically a ***** about it. Of course, the difference is that now she's been roped into working with Hellfire again, so she'd have a harder time putting that behind her... and Joss seems to be trying to make her more sinister once again... but I pretty much just blame Joss for that.

__________________
PROTIP: Sometimes people have opinions that are completely different from yours for entirely valid reasons.
Bishop2 is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 12:04 AM   #26319
LEX
No justice; just us.
 
LEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 33,754
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2
New X-Men #139, apparently. I found this capture from it: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/emma38.jpg
Mucha gracias. I'll check it out, thanks.

__________________
I USHERED SOULS INTO THE NEXT WORLD. I WAS THE GRAVE OF ALL HOPE. I WAS THE ULTIMATE REALITY. I WAS THE ASSASSIN AGAINST WHOM NO LOCK WOULD HOLD.
"Yes, point taken, but do you have any particular skills?"

- Mort
LEX is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 12:53 AM   #26320
fallenAngel
Side-Kick
 
fallenAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Flying the friendly skies
Posts: 1,809
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexta89
Nice pic. Was at my newsagents yesterday, just browsing, and found an X-Men The Last Stand movie magazine. Of course I bought it. Its got bios of the X-Men, and some of the brotherhood, puzzles, and other stuff. Iwas reading Cyclops' bio and I almost screamed. Then I read Wolverine's bio and threw the magazine across the room. Here's what it said:

CYCLOPS -
Real name: Scott Summers.
Mutant power: Optic eye blasts.
Special abilities: Skilled hand-to-hand fighter.
Key attack: Force beam barrage.
Weakness: Removal of his visor can be devastating.
Psych profile: The X-Men's second in command, Cyclops is courageous and steadfastly loyal, and he leads the other mutants by example. in contrast with the more relaxed Wolverine, Cyclops can seem rigid and introverted. The two mutants do not always see eye-to-eye.

WOLVERINE -
Real name: Logan.
Mutant powers: Enhanced sense; healing factor.
Special abilities: Retractable claws; reinforced metal skeleton.
Key attack: Claw slash.
Weakness: Prone to uncontrollable rage.
Psych profile: Logan is one of the most ferocious warriors in the world. At times he can be distant and isolated, but he is honorable and loyal, and shows ever-increasing leadership qualities. Mysteriously, Adamantium, the strongest metal known to man has been surgically grafted to his skeleton. Mutant experiments like this are a sad fact of society. He was only able to survive the process due to his enhanced healing factor. Logan has no memories the predate this event, but he is constantly searching for clues to piece together his past. His healing factor also means that it is impossible to determine his age.

Feel free to voice your opinions people!
What's really sad is that Scott's profile is more about how he is different than Wolverine than anything else.

It is so incredibly ridiculous how much Wolverine is hogging the spot light in the movies.

I bet under Magneto it says, "able to control metal, which is what Wolverines bones are laced with."

__________________
"Yeah Clarissa, Explain it all."
fallenAngel is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 01:46 AM   #26321
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,230
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2
Why does everyone hate Emma so much? I get the impression it's entirely because she's not Jean. She's funny, she's got a really deep and fascinating character, our boy Cyclops loves her... I don't get it.

Jean's character is basically limited to "I'm nice," except for when she's Phoenix. I still say they never did anything really great with her after they brought her back from the dead the FIRST time.
I hate Emma, but in the sense that I love to hate her. She's an interesting character, but I don't want her to last with Cyke - for me, it isn't because she's not Jean (although I can see that being the case for others), but because I think she's a sleazy manipulative bi#%h and I just don't buy her and Scott. I'd even appreciate their 'thing' more if I knew for sure it would end in some sort of bitter betrayal and even a nice brawl.

Scott and Jean is always gonna be a rocky issue of when to move on I admit: she dies...then comes back...then dies....should Scott move on, or wait for her to turn up again? And if he does move on and she returns, then what?

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
Farren is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 01:54 AM   #26322
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,230
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Haha, I just watched the supes clip.

And Bishop's comment has me in a giggle fit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2
And it's nice to see that Clark's innate stupidity is apparently genetic. Just look at that kid of his. Not genius material.
I'll seriously be the only person in the theater getting my laughs in that scene at the expense of a the poor stupidity of the kid. I'm a bad person.

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
Farren is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 03:33 AM   #26323
bexta89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 227
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenAngel
What's really sad is that Scott's profile is more about how he is different than Wolverine than anything else.

It is so incredibly ridiculous how much Wolverine is hogging the spot light in the movies.

I bet under Magneto it says, "able to control metal, which is what Wolverines bones are laced with."
Lol, be incredibly annoying if everyones bio had said something about Wolverine. I like Hugh Jackman, but Wolverine annoys the **** out of me! And he's the hero? He's probably the only one of the X-Men that kills people and doesn't care.

bexta89 is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 03:34 AM   #26324
bexta89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 227
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren
Haha, I just watched the supes clip.
I'll seriously be the only person in the theater getting my laughs in that scene at the expense of a the poor stupidity of the kid. I'm a bad person.
I can't get the clip to work on my computer. Can anyone put it on youtube?

bexta89 is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 06:03 AM   #26325
Verlin
will work for plot!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rostock, Germany
Posts: 201
Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexta89
I can't get the clip to work on my computer. Can anyone put it on youtube?
There you go, pal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4zSonFnJro

__________________
"The candyman makes hashbrownies and then you get high coz' you smoke them and they taste real gooood!"
C2:
Cyclops Fans - United (2007)
Verlin is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.