The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 06-06-2017, 08:19 PM   #601
TX85
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

That's great but where are misson/story dlc?

TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:45 PM   #602
Elayis

http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-m...ive-1795886428

New article detailing what went on behind the scenes during development. Work on the final version of the game didn't begin until 18 months before release.

Quote:
The development of Andromeda was turbulent and troubled, marred by a director change, multiple major re-scopes, an understaffed animation team, technological challenges, communication issues, office politics, a compressed timeline, and brutal crunch.

1 The Dark Knight 2 Batman Begins 3 X-Men 4 Iron Man 5 Dark Knight Rises 6 X2 7 Kick-Ass 8 Hulk 9 Spider-Man 10 X-Men: First Class 11 Constantine 2005 12 Wonder Woman 13 Spider-Man 2 14 Watchmen 15 Incredible Hulk 16 Captain America: Winter Soldier
Elayis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:48 PM   #603
TX85
Banned User

Damn, must have sucked going into work most days

TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:12 AM   #604
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

So, I finally returned to this game after downloading the 1.08 patch.

I wanted to see the changes to the CC, and yes, it is a definite improvement.

It's still not perfect, but it's certainly a hell of a lot better than it was at launch.

The new head preset 10, and the lighter skin tone options and the new complexion slider make a big difference.

I took my "Lara Croft" preset 5 face I used earlier, imported that into the CC, and played around with the skin tone and complexion slider, and lo and behold, she now looks more like how I wanted. And I compared the new version to the old one in the Archives, and you can definitely tell a difference.

It just makes you wonder why it took 3 months for this. All of this should have been there at launch. no excuses.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #605
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWS
[Rumor] Mass Effect Andromeda Story DLC May Be Canceled Today at 10:38 am

Mass Effect Andromeda has had some... satisfaction issues in the past. Namely, their animation came out to be...Read more

Quote:
Did Andromeda flop bad enough to cancel future work?

Mass Effect Andromeda has had some... satisfaction issues in the past. Namely, their animation came out to be almost completely outsourced while they worked on their new title Anthem. It was said that the Mass Effect franchise as a whole may have been put on hiatus and this latest rumor furthers this assumption. The upcoming Mass Effect Andromeda story DLC might have been canceled according to Sinclair Networks.
Austrian software company Sinclair Networks is a fairly prominent company that provides game developers with support, "Developing servers and networks as well as bug fixes and patches from some of the world’s leading game developers.”
Apparently, this company was responsible for polishing up Andromeda while also releasing post-launch content. But after negative backlash from fans, the Mass Effect DLC has allegedly been canceled to further focus on Anthem. A since-deleted post on Facebook leads us to believe this rumor may have some merit.
“This news saddens us to say, but it was made official after a meeting this week that there will be no story DLC for Mass Effect Andromeda. Due to issues in initial production, heavy critique, significant delays in other projects it was decided to shelve the franchise for the time being and all resources and outsourcing are being focused to the 2018 release of Anthem.
For the moment the Mass Effect series will be on ice until BioWare can decide which direction the franchise will go.
The only content that will be produced will be the recurring APEX missions as well as patches as and when needed”
This seems to imply that Sinclair Networks is no longer working on this DLC, but considering it was swiftly deleted, it may not be a final decision yet. There could also be missing information or misinterpretations between Bioware and Sinclair. Does this mean no DLC period, or could it simply mean the DLC won't be supported by Sinclair?
Further information is clearly needed and will be confirmed as more develops. Keep it tuned to GameZone as we learn more.

IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
BIOWAREEA

source: http://www.gamezone.com/

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #606
Marvolo
Side-Kick

What a damn mess.

Last edited by Marvolo; 06-29-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:21 PM   #607
BrollySupersj
just saiyan

Well given the reception the game received, makes sense. Guess it's all over.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:55 PM   #608
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Should I ever buy this game? Doesn't seem worth it.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:04 AM   #609
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

The cancellation was apparently a hoax.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:08 AM   #610
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

I wouldn't be surprised if story DLC does end up being cancelled.

were there any plans for story DLC anyways?

Old 06-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #611
Elayis

It was hinted that it'd focus on finding the lost quarian ark.

1 The Dark Knight 2 Batman Begins 3 X-Men 4 Iron Man 5 Dark Knight Rises 6 X2 7 Kick-Ass 8 Hulk 9 Spider-Man 10 X-Men: First Class 11 Constantine 2005 12 Wonder Woman 13 Spider-Man 2 14 Watchmen 15 Incredible Hulk 16 Captain America: Winter Soldier
Old 06-30-2017, 10:35 AM   #612
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

^ ah, thanks.

well, hopefully it does get a release. but if it doesn't, then that would be a serious blow to the game. it would show they really did abandon it basically.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:08 PM   #613
zenith16
Side-Kick

More on this and why it listed as rumor above.

BioWare puts a stop to Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC cancellation rumors | June 30, 2017

Bioware has stated that the rumors circulating of masseffect andromeda DLC...
Read more

Quote:
BioWare has stated that the rumors circulating of Mass Effect: Andromeda's DLC being canceled are false.

| 06/30/2017 08:30 AM PT

Recently, rumors have started circulating claiming that planned story DLC for Mass Effect: Andromeda has been cancelled, following the decision to put the series on hiatus. However, BioWare and EA have now come out to put a stop to the reports.

The rumors stem from a post on the Facebook page of an Austrian company called Sinclair Networks, which was picked up by CriticalHit. The post claimed that “it was made official after a meeting this week that there will be no story DLC for Mass Effect: Andromeda.” Apparently this was due to “issues in initial production, heavy critique, significant delays in other projects, staff allocation and reductions in Montreal.”

Mass Effect producer Michael Gamble commented on the rumors, stating that he’d “never heard of Sinclair Networks. Ever.” This was followed up by another tweet from producer Fernando Melo who said: “While we can’t talk about future yet, I can def say we build our own DLC/patches for our games and don’t hire fake companies to do so.”
While we can’t talk about future yet, I can def say we build our own dlc/patches for our games and don’t hire fake companies to do so.
— Fernando Melo (@DiscoBabaloo) June 29, 2017
Finally, EA sent over a statement to PC Gamer that reads:
“We’ve never worked with Sinclair Networks and they had nothing to do with the development of Mass Effect: Andromeda. Beyond that we don’t have any news to share at this time regarding DLC.”

Sadly, both BioWare and EA stopped short of actually confirming that DLC is in the works for Andromeda.
Earlier this year, rumors claimed that the Mass Effect series has been put on hiatus following the launch of Andromeda and its developer BioWare Montreal has been downsized and turned into a support studio.

Mass Effect: Andromeda is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

source: http://www.egmnow.com/

Old 06-30-2017, 05:11 PM   #614
Nathan

Looks like Andromeda won't get any Single Player DLC.

Sources: Mass Effect: Andromeda Will Not Get Single-Player DLC

Old 06-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #615
zenith16
Side-Kick

I was just about to put that up. yup it's true they just told kotaku that. and it's making it way to other gamer news outlets too. so this article below confirm's Nathan's article

Mass Effect: Andromeda may not have any single-player DLC after all
June 30, 2017
The recent Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC hoax may have unintentionally revealed the truth.
Read more

Quote:
The recent Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC hoax may have unintentionally revealed the truth.

| 06/30/2017 01:00 PM PT

It’s a roller coaster of good news and bad news for fans of Mass Effect: Andromeda today.

The good: rumors of BioWare cancelling Andromeda DLC have proved to be false.
The bad: that’s because the Andromeda DLC never existed in the first place.
An Austrian company called Sinclair Networks stared the rumors, claiming that BioWare had cancelled the DLC due to “issues in initial production.” BioWare was quick to hit back, with producer Michael Gamble commenting that he’d “never heard” of Sinclair Networks and producer Fernando Melo outright calling the company “fake.”
While we can’t talk about future yet, I can def say we build our own dlc/patches for our games and don’t hire fake companies to do so.
— Fernando Melo (@DiscoBabaloo) June 29, 2017
In the resulting fallout of the rumors, though, BioWare dropped the depressing news, with inside sources confirming to Kotaku that there is no planned single-player DLC at all for Mass Effect: Andromeda.
This hits hard for fans who expected Andromeda to follow the pattern of all three past Mass Effect games, all of which received extensive single-player content after the game had launch. For those following BioWare itself, though, the news may not come as that much of a surprise. The wonky animations in Andromeda at launch made the game a laughingstock, BioWare transferred many of its Montreal employees onto other projects, and the series as a whole was placed on hiatus. This meant that plans for a sequel were put on hold, and now it seems that any single-player DLC was also shelved in the process.
All in all, things are looking pretty bleak for Mass Effect: Andromeda. The game is out now for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Source: Kotaku

source:http://www.egmnow.com/

Last edited by zenith16; 06-30-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #616
zenith16
Side-Kick

Mass Effect: Andromeda is still fixing facial animations

7 hours ago

Update July 7, 2017: the notes for Andromeda's latest patch have been published.
Mass Effect: Andromeda’s latest patch adds a platinum...Read more

source: PCGN

Old 07-08-2017, 01:36 AM   #617
Fading
>:(

I went ahead, and pulled the trigger on this at $30. I'm not going to say anything you guys don't already know as most of you have probably already beat it. I guess its just to get my thoughts out, or for those still on the fence.

Maybe its because I want more Mass Effect, but I'm enjoying it. I don't think its a train wreck, but it definitely is flawed. I think the idea, and concept are great. Andromeda really had potential, but it just wasn't executed correctly. That isn't stopping me from enjoying it, but it is frustrating to think what it could have been in the hands of their "A" team. The combat is good, the story OK, and the companions decent. Its just that it all could have been better.

As for my main complaints. First would be the missions. They're enjoyable, but samey. By that I mean in prior installments you occassionally stumbled across derilict ships, or other changes in scenery that add to the variety. Most of Andromeda so far has been, land on planet, solve a few quick missions, scan stuff, solve 3 remnant glyph puzzles, activate vault. I'd have liked it if things varied more. I also wish planet scanning was better. Its mostly too straight forward, but even moving planet to planet takes forever.

As for the bugs, I can deal with the facial animations, and lack of overall visual polish. However this game is buggy. It ranges from Ryder's head twisting around every time I talk to SAM, to dropping through the floor. Kadara was just bad. Doors opened slow, sometimes floors were missing. The vault on Kadara suddenly gave me major frame rate drop, and I couldn't save. So I had to finish the mission in slow mode. PS4 wasn't messing up either, as I saved after finishing the vault, exited to main menu, reloaded and it was perfectly fine. Sometimes the game randomly crashes, first time I've had that happen on PS4. Also enemies aren't always holding guns when they shootven in cutscenes they pose like they're holding a gun, but don't have one.

Other bugs can be funny. One conversation had Jaal multiplying. Every time he turned around a new Jaal appeared (during the Liam, and Jaal nude argument scene nonetheless). By the end 6 naked Jaal's were standing around, and Ryder looked confused. Other conversation bugs like NPC's walking away mid conversation are annoying as they get out of earshot. The worst was a mission where Kett only appeared in a room after I entered it. Also only appearing as I started a conversation rather than letting me clear them prior to starting it. By the time I skipped through the dialogue (I had to skip it sadly, to survive) my team was dead, and I was almost dead.

Overall, I'd say its worth it if you want more Mass Effect, and you find it for less than full price. Its flawed, but is still enjoyable. Its just frustrating as I can almost envision what it could have been, and feel frustrated that its so flawed.

Last edited by Fading; 07-08-2017 at 01:49 AM.
Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:56 PM   #618
zenith16
Side-Kick

BioWare general manager, Anthem director Aaryn Flynn steps down

July 18 17 comments

BioWare general manager Aaryn Flynn is out, director of the Mass Effect trilogy will replace him.Casey Hudson, director of the Mass Effect trilogy, takes his placeRead more

source: https://www.polygon.com/

Old 07-19-2017, 01:58 AM   #619
Elayis

Good, I've had a bad feeling about him for awhile. Nice to see Casey Hudson back at Bioware, too.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:00 AM   #620
Iceman
Infinity War!

How careless can a company be to let one of the biggest gaming IPs fall by the wayside. They've saved some money during the making of this game but have thrown out the cash cow.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:23 AM   #621
Elayis

The thing I can't understand is why Bioware gave one of their flagship titles to an untested studio that had never worked on a complete game before. Seems like they got overconfident on the difficulty in making a Mass Effect game and started to believe their own bs. "Well, Inquisition was Game of the Year..."

Old 07-29-2017, 12:25 AM   #622
zenith16
Side-Kick

EA Says 'Year-on Year Growth was Driven by MEA'

Posted Jul 27, 2017

Mass Effect: Andromeda | News | 33 Comments

In today's EA investor's call, CFO Blake Jorgensen mentioned Mass Effect: Andromeda as a driving force in the company's year-on-year growth. EA generated $113M moreRead more

source: MMORPG.com

Old 07-31-2017, 06:53 PM   #623
zenith16
Side-Kick

As long as guys in managent of andromeda aren't making any chose's I'm good. they short changed their own dev team and out sourced . We'll see what happens I guess.

Mass Effect: Andromeda devs BioWare Montreal have been merged with EA Motive

1 hour ago

Back in May, rumours were flying around that BioWare Montreal, upon completing development on Mass Effect: Andromeda, had been turned into a...
Read more

source: PCGN